Every month @EzineArticles provides well over 100 useful tidbits of information, fun facts and training – We’ve gathered 30 of the best ones from August right here. Retweet any (or all!) of them to enhance your article writing and marketing efforts.
Just CLICK on to auto-populate your Twitter status field.
EzineArticles Tips and Training Snippets:
- Don’t cite yourself in your article. It’s promotional, confusing and referring to yourself in the 3rd person is just weird.
- Warning: CAPS. Use only as directed. Excessive use of CAPS can cause traffic constipation and reader termination.
- When writing articles, consistency is key. This applies to your spelling, word tense, as well as your content.
- Writing Tip: Use shorter vs. longer sentences. The content is easier to digest.
- Is your writing coming out like a wet blanket? Use a more positive tone and use ACTIVE vs. PASSIVE language.
- Tip: Write in your own voice. If you whip out a thesaurus for every other word, your readers will reject your competency.
- Derivative content makes for some really unhappy publishers AND readers. Be kind, DON’T REWIND .
- Commonly confused words: ‘Conceited’ and ‘Conceded’ – Do you have an inflated ego or are you true, just and proper?
EzineArticles Fun Facts:
- We’ve picked the funniest captions in our ‘Give this Cartoon a Caption’ contest. See the winners here: http://is.gd/eanqA
- 100 Most Often Misspelled Words In English: http://is.gd/eLUel – Suggest reviewing this in the coming weeks.
EzineArticles Inside Information:
- Great news! Our new article submission form is now live. Submit an article today and check out the cool new features!
- #HAHD 4 Final Stats: Of the 2,615 Expert Authors who enrolled, 261 successfully qualified with more than 100 articles.
- Premium members scheduled their articles for release during these 2 peak time periods: 10am and 3pm CST-USA time.
- Premium Article Scheduling Change: The scheduled date is now displayed for pending articles. Go check it out!
- Self-Improvement: Memory-Training has highest month-over-month email alert growth rate 4.6 percent – http://is.gd/edkCl
- Highest new article email alert niches by email memberships: Weight Loss, Sexuality, Dating, Positive Attitude and Careers.
- #HAHD 4 Final Stats: Total qualified with 500 articles = 10, with 1,000 articles = 2. Top qualifier = 1,056 articles.
- Fact: We tweet new article alerts for 33,051 members who have 21.4 million total followers (647 avg followers per member).
- 300 more articles were scheduled for future release by http://EzineArticles.com/premium/ members this month than last.
- Rec’d a nice letter from a new member who was happy to have her articles published. She’s 72 yrs young. Never too old! ^CK
- RT @cupidsangel10: @ChrisKnight I just received a surprise coffee mug in the mail from EzineArticles. You guys rock! :)^CK
- RT @Ed_Dale The Challenge 2010: Module 3/Day 2 – EzineArticles http://aweber.com/b/mjVy
- @RoyaleScuderi Thnx @EzineArticles for the nice gift they sent for moving up to Platinum Expert Author http://ow.ly/i/35GY
Misc. Words of Wisdom:
- I love the smell of fresh articles in the morning, it smells like Traffic! Monitor via Author Tools: My Article Reports.
- Thanks to @hermandrost for the in-depth blog post on how to integrate social media with EzineArticles – http://is.gd/eeOSk
- What’s your comfort zone? Identify your comfort zone when writing articles and try the opposite! You may glean new ideas!
- RT @MaritzaParra @ChrisKnight and @jeffherring on Integrating Social Media & Article Marketing — http://bit.ly/cs5VND
- Don’t bill your 1,000-word+ piece as a ‘little article’ or your 400-word morsel as ‘all inclusive.’ Deliver as promised.
- Before publication, a mistake is like a tiny tree hidden in a forest. Afterward, it shines like a beacon via @roseydow2
Have you got a Twitter question? Post it here to get some answers.