Time to Complete Your Expert Author Bio

A crucial step to maximizing your exposure as an Expert Author.

You’ve probably heard the terms “Author Photo” and “Author Bio.” You may even know a little bit about your “Extended Author Bio.”

What you may not know is how these items are related and, more importantly, the value of filling in your whole Author Bio.

Every author has an Author Bio that contains a list of their published articles, but it’s surprising how many authors haven’t taken advantage of the rest of their bio by filling in more about themselves.

Once you write and submit an article, the link to your bio shows up on every article right below the Resource Box.

Making a Public Profile

Filling out your public profile is the quickest and easiest way to give readers a place to find more information about yourself. Here is the 3-part process for completing your Author Bio:

1. Log into your EzineArticles Expert Author Account.
  2. Upload an Author Photo [learn how].
  3. Fill out as much of the Author Bio Form as you can [learn how].

The more boxes you fill in on the bio form, the better. By uploading your Author Photo and filling in as much information as possible in the bio form, you’ll also automatically get an Extended Author Bio. You can use your Extended Bio to share things like:

• Website/Blog URLs
  • Info About You and Your Company
  • Social Networking Links
  • Links To Products You’re Selling

Remember, if you forgo filling out your bio, you’re essentially leaving FREE links on the table. This process takes a minimal amount of work, yet will help maximize the traffic you receive through the EzineArticles system.

So, go now to your Expert Author Account and fill in as much as you can. Then, mark your calendar and come back to your bio in a few months. By that time, you may be able to fill in a few more blanks!

Ding Neng writes:

Thanks for the tips EzineArticles. Yeap. I have filled up all the available boxes in my Author Profile and make full use of it to increase exposure for my links. It work really well too! Free Traffic + Higher conversion too :) Don’t leave Free links on the table!

Ding Neng

Comment provided October 22, 2010 at 12:19 PM

NP Dowling writes:

And by having a number of profiles (pen names) you get the opportunity to have different profiles linking to different places! Valuable!

Comment provided October 22, 2010 at 3:23 PM

Eddington writes:

This is very useful info and pen names is something I still have to get my head round? I hear people talk about using different author names and I am not exactly sure how it works, I guess I need to spend some time on that.

Or perhaps someone help me catapult the process please : ).

Boy oh boy, don’t we learn everyday!

Frankie Cooper writes:

This is great information and useful information to remember. I’m going to update my profile ASAP and re-update it on a regular basis.

Comment provided October 23, 2010 at 8:17 AM

Jason Orban writes:

Thanks for the tips EzineArticles. And I agree you do not want to leave any links on the table if you can help it. Everyone pretty much looks at the Author bio box after they are done reading an article. You took the time to write the article now reap the rewards by maximixing your authou bio.

Comment provided October 23, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Frankie Cooper writes:

Since this appears to be a WordPress blog then this is the answer your second question:

“The other thing I have tried to find out and couldn’t is how to insert a photo here on the blog commenting, like Ding has done? How did you do it Ding?”

If you WordPress installed on your website:

Step 1: Go to http://www.wordpress.com
Step 2: Login using the same username and password that you use to access your wordpress blog admin area or click on the Signup button and get a username only account.
Step 3: Hold your mouse over the My Account link at the top left of the screen.
Step 4: Select “Edit My Profile” from the drop-down list.
Step 5: Click on the “Change Your Gravatar” link under the grey face on the right side of the screen which says “Current Gravatar” and upload your image.
Step 6: Click Update Profile button.
Step 7: Your finish now logout.

If you don’t have WordPress installed on your Website

Step 1: Go to http://en.gravatar.com/
Step 2: Setup a free account
Step 3: Enter your email address and upload a photo or image.

Comment provided October 23, 2010 at 2:04 PM

Eddington writes:

Thanks so much Frankie for choosing to share your knowledge, you definitely must have been around for a good while?

I wouldn’t have had the slightest clue, I create my wordpress blogs but have never hung around there to see whatever else it can do.

I am sure many others will benefit from this information.

I wish you more wisdom and success!

Indeed, I place those without their extended bios or pictures in my mind as “Less-than-credible” because, I do not know if they are a real person, or it’s just a pen name, of someone with 20-50 accounts under all different sorts of names here. I wonder if those are real people. Sometimes I read a very good article but no picture ID, or extended bio, then visit the website only to find some “built-4-AdSense” page, and feel duped. I wonder why bother. You see either you are a real person, or you are not, and if you aren’t or you are hiding from something, I just wonder what on Earth that might be, to me it is a credibility issue.

Comment provided October 24, 2010 at 1:45 AM

John Judd writes:

Well, you could be extraordinarily unattractive, like me, and feel extremely uncomfortable with every photo you’ve ever had taken.

Besides there are plenty of real people who write under pen names. Check out some well known authors, Stephen King comes to mind.

Okay, I understand the comment on the unattractive side of things, but look at Mick Jagger? The world needs his music and creativity, and he is an inspiration for all the artists out there.

With regards to the “pen names” – yes, but that is fictional work, most online article marketers are selling something, and to start out hiding behind a pen name, is already moving in the wrong direction of transparency and integrity. Not to mention the blurred line into misrepresentation in advertising or fraudulent marketing. So, it’s better to use one’s real name. I’ve heard all the arguments on all sides of things, and thought through all this, and we really need people to use their true identity online, for the trust factor, we have too many people not doing so, which hurts all internet information, defeating the purpose of this great communication device.

Rocky Torres writes:

I think this is for a reminder!

Comment provided October 24, 2010 at 2:03 AM

James writes:

I’m a Newbie, — My goal is to create a business Online and work from home. So thanks for the tips. I need all the help I can get.

Comment provided November 22, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Ian Belanger writes:

Thanks for the tips everyone. I am new to all of this and I am on a tight budget, so writing articles is going to be one my main sources of leads.

Comment provided November 27, 2010 at 8:18 PM

I know how you feel. I don’t think I would even start to try to get my mom into any of this.Everytime she asks me what it is I do, I know she will have stopped listening after the first sentence and I’ll have to explain it all again next time.So I think in future I’ll tell her I’m a dentist or something like that as she will understand that.

Comment provided February 21, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Nate B R writes:

Is there a limit to the number of links you can write in the Author Bio box? I know some places limit you to two or three.

Comment provided March 3, 2011 at 5:00 AM

Nate,

A maximum of (2) self-serving links can be included in your resource box. You may also include up to (2) non self-serving links with a total of (4) links.

Angela Kenny writes:

Thank you so much for such a great read. This is very informative.

Comment provided August 7, 2011 at 9:01 PM