Integrating Social Networking into Article Marketing

Now’s the time to start using social networking to amplify your article writing and marketing efforts.

The original social networks were built at coffee shops, dinner parties and anywhere else people gathered to chat. While that type of networking has certainly not gone away, online social networking, like Facebook and Twitter, has forever changed the way people communicate with their colleagues, peers, friends and family. As social networking has grown in popularity, both individuals and businesses have found ever-increasing value in expanding their networks online.

Communicate With a Purpose

Social networking, when combined with article marketing and other promotional techniques, can turbo-charge the effectiveness of your entire promotional program. However, just like with article marketing, social networking requires a well thought-out plan and an effective routine for execution. That plan should have 3 primary objectives:

1. Listen
    • Listen for ideas for your next article set.
    • Listen to others to learn how they use the platform to communicate (Check out this previous blog post on avoiding common social networking mistakes).
    • Listen to develop your own voice and personality for communication.
    • Listen to the competition and discover what they’re doing.
  2. Connect
    • Add your social networking accounts to your EzineArticles Expert Bio (click on the “Social Media” drop-down menu and select the networking site(s) you are using).
  3. Speak

Keep in mind that this is a cyclical process that can be repeated for various social media sites and article niches. Also, EzineArticles has made the whole process easier by including the “Share This Article” Box at the bottom of every article. This box is the fastest and easiest way to share an article you find.

Now is the perfect time to incorporate a social networking plan into your article marketing program. Give it a try and leave us a comment about your social networking efforts.

Alan Sahu writes:

Great ideas, I didn’t connect my social networking accounts to my EzineArticles Expert Bio. But now I am going to do it.

Comment provided July 20, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Rach72 writes:

I just love it when technology, business and good ol’ fashioned writing come together!
Article marketers are in a really exciting place at the moment thanks to the integration of these social networks and sites like EzineArticles. Thank you

Comment provided July 20, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Pheori Wiley writes:

I find it intriguiing that a few of my colleagues have started talking about their “offline social networks.” It is quite a sign of the times that the online social network has become the norm and the networks people build and maintain away from the internet should need an additional word for clarification. It speaks volumes of the power of social networking.

Aside from a few tweets here and there to my total of 6 followers, I have not yet begun to use this avenue for promoting my writing and my business, but after reading this blog post I will definitely start. Thank you for the great info!

Comment provided July 20, 2010 at 10:49 PM

DeAnna Troupe writes:

Am I allowed to link to my facebook fan page in my article resource box?

Comment provided July 21, 2010 at 1:18 AM

Yes, you can link to your Facebook fan page. Just keep in mind that this would be considered a self-serving link and that the fan page must provide value to your readers.

Nice article
It is good to tie everything together and get your website and blog working together alongside your social networking

Comment provided July 21, 2010 at 5:35 AM

Jon Bone writes:

I’m going to tie them all together as then my friends can read my articles in the future.

Jon Bone

If the purpose of marketing is to attraction attention and then develop a relationship, then why wouldn’t someone link their writing efforts to their online social media avenues? The behaviors as noted in the article are the same whether face to face to finger tip to finger tip.

Love the graphic by the way.

Comment provided July 21, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Nice article marc, It’s good to tie everything together. I am going to do it.

Comment provided July 22, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Thomas Reidy writes:

I am just starting to crack the social media code. Thanks for the useful tips. Periodically, I tweet from my article archive at different times a day. With my expanding base of followers, the evergreen content of my articles doesn’t get stale.

Comment provided July 26, 2010 at 6:22 AM

Vijay Agrawal writes:

This article has really motivated me to explore the networking aspect of article marketing. So far I never really bothered to think of social networking sites as I felt they are only for people who have too much time to talk about everything in the world.

Thanks for motivating me.

Comment provided July 29, 2010 at 7:35 AM

Social networking is what we have in common with our closest genetic “relatives,” the primates. I mean this as a compliment. I find it very interesting how you put it in your article:

“The original social networks were built at coffee shops, dinner parties and anywhere else people gathered to chat…As social networking has grown in popularity, both individuals and businesses have found ever-increasing value in expanding their networks online.”

In this respect, I think, we’re still primates, no matter where we are or what century we’re in. Social animals that speak on a higher plane than just food and sex. We think hobbies, business, loves lost and loves gained, etc. For sheer enjoyment.

I continue to enjoy the old cafe meets precisely for that reason. But online socializing offers so much more when you’re thinking business on top of the enjoyment. Let’s just not forget the enjoyment part of it. The trick is to keep that going too, wherever warranted!

Money isn’t always everything. Just thinking that way can take you a long way…

Comment provided August 4, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Jamie Rothermil writes:

Yes, love this post. listen to your audience and they will tell you what they are interested in. And thank you EzineArticles for all you do for us we could never repay you, that is why you are number one.

Comment provided August 5, 2010 at 8:06 AM

Patrick writes:

I find the instructions are in error…

<<>>

I do not see this…

Thanks
Patrick

Comment provided August 5, 2010 at 3:02 PM

Could you explain the error in a little more detail?

Patrick writes:

Greetings..

Seems a piece is missing in the last post
there are 7 steps to set up Twitter

1. Log into your EzineArticles Expert Author Account
From the Author’s Area,
2. click on the “Profile Manager” drop-down menu
Select “Edit Author Bio”
3. Choose the specific author name you’d like to authorize
4 Scroll down until you see a box with the dotted outline
5. Click on: “Manage your EzineArticles Twitter Service.”
6. Click “Authorize Twitter Access”
7. Read the informational page and click the “Allow” button

Step #4 – I can not find the box with the dotted line

Am I missing somthing?

Thanks
Patrick

Comment provided August 5, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Patrick,

You are correct – the procedure changed, but our instructions didn’t! Thank you for calling that to our attention. :-)

You’ll find that the instructions have now been updated here: http://blog.EzineArticles.com/2009/08/twitter-action-required.html

Jose Lasa writes:

Thanks for the tip Marc. Yes, I will definetely try to grow my business using solcial media.

And as always, keep the good job helping networkers.
Blessings,