Willie Horton eats, sleeps and drinks what he does. He works to help people live better lives and make good life decisions. Willie is a personal and business development consultant.
In his own words, “I am constantly thinking of more ways to explain to ordinary people how they can be extraordinary. I’m permanently on a mission to get out the message that we can all live effortlessly happy and successful lives on our own terms.”
Willie started article writing and marketing to help build awareness and interest in Gurdy.Net, the personal development website he launched in 2008.
In a Conversation With Readers
Willie’s secret to success is that he writes articles as if he were actually talking to the reader. If you can identify well with your audience, they’ll be way more likely to understand what you have to say. “So many of my clients say that they keep reading my articles because they feel as if I’m talking one-on-one to them,” Willie says.
He believes in the information he’s providing and it comes naturally.
According to Willie, his writing experiences in the personal and business consultation niches have shown him exactly the meaning of writing quality articles. He says, “Article and marketing success comes naturally if you totally believe in what you’re doing – because it’s no longer marketing – it’s a very important and highly effective way to get to people who really need what you’re offering.”
Quality vs. Quantity
Willie strives to fill each article with valuable information. If he has a day when he doesn’t feel like he has anything new to say, he’ll hold off on writing.
He says that if he tries to force himself to write “that’s when quantity compromises quality. Quantity over quality will turn off the people who I have worked hard to impress with my articles – I just couldn’t have that.”
Willie wanted to leave behind these pieces of advice for fellow article marketers:
- Write Top Class Articles – Imagine you’re talking to a prospect or client when you sit down and write. These are the people that will find your articles most useful. Also, this should help you feed off of a constant stream of new writing ideas. Your next article idea is only as far away as the questions that arise during a client meeting.
- Don’t Limit Yourself – Let go of your preconceived ideas that you have a limited amount of ideas to write about. If you have good ideas and you can get them across to clients, writing articles is easy and your next idea is near.
- Talk To Your Audience – Communicate with your audience in some way to get a sense of what they want out of your articles. It’s the best way to give them what they want.
- Don’t Write Just To Write – When you write articles, you’re putting yourself and your reputation out onto the Internet. Who knows when your article is going to be read by someone that can transform your business.
- Write When You’re In The Mood – When you are committed to what you’re writing, you’re a lot more likely to produce the quality content that is most valuable to your audience. Don’t sacrifice quality for quantity.
- Set Goals – Build writing time into your schedule. Establishing writing goals is a great way to get yourself on the right track.
Use all of this advice today to write your next set of original articles. Also, leave a comment to share how you get inspiration from your audience.