#HAHD 5 Starts September 23rd!

Are you ready? The 5th “100 Articles in 100 Days Marathon Challenge” (#HAHD) begins in just a few days!

TO QUALIFY:* You’ll need to sign up and submit at least 100 qualifying articles of 400 words or more anytime between 12:01AM CT-US Thursday, September 23rd and 11:59PM CT-US Friday, December 31st. Once those 100 articles are approved, you’re qualified!

Sounds simple enough, right? We’ve added a couple of bonus prizes to give you an extra push and the Personal Goal progress bar is back again so you can set and track your own personal goal above and beyond the 100 articles needed to qualify for #HAHD.

If you’re looking for more of a challenge, we’re also holding a Double #HAHD Challenge. Write an additional 100 articles (total of 200) in the same time limit and we’ll reward you with a bonus prize!

QUALIFICATION PRIZES:

• All Qualifiers Receive:

1. Downloadable #HAHD Certificate of Achievement (frame not included)
    2. Limited-Edition EzineArticles #HAHD Mouse Pad
    3. Limited-Edition EzineArticles Multi-Purpose Padfolio
    4. Limited-Edition Data DVD with EzineArticles Videos
    5. EzineArticles Member’s Pen
    6. EzineArticles “My Next 10 Article Ideas” Notepad
  • Double #HAHD Challenge Bonus Prize: EzineArticles Flash Drive Pre-Loaded with Article Templates

• Added Bonus: The top 100 members for total number of approved submissions will also qualify to be selected for 1 of 10 FREE 1-year EzineArticles Premium Membership subscriptions valued at $697 each!

Registration has already begun! Check out the left navigation bar in your Member’s Area Homepage for the sign-up link.

Stay up-to-date on everything related to #HAHD by:

Leave a comment below to let the rest of the article writing and marketing world know about your commitment to this challenge. Then really solidify your plans by tweeting your intentions (don’t forget the #HAHD hashtag) – or click [here] to let us write your tweet for you!

Also, don’t forget to share your experiences from the challenge with your fellow Expert Authors on Twitter and Facebook.

* The Fine Print:

1. To qualify, articles must be submitted under the same author name. Articles from multiple author names may not be combined. Members may qualify multiple times under multiple author names.
  2. Participants are required to sign-up for this challenge prior to its completion on December 31st.
  3. Qualification is based on submission date, not approval date, of articles. However, articles must inevitably be approved to qualify.
  4. Prizes will be shipped to anywhere in the world via USPS to the postal mailing address listed in the member profile and to verifiable postal mailing addresses ONLY.

Edward Weiss writes:

Whoever came up with this idea (HAHD) should be given a marketing award. It’s gold Jerry. Gold. :)

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 10:38 AM

Expert authors Jeff Herring, Felicia Slattery and Keith Goodrum get the credit for coming up with it… We just ran with it and included some incentives for completing it.

Jeff Herring writes:

Hi Chris and Team!

Looking forward to my students and I completing the HAHD Challlenge!

I remember when Keith Goodrum, Felicia Slattery and myself came up with the HAHD idea, sitting around one Saturday morning tweeting about how many articles we could write in how short a time…

And you guys have done a FANTASTIC job of running with it, and I so appreciate you for doing it!

~ Jeff

;)

Maritza Parra writes:

chris & EzineArticles, It really is fantastic how you guys have taken this idea and made it something fun & effective for article authors!

I remember the morning Felicia, Kieth & Jeff came up with the idea… brilliant co-creating that you guys continue to improve upon to inspire massive action!

Keith Goodrum writes:

Chris & The Gang at EzineArticles… ditto what Maritza said. I’m gobsmacked watching how much this has grown.

It has been fun being involved in this party.

Keith

Kaye Bailey writes:

Thanks for another chance, Chris. I had 75 published and headed for the finish last time when an untimely family death derailed me. This time I see we will finish in the midst of winter holidays. I’m planning ahead and coming in early!! Keeping this train on the track! Thanks one more time for the motivation & outstanding resource. Best wishes to you and Team-EzineArticles!

Richard Allen writes:

Kaye,
Sorry to hear of your family loss last time (surprised nobody else commented on this folks!), here’s hoping you make the 100 this time! I am now a work at home dad and am aiming for 10-15 a day per morning before my little i have to pick my daughter up from nursery

Patrick ONeill writes:

Awesome!
It is amazing how these “competitions” hold my feet to the fire and lead to more traffic, more productivity and more sales.

Thanks for the boost guys!

Jerry Wear writes:

What a great idea this will sure help me in my learning this super job and make alot of friends and make money. THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME THIS CHANCE TO GET WHERE I GOING> THANK YOU JERRY WEAR

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Lisa writes:

I’m in again and was excited to see the new prizes this time. This will be lots of fun!

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Eddington writes:

This is a nice challenge indeed,will stretch me I am gonnah give it a go. But 100! By December? Mmm :)

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Chris Kanyane writes:

Its possible Eddington, you can do it – take heart!

Dr.Diane writes:

It sounds exciting. I guess I’m crazy enough to give it a whirl. It will force me to write one article a day! Good opportunity to stretch my discipline some more. Good luck all!

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Dearly Beloved Christopher, Marc, Jeff, Connie, Keith and all the special team members at EzineArticles:

Thank you so very much for this great opportunity to dive into this challenge. It is really great for many reasons one of which is the building of greater confidence in the areas of knowledge that one have always had but not shared with all those who care to discover it.

It is so amazing when sharing the ideas and seeing others engage them and giving you feedback about how you should get more of the knowledge out into the open. Without the challenge, many of the idea and knowledge sharing would not have started or taken place.

The last challenge was a great blessing and this new one will be another opportunity that will be maximized to the utmost, not only because of the rewards from your wonderful team but also for personal growth in writing and publishing as well as benefiting the world as a whole with our numerous knowledge and ideas.

Interestingly enough, members of my family are picking up interest to join in the writing challenge going forward and that means you are unknowingly creating a good and great family writing challenge for all the writers in this space!

Thank you for the writing challenge opportunity and please keep up the good and great work that you have started, are doing and will continue to do by the grace of God.

Remain blessed and a blessing with God speed.

Regards,
Olakunle Solomon Fatoye.

Smile… :-)

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 1:18 PM

The incentives have always been great and glad to see some new ones to the mix. I have already committed to this #HAHD 5 challenge.

Can someone at EzineArticles share how many have completed all 4 challenges?

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 1:24 PM

There are 8 authors who have completed all 4 #HAHD Challenges – they come from each of these countries:

– Netherlands
– Jamaica
– New Zealand
– Singapore
– Australia
– India
– USA (2)

Lisa writes:

What about the US of A?

Lisa, I was surprised to see that nobody from the U.S. held that distinction. I even double checked my data …

Lisa writes:

Yea me too because I did them all. I even have all the certificates hanging in my office with the dates and everything:

March 20, 2009- July 1, 2009
August 1, 2009- November 8, 2009
January 1, 2010- April 10, 2010
May 1, 2010- August 8, 2010

Lisa, I stand corrected. I did my queries by member number since our members should get one number that sticks with them throughout their time with us. For some reason, your member number changed or was in error, so you didn’t show up as a match for all 4 challenges. Please accept my apologies, I’ve added you to the list. And thanks for representing the USA!! :-)

King For writes:

I am also one of those who has successfully completed all the 4 #HAHD Challenges but you have obviously missed mentioning me. My address on file is USA, so I am supposed to be one of those representing the USA. Please check and confirm.

I have been with EzineArticles from the beginning, :) I am right now signed up to complete the 5th #HAHD Challenge!

You are correct. Our apologies for the oversight and congratulations for completing all 4 challenges!

King For writes:

Thank you, Marc, and well done to you and the rest of the wonderful EzineArticles team.

It’s really good to be part of the wonderful EzineArticles home, :)

OK — I’m signing up again — hoping to make it this time :)

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Angela Wills writes:

Yay Meredith! You can do it. I’m really looking forward to this challenge!

Cathy Chapman writes:

I’m in. This time I’m going for 200.
That was my goal last time but I got sidetracked.

Then it was 10 days away and had to write 80 something and just knew I couldn’t do it.

I then did a stern talking to myself and was a crazy writing fiend. I completed it.

I learned so much doing that many in such a short time.

One thing I learned was that writing one a day was a snap … and two wouldn’t be difficult. All I had to do was make a commitment and then do it. Being tired was not an excuse.

And I love my EzineArticles clock. It’s hanging where I can see it.

Thanks so much for the continued incentives.

Cathy

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Jeff Herring writes:

Cathy – You said “Being tired was not an excuse.” and you are absolutely right!

When my students (or I) say “But I’m tired and don’t feel like it…..”

I answer with “What does that have to do with it?”

See you at the finish line!

~ Jeff

I am committed to the double HAHD article challenge. I think that EzineArticles should allow us to check a box on the items we want or don’t want, thus, saving EzineArticles money. For instance, I already have 4 mouse pads, but I use a laptop with a touch pad – see that point? Why not allow us to save money or pick out of 10-prize choices, 2-3 in a couple of categories, or 5 of the ten? I know that is a little more work for the team stuffing the prize postal shipping boxes, but people will be happier with the prizes, and EzineArticles will end up saving money from those who only perhaps want a few of the prizes, because this helps the environment, and since most of the items are most likely made in China, it helps the trade deficit.

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Owais Siddiqui writes:

Nice idea. I hope EzineArticles folks consider this

Elisabeth Kuhn writes:

That’s an excellent idea, Lance! I hace a Mac with a touch pad too, though I do find uses for those mouse pads ;-)

But still…

I was hoping that the wall clock would reappear too…

Elisabeth

P.S.: What? No mugs this time?

Lisa writes:

Good point, Elisabeth. I love the mugs! Was working on a nice little collection here.

Chris Kanyane writes:

Awaiting same Lisa at the end of the line

Nope, we thought we’d change it up a little this time. Perhaps the mugs will be back for #HAHD 6.

Sherry Harris writes:

I agree with Lance. I would love to pick which items I can receive. I can’t get enough EzineArticles mugs in my life!

Lance, we’re always open to ideas. We’ll keep this one in mind for #HAHD 6. As you noted, the logistics might be a bit of a challenge, but the green benefits and the happy Expert Authors might make it worthwhile. :-)

Russel writes:

Two hundred articles for an EzineArticles flash drive? I’m in! Thank you for creating this challenge!

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Linda writes:

Never did well at keeping articles flowing. This time, I’ll bite. I’m in. :)

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Owais Siddiqui writes:

Count me IN.
I wrote over 600 last time and this time I will try for more

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Alla Goltsman writes:

Wow! 600!!! How did you come up with the ideas? Please, write about it.

Alla Goltsman writes:

I am in. Why? Could it be a disaster? I will never know until I give it an honest try. I am going to participate because:

1. It’s a way to brand yourself

2. It’s a way to improve writing and copywriting skills

3. It’s a way to attract attention of quality people

4. It cannot hurt me but it can bring unpredictable
positive effect on my life

5. It is very challenging for a person who never
thought of herself as a writer. The challenge
brings out the best in people.

6. It is a way to keep procrastination and
mediocrity out of my life

7. It is a way to bring quality traffic to my websites

I can feel my creative juices waking up.

Best of luck to all participants!

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Your logic is impeccable! Good luck, Alla! :-)

Sue writes:

Stay up-to-date on everything related to #HAHD by:

* Following the #HAHD hashtag on Twitter
* Following EzineArticles on Twitter
* Becoming an EzineArticles Facebook Fan

Is there another way of keeping up-to-date?!

You’ll all probably think I’m some kind of crazy woman, but I don’t do Twitter or Facebook!

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Sue, in lieu of joining us on Facebook and Twitter, you can simply watch the Blog. We’ll be doing less-frequent updates on here. We’ll also be sending occasional emails to all enrolled participants.

Steve Benedict writes:

I’ve watched this contest develop and never entered. I’ve been using the excuse that I have too many other things to attend to and it’s too much of a stretch.

I finally decided that there is nothing more important than honing my skills as a writer. If I’m ever to develop a following and start getting picked up by content aggregators, I’ve got to make this commitment.

So, here I am. “If it is to be…it’s up to me!”

Thanks for pushing me.

Steve Benedict

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Eric J Smith writes:

With the inclusion of 2 new categories i could probably make 500 articles in 100 days…

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Eric J Smith writes:

Or perhaps this…

– Environment (main category – with sub categories as below)
— Organic Gardening
— Environmental Health

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 4:58 PM

JERRY wEAR writes:

i DID THIS TWO BUT THANK YOU

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 5:33 PM

JERRY wEAR writes:

We are having fun on my screw ups but thank you so very much for letting me be in this chance. Jerry Wear

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Willie writes:

I’m going to try doing this. I haven’t used article marketing much so this may give me a kick in the butt.
Can I do this with a regular account?

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Yes. Although a Basic account gives you only 10 article submissions, we have a system in place to quickly review your account status when you’ve used up all of those submissions. At that time your account will either be upgraded or you’ll simply be granted additional submissions.

Am planning on making this #HAHD my magic 3rd attempt at finishing :-)

Lynn

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Mark writes:

No mug this time? :-(

Doesn’t really matter, I’ve got enough of them.

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Nope, we thought we’d change it up a little this time. Perhaps they’ll be back for #HAHD 6.

Jan writes:

I hate committing to something and then not being able to complete it. Can we sign up retrospectively if we follow all the rules applicable?

Personally, I would prefer to just do it and then sign up to say it’s done. Just knowing that this challenge exists becomes my driving force and is so helpful to get me off my ‘nether-end’ ~ so can we/I do it this way please?

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Enrollment remains open right up until the end (December 31st at midnight), so yes, you could delay enrolling until day 100 if you wanted to. However, we will be sending out email updates throughout the challenge to everybody that’s enrolled, so you’d be missing out on those. You’d also miss out on the chance to win one of our “surprise” prizes that we typically have during the #HAHD Challenges.

Eleanor Ditzel writes:

What does HAHD stand for?

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 8:55 PM

#HAHD is the Twitter hash tag for “100 Articles in 100 Days” (a Hundred Articles in a Hundred Days) – it’s not really good English, but it was formulated when the challenge was only a few people. Nobody really knew how big it would eventually become.

Rabison Shumba writes:

Count in the 5th Challenge. I loved the stretch in the 4th one. I loved the gifts too. Completing the double challenge was a bonus for me. I enjoy writing my thoughts in the leather bound journal. Thank you EzineArticles. I shall run the race again representing my nation and continent, Zimbabwe and Africa. Is there a way to get the demographics of how many qualified per continent. Thank you for the stats for 4th HAHD challenge. Only 220 of us finished the race and only over 60 of us did 200 articles in the same period. That alone became fuel for me to participate again.

I appreciate you team.

Rabison Shumba
Proudly African

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 10:36 PM

In #HAHD 4 there were 9 qualifiers from Africa and only 1 from Zimbabwe. You did indeed represent your country in that challenge. :-)

Owais Siddiqui writes:

@Marc, It would be nice if I can get similar stats for Pakistan :)

There were 5 authors from Pakistan who qualified for #HAHD 4.

sunny suman writes:

I registered for it the last time but gave up reaching 45 or somewhere there. In the process I wrote so many error articles subject to rejections. Just hated myself for that…..

Bullshit excuses and nothing more! But this time I really wanna do it…… In fact, I have to do it.

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Jun Yuan Lim writes:

Wow! What a challenge… Not sure I’ll be able to write 100 articles in the allocated time frame but… If I never try, I will never know!

I’m ready for it! :D

Cheers
Jun Yuan

Comment provided September 20, 2010 at 10:46 PM

MJ Schrader writes:

Another HAHD hoozah!! And enough of a break between them to get 3 websites up and running.
This time I will reach my HAHD #4 goal!
And thank you so much for having the contests and great prizes. I proudly have the clock from last time above my desk, and the journal beside my bed.

MJ Schrader

Comment provided September 21, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Chris Kanyane writes:

That is real encouragement MJ

Rob Playford writes:

My first hundred challenge, pretty excited been getting into the swing of it the last couple of days and looking forward to the challenge.

Anyone know, Is premier membership still included within the prizes?

Best of luck to all..

Comment provided September 21, 2010 at 4:38 AM

Thank you for calling attention to our oversight! :-) Yes, the top 100 qualifiers by article quantity will qualify for a chance to win 1 of 10 EzineArticles Premium Memberships. We’ve updated the Blog to reflect this.

Rob Playford writes:

Just to Clarify then is that the first 100 entrants to enter 100 articles or the 100 entrants who posted the most amount of articles?

Thanks

That is the 100 entrants with the most articles at the end of the Challenge.

Jan writes:

Hi Marc,

Thanks for replying and yes, having a chance to go into the drawer for a premier membership was the “arm breaker” ~ I’m in.

I’m committed to creating 100 articles in 100 days – talk about bringing your productivity to another level!

Comment provided September 21, 2010 at 4:44 AM

Patrick ONeill writes:

This helps me, maybe it will help someone else?

Do not think of 100 … think of 1 a day.
I do mine first thing in the morning while I wait on my coffee to get done.

Then it is done for the day!

Later in the day, I find a half hour here and there, and write one or two more, but that first one before any of life’s sidetracks hit me is important.

I hope this helps.

Patrick

Comment provided September 21, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Spencer Brown writes:

Wow…100 articles in 100 days. That sounds like a challenge. I probably won’t join in on this one, but next time I plan on joining…That is if I make it past my Basic Level Membership. Good luck to everyone that enters!

Comment provided September 21, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Sethe Gomez writes:

Yay! Another #HAND marathon for me c”,) Thank you guys for this one… Being able to drive lots of traffic to my employer’s website is all that I want to do. And i do this with the help of ezine. The added incentives (prizes) is just a plus.. But I will never get tired of getting the certificates or mugs or mouse pads… c”,)

P.S. Thanks for the package Chris and to the rest of your team.. God bless!!!

Comment provided September 21, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Rocky Torres writes:

Good luck!!!

Comment provided September 22, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Andy writes:

Hi there, I tried to sign up. But my country is not listed. (Malaysia).

Can you guys please help?

Comment provided September 22, 2010 at 4:55 AM

Tommy Smith writes:

This is awesome! I have a habit of starting strong but never finishing. The third time will be the charm.

Good luck to everyone.

Comment provided September 22, 2010 at 7:36 AM

Shawn Du'Mmett writes:

It’s a shame the coffe mug is off the table … I am afraid I am not so inspired now. I will achieve this illusive mug … I will…

Well I am definitely in for the HAHD 5 having almost made it in the HAHD 4. Well almost, except for about 40 more articles I would have made it, but all these interesting IM projects kept popping up right at the end.

Which leads me onto a little advice from this wannabe veteran… Do not leave it until the last moment!!!

The 100 days sounds like a loooooong time.

It did to me, until those lower and lower numbers appeared in the dashboard of ‘Days To Go’. Then confidence turned to apparent resolve, which then turned to stress, finally ending in feigned complacency as the HAHD ended. “Yes, I could of done it if I wanted to, never mind, I am not worried I failed again!”

Should I put 400 articles in my Personal Target again … You betcha!!!

Good luck to all participants … Will this wave of HAHD be a stronger one?

Comment provided September 22, 2010 at 11:21 AM

Tina Golden writes:

I’m in. I wanted to do one of these challenges before and I never ended up doing it but I’m determined this time!

Comment provided September 22, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Laura writes:

Okay, count me in. I have wanted to do this for a while but always had an excuse. This time no excuses. :) At least not yet.

Comment provided September 22, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Hi Chris and Team!

I just want you to know that I absolutely love what you are doing. I am looking forward to entering the hahd challenge.

Comment provided September 22, 2010 at 1:34 PM

kpaul writes:

Will be entering this year…

Comment provided September 22, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Zana Hart writes:

I’m in! This will be my first time. A couple of things got me to do it:

[1] I just read a book called No Plot? No Problem, about writing a novel in 30 days. I was tempted to try that but not quite enough to do it.

[2] It dawned on me that some of the 100+ articles I’ll be doing can form the first draft of the paperback book I’ve been wanting to write.

Comment provided September 22, 2010 at 3:23 PM

louise writes:

Well, I’ve signed up now, there’s no going back : )

Comment provided September 22, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Jordan writes:

I’m defiantly in!! I tried last time, but I entered when the challenge was almost over. I’m hoping this time, having the whole hundred days will help me!!

Comment provided September 22, 2010 at 5:07 PM

JeromeTatler writes:

So does the 400words include the resource box or just the article body?

Comment provided September 23, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Lisa writes:

Does not include the resource box. When you input your article in the editor, there will be a word count at the bottom. Make sure it says 400 and that article will make your counter go up once submitted.

JeromeTatler writes:

400 words sounds doable. Does the words in the resource box count or just the article body?

Comment provided September 23, 2010 at 12:42 AM

Jerome,

The 400 words is for the article body alone. It does not include the resource box.

Manish writes:

Great ! I am another one in this marathon.

regards

Comment provided September 23, 2010 at 1:00 AM

Pauline chan writes:

I am interested in taking part in the 100-day challenge

Comment provided September 23, 2010 at 1:00 AM

Sorin Velescu writes:

well, i’m in. My very own goal is to write 100 articles in 100 days (or more), all about wedding topics. Wish me luck. This is really a chalenge.

Comment provided September 23, 2010 at 2:27 AM

Lisa writes:

P.S. EzineArticles- love the new look of the blog! :)

Comment provided September 23, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Patrick ONeill writes:

Woo-Hoo!
6 written and submitted today.

Anyone else post multiples today?
Day one is soooo important.

Let’s use each other for encouragement.

Come on, how many did you do today?

Comment provided September 23, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Claire Boyles writes:

Well, I’ve just done it! Signed up, made a commitment!

Lets see if I’m up for the challenge!

If I succeed, when I succeed this will be the most writing I’ve ever done in my life in 100 days!

Comment provided September 23, 2010 at 3:47 PM

I received my #HAHD 4 Awards yesterday! I am so grateful to Knight Chris and Management of EzineArticles; You are Beautiful and your Impacts are Wonderful. Thank You! I have signed up for #HAND 5 and i have all the Rewards…You are branding us Great…It is Great Partnering with you…I am submitting my 200 Articles in few days…

Comment provided September 24, 2010 at 5:22 AM

Tara writes:

I think I’ll try this again. Completed one in the past and really enjoyed the experience.

Tara

Comment provided September 24, 2010 at 7:20 AM

Elizabeth writes:

I am trying again. There is something about having to do something in a time period that makes me freeze until I calmly talk myself into doing it. The suggested article titles are a tremendous help for me as I have a complicated subject. Thanks, EzineArticles folks.

Comment provided September 26, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Columbia Jones writes:

Hi Elizabeth,

I am playing again too after not completing last time. I now have a partner with whom I talk daily and get daily support and encouragement. I’d love to chat and offer you support and encouragement. I have an interest in geneaolgy too.

Columbia

Elizabeth writes:

Hi Columbia, That would be great. I need all the help I can get. Our new archives opened recently and I am volunteering there and doing genealogy for folks all over the world. I have a hard time getting everything done. Maybe with your encouragement, I will. E

Columbia writes:

Hi Elizabeth,

Great to hear from you! How are you coming with the challenge? I started a few days late but am catching up now. If you would like daily comments with me let me know. One article at a time is how you win. I’d love to hear how you are coming along on this.
C

Elizabeth writes:

Sure, we could exchange daily comments. Sometime tell me your ancestors and I’ll see about them, too. I need a daily boost. Thanks. E

Columbia writes:

Hi Elizabeth,

I’ll be glad to give daily support and it will help me too. Please contact me at: columbiajones@msn.com
I have been trying for several days to locate this post again and it would only display the first 38 or so posts so our exchange was unavailable. Please give me a direct email for you so we have a reliable connection. Daily followup is critical in a project such as this so I am glad to find a “study buddy” who is committed to daily action. Please get me a direct email to you as quickly as you can so we have that reliable connect. Thanks and look forward to speaking with you soon. Columbia

Columbia Jones writes:

Just got off a call with Jeff. He was so inspiring. I’m in! Best of luck to all with this worthy challenge.

Comment provided September 28, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Rubeina Sawdoo writes:

I failed to complete hahd 4, going to do my best for this one :) Started writing my first article today.

Comment provided September 29, 2010 at 7:49 AM

Owais Siddiqui writes:

completed and submitted my first 100 articles today

Comment provided September 29, 2010 at 12:13 PM

Congratulations, Owais! So far it’s just you and two others who have qualified thus far.

Owais Siddiqui writes:

Thanks Marc, Now I’m heading for the double challenge

Evelyn Guy writes:

I am in. Of course, I am starting 6 days late, but will catch up at the tune of at least 2 articles daily until I am on track. I am excited about this.

I really want to go for that membership. YAH!!

Comment provided September 29, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Rabison Shumba writes:

Few days gone by – I have done 26 already. It is humbling to know that others have crossed the 100 mark already. There I was thinking I was ahead of the pack. I wont grow weary in well doing. I recruited a few Zimbabweans. I was alone in the race the last time but the nation which is the last on the alphabet will be at the top soon. I will keep inspiring others to join in.

Let me get back to creating 2 articles for the day. That is my target 2 articles a day will keep ignorance away.

A toast to Zimbabwe – Come on guys, join in the marathon of marathons. The one run between the ears.

Comment provided September 29, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Owais Siddiqui writes:

Rabison your slogan is PERFECT! and good luck with the HAHD challenge

Alex Newell writes:

I’ve seen this roll by before and not joined in and who knows where the traffic numbers for my blogs would be if I had? So I’m in and I want it to be fun too and not a grind.

As for 200…I dunno!!

:-)

Alex

Comment provided October 5, 2010 at 6:12 AM

Rabison Shumba writes:

This is really exciting. I have a testimony that I will share someday when Ezine features me. In summary; this is one of the most amazing Article marketing sites I have ever come across. The marathons have pushed books out of me. I have sat there and generated what I would otherwise not have done without a push. I have generated 4 books in 6 months. Amazing. Traffic to my site is in tens of thousands now. Increases in hundreds daily. I have received communication from universities and other authors wanting to co-author books with me. All this in a few months. Journals request for my articles and so on.

I have recruited a few from my nation to join in the HAHD fun.

Ezine rocks. I recommend it anytime.

Rabison Shumba

Comment provided October 5, 2010 at 6:40 AM

Marc Gaensslen writes:

Well this time..I’ll make it! I was registered in the 3rd HAHD but couldn’t do it because I had no real goal…this one I’ll shhot the nuts and cross the 200 border :-)

Comment provided October 9, 2010 at 5:12 PM

faisal farrukh writes:

Hi,

I have done 58 so far. How is my speed? Any inspiration?

I will try to submit 300………..is that a realistic number? Any one experienced here? What is the highest number of submissions in HAHD?

Regards
Faisal

Comment provided October 23, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Faisal, 300 is feasible … depending on you!

Some people have soooo much going on that 100 is tough.

I am aiming for 200.
I will get it.

Good luck on your 3hundred.
BTW, I am sure several people will put in 300 to 500 … many people pay ghostwriters so it is easier to hit those big numbers.

Good luck.

faisal farrukh writes:

Thanks Elizabeth for your inspiration!
I think it is feasible. Every night before sleeping if we write 3 articles…!
Good luck you too.

Comment provided October 23, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Hi,

Care to tell what “EzineArticles Flash Drive ” is!

Thanks,
Avinash

Comment provided October 23, 2010 at 4:12 PM

The “EzineArticles Flash Drive” is a flash/thumb/jump drive containing a variety of fill-in-the-blank article templates.

I find it tough going last time. First 30 were easy, next 50 were so tough and then when I got closer to the finish line it became easier again. But the delight in receiving the prizes (and surprises) made it all worth it – not to mention the big spike in traffic and revenue. I’m definitely in!!

Comment provided October 24, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Elizabeth writes:

How does one get the flash drive? That sounds really helpful. Thanks.

Comment provided October 26, 2010 at 2:06 AM

In order to receive the flash drive, you need to qualify for the Double #HAHD Challenge – 200 articles in 100 days.

Elizabeth writes:

OW!. That might make for quantity over quality. I’ll try.

Columbia writes:

Hi Elizabeth,
I noticed your interest in the templates. At the top of this article in the right sidebar under “Categories” the first entry “Article Templates” has about 30 excellent templates there for us to use right now.

Elizabeth writes:

Thanks, Columbia. How are you doing? I have a lot of other things going on, but I hope we make it. E

Columbia writes:

Doing great thanks. Like you I have a lot going on and am planning to do heavy work on the articles in last half of Nov. and all of December. Hope I can catch up. Did you try the templates on this page? I have not tried them yet but I can tell they will be very useful. Let me know how they work for you. Best wishes in all your work. C

Allan writes:

Throw in an EzineArticles mug and I might be tempted:)

Comment provided October 26, 2010 at 4:44 AM

faisal farrukh writes:

Hi,

I just completed 100 articles submission. It shows 100% completed. Will i receive any email notification confirming the same? Or i need to publish more content.

Is there anyone to confirm me whether i have qualified for it. Please respond asap. Is it going the first one from Bangladesh, right?

Regards
Faisal

Comment provided October 27, 2010 at 3:59 AM

Way to Go Faisal! EXCELLENT – way ahead of schedule, you rock my friend, great work!

faisal farrukh writes:

Thanks Lance! I hope you are also doing great job! Good Luck!

Faisal,

You are indeed qualified – congratulations! There will be no email notification and you need not publish any additional articles. And it appears you are the first qualifier from Bangladesh.

faisal farrukh writes:

Thanks Marc for your confirmation. I am not sure what you mean by “you need not publish any additional articles.”……….am on a go…..i submitted 2 more articles and want to hit the 200 articles milestone soon. Please advice, is that okay?

Of course! By all means work for that 200 goal.

Allan writes:

Ok, even with no EzineArticles coffee mug I am going to see if
I can do it even if starting a bit late. Done 2 so far.

Comment provided October 27, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Mehmood Nayyer writes:

It is really going to be a fun and a big push to the article writers and i am sure it is going to push new writers too and will be a great chance for them to show up their qualities

Comment provided October 27, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Really Exciting. Great opportunity to proved your ability.

Comment provided October 30, 2010 at 8:21 AM

Pea Syne writes:

Y’all do a stirling job reading, editing and monitoring our articles – never mind asking for more! Don’t know how – are there bazillions of you behind the scenes???!!!

Comment provided November 3, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Surprisingly, there are under 100 of us here at the EzineArticles HQ. However, we’re adding more teammates all the time. :-)

Owais Siddiqui writes:

@Marc, I would love to be on tour team! I hope you guys take virtual workers on board. This will make your editing and article approval 24/7. Think about it.

Dustin Santos writes:

is there time to get started still?

Comment provided November 3, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Of course! You’ll just have to write and submit a little faster now. :-)

Cathy Chapman writes:

Dustin, Last challenge I had only written a few more than twenty or so due to other life events. There were only 10 days left and I said, even wrote on Facebook, sorry I couldn’t do it. I then thought, why not? I got them in and finished. I wrote 8 per day. You can do it!

Just set a schedule. Sit down and mindmap some titles with information you want to put in there. (If you don’t know about mindmapping, google it). Then start writing. You can do it easily.

You could even write your first articles on the challenges of succeeding in a challenge when you are starting late.

Good luck!

Owais Siddiqui writes:

Just submitted my 200th article :)

Comment provided November 4, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Cathy Chapman writes:

Way to go!

Owais Siddiqui writes:

Thanks @ Cathy :)

Jan Smith writes:

Congratulations Owais Siddiqui! Well done….wish I was as competent as you…I’m still trying but as my “X” used to say “I was very trying” :-)

Comment provided November 4, 2010 at 6:07 PM

Owais Siddiqui writes:

Thanks @Jan I hope you make it too :)

W R Mineo writes:

An admirable challenge – let’s roll!

Comment provided November 6, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Beth Bridges writes:

Any possibility of finding out what are the top 100 total numbers of articles published so far? So we’ve got something to aim for? =-)

Comment provided November 7, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Beth, this is a good question, I too wonder the answer, just posted article number 344 since the contest began. I’ve posted lots more but the system only registers those over 400-words, I have at least 50 which are within 50 words of that, not counted of course. How are you doing so far Beth? I find I am usually in the top 5-10 in quantity, so, my best guess would be that there are 5-10 who’ve posted more than 300 articles so far.

Lance and Beth,

It’s a little early for this number since we only have 52 qualified authors thus far. Things should start picking up speed shortly – I’ll keep you posted.

Owais Siddiqui writes:

@Marc,
How many over 200 so far?

Owais,

There are currently 17 enrolled authors who have submitted over 200 articles.

Beth Bridges writes:

Lance,
I’m still working on my first 100. It took a while to get going, but I find that the more I write, the easier they seem to come. So, like my running, I start out slow and pick up speed to the end :-)
Beth

Joel Broughton writes:

I just noticed this in the back office…looking forward to the challenge and going to try to push to 200…already almost half way to the 100. Good luck to everyone.

Comment provided November 8, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Ciro Gamino writes:

Chris, great job making this happen for all of us. This is a great opportunity to blaze the trail for others to follow. First glance I have 52 days to write 200 articles to hit my goal, lol, it only took me 2 years to get to 14, BUT…

“The Past Does Not Equal The Future”…

Time for Ciro to kick it in high gear and show peeps if a non-writer can do it, anyone can do it!

Best Wishes To All to Complete it! ~ Ciro Gamino

Comment provided November 9, 2010 at 8:56 PM

wow new prizes, nice to hear that.

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 12:21 PM

New to this challenge, but truly up for it! Great Idea Thanks!

Comment provided November 17, 2010 at 10:51 AM

Rabison Shumba writes:

Hey. All the way from Zimbabwe with love. I completed the race I think in about 53 days or so. I am not able to do 200 this time around. Projects and University studies. I am happy to have recruited one from Botswana, 2 from Zimbabwe and one Zimbabwean in the United Kingdom. Lets keep the fire burning. Guys I am in shock. My article views gone past 24,000 since May. Can you believe that? EzineArticles team, you rock. Zimbabwe loves you. Thank you for stretching us beyond our comfort zones. I have written 5 books in 7 months. It’s EzineArticles to blame for that. I never knew I could write 1000 words a day daily.

Comment provided November 17, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Cathy Chapman writes:

Thanks for the surprise gift to keep me encouraged!

Cathy

Comment provided November 19, 2010 at 9:58 AM

It’s always a pleasure to send gifts out to our top authors! Good luck with the rest of the challenge. :-)

Avinash Bikumalla writes:

@Cathy:

Can you please share what is the surprise gift?

Thanks,
Avinash

OK folks – I’m taking the plunge and diving in from the sidelines! Just need 3 articles a day to qualify…

Comment provided December 5, 2010 at 5:02 AM

Elizabeth writes:

Hi everyone. I just got rid of a virus or malware that downloaded 17000 emails one night. New email, which I better not put here. Good luck.

Comment provided December 5, 2010 at 9:02 PM

Rahul Gupta writes:

Sorry, I just came to know about this..Completing 95 more articles in next 15 days may not be feasible.

May be I’ll participate in next such competition..

Comment provided December 14, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Andy Immotna writes:

Hi from the Philippines!
Just starting to submit my finished articles.. ;)

@Marc, had anyone from the Philippines completed any HAHD challenges since its beginning?

and i read someone even submitted over 300 articles in this challenge. how many exceeded 400?

how i wish there’s a leaderboard to have somethng to aim for! ;)

Comment provided December 17, 2010 at 2:17 AM

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the challenge! You’ll be glad to know that you won’t be the first Member from the Philippines to complete the challenge – there have been a handful in the past. And believe it or not, there are several people who routinely exceed 400 articles in every #HAHD Challenge.

Andy Immotna writes:

Hi Marc,

That’s great to hear… and to join them!

How about this current challenge, is it possible to know how many articles did the current top submitter had submitted so far?

Trying to determine how far i am with my goal.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I won’t know the answer to that until the end of challenge.

Andy Immotna writes:

I mean are there people who went beyond 400 or 500 submissions as of today?

sorry i wasn’t clear.. ;)

I understood what you meant – sorry I wasn’t clear. Because of the databases involved we don’t have individually submitted article totals until the end of the challenge, so I currently have no data available to answer your question

Rizvana Abdul writes:

Just 15 more articles to complete my go into the Challenge…..& I hope Marc that there is still chances to be in the first 100!!!

Also this time I think the qualification is automatic…should we mail you about the completion? to the support team or as soon as we reach 100 we are into it?

Do let me know.
Thanks..had a great time writing!

Comment provided December 23, 2010 at 7:59 AM

Rizvana, you’re correct, qualification is automatic this time, so no need to send an email. However, feel free to continue post comments about your progress and accomplishments here on the Blog, on Twitter and on our Facebook Fan Page! :-)

Rizvana Abdul writes:

Just have 10 more to attain the line! Will have then in another 2-3 days time…

I hope i will still be qualified Marc….

Also this time is it all automateed and i hope we need not send mail to the ezine support confirming the submission! It gets automatically read when the 100 articles are submitted right?

Do let me know Marc!

Thanks
Riz

Comment provided December 23, 2010 at 9:11 AM

Allan Burns writes:

Only 66 more articles to go, how long do we have left:)

Comment provided December 24, 2010 at 3:51 AM

8-days left, my goal was 700, I am close, but not sure if I am going to make it. Hope to write a couple of articles on Christmas, and maybe, just maybe I might be able to complete my goal for 2010.

Allan Burns writes:

700! How many articles are you writing a day, it takes me at least a couple of hours to research and write an article.

Allan, 5-10, depends on the day and what I have to say. As far as research, well, I’ve been studying all my life, done a lot, observed even more. And I have a pretty cool research library that I’ve built up over many decades. Never stop learning! I’m just trying to get to 22,222 by the end of the year, and finish this 100 HAHD project at my 700 goal – almost there.

Eleutherios Strevinas writes:

Only 16 articles left.I am working very hard!!!

Comment provided December 29, 2010 at 8:21 AM

Cathy Chapman writes:

You can do it!

Cathy Chapman writes:

I just hit the submit button and fulfilled my goal of 201. I feel good.

My next goal is to get two if not three more websites up and then be ready to write articles for those for the next challenge!

Hold the course, everyone. Don’t give up!

Comment provided December 29, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Richard Allen writes:

Finished my 100th tonight with a day and a bit to go! As a result of this challenge I have actually picked up work as a result! happy New Year to one and all
Cheers
Dickie

Comment provided December 30, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Evelyn writes:

Okay, so far I have submitted ONE article. That is right, one, not one hundred. But, though far short of my goal, at least I did do one. It is my first ever for this site, so feel I have broken the ice.

Though I haven’t done what I set out to do, I look forward to the next challenge. I want to have my website(s) up and ready and get going from the beginning.

BTW, I wrote over a hundred articles, but not for myself. I am doing writing for pay and it takes a big chunk of my time.

Comment provided December 30, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Britt Malka writes:

I procrastinated a lot on the way – had plenty of time (whistle, whistle).

All of a sudden, I had to write 2 articles per day to finish. Then 3 … When I had less than a week back to write 50 articles, I began working. Then I got ill. Not much, but head ache one day (only one article written), migraine next day (0 articles written). Got up at 1PM the third day – last day of HAHD. I wrote and submitted 24 articles, and made it :D They are all approved, now.

Next time? Yes, I’ll be there, too, but I’ll write from the beginning ;-)

Comment provided January 6, 2011 at 5:06 AM

Great job, Britt! Way to tough it out!

Cathy Chapman writes:

Way to go, Britt!

I had something similar happen with HAHD 4. I ended up writing 8 articles a day at the end and completed just under the wire. This time I completed 201 easily.

I bet you do something similar. When you complete that many articles in such a short period of time it breaks something free and then 2 articles a day is child’s play.

Comment provided January 6, 2011 at 5:38 AM

Cathy Chapman writes:

Uhh, “2 articles a day are child’s play.”

Comment provided January 6, 2011 at 5:40 AM

Evelyn writes:

When does #6 start? I am ready to jump in again and make it this time.

Comment provided January 6, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Lisa writes:

#6 starts January 10th- See more here: http://blog.EzineArticles.com/2011/01/hahd-6-starts-january-10th.html

Alex Tubosa writes:

hi folks GOOD LUCK!!! and GOD BLESS

Comment provided February 5, 2011 at 6:26 PM

Ha Ha ha, What did I say, It was Green Bay all the way! I have finally broken through my 200 article barrier for this contest, now I am working towards 750. Wish me luck, it’s going to be a long way, but alas, I’ve been inspired by Green Bay!

Comment provided February 6, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Kumar Gandharva writes:

Wow.. Finally I am in.. Although it got late.. But till the race is on you are in the proposition of being a winner..

I have my calculations done.. its goes like this 57 days left..

57*3 will end up me at 171 and I have my 9 articles already submitted so, the 180 figure is what my stats speaks about..

But wowhoo what is their back of my Mind.. Let’s make it 200 to cherries a Marathon Double Bonanza..

BEST of LUCK TO ME & All out here.. Lets make it BIG