Article Ideas Are Everywhere: Pass it On!

Writing original content is a whole lot easier when you use the environment to inspire new ideas.

The best way to become a true expert in any field is to experience the activity first-hand and embrace its natural environment. This concept applies to article writing and marketing just as much as it does to any other activity.

Take advantage of those moments you spend experiencing your niche. In those moments, be inquisitive and ask questions. Bring a childlike curiosity and enthusiasm for discovery into these experiences and write down any questions you have. Each question you ask can be answered by one or more new article titles. Once you come up with the new titles, you’ll have concepts for your next set of original articles.

In this video, discover the power of surrounding yourself with your niche for inspiration. Each Expert Author in the video spends time in their niche environment and asks questions about the details they observe. They are solidifying their expertise in their niche and getting new article ideas!

Downloadable Versions:
WMV Format     MOV Format     MV4 Format     MP3 Format

Here’s a recap of the suggestions from the video:

• Surround yourself with your niche environment.
  • Allow yourself to quietly observe the details.
  • Think like your perfect client and turn those questions into article titles.
  • Research and discover the answers for yourself.
  • Turn those answers into great new articles!

Give this method a try and then leave a comment to let us know how it worked for you.

YES! This is exactly what I do, it is a great way to generate ideas for articles.

By the way, first class video, are you sure you guys aren’t getting into the Hollywood Movie business too?

Comment provided August 20, 2010 at 5:01 PM

lily_cocoa writes:

I agree with you,it’s great and useful.

Plus,I think the guys get into the hollywood movie business.

lily_cocoa writes:

That is what I am doing now.and I like it.

Miles R. Hoffman writes:

When do new ideas come to me. That is what I am working on at this present moment. I do other things beside writing like taking surveys and such. I keep up with all the daily items that I can. This, many times invokes an instant urge to reply in writing. Keeping up with the field is a good thing also. I know this from my technical background. Well, thanks for listening.
MRH

Comment provided August 20, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Jay Short writes:

Great.
New to article writing and this has pushed my mind deeper.
thanks.

Comment provided August 20, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Roxie Boyd writes:

Nice little video, by the way, the mp3 didn’t work for me. I especially liked the guy in the bathtub wondering what he could do to improve his bathroom.

Comment provided August 20, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Thank you, Marc, this is an “open up your mind and all is grist for the mill” video http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grist .

All too often I think we confine our writing to market ourselves and it becomes dry for us and I think others, too.

If we are writers, and we are if we are here, then we need to feed our own spirits and go with what inspires us at least from time-to-time, don’t you think?

For instance, I wrote this post on one of my websites to make me happy. I hope it makes you smile along with me. http://www.mjhb.net/?p=79

Comment provided August 20, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Jain Brand writes:

What a simple but excellent idea for discovering new things to write about!

Comment provided August 20, 2010 at 7:26 PM

On those days when I feel like I am experiencing the worst writers block ever, this strategy works VERY well for me. I soak up my surroundings and ask myself, “How can I help someone else with what I can share today?”

You will be very surprised how well this works and can get your creativity rolling. I recommend anyone to try this. Great topic on this post. Simple, yet effective. Try it!

Comment provided August 20, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Taty writes:

It’s a good advice, I’ll start to more focus on my market niche before to write my articles. Thanks

Comment provided August 20, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Great concept. Sometimes we become so complacent and familiar with our environment that we do not think how interesting it would be to others. I live in Cape Town, one of the worlds most beautiful cities and it is full of wonderful attractions and history. I will look at everything in a new light and find interesting ways to share it in articles.

Comment provided August 20, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Eamon Greville writes:

Great idea – articles that are fresh and original stand out from the crowd. Using such ideas for inspiration helps to make that difference.

Comment provided August 21, 2010 at 2:00 AM

PCBA Assembly writes:

Great and useful recaps,i am a sales for PCBA Assembly manufacturer,when I face clients,many ideas,how to say,how to talk into the clients,I like to wirte down.

I am different from now on.

Comment provided August 21, 2010 at 2:10 AM

lily_cocoa writes:

Yes,very great ideas.They are make me different.I like to wirte down everywhere.

Comment provided August 21, 2010 at 2:14 AM

Eymard writes:

Wow, thanks for the tip. This method will surely help me a lot. The number one rule is… Bring your notebook everywhere. =)

Comment provided August 21, 2010 at 2:34 AM

Creative juices want to flow somewhere. I have discovered that while I have a niche and an expertise (grief) my personality needs balance. What does that mean? It means I will off and on write a little out of my niche to stay fresh and interested in the writing process altogether.

As a therapist, there are many ways to spin introspection so when a story comes upon me spontaneously that relates to human nature I go for it.

This recent post from one of my websites gave me a smile writing it and I hope it gives everyone here one, too. http://www.mjhb.net/?p=79

Comment provided August 21, 2010 at 7:13 AM

Alan Whitehead writes:

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions.

Correct: Live in your niche idea and then writing about it will come naturally.

Alan

Comment provided August 21, 2010 at 9:38 AM

JOHN WRIGHT writes:

This is a great site, thanks for turning me on to it. I love
the other EzineArticles site, but this is a great addition.
It is nice to learn new things everyday and this is a good
place to start.
I know I have spent hours and hours reading articles. It
is so easy to get lost in them. Some day I hope to be a
good writer.

Comment provided August 21, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Christa writes:

I find all the EzineArticles’ posts and videos very helpful and they are done very charmingly.
You can’t learn creativity, but you can nuture it, which this video has done. When I watch videos, I suddenly get ideas and often they have nothing to do with the content of the video. The reason for this, I think, is, that I watch the video consciously and the ideas come from the suboncsioud mind.

Comment provided August 22, 2010 at 2:38 PM

lily_cocoa writes:

Great article and tips.I like it.That is what I like and what I try to do always.Hopw I can going on.

Thanks for Marc.

Comment provided August 22, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Rocky Torres writes:

I have a tip on my author’s area about article titles!

Comment provided August 23, 2010 at 1:51 AM

Arnold writes:

You did it again; thank you for this little, but mind opening video. I am learning to brainstorm again.
Have a great day EzineArticles friends.

Comment provided November 10, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Nick Simpson writes:

I know that many people, myself included get stuck working with the same thought, concept or idea so long that it is hard for us to break out of our own mindset. This can be a very bad place to bet stuck, but it happens. Seeing something like this, that evokes new thought is always a welcomed and much needed breath of fresh air, thanks!

Comment provided November 12, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Gerard writes:

Thank you for the wonderful insights and new article writing ideas.

Comment provided November 13, 2010 at 4:35 AM

Arnold writes:

Hey Marc thank you for the article; last week while at a dentist waiting room I decided to try your theory. There were several magazines in a table near by. I began reading the American Airline Magazine, but now not just to pass time, but to look for Ideas. In every page I found them in the articles and pictures about vacation, travel, Exotic Islands etc. Ideas came to me to write articles on different aspects of a successful life. And later as the dentist as I drove home I shared with my wife about this ideas and we took notes. Now I am finding them every where. Thank you for suggesting that articles ideas are everywhere because INDEED they are.

Comment provided November 14, 2010 at 3:41 AM