#HAHD 4 Wrap-Up

This post was updated on August 20, 2010 at 5:50PM

Congratulations to everyone who qualified for the most successful #HAHD Challenge ever!

The 4th 100 Articles in 100 Days Marathon Challenge (#HAHD) wrapped up this past weekend and the results are in:

Results:

• 2,615 Authors enrolled in the #HAHD Challenge
  • 220 Authors completed the #HAHD Challenge (Completion Rate of 8.4%)
  • Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more details as we finalize and verify the list of qualifiers for the Challenge and the Double #HAHD Challenge

Prize Status:

• Certificates of Completion – All #HAHD qualifiers should have already been notified of your successful completion of the challenge by the appearance of your printable “Certificate of Completion” on your Author’s Area home page. There is no need to send a prize request email.

• #HAHD Prize Packages – We will be mailing the prize packages (mug, tote bag, wall clock and mouse pad) in the coming weeks. Please allow additional mailing time for locations outside of the continental U.S.

• Top 100 Premium Drawing – The top 100 qualifiers by total number of submitted articles will be entered in a drawing to receive 1 of 10 free 1-year EzineArticles Premium Membership subscriptions valued at $697 each!

• Double #HAHD Challenge – Double #HAHD qualifiers will begin receiving their leather-bound journal packages in the coming weeks.

In the spirit of healthy competition, the 100 Miles in 100 Days Running Challenge (#HMHD) was launched alongside #HAHD 4. Congratulations to everyone who signed up for this NIKE+ Running Challenge and especially the 15 competitors who completed over 100 miles.

Again, congratulations to everyone who qualified for these challenges! Watch the Blog, Twitter and Facebook Fan Page for details on the 5th #HAHD Marathon Challenge scheduled to begin Thursday, September 23rd. In the meantime, remember to continue the positive (and profitable!) habit of submitting at least one article per day to really turbocharge your article marketing success!

#HAHD 4 Final Stats:

• Of the 2,615 Expert Authors who enrolled, 261 (10%) successfully qualified with 100+ articles.
  • Total Qualifiers = 261, Double Qualifiers = 68, Triple-Qualifiers = 22, Quadruple Qualifiers = 14
  • Total qualified with 500+ articles = 10, with 1,000+ articles = 2. Top qualifier = 1,056 articles
  • Top 100 qualifiers article count cutoff = 129 articles.

Blaine Moore writes:

Just took a look at my running stats, since I don’t use Nike+ I wasn’t eligible for the 100 miles in 100 days. I ran 143 times in the last 100 days for a total of 664.9 miles in 4 days 4 hours 3 minutes and 1 second. (Here’s my log: http://tinyurl.com/274783r )

I only wound up submitting 205 articles during #HAHD 4 – got busy in the last week and couldn’t keep going. What was the total for the top 100 people for the premium drawing? And how many double #HAHD qualifiers were there?

Comment provided August 9, 2010 at 12:23 PM

We’ll be announcing all of the remaining details later in the week. We need to allow time for the submitted articles to flow through the approval process.

Marc,
I never heard who got the premium memberships in the last #3HAHD competition!

For confidentiality reasons we don’t release the names of the winners.

Niki Duffy writes:

I was one of those who signed up for the #HAHD 4 challenge and fell by the wayside pretty early on.

But….inspired by this challenge, I took up my own related challenge of 100 Videos in 100 Days.

My challenge is to create 100 short videos usually between 1min to 3min and post them to facebook and my blog on a daily basis. Alongside the video, I create an accompanying write up – usually more of a blog post than an article…..but with the aim of beefing it up into an article ready for submitting here on EzineArticles.

Although I fell short of the #HAHD on this occasion, it’s still been a very useful exercise and has helped me create some very useful habits – including that of writing and submitting more articles.

Roll on the next #HAHD challenge!

Comment provided August 9, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Owais Siddiqui writes:

I made it twice on both authors on my ID … I achieved my 650 articles personal goal too :)

Comment provided August 9, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Wow, I surpassed my goal of 500, and I think neared 650 or right about there. But I am so impressed with your strong achievement here, and belief in yourself to get this done – Right On!

Raj writes:

Hi Owais & Lance,

Congrats to you both on this great achievement.

I also managed to surpass my targets for both my IDs.

With one ID, I exceeded 850 and with the other I exceeded 700.

So, it was a very fruitful 100 days.

Owais Siddiqui writes:

Thanks Raj your own achievements are superb

Owais Siddiqui writes:

Thanks Lance and congrats on your achievement.

It was a great pleasure to take part in the HAHD 4 Challenge, and I have no doubt I will be ready for the HAHD 5 Challenge when it is announced.

How about a THAY challenge also? Three Hundred Articles in A Year… ;-)

Comment provided August 9, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Marte writes:

Whew! I can’t believe I made it. I got busy writing for customers and got about 10 days behind early on. Catching up was a real stretch, because I’ve stayed busy the whole 100 days. (I’m sure not complaining about that!)

But… I submitted my 100th article with 21 hours to spare!

Last time I fell by the wayside, so this time I was determined to finish.

Hard to believe that someone submitted over 600 – he must have treated this like a full time job.

Anyway, thanks for the challenge!

Comment provided August 10, 2010 at 2:02 AM

Owais Siddiqui writes:

It comes easy when you believe in what you write.

Absolutely, great call on that comment Qwais! I totally agree.

Rob Britt writes:

I got out of the blocks fast, and exceeded my personal goal of 101 (by 2 articles, lol)
but very happy to have completed. This was in conjunction with a 30 day blog challenge, so the two really were complementary. Thanks EzineArticles for the incentive to write more.
I really like the ideas above on running and videos. This whole concept can be applied to a lot of different things. I’m thinking HKHH, (hundred kisses hundred hours) with my wife.) (exceeded that one, too)

Comment provided August 10, 2010 at 9:39 AM

MJ Schrader writes:

My grandmother had a stroke and then died in the middle of HAHD #4, which took quite a bit of time. But I still wrote 205 articles. I had intended to write quite a few more, and hope next time I will.
Thank you so much for another challenge and will be looking forward to the next one.

Comment provided August 10, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Owais Siddiqui writes:

Sorry to hear about your loss. may God rest her soul in peace and keep your spirits high

Yes, this is just terrible, my gosh I am so sorry to hear of your families loss. I wonder if you can help some one else through such a trying experience, by writing down your thoughts on this tragic loss;

MJ Schrader writes:

Lance and Owais, thank you. It was hard to get back into writing when life seemed upside down.
MJ

Owais Siddiqui writes:

MJ, Life as we see it is not very fair, especially when we loose a loved one. But this is what makes life life!

Tyler writes:

When is challenge 5… Eagerly waiting… Want to be the first to finish…

Comment provided August 11, 2010 at 12:23 PM

#HAHD 5 begins September 23rd.

Google Maps writes:

Incredible! I wish I had the creativity, determination and follow-through that these 220 writers have. What an accomplishment! I hope they receive a huge seo benefit from all that work… I am sure they will. EzineArticles is the undisputed heavy weight champion when it comes to article directories and Google loves them for good reason.

Comment provided August 11, 2010 at 6:05 PM

though i didn’t complete the challenge as my business trip, but i must congratulate for all the completed people, that is not easy. congratulations!

Comment provided August 12, 2010 at 1:32 AM

Robert Britt writes:

I am glad to have completed this challenge and I wish that when an article didn’t get approved there was some path to discuss the objection or reason. I’ve gotten a few things like “article seems to come to an abrupt ending” or other things which seem like opinions, not content, but there is no way to say anything. I usually just delete the article and use it elsewhere since I don’t like modifying what I consider to be a good article, and I can’t discuss it.

Comment provided August 13, 2010 at 10:49 PM

Robert,

Why do you feel you cannot discuss it? Every article, live or not approved, can be up for discussion.

Blaine Moore writes:

I’ve had quite a few articles that weren’t approved, I just message EzineArticles using the Contact button in the top right corner, reference the article ID number, and ask why it was rejected (since I rarely am given an actual reason and the one time I was it was accidentally rejected and shouldn’t have been.)

Usually it’s a small issue that you can fix pretty easily, just give them a day or two to get back to you.

Elisabeth Kuhn writes:

Congratulations to all who finished!

I fell by the wayside early on, and decided to skip the crazy finale this time…

I ended up writing everyone else’s articles and slacked off on my own. I need to learn how to schedule myself into my writing day more effectively.

I’m glad that the next one is already scheduled and will work on getting on a more regular schedule. Hopefully, the EzineArticles clock will still be among the premiums…

There are a ton of articles I want to write to promote a slew of new sites I have, so at least I won’t be lacking for material — it’s just a matter of typing them up and submitting them.

Elisabeth

Comment provided August 16, 2010 at 3:19 AM

Congrats to all who finished and a special shout out to Lance, Owais and MJ. For Lance, maybe when I retire I can match your accomplishment?

Again what is interesting is to note the stats. Under a 10% completion rate. This seems to continue to reinforce the sales stats that 10% of those in sales account for 90% of the sales.

Thanks for the heads up for the 5th challenge.

Question for Ezine folks – How many people have completed all 4 challenges?

Comment provided August 16, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Owais Siddiqui writes:

Thanks Leeanne,Your encouragement drives me to improve my score in the next HAHD

My pleasure. Possibly if I was not writing one posting a day on my blog not to mention I could double my writing efforts. I know you will do awesome with the next challenge.

Comment provided August 16, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Owais Siddiqui writes:

Leanne I find your blog very impressive. You could have posted some of those articles here as well. I am sure ezine would have welcomed them as a great resource.

Actually some are and thanks for the compliment. I am in the process of establishing a process to help me in take more consistent actions respective to submitting the postings from my blog. Thank again for stopping by the blog. Please feel free to leave your comments.

Owais Siddiqui writes:

If you need any assistance I am available to help

Marte writes:

I’ve completed 3 of the 4 – Last time I just got so far behind with writing for clients instead that I gave up… BUT managed to complete that cool 30-day challenge at the end.

I was watching for that to happen this time… Since I had to get caught up at the end it would have been added incentive.

Greedy, huh?

I’m glad there’s a little break in between challenges… time to catch up with some other work.

Comment provided August 16, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Hosea writes:

when is the next HAHD Challenge? May be I can plan my time and prepare for the next Challenge.

Feel bad for not making it through for this Challenge.

Comment provided August 18, 2010 at 3:32 AM

#HAHD 5 begins September 23rd and ends on December 31st.

Absolutely amazing. The authors who can be so prolific with their articles encourage me to get back to writing.

Comment provided August 20, 2010 at 2:03 PM

#HAHD 4 Final Stats:

• Top 100 qualifiers article count cutoff = 129 articles.

Premium Subscription Winners:
Blake
Lynn
Tina
Mark
Leslie
MJ
Mary
David
Wade
Mike

Comment provided August 20, 2010 at 5:45 PM

WOW!

Owais Siddiqui writes:

Congrats to all the winners :)

Marte writes:

Thanks for providing the final stats – Interesting – and since the cutoff for the top 100 is fairly low, it’s a good incentive to try to do just a little bit more, even if you can’t get to double.

Comment provided August 20, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Blaine Moore writes:

I was actually thinking it was about the time that these numbers should get announced, heheh!

If I recall correctly, the top 100 qualifiers cut-off was right around the same number for #HAHD 3 despite there not being the double qualifier bonus.

Definitely seems to be a good incentive number to reach for.

Rabison Shumba writes:

I am very excited to have completed the 4th HAHD Challenge with 201 articles. I nearly gave up on the Double honours but hey I pushed through in some cases having to write 5 articles a day. I am excited that nearly all my articles were accepted on submission. I have received my box with all the goodies including the leather bound journal. I am definitely part of the 5th Challenge. Not sure if I will do double challenge owing to commitments.

This is exciting. All the way from Zimbabwe with love.

Comment provided September 18, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Thanks for the goodies (and the surprise little extras). I use my mug and mousepad with pride…it’s amazing what a sense of accomplishment I felt. definitely signing up for the next one!

Comment provided September 19, 2010 at 9:06 AM