Motivational Triggers Article Template

Try this article template when you discover an activity or technique that sparks motivation in you!

Even the best performers fall into slumps. When an activity slips down the priority list, it might feel like there’s nowhere to turn for help. That’s where motivational triggers come in handy. Motivational triggers inspire a mentality of pushing past the slump and succeeding. There are many motivational triggers that you use every day and might not even think about. For example:

• Listening to a particular song or genre of music

• Looking at a picture that inspires you

• Going to a specific room in your house to think

• Finding a scenic area in your town or city to get away from man-made distractions

• Going for a walk outside

• Any other activity that helps you clear your head of negative energy and remain motivated

If you use these triggers to stay motivated, the readers in your niche are going to want to hear your secrets to staying motivated. Here is an article template that will help you share your own techniques for succeeding when you need motivation in everyday life.

How to Structure Your Motivational Triggers Article:

• Title: Announce the motivational technique – Introduce the motivational technique that can be used to overcome a common obstacle or problem. The problem could be something people face every day. Titles like: “Motivational Running Songs – How to Choose Upbeat Songs When You Can’t Find a Pace” or “Keeping a Daily Planner – 5 Reasons Why it Will Help You Get Things Done” will draw the reader in because of the commonality of the problems.

• Introduction: Explain the Obstacle that Requires Motivation – Lay out a story explaining the obstacle. Connect to the reader by painting a clear picture of the problem. The point of this section is to get your reader interested in what type of motivational trigger solves the problem.

• Body: Explain How to Stay Motivated – This is where you share your piece of wisdom. It might be a song, a place, a frame of mind or any number of other things. The key is that it helps you stay motivated. It might be a step-by-step process or a set of different triggers.

• Conclusion: Return to the Obstacle – Set the worries of the reader to rest by explaining why the motivational trigger helps and how to ensure it provides the needed boost every time the problem arises.

Whenever you’re stuck in a rut and find yourself using a personal motivational trigger to flip the “action switch” in your brain, make a note of it. Then, as soon as possible, sit down and write an article describing the motivational trigger. With this strategy, you can help others by sharing what works for you.

Leave a comment below and share your favorite motivational trigger for any activity.

Tammy Redmon writes:

What a fantastic reminder and nudge for us all. Not just for article writing either. This can be used in our conversations and networking with others. People are hungry for authentic ‘what works’ tips and strategies. Especially those that are short and to the point.

I am using this formula today as it is an office day for writing!

Comment provided July 23, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Terry Weber writes:

1. Problem
2. Solution
3. Call to action

Comment provided July 23, 2010 at 10:18 AM

Carla Gardiner writes:

You are so right. The best articles I’ve written are when I have been jolted back to a situation in my life that taught me a HUGE lesson.

It was very emotional and I was able to transcribe that onto paper and it really showed the difference when I re-read it…the emotion came through again!

Thanks for this info, great stuff!

Carla

Comment provided July 23, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Eamon Greville writes:

Thanks – keeping going is often tough and its useful to have practical tools to help us along the way.

Success is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration I often remind myself!

Comment provided July 23, 2010 at 11:46 AM

Mohsin Rasool writes:

Thanks Eamon!
AWESOME quote. It has great message to keep it going no matter how hard time may seem…!

DeeDee writes:

Love this! And I know I have heard it all some where before, but today, it struck a true cord with me.
Thank you. I will put this one into use right now.

Comment provided July 23, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Dotti Berry writes:

This is a great way to create writing motivation, period! thanks for sharing! I am going to put it into action today!

Comment provided July 23, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Jon Bone writes:

Yes sure, a great way to get motivated, sometimes it’s hard to get off the spot, having trouble writing articles for my friend property going to have a go. Thanks.

Jon Bone

bongoandbing writes:

That’s brill info:
I also read about what I’m going to write about and look at new ways at getting the message across by using key word search . and scribble down line of thoughts in bubble
wheels
And dictaphone then talk the articlel in the same words a few times after with people I know see how it sounds
and brainstorm othere lead and link for other articel or the same later to and.
bongoandbing
buzzinabout.com

Comment provided July 23, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Troyann writes:

Hi Christopher,
Thanks so much for sharing such a wonderfully helpful tool. I love the simple outline that surely will keep the writer on task and help the reader get what they need in a quick, clear and concise layout! Excellent! Thanks again for sharing!
Troyann

Comment provided July 23, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Elyse Jacobs writes:

Great template! Thank you. I was sure you’d read my mind because just before I opened your email I was thinking about my own motivational triggers and had stopped on a hill in SF to write down one I had just made up. I planned to come home and write an article. And here was your template. Thanks for making my task even easier.
Love that synchronicity, /\
Elyse

Comment provided July 23, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Crochetlover writes:

When I want to motivate myself to work on my website, I read the success stories others have written, who have been at it longer than me.

That always inspires me.

Michelle

Comment provided July 23, 2010 at 10:48 PM

Mohsin Rasool writes:

Wow, thanks for sharing.
I love templates.. Templates help me get started…
Templates help me get out of the procrastination.

Templates get me started when I am feeling lazy or tired.

So yes even templates are one of my motivational trigger I am going to write article about templates :)

Regards,
Mohsin

Comment provided July 24, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Trevor Twine MA writes:

I would place a pile of $Dollar notes on the table to gamble the author went to a meeting-seminare or meeting on Neurolinguistic Programming NLP
The psychology discipline that is gathering such a following strength in Health-Sport-Education and communication teaching and study.
If so such a shame no credit was given.

Comment provided July 24, 2010 at 8:48 AM

Jose Lasa writes:

Perfect comment Christopher

Thanks for sharing this great tool to keep us writing articles. We as writers need all kind of tips to continue producing good articles.

As always, God Bless you and all those hard working ezine members.

Jose Joe Lasa

Comment provided July 24, 2010 at 2:19 PM

susam writes:

Wow, thanks for sharing.
I love templates.. Templates help me get started…
Templates help me get out of the procrastination.

Templates get me started when I am feeling lazy or tired.

I agree with you!

Comment provided July 25, 2010 at 7:17 AM

1. Eye catching title = “hook”
2. sub title – get them to read more
3. benefits
4. features
5. call for action

Comment provided July 25, 2010 at 11:07 AM

lol

Comment provided July 25, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Susan writes:

This will give me much help when i write article in future, many thanks.

Comment provided July 26, 2010 at 5:12 AM

iphone deals writes:

Wow, thanks for sharing.
I love templates.. Templates help me get started…
Templates help me get out of the procrastination.

Templates get me started when I am feeling lazy or tired.

I agree with you!

Comment provided July 26, 2010 at 5:34 AM

Janet Vasil writes:

People often struggle with content creation. This gives them a jumpstart for structuring their ideas in a persuasive way. I’m including a link on my media blog, because it can also help people put together their thoughts for on-air interviews and help them create their own short online videos.
Thanks for sharing and keep the templates coming!

Comment provided July 26, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Bill Moore writes:

I still prefer:

– random gunfire

– sirens

– TV news crews.

Always makes me feel creative…

Comment provided July 31, 2010 at 11:07 PM

jon bone writes:

It has helped me get around blocks. Definately more motivated. Thanks

Comment provided October 20, 2010 at 5:11 AM

Wendy Eth writes:

These templates are so useful, I’m so pleased I heard about them from Mark on the EzineArticles videos on Youtube.

Thanks so much