2 Minute Approval Tips: Deliver On The Article Title

Episode 3 of the “2 Minute Approval Tips” video series.

This series is designed to help get your articles approved on the first submission. We’ve looked at past submission records to find the most common reasons why articles aren’t approved on the initial try. Since we know your time is precious, we’ve compressed this information into individual 2-minute videos.

This episode is about building trust by delivering on the promise of an article’s title.

Downloadable Versions:
WMV Format     MOV Format     MV4 Format     MP3 Format

For those of you that don’t have two minutes to spare, here’s a brief outline of the third “2 Minute Approval Tip”:

• Make or Break – The title is the window to the content inside an article. If readers like what they see, they may be interested in the rest of the article. If it doesn’t draw them in, they’ll surf away from your article.

• Deliver on the Promise – The content of your article must deliver on the promise of the article title. If the title is a question, your article should answer the question. If the article content isn’t delivered as promised in your title, readers will click away from it and you’ll lose credibility.

• Provide the Correct Number of Tips – When you make a promise of a certain number of tips, tricks or anything else in the title, you need to have at least that many tips included in the article. Articles that fall short of providing the number of items stated in the title won’t be accepted.

• Location-Based Articles Should Have Location-Based Information – Titles that have a location name make a special promise to the reader that the article will provide location-specific information. Location-specific information explains how the topic being discussed differs between the location and elsewhere.

Watch for more “2 Minute Approval Tips” in the coming weeks. And before you submit your next quality original article, leave us a comment to share one of your own approval tips for writing titles.

Gail Manishor writes:

I just received an approval so quickly I was shocked and thrilled.
I knew the title was good and I thought the article was good. But I can’t tell you what I did.
It all just came to me. I’m not a fast writer, but I am dedicated.
I carefully read all your tips and if in doubt I recheck your guidelines.
Thank you for the service you provide.
Gail Manishor

Comment provided July 29, 2010 at 10:16 AM

I’m really enjoying the tips, but unfortunately they aren’t doing me any good as far as rapid approval goes.

I’m still stuck in the basic plus bucket and it still takes more than a week before anyone says yay or nay.

not real encouraging.

Comment provided July 29, 2010 at 10:34 AM

You’re not Robinson Crusoe!

This was a goooood video and so true! Thanks

Deanetta

Comment provided July 29, 2010 at 11:00 AM

Remi writes:

Your 2 minute tips on article writing are very helpful, precise, and to the point. I would like to know how many tips there are in the series and where to find the whole collection.

Comment provided July 29, 2010 at 12:35 PM

This was the 3rd in the series, with many, many more to come. Very soon, there will be a category here just for the “2-Minute Approval Tips.”

Vinny writes:

Thanks for the tips. I’m working on some articles for submission, and I’ll be sure to follow these tips.

Comment provided July 29, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Dick Carlson writes:

These are great little tips — and I love the “Two Minute” model.

What software are you using to build these? It’s amazing!

Comment provided July 29, 2010 at 2:01 PM

It’s a combination of software, actually. The 3D set was created in Bryce, the special effects were created in Motion and the whole thing is edited using Final Cut Pro.

The real kudos go to Jason (our video guru) and the rest of the team for their expertise is using the software tools. As we all know, the tools are only as good as the craftsman wielding them. :)

Jose Lasa writes:

Thanks Marc for those great tips.
I will keep them in mind.
Keep the hard and good job to make of us better writers.

As always, Blessings.

Jose Joe Lasa

Comment provided July 29, 2010 at 2:25 PM

Glynn Sole writes:

I just had my article – Easy Video Production With an Article Converter – published and it was 59 minutes between receiving my article submitted email and receiving my article accepted email. How is this possible? Is it a record?

Comment provided July 29, 2010 at 5:18 PM

Vitus Kung writes:

Thanks very much for the tips, Marc! As I’m new to EzineArticles, it’s also interesting for me to notice that you use a lot of interesting videos to communicate besides articles.

Comment provided July 29, 2010 at 8:53 PM

chris writes:

Bit annoyed with EzineArticles as it takes them an age to actually approve anything, and then even at the most slightest slip up they ask you to do it. I think it’s ridiculous you have to wait at least a week before anything gets approved….written 12 articles and still in basic category….

If I didn’t enjoy writing articles wouldn’t waste my time with you lot…

Comment provided July 30, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Glynn Sole writes:

Hey Chris,

I felt the same way to begin with, even got a paranoia complex after often seeing articles approved when they apparently contravened lots more regulations than mine did. All I can say is in the long run it’s worth it, the weighty back-links really help your search engine ranking and it does get easier… Stick with it.
P.S. I turn all my articles into video and eliminate these problems

Eamon Greville writes:

Thanks Marc

I suppose it goes to the heart of article marketing ie delivering good quality honest content.

Promise in the title then deliver on that promise. all parties will then be satisfied!

Comment provided July 30, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Pam Lindberg writes:

These videos are the best, thanks for great content and tips

Comment provided August 1, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Amy writes:

I wasn’t sure of these tips at first, but they actually do pay off! It’s amazing how we can overlook such simple things to do with articles…

Comment provided August 3, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Andrew John writes:

These approval tips are so useful and I have always admired EzineArticles but they do have problems . I will tell you of my experience in having articles approved and why I no longer submit articles to EzineArticles.

I write legal articles and am a lawyer in the UK. My intention has always been to provide informative and accurate legal information in a readable form. As most people will realize, the law comes from laid down statutes and judicial decisions and comment. As such in order to properly explain the legal position in a matter it can be necessary to quote from a statute or from what has been said by a judge.

A couple of weeks ago I submitted an article to EzineArticles concerning time limits on making an application for the financial provision from a will. I was a little surprised when it was rejected on the basis that it was an ‘exact match or substantially similar to material attributed to another author/source ‘. This was particularly the case as I had just spent half the day writing it. However I looked in the alleged exact match article and sure enough there were a couple of lines where the author of this article had quoted the same clauses from the governing statute as I had done. The article was however on an entirely different subject with no relevance to my article. All that was the same was the provision in the Act to time limits which was the same as applied to the subject of my article.

I replied as requested in the rejection and expected an-‘oops, sorry, understood, -we will approve your article and reinstate your account’ reply. Not forthcoming however but instead a tirade of total garbage from a Ben who had apparently been programmed not to use brain or understand the writing of legal articles.

I have written a large number of legal articles for other Article Directories without difficulty. They quote the law as it is laid down but indeed this law is not original material written by me. That is unfortunately a problem for EzineArticles. As the law in my words rather than the words of judges and Parliament would be of little value, I choose not to submit to EzineArticles but will continue to do so with the other directories.

Comment provided August 4, 2010 at 8:21 AM

Andrew,

We appreciate the feedback. Every article is reviewed by 2 Editors, one front line editor, and one Quality Control editor. We run the articles through various checks and checking duplicate content is one of them. While I cannot comment specifically on your article because I don’t have the details of your account, I can say that we do allow up to 5 lines of sourced material in an article providing you cite it.

Our platform is not for everyone. We do require that the content that you write be yours or you must cite it. If you consider our site in the future, I would recommend that you write unique content based on your own expertise. If you need to add additional value by including governing statutes, add them to your site as a reference or cite them in your article.

Comment provided August 4, 2010 at 8:49 AM

Scolex writes:

wow! very impressive video tutorial. I have only submitted two articles in EzineArticles but i will try my best to add more quality articles.

Comment provided August 7, 2010 at 9:58 AM

First I would like to say thanks for all the great tips and educating writers on how to produce quality material. You have people out there with PHd’s and still can’t produce good quality material. Choosing a good title does pay off, it did for me! I can say because of EzineArticles and all their tutorials, tips,and videos I have become a much better writer and the author’s badge looks good on my website. Thanks EzineArticles.

Comment provided August 9, 2010 at 11:04 AM

Irfan Mansuri writes:

very effective tips and very extraordinary video . i only submitted single article lets see in future ….

Comment provided August 12, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Lynn Hahn writes:

I’m so excited that I am now a EzineArticles author! All your tips have helped me sooo much.

The information travels too. I just used your tips to help with my podcast too. Good titles really do help!

I can’t thank you enough for your generosity with good writing tips..

Comment provided August 23, 2010 at 5:42 PM