Increasing efficiency in your article writing and marketing strategy.
A couple weeks ago, I gave a presentation titled “Article Writing with a Marketing Focus” for the Internet Marketing Club’s weekly webinar.
The Internet Marketing Club is a great place for internet marketers of all experience levels to gather, network and discuss industry trends.
They also hold a webinar every Wednesday to introduce new and relevant topics in the world of internet marketing. Today’s video is a replay of the webinar from Wednesday, October 13th.
The presentation gives a snapshot of what successful article marketing looks like. It also gives some insights on how you can increase the efficiency of your article writing efforts to get more pre-qualified traffic back to your blog or website.
To store this video to your hard drive, click here (43.2 MB file size).
The video is a replay of the entire presentation, which is about 50 minutes long. Here’s an overview of what I cover in the presentation:
- Why Choose Article Writing and Marketing? – Traffic coming to your site from articles is pre-qualified. That means visitors are already interested in the knowledge you have in your niche. Articles boost your exposure and traffic in the here and now, as well as in the years to come.
- Changing the Article Marketing Landscape – In the past, 10 or so articles in one niche would make a big difference in the traffic you’d get back to your website. Now, the times are changing. There’s more people on the web and a lot of content providers competing for the attention of those people. As time progresses, it’ll take more articles to get the same attention you were getting in the past.
- My Traffic Formula – Traffic = Article Inventory X Quality Factors. A quality factor might be how comprehensive an article is or maybe how unique it is. This means that a lot of high-quality articles that are very original will deliver more traffic than the same amount of mediocre articles.
- Finding Content Ideas to Dominate a Niche – Use old content sources, like email newsletters and blog posts, to generate articles. If the content is great and you wrote the material yourself, you can submit it as an article. Also, understand the long tail keyword concept to get new content ideas.
- Choosing a Web Content Mix Strategy – It’s a good idea to think about all of the content you make or share on the Internet. Your entire web content mix is made up of:
- Information you keep exclusive to your website
- Information you share through syndication (like EzineArticles)
- User-generated content that you get from other people and share through social media sites
- Reprint rights articles that are borrowed from other content producers
Keeping the proportion of each of these categories in check will help you make better decisions for future content.
The video includes many of other insights, ideas and a Q&A session. In a nutshell, it gives you a general idea of how article writing and marketing works and how to get moving with your plan today.
Leave a comment to share your thoughts and questions.