#HAHD 5 Starts Today

The fifth 100 Articles in 100 Days Marathon Challenge (#HAHD) is underway!

If you set a goal today to write one article daily until December 31st and achieve that goal, you’ll have 100 new, high-quality articles to your credit by the end of 2010. In the spirit of that thought, today marks Day 1 of #HAHD 5. Have you signed up yet?

The Challenge

To be eligible for #HAHD 5, sign up now through your EzineArticles account. Once you sign up, your objective is to submit at least 100 qualifying articles of 400 words or more anytime between 12:01AM CT-US Thursday, September 23rd and 11:59PM CT-US Friday, December 31st.

Along with the successful completion of this challenge, you’ll:

• Get more high-quality traffic driven back to your website.
  • Grow your readership.
  • Develop a reputation of quality by sharing your unique expertise in your niche.
  • Put yourself among an elite group of Expert Authors who’ve completed an #HAHD Marathon Challenge.

In addition to that, you’ll also receive the new #HAHD 5 prize package, and the top 100 members for total number of approved submissions will qualify to be selected for 1 of 10 FREE 1-year EzineArticles Premium Membership subscriptions valued at $697 each!

#HAHD Challenges are a way to keep yourself motivated to submit new articles regularly. More live articles means more high-quality traffic for your websites, and getting into a habit of writing daily helps you build up your collection of articles.

Sign up now to have your next set of high-quality, original articles count for #HAHD 5. Then, let your friends and loyal followers know and tweet your intentions by clicking here. Also, leave a comment below to share your commitment to this challenge.

Lisa writes:

Yay! I got started at midnight. I heard via Twitter there were several starting with me. :)

Comment provided September 23, 2010 at 11:31 AM

That’s awesome! I love this drive!

Way to go, Lisa!

Going to give it a shot again. I need more EzineArticles office decor. (Because the 3 coffee cups, mousepad, clock and tote bag don’t already scream “I love EzineArticles”…) :)

Comment provided September 23, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Irene Jones writes:

Hey: I am learning to write with EzineArticles. I believe this will help me with my writing skills plus encourage me to write more.

I am going to give it my best effort and see what happens. This goal of 100 articles will motivate me to do my best each day.

Comment provided September 23, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Already submitted 10 articles this am. By Monday my goal is to have another 20 submitted. I will be 5 for 5 challenges.

Comment provided September 23, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Great job, Leanne!

By the way, I’m still researching the data to find out how many other people hold the distinction of having completed all 4 #HAHD Challenges.

Thanks for that feedback and I knew someone was working on it.

Sophia McIntyre writes:

This is my first challenge so I’m nervous, excited and raring to go. Looking towards 100 articles and going to give it my best shot.

Comment provided September 23, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Sophia,

Welcome to the challenge. If you have questions, be sure to ask. We want this experience to be a good one for you. :)

Sid Danczak writes:

This is just the motivation I haven’t been having. This will be a great way to come up with fresh ideas. Good Luck All!

Comment provided September 23, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Zack writes:

This is a great idea. I’ll shoot for it, but I’ll be honest with myself and admit that I probably won’t have the time for 1 a day. But still, even if I kinda keep up, that’s still a lot!

Comment provided September 23, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Will Blears writes:

Excellent work guys and girls, I have over 100 articles waiting to be submitted, may as well take my time though.

All excellent articles, totally different lengths, high quality…beautiful yummy articles :)

Comment provided September 23, 2010 at 4:23 PM

David Tatley writes:

I submitted 6 today, was going to put more in but then my account hit a 10 article limit and is now froozen. Think I need to wait, for my initial 10 to be checked for quality before I am allowed to do anymore.

Hope it does not take to long.

Comment provided September 23, 2010 at 4:40 PM

It won’t take long, David. Authors in your situation are given priority account reviews when this happens. :-)

kpaul writes:

Would be cool if winners or participants got access to more tools for headlines/idea generation.

First time entering HAHD, but I’m liking it so far.

Comment provided September 23, 2010 at 4:43 PM

kpaul writes:

Ooh… Also maybe have a page with current rankings of all entrants? Might be more motivation…

Comment provided September 23, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Jeff Herring writes:

5 Articles in so far on HAHD Day One- a few more before my head hits the pillow tonight after 2 teleseminars

Going for 201 this time

5 down 196 to go sounds daunting, but it will feel very good to post 196 down 5 to go in a few weeks!

~ Jeff

Comment provided September 23, 2010 at 5:07 PM

David Tatley writes:

Thanks Marc, Communications Manager I probably needed a break anyway, plus I am working on a new wordpress site so it gives me some time.

Someone mentions winners, is there prizes for doing 100 articles? I know we get some stuff for 200, is there anything for 100 ?

Comment provided September 23, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Of course there are prizes for 100 articles – that’s the fun part! You can find out all about them here:

Viviann Napp writes:

Well, I will try this to work on focus and discipline.

Comment provided September 23, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Eric J Smith writes:

20 down, 280 to go…

Comment provided September 23, 2010 at 5:42 PM

faisal farrukh writes:

Thats remarkable target………how far you are now? am 2 left for 200!!!

Crisologo writes:

This is an awesome challenge, a head scratching work but worth the effort to improve my writing skill. I love the pressure, i hope I’ll finish up to the deadline.

Comment provided September 23, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Jennifer writes:

Hi All

Talk about “Law of Attraction” my goal today was to learn about writing articles to drive traffic. Found you guys via web referral and BAM… now signed up for 100 articles…. the universe is truely amazing.

Now how to write… hmmmm wish me luck and good luck to all.

Cheers
Jennifer

Comment provided September 23, 2010 at 8:58 PM

Good luck, Jennifer! And welcome aboard. :-)

If you need help or inspiration, you’re in the right place. This Blog is chock full of ideas and instruction for becoming a successful Expert Author. Just use the search feature or simply surf the archives.

Robert Zuniga writes:

Love the opportunity to challenge myself.

I’ve signed up and am now committed.

-Robert

Comment provided September 23, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Ann Olson writes:

I got up at midnight, so I’ll have a really early start on this challenge. Good luck everybody!

Comment provided September 24, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Risalatul Haque Antiq writes:

Will you be sending the gifts to Bangladesh? Last time I missed the MUG because of my location :(

Comment provided September 24, 2010 at 2:24 AM

Yes, #HAHD awards are sent worldwide.

Keith writes:

I can see that your team has been prepared well for this – last night my articles were being submitted as fast as I was submitting them. Excellent!

Comment provided September 24, 2010 at 4:58 AM

David Tatley writes:

Thanks for the info (below)

Marc, Communications Manager writes:

September 23, 2010 at 5:38 PM

—–

I thought that was for 200 articles. Plus my account is now upgraded so I can submit 25 more articles.

Comment provided September 24, 2010 at 7:38 AM

Congrats to Will and all the others who have leaped out of the starting gate! Since the #HAHD challenge is all about attracting attention, how about considering engaging your potential customers by using your blog as a journal. Share your experiences and the results from your writing. I started mine yesterday – http://bit.ly/bwsoPU – and will be updating every few days. Then you can turn all of your writing efforts into an E-Book. This marketing action may help you stay motivated as so many start each of the challenges, but so few finish.

Comment provided September 24, 2010 at 8:08 AM

As a point of interest, on average about 10% of those who enroll actually complete the challenge.

Jeff Risk writes:

I already tried it but not completed the race but this time i will do it. For Sure

Comment provided September 24, 2010 at 8:17 AM

Lara Fabans writes:

I’ve seen them and kept thinking “I should do this.” My new mantra for the last (approx) 90 days of this year is “I am doing this.” And I am! 6 submitted.

Comment provided September 24, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Dave Halpern writes:

Do the articles need to be submitted one per day for 100 consecutive days or can they be submitted in bursts as long as 100 are approved by 12/31/2010 ?

Comment provided September 24, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Dave, you may submit them whenever you want – even as a burst of 100 articles on the last day. :-)

Which would make New Year’s Eve a very busy day if you want to submit 100 articles in one go…. ;-)

Mike writes:

The prize package looks great! I am still enjoying the coffee mug I received earlier this year. The best reward for me will be the increased traffic to my websites and sales.

Comment provided September 25, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Phyza writes:

I am participating for the first time and i hope i will qualify :)
Can’t really wait for 100 days lol

Comment provided September 26, 2010 at 9:40 AM

Crisologo writes:

I have already sumbitted 3 articles, I missed my goal of 200articles for 100 days, but I’ll try to recover soon.

Comment provided September 26, 2010 at 5:07 PM

kpaul writes:

Need some inspiration?

How to Write 100 Articles in 100 Days!

Comment provided September 27, 2010 at 1:35 AM

Viviann Napp writes:

Can anyone help me figure out how to single space and separate paragraphs? I was told my article was rejected. I don’t understand what they mean by a vertical space to separate paragraphs.
I would appreciate it.
Thanks.
Viviann

Comment provided September 27, 2010 at 7:40 AM

Glad to participate, but please don’t send any physical prize. Danish customs are crazy and want about 50$ to clear the parcel from the HAHD4 challenge, so no need to send anything.

Will complete anyway. :-)

Comment provided September 27, 2010 at 9:06 AM

faisal farrukh writes:

What?

Are prizes, awards and gifts…….taxable in Denmark??? Strange!!!

Angela Linton writes:

I am in again.

Thanks for the gifts guys and I have posted two photos here

Thanks again.

Comment provided September 28, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Owais Siddiqui writes:

Just finished submitted my 1st hundred articles :)
Enjoying my coffee now!

Comment provided September 29, 2010 at 11:23 AM

Angela Linton writes:

Wow, way to go Owais!

Well done and congrats.

Owais Siddiqui writes:

Thanks Angela I hope you do the double deal faster than anyone else

Comment provided September 29, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Bill writes:

Is there a way to white-paper my sites so I dont have to worry about issues with ownership?
I only want backlinks and this site seems to weed the basil with the poison ivy. btw I understand why.

Comment provided September 29, 2010 at 3:49 PM

Count me in, and I’ll catch up since I’m starting a week late. :-)

Comment provided September 29, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Lynn Hahn writes:

This is so fun! You really have a great incentive and educational organization. This is just what I need to get me going. I’m still a newbie. Thank you!

Comment provided October 5, 2010 at 10:33 AM

I have one published article and one pending so I’m feeling pretty pleased with myself as I have only just started

Comment provided October 5, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Is there a place where we can easily see the challengers articles so we can give our fellow writers support by sharing their articles, leaving comments, etc?

Comment provided October 5, 2010 at 12:56 PM

That’s not currently a feature we have built into our system – but it’s a good suggestion for a future upgrade! Thanks!

Risalatul Haque Antiq writes:

36 articles in 13 days! Gush! I am looking damn good for the flash! :D

Comment provided October 6, 2010 at 1:05 PM

faisal farrukh writes:

Hey Marc,

I got a surprise gift yesterday – a tote bag, many thanks!

As i know the prizes bundle, this is not the HAHD one, right? It is in fact an inspirational surprise, right?

Am to complete 200 articles today – shall get slower now. Did enough.

When you will roll with the 6TH HAHD and the mug?

Regards

Faisal

Comment provided November 27, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Lisa Mason writes:

Don’t you love the little inspirational surprises they send to their top authors? I got mine just in time to bring it on a Thanksgiving trip with me. :) Keep writing!

faisal farrukh writes:

Yea…….loving and inspiring!!! Thats a nice bag indeed!!! it made me excited!!!……that is not the HAHD…..prize……..right?

Faisal,

The bag was just a little surprise thank you gift sent to our top #HAHD 5 participants. #HAHD 6 is scheduled to begin January 10, 2011.

Lisa Mason writes:

Nope, not the HAHD prize; just a little “thank you” from EzineArticles. They are good like that. :) I loved mine as well. Always fun to get a surprise in the mail, especially after working so hard on articles.

Comment provided November 27, 2010 at 1:37 AM