Today’s Expert Author Case Study introduces us to Expert Author Paul Vann, a professional speaker and author of the book, Living on Higher Ground, who uses his public speaking experiences as a way to generate new article ideas.
Paul, a leadership strategist who helps organizations find their competitive advantage, writes articles for EzineArticles to share his expertise and passion for leadership. He also writes because article writing and marketing boosts his website traffic. To maximize the visibility of each article, he first uses EzineArticles as the primary mode of publishing and then distributes it through social networking sites and other channels.
As host of The Wealthy Speaker Talk Radio Show, Paul interviews entrepreneurs, business experts and celebrities about the concept of empowerment. He uses experiences from his public speaking appearances and on-air interviews to generate content for articles. As part of our ongoing Expert Author Case Study project, we asked Paul to share his thoughts on article writing and marketing.
- What sets you apart from other Expert Authors?
My passion for writing sets me apart from other Expert Authors. I know my readership gains content-rich and value-added benefits from reading each article I write on EzineArticles, it’s truly a win-win for all involved.
- What’s your secret to article writing and marketing success?
My secret to article writing and marketing success is EzineArticles because I write articles that make a difference in the lives of readers, then I disseminate my articles via social networking sites, my ezine and joint venture partners to gain maximum visibility. Another secret is to write during the early morning when ideas are fresh.
- How do you stay motivated to write articles?
I stay motivated to write articles because I know they will make a difference to my readership and followers. I know EzineArticles drives major traffic to my websites. The byline is a traffic generating multiplier for my business.
- How do you decide what to write about?
Having been an entrepreneur for several years, I have a good feel for the topic of my articles. For example, when the economy took a downturn for the worst, I was delivering speeches to associations. My interaction with audience members stimulates ideas for stories that resonate with my readership.
- How do you balance writing for quality and quantity?
I balance writing for quality and quantity on the benefits my article will deliver to my readership. I ensure the quality of my articles is good because I conduct in-depth research. Quantity is predicated on my readership receiving what they need to make informed decisions based upon my content.
- How has using EzineArticles affected your traffic?
EzineArticles is a game changer for my business because it’s priceless. In other words, even though I haven’t written a lot of articles, the traffic to my websites has exponentially increased because of the user-friendly nature of EzineArticles and the free flow of content on this platform.
- How does article marketing fit into your overall marketing plan?
Article marketing fits into my overall marketing plan perfectly because this platform builds upon itself. I know people are reading my articles and viewing my website because my database subscriber list has consistent growth.
- What EzineArticles tools do you find the most beneficial?
The EzineArticles tool I find the most beneficial is the Author Rankings Tool because it provides real time analysis of articles in comparison to other authors in the same category. The Author Sign-Up Box is the primary tool that drives traffic to my website, thus it’s a powerful tool.
- If you had to start over again, what would you change?
If I had to start over again, I would write more articles on a more consistent basis. This truly falls in the balance category for me because I’m on the road speaking, conducting book signings and coaching, thus extra free time for writing articles is at a premium.
- What advice would you give newbie article marketers?
The advice I give to newbies is to formulate a plan to write articles on a daily basis. The return on investment is amazing.
- Anything else you’d like to share?
Inspire people to write about their journey, by far this is one of the best things to share with readers. People identify with life challenges and readers will return to learn more as time goes by.
A summary of Paul’s insights:
- Inject articles with your personal experiences and the insights that rise from those experiences.
- Monitor Article View Data and your own website’s traffic to evaluate how your articles are received.
- Compare yourself with other authors using the Author Rankings Tool in your account. This can be accessed through the Author Tools drop-down menu under View My Author Rankings.
- Free time comes at a premium for most of us. Use extra free time to write articles.
- Plan to write on a daily basis.
- Use multiple channels to announce when you have published a new article. When more people see your article, it is more likely to achieve massive article distribution.
Try to use just one of these insights in your article writing and marketing today. Leave a comment for Paul about any of the insights. He’d love to hear from you!