Expert Author Case Study: Annie Kaszina

Today’s Expert Author Case Study introduces us to British Expert Author Annie Kaszina, an emotional abuse recovery expert and author of the ebook “The Woman You Want To Be.”

Annie Kaszina

Status: Platinum
Member Since: Dec 9, 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Active Articles: 101
Article Views: 366,787

As an EzineArticles Expert Author, Annie’s strategy is aimed at making connections with her readers. By making real connections, she has an increased ability to spot the questions that remain unanswered in her niche. In addition, she can be confident that she is helping real people with real problems.

As part of our ongoing Expert Author Case Study project, we asked Annie to share her thoughts on article writing and marketing. Annie submits articles regularly and has developed her knowledge into an ebook titled “The Woman You Want To Be.” The main goal of her work is to help women through toxic relationships by getting them to think about their relationships in new ways.

• Annie, what sets you apart from other Expert Authors?

I’m not sure I’m the person best placed to say. All I can say is that I am passionate about providing my market with the best information, in the most easily accessible format that I possibly can. To that end, what I write is extremely open and honest. I’m also very persistent. When I had, 5, 10, 20, even 30 articles published, I just kept on writing and publishing them.

• What’s your secret to article writing and marketing success?

Listening to my niche; what they say, what their problems are, and then offering them a constant supply of information, and a new perspective. A lot of my work is with people who are stuck in bad relationships and have low self-esteem. Now these people are bright, able people who are held in high regard by everyone except a critical partner … and themselves, of course. I see it as my role, in everything I write, to get them to ask themselves: “Is what I believe really true? How do I know that it’s true?” Once they start to ask better questions, they are well on their way to shaking themselves out of their trance of negativity. If they need help in doing so, then I am very happy to provide them with further help through 1-2-1 and group work.

• How do you stay motivated to write articles?

I’m constantly motivated by the connection with my niche. When people, most commonly women, email me and let me know that my articles have given them new insights, made them feel better, or given them the courage to take the next, necessary, step in their life, that really cranks up my motivation. I am absolutely passionate about helping as many people as I possibly can to rebuild their self-esteem and create great, nurturing relationships for themselves. There is just too little practical information around about how to ‘do’ relationships. My mission is to help as many people as I possibly can, throughout the world; to create more happiness in their relationships and their lives. EzineArticles is a fantastic vehicle for doing that.

• How do you decide what to write about?

In a sense, I don’t. When I sit down to write articles, usually for my twice-monthly ezine, “The Woman You Want To Be”, the topic that needs to be written down ‘speaks’ very loudly to me. I don’t necessarily know why I need to write about it, or even how I will develop the idea; I just know that’s the topic I have to address.

• How do you balance writing for quality and quantity?

It’s only ever about quality for me. I see no earthly point in writing articles that won’t add value to my human readers. I’m not into thinking about [search engine] spiders and SEO. All I care about is delivering value.

• How has using EzineArticles affected your traffic?

Over the years, EzineArticles has brought me a load of traffic, enabled me to connect with other experts in my field worldwide, and meant that my articles have been published on every continent. It still gives me a great thrill when people half a world away, whose culture and lifestyle is very different to my own, email me to tell me what they found valuable in my articles.

• What EzineArticles tools do you find the most beneficial?

I love the author’s reports because I am not terribly techie. I probably don’t glean as much information from them as I could, but it is lovely to know how widely my articles get read. I guess that is another thing that motivates me to keep writing.

• If you had to start over again, what would you change?

Hmm! I work on the principle that most of the learning that has come my way is good and useful – in other words, that my mistakes served a useful purpose. (It’s certainly better than beating myself up about them.) So, the one thing I probably would change is my lack of technological know how. With the benefit of hindsight, I would probably have inflicted on myself, some years ago, a better grounding … ok, a grounding … in information technology.

• What advice would you give newbie article marketers?

Get writing. Set yourself a realistic target and stick to it. Make it a goal to write one article every two weeks. Think how much you have to offer your market and make sure you share it with them. They will thank you for it. Having that kind of dialogue with them will prove invaluable for you, and them.

• Anything else you’d like to share?

Even though writing articles to communicate information of value to your niche is an honorable enough reason for writing in itself, [yet] there is more. To paraphrase Jim Rohn, you write articles for the writer and communicator that it will make you. In the process of writing, most people find out that they know far, far more than they thought they did. They also discover that they are far better communicators than they thought they could be. If you want to grow yourself and your business and serve your niche to the best of your ability, article writing has to be at the very heart of your strategy.

Here’s a recap:

1. Write openly and honestly.

2. Listen to the questions your readership is asking to figure out what needs to be answered.

3. Deliver value by connecting with and responding to your readers.

4. Use Article Views and Traffic Search Terms Tools to discover the subject matter that triggers high readership, and focus future articles on those subjects.

5. Get writing! Set quantity goals to achieve in the short- and long-term.

6. Use the technology available to you to find the questions in your niche that need to be answered.

7. Article writing is a way for you to discover how much you actually know about your niche. (You are likely to surprise yourself.)

Annie’s experiences show the value of connecting with readers and others in a niche. Your readers can be a source of inspiration and provide a window to your own development as a writer and communicator.

Why not take some of Annie’s advice and put it to good use today? And, as always, leave a comment for Annie. She would love to hear from you!

Katie Cavanaugh writes:

Dear Annie,
I love your perspective. As a professional in the field of success strategies, I find that my clients do give the relevant subjects that needs to be brought out and shared.

Thank you for answering the call to share your wisdom with the world.

To your passionate purpose,

Katie Cavanaugh

Comment provided July 7, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Kim Luret writes:

Thank you Annie for your concise and practical advice. It helped me a lot to make the prospect of consistent article writing look not only less daunting, but in fact very doable! Thank you!

Sincerely,

Kim Luret

Comment provided July 7, 2010 at 4:51 PM

ntathu writes:

You write from the heart…thanks for your inspiring and uplifting articles.

Comment provided July 7, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Kim Mitchell writes:

Your insight is very valuable to a new writer, such as myself. I have written a few articles to date, along with my book, Loving with Purpose, which is getting ready to publish, and know that writing articles is a passion I’m ready to pursue.

Your advice could not have come at a better time. I look forward to reading your articles in the future.

Comment provided July 7, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Gail Bray writes:

Hello-
\
I am starting a business as an entrepenuer business coach. I have some blocks with confidence and taking the necessary steps in order to create my success..ie writing the content for my website. Your articles say to write from the heart, however my niche are entrepeneurs.

Do you have suggestions regarding where and how to start?

Peace & Blessings-
Gail

Comment provided July 7, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Neobux Fan writes:

These tips are quite useful for both article marketers and for those who aspire to be.

Comment provided July 7, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Truby writes:

Annie,
thanks for sharing a bit of your wisdom and experience with us. I’m sure that you’ve spent countless hours contributing to your niche and now seeing some of the fruit of your labor. Your story is truly inspirational.

Truby Johnson

Comment provided July 7, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Bob Andolina writes:

Thanks Annie for your views about using EzineArticles as a way to connect with your readers.

You are a great example of your product!

Comment provided July 7, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Inday Canoy writes:

It’s still early in the morning and I’m already learning new things. Thanks Annie!
May God bless you as you continue to be a blessing to others.

Greetings from Belgium,

Inday

Comment provided July 8, 2010 at 1:39 AM

Suzi V writes:

Thanks for the email Annie, as you can see I am very new but would love to write articles.

Comment provided July 8, 2010 at 5:37 AM

Janna Chan writes:

Thanks for your insights, Annie. I just have a one thought.

Having written articles both with and without SEO in mind, I’ve found using search engine optimization strategies wisely when formulating content very helpful.

Not only does keyword analysis sometimes get me more visitors, but it enables me to write articles around the key phrases/concepts through which people are thinking when they research a subject.

Best, Janna

Comment provided July 8, 2010 at 6:19 AM

Mr Azman writes:

Great Tips annie,
very valuable information. I’m a newbie for article writing.I’ll take action from the guidelines here…

thanks,
azman

Comment provided July 8, 2010 at 8:40 AM

Raymond Pearson writes:

I’m new to this. Your article was quite useful in helping me to get started!

Comment provided July 8, 2010 at 10:57 AM

Funom Makama writes:

Very inspiring Expert Author, I really and honestly want to be like you. You have 101 articles and already hitting over 300,000 views! This is fantastic. I have over 200 articles now and yet to hit 10,000 views, even though I just started April this year. But I hope to learn more from you and above all find strategies to attract more traffic to my articles.
EzineArticles, you guys are doing a good job. No wonder you are the best article site in the whole world.

Comment provided July 9, 2010 at 5:21 AM

Ellen Smith writes:

Hi Annie,

Thanks for the email, I’m quiet new and I really want to write and add more articles to my account…

^_^

Comment provided July 9, 2010 at 9:05 AM

Cecilia Lenagh writes:

Dear Annie, thank you for the insights. I write sporadically, and am now thinking ‘must try harder’. All best wishes to you and your readers,
Cecilia

Comment provided July 10, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Kruno writes:

I look forward to reading your articles in the future.
I’m sure that you’ve spent countless hours contributing to your niche.

Comment provided July 12, 2010 at 8:11 AM

lAZARUS SHEHU writes:

Thank you Annie for your simply, open concise and practical advice.

Comment provided July 14, 2010 at 9:19 AM

The relevent inormation provided by you is an outstanding and worth-result oritied for the readers,when i saw it, i got captivating and could ot help giving you comment on your article.

Comment provided July 15, 2010 at 4:47 PM

don mooers writes:

Annie thank you for sharing your thoughts.
I will make sure to remain open and passionate aboout my niche, which I will narrrow down
Thanks again, my pen name is don george

Comment provided July 20, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Dean writes:

Over 300,000 views from only 101 articles is exemplary! I like your ideas about writing from the heart openly and honestly as well as focussing primarily on quality content to add value. Thank you for highlighting the potential growth and skills development we get from improving our writing. I will keep on going!

Comment provided November 10, 2010 at 3:00 PM