Expert Author Case Study: Paul Vann

Today’s Expert Author Case Study introduces us to Expert Author Paul Vann, a professional speaker and author of the book, Living on Higher Ground, who uses his public speaking experiences as a way to generate new article ideas.

Paul, a leadership strategist who helps organizations find their competitive advantage, writes articles for EzineArticles to share his expertise and passion for leadership. He also writes because article writing and marketing boosts his website traffic. To maximize the visibility of each article, he first uses EzineArticles as the primary mode of publishing and then distributes it through social networking sites and other channels.

As host of The Wealthy Speaker Talk Radio Show, Paul interviews entrepreneurs, business experts and celebrities about the concept of empowerment. He uses experiences from his public speaking appearances and on-air interviews to generate content for articles. As part of our ongoing Expert Author Case Study project, we asked Paul to share his thoughts on article writing and marketing.

1. What sets you apart from other Expert Authors?

My passion for writing sets me apart from other Expert Authors. I know my readership gains content-rich and value-added benefits from reading each article I write on EzineArticles, it’s truly a win-win for all involved.

2. What’s your secret to article writing and marketing success?

My secret to article writing and marketing success is EzineArticles because I write articles that make a difference in the lives of readers, then I disseminate my articles via social networking sites, my ezine and joint venture partners to gain maximum visibility. Another secret is to write during the early morning when ideas are fresh.

3. How do you stay motivated to write articles?

I stay motivated to write articles because I know they will make a difference to my readership and followers. I know EzineArticles drives major traffic to my websites. The byline is a traffic generating multiplier for my business.

4. How do you decide what to write about?

Having been an entrepreneur for several years, I have a good feel for the topic of my articles. For example, when the economy took a downturn for the worst, I was delivering speeches to associations. My interaction with audience members stimulates ideas for stories that resonate with my readership.

5. How do you balance writing for quality and quantity?

I balance writing for quality and quantity on the benefits my article will deliver to my readership. I ensure the quality of my articles is good because I conduct in-depth research. Quantity is predicated on my readership receiving what they need to make informed decisions based upon my content.

6. How has using EzineArticles affected your traffic?

EzineArticles is a game changer for my business because it’s priceless. In other words, even though I haven’t written a lot of articles, the traffic to my websites has exponentially increased because of the user-friendly nature of EzineArticles and the free flow of content on this platform.

7. How does article marketing fit into your overall marketing plan?

Article marketing fits into my overall marketing plan perfectly because this platform builds upon itself. I know people are reading my articles and viewing my website because my database subscriber list has consistent growth.

8. What EzineArticles tools do you find the most beneficial?

The EzineArticles tool I find the most beneficial is the Author Rankings Tool because it provides real time analysis of articles in comparison to other authors in the same category. The Author Sign-Up Box is the primary tool that drives traffic to my website, thus it’s a powerful tool.

9. If you had to start over again, what would you change?

If I had to start over again, I would write more articles on a more consistent basis. This truly falls in the balance category for me because I’m on the road speaking, conducting book signings and coaching, thus extra free time for writing articles is at a premium.

10. What advice would you give newbie article marketers?

The advice I give to newbies is to formulate a plan to write articles on a daily basis. The return on investment is amazing.

11. Anything else you’d like to share?

Inspire people to write about their journey, by far this is one of the best things to share with readers. People identify with life challenges and readers will return to learn more as time goes by.

A summary of Paul’s insights:

• Inject articles with your personal experiences and the insights that rise from those experiences.
  • Monitor Article View Data and your own website’s traffic to evaluate how your articles are received.
  • Compare yourself with other authors using the Author Rankings Tool in your account. This can be accessed through the Author Tools drop-down menu under View My Author Rankings.
  • Free time comes at a premium for most of us. Use extra free time to write articles.
  • Plan to write on a daily basis.
  • Use multiple channels to announce when you have published a new article. When more people see your article, it is more likely to achieve massive article distribution.

Try to use just one of these insights in your article writing and marketing today. Leave a comment for Paul about any of the insights. He’d love to hear from you!

Susan Greene writes:

Hi Paul,

You’re a great success story. I like how you optimize visibility by disseminating your articles through social networks, your ezine and joint venture partners.

Do you publish the same exact article in those locations as you do on EzineArticles? Or do you repurpose them so they’re unique? Do you ever run into problems with Google because of duplicate content?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Best wishes for your continued success.

Comment provided August 4, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Paul writes:

Hi Susan and thank you for your comment and question. Great questions, I will explain. When I write an article on EzineArticles, I have it programmed so it is distributed directly to FaceBook, Twitter, Linked In and other socia networking sites. I repurpose some of my articles but most of the time I write new articles. I read a lot and it stimulates a lot of ideas. I have never run into problems with Google thus far. Continued excellence, I look forward to reading your articles.

William writes:

Good stuff…thanks for sharing!

Comment provided August 4, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Paul writes:

William you’re very welcome and thank you for taking time to review my profile. Take care for now.

Dwayne Morrison writes:

This is a very inspiring study! As a young college student and blogger, I can honestly say that Paul is an example of a person I’d look up to.

Not only is he successful but he strives to provide quality for those that read his content. Simply, amazing.

Comment provided August 4, 2010 at 8:00 PM

Paul writes:

Dwayne I’m very appreciative of your amazing comments. Thank you for your support and I look up to you as well mt friend, I look forward to reading some of your articles as well.

Dwayne Morrison writes:

I really appreciate it Paul! Thanks!

Willie writes:

Your comment “I ensure the quality of my articles is good because I conduct in-depth research” is really insightful. This goes to show that without in-depth research, we will just be looking for words or sentences to complete the minimum amount of words required. You have made very useful comments that can be adopted by authors. Thank you.

Comment provided August 5, 2010 at 7:22 AM

Paul writes:

Willie thanks a million for your wonderful comments. Some articles require more research than others and its important to go the extra two miles to ensure the content is going to help readers. I look forward to reading some of your articles as well.

Happiness writes:

I must confess that Paul has made my day.
This is very insightful. Thank you.

Comment provided August 5, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Paul writes:

Happiness you made my day, thank you for your support and I look forward to reading some of your articles.

John writes:

Paul thanks for sharing your tips to writing articles. It helps to keep us motivated.

Comment provided August 5, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Paul writes:

We are in the word to inspire one another, glad to be part of your world. Continued excellence in your writing and much success.

Paul writes:

John you are very welcome and we are one when it comes to sharing content and making a difference. Take care for now.

charlottelacar writes:

thanks Paul for such an inspiring’re deliberately amazing…as a beginner, your words made me aim higher..continue on change the life of your readers..

Comment provided August 5, 2010 at 11:32 PM

Paul writes:

Thank you for your comments and I look frward to reading some of your articles in the near future.

real inspiring Paul -Great stuff. When you say “then I disseminate my articles via social networking sites”, are yiou using the same exact articles or tweaking them in any way? I am still not clear aboiut the whole unique content thing if it appears elsewhee but is still your very own. any clarification here would be great.

Comment provided August 9, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Jasjot writes:

Hey Paul i am writing 1 article on a daily basis but haven’t seen any traffic to my website yet .My articles are getting very less views but i think i have done good job.Any suggestions please.

Comment provided August 10, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Paul writes:

Jasjot great comments and question. I’m considered a promoter of sorts, in that I use every tool at my disposal. In other words, I not only write my articles, ut on occassion I will write a press release about them to drive traffic to my website and or to EzineArticles that list my profile. I also connect my articles to all of the social networking sites: FB, Twitter, Linkedin, Myspace and each time I write an article they are distributed to all of the people that follow me. I also write a bi-momthly newsleeter and host a live talk radio show and this affords me additional leverage as well. At times, it times time for people to start taking notice, ensure you know who you want to read your articles, this makes a difference as well.

Aine Ireland writes:

Hello Paul,
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I am so impressed with your ambition and motivation. Very inspiring, I have started taking your advice and am seeing the benefits come through. There is no easy substitute for hard work which can be made easier if you love what you do. Thanks again for sharing.

Comment provided August 11, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Paul writes:

Aine I’ve had a few close calls with losing my life through no fault of my own. I’ve learned to be thankful for all of my life experiences and is grateful to be alive. Writing is such a therapeutic process that compared to some of life challenges, its a piece of cake. Inspiration comes for motivation thus we only need to look forward to achieve that which is for us, success.

garret writes:

thanks for that, it’s been a very good read. lots of good pointers, and an ideal role model for someone starting out!

Comment provided June 3, 2011 at 6:42 AM