Increasing Article Views – Ramp Up Your Writing Efforts

5 tips to help you boost your writing and make your article views skyrocket.

One of the ways to measure progress in your article writing and marketing campaign is monitoring article view counts. More article views means more chances people will get to your call-to-action and be directed back to your website or blog.

Now, your niche will play a major role in how many article views you end up getting, but there are a few other steps you can use to ramp up your writing process and increase your article views.

Here are 5 ways to increase article views for your next set of articles:

1. Break Through With a Meaningful Title – The first 3-5 words of your title can dramatically increase how much traffic your article will generate back to your website. You could have the world’s best article, but if you have a poor title you’d only see a fraction of the potential traffic a great title would bring.

Remember that your titles should be keyword rich and benefit-oriented to clearly indicate what the article is about. The key to your articles’ success is in the quality of the title, so make your title stand out.

2. Use the Summary as an Attention-Grabber – The article summary is one of the few pieces of information displayed on the EzineArticles Homepage and the article’s category page with links to your article. Apart from the title, the summary is the most prominent thing that’ll spark a potential reader’s interest in your article, so it should give a short, accurate representation of the article.
  3. Pry Into Keyword ResearchKeyword research could be just what you need to write insightful content that gets noticed by your intended audience. To discover more about your audience, we can show you how web surfers found your past articles. To do this:
    1. Log into your account at
    2. Click on the Article Views link on the left side of the homescreen.
    3. Click on the number in the Views column of the article title you would like to see data for.
    4. On this screen, you’ll see the article’s views organized by month. To see Traffic Search Terms, click on the alternate option.

Using this information, you can focus your energy on writing with the keywords that are most popular.

4. Promote Your Articles Through Social Media – Let your friends and acquaintances know when you have new articles to share with them. Sharing your articles puts them out for your social network to read, share, repost, etc.

You can also build your social network by connecting your social networking accounts on your EzineArticles Expert Bio (click on the “Social Media” drop-down menu in your “Author’s Area” and select the networking site(s) you are using).This way if people find your articles particularly insightful, they can connect to you directly through the accounts you share on your Expert Bio.

5. Place the EzineArticles Widget On Your Website/Blog – Having an EzineArticles widget on your website is one of the best ways for clients, prospects and other visitors to be made aware of your EzineArticles Expert Author status and also automatically promote the articles you submit to EzineArticles.

Bonus Tip: Make your articles evergreen and they’ll continue to drive traffic for you months, even years, after they were originally published.

Use these tips to ramp up your writing efforts today. Have any other ways to boost your writing efforts for more article views? Leave a comment to share your thoughts and ideas.

Ding Neng writes:

Hi EzineArticles, Thanks for sharing the 5 tips with me. Now i realise why some of my articles got so much views within a day, while some cant even get a handful of views in a month. Now i realise what i need to improve on. Thanks :)

Comment provided October 6, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Eddington writes:

These are really great insights Marc, to know where web surfers are coming from is an important process when internet marketing. I think I have not been using that tracking feature effectively, will definitely look into it.

Thanks again.

Comment provided October 6, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Jeff Herring writes:

Marc – great tips! I’ll add that after EzineArticles has sent a “new article announcement” to Twitter, go ahead and follow that up with a couple additional tweets that day announcing your article.

And then watch your article views increase!

Appreciate you Marc…

~ Jeff

Comment provided October 6, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Thanks, Jeff – it’s nice to be appreciated. Don’t forget that I have a whole team behind me here at EzineArticles, so the real appreciation goes to them as well. :-)

Jeff Herring writes:

Nice job giving credit where credit is due…

Appreciation all around!

~ Jeff

5 tips to help you boost your writing and make your article views skyrocket is great!

Comment provided October 6, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Krishna De writes:

Great ideas as usual – and to follow up on Jeff’s thoughts about Tweeting – scheduling those Tweets for different time zones also means that you are less likely to upset followers in your own time zone.

I know re-tweeting your own content can upset some people thought there are some people who have proven it to be highly successful such as Guy Kawasaki.

So another option is to have some of your Twitter friends Tweet your article too.

Comment provided October 6, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Marc, absolutely great tips, but I am afraid that with such great advice on these blogs, that some major company is going to try to steal you away as their social-networking marketing and online community communications director to help them connect with customers for branding purposes. Then they will offer you some outrageous salary. Can you commit to us authors that you will stick around for a while and continue to assist all of us do what we do better?

Comment provided October 6, 2010 at 3:57 PM

What can I say? I love what I do here and have no intention of going elsewhere anytime soon. I’d also have to figure out how to bring an entire team with me to that hypothetical major company since I don’t do my job alone. There are many, many people behind the scenes here at EzineArticles that allow me to be bring those tips and advice to all of you. I could not do what I do without them. :-)

Jan Smith writes:

This is another top tip thanks folks! A reminder of what we need to pay attention to in our article writing frenzy :-)

Interestingly, I have also surmised that the summary plays a bigger role in getting our articles read than I have previously given it credit for. So now I am really summarising my summaries rather than just copy/paste the first few paragraphs.

Comment provided October 6, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Jan Smith writes:

Whoops! sorry…no paragraphs…only sentences….

Had to smile~ the captcha for this edit was “user obsessed” ~ so is the universe trying to tell me something I wonder :-)

Dr. J.S. Anand writes:

EzineArticles is a great world. more integrated than the outside world. more people must connect and know. it is a voyage in self-discovery. it tells people who to let others know of them. the tips are really wonderful. the knowledge helps in many ways. it equips you for human interaction as well.

Comment provided October 6, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Takuya Hikichi writes:

I’d like to know why my articles that have been viewed more than the top 10 Most View Articles are not included in the category? 3rd article had 459 views since Aug 21 and one of my article has 429 views just since Sep 20, but I do not see it in the Top 20. I wonder why?

Comment provided October 7, 2010 at 1:43 AM

mike writes:

I am learning things for your articles that I have never heard of. Thanks for sharing. I will always be checking back.

Comment provided October 8, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Crisologo writes:

A meaningful articles with full of tips. Thank you.

Comment provided October 11, 2010 at 9:44 PM

sun writes:

I agree with you that the title makes so much impact on us because I know when I open EzineArticles and browse something I end up reading something else . Reason is simple: their title makes me read their whole article.

Your article is definitely providing good tips.

Comment provided October 13, 2010 at 9:47 AM

jon bone writes:

I see now, so because of my titles not being top dollar reader cant find them or just dont want want to red them as they come across too boring perhaps?? Thanks EzineArticles!

Comment provided October 14, 2010 at 6:39 AM

Patricia Hines writes:

Thanks for the tips, I see my shortcomings and there are plenty of them!! I need to work on my titles and make my article fulfill the promise of the title. I will be working hard. Thanks

Comment provided October 14, 2010 at 2:47 PM

loft ladders writes:

nice stuff! i just want to stand up and say superb for this article.

Comment provided October 16, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Jackie Corey writes:

Good information. I’m new at this sort of thing, but am learning from these articles. Thanks for the encouraging help.

Comment provided October 16, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Jackie Corey writes:

I think I’ve just discovered the importance of the Summary. I’ve not been doing that well, but now I’ve got it. And what is a Widget? I’m lost there. This helped me realize the importance and substance of the summary. Thanks.

Comment provided October 16, 2010 at 1:10 PM

mike writes:

This stuff is hard. I really wish they had computers when I was growing up!!

Comment provided October 16, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Randy Chan writes:

This really help to me, I’m a newbie at this sort of thing, Thanks for the encouraging help.

Comment provided October 21, 2010 at 2:10 AM

Liliana Vela writes:

EzineArticles widget – this is something I am not aware of. I will look into it now and see how I go about utilizing it.

Comment provided December 11, 2010 at 8:28 AM

Duy Nguyen Khanh writes:

As Helpful And Insightful As Usual :) I’m Gonna Try These ASAP. Thanks For Sharing.
EzineArticles Team Rock!