We’re back with another quick 2-minute tip!
This video series is meant to give you tips for getting your articles approved on the first submission every time. We looked back at submission records to find common reasons why articles aren’t approved initially. Then, we compressed that information into individual 2-minute videos to save you time.
Anchor text is any word or group of words that is an active link to a webpage. Anchor text stands out from the rest of the text because it is blue in color and underlined.
Integrating anchor text links into your articles is a great way to connect readers to more information about your topic.
In this video, I share the ninth tip, “Monitor Anchor Text.”
Here’s a quick recap of the ninth “2 Minute Approval Tip” for those of you who don’t have two minutes to spare:
- Articles of 400 Words or Fewer – Shorter articles can have a maximum of 3 words in an anchor text link.
- Articles of More Than 400 Words – Longer articles can have a maximum of 5 words in anchor text links. No matter how much value you provide in an article, we won’t accept anchor text links that are more than 5 words.
- Build a Better User Experience – Anchor text can make the inclusion of outside resources seamless in the article. By providing high-value content and giving additional places to find out more through anchor text links, you can give a really solid user experience.
- Anchor Text vs. Hyperlinked Text – Anchor text is different from hyperlinked text in that hyperlinks display the full web address being linked (Ex. anchor text: “Watch other ‘2 Minute Approval Tips’ by clicking here.” vs. hyperlinked text: “Check out the entire ‘2 Minute Approval Tips’ video series by visiting: http://EzineArticles.com/videos/2-minute-approval-tips/“).
- Exception to the Rule – There are exceptions to almost every rule. In this case, some small words are exempt from the anchor text word count, like: to, is, in, on, it, and, at, by, etc. Remember, the determination of whether there is too much anchor text is made with many factors in mind – length, uniqueness and value all play a role.
Check out this earlier episode from the “2 Minute Approval Tips” series for a refresher on how many links are allowed in articles.
Put this anchor text tip to good use when writing your next set of quality, original articles. Also, leave a comment to share one of your own approval tips for including links in your articles.