Myth-Busting Article Template

Become the myth buster in your niche for traffic, credibility, exposure and fun!

Most people would agree: Myths are fun. Busting myths is even more fun. And being the myth buster yourself is a total blast! By using this article template, you can become a bonafide myth buster in your niche and enjoy the exhilaration and accolades that go along with identifying, demystifying and debunking your favorite myths in your niche. Plus, you get the added bonus of being the hero for your readers by providing them with the reality that may have been eluding them.

• Title: Acknowledge the Myth – Here’s where you want to announce the myth and your intentions to bust it. Titles like: “Busting the Drunk Driving Myth – 5 Ways to Keep Friends from Driving Drunk” or “The Starvation Diet Myth Exposed – Discover a More Sensible Way to Lose Weight” are going to draw readers in with their promise of an interesting and informative article.

Search our title suggestion tool in your category or niche using the keyword “myth” for more great article title ideas.

• Introduction: Perpetuate the Myth – Tell a story that involves your chosen myth to draw the reader into your article. Perhaps the story is the myth. Many myths are born of what essentially amounts to simple urban legend. The point of this introduction is to use the power of story to hook your reader into continuing on with the rest of your article.

• Body: Demystify and Debunk the Myth – This is the meat of your article. This is where you want to take away the myth’s power and credibility and then proceed to tear it down and bust it.

1. Demystify – Tell your readers why this myth is … well, a myth. Where did it come from? How does it get perpetuated? Why does it still exist? Answering these questions will help put you in a position of credibility where the reader begins to accept that perhaps you know a little bit more about the topic than they do.

2. Debunk – This is where you kill the myth. Describe the reasons why this myth isn’t reality and provide evidence to support your case. Hint: This would be a great place for a bullet or numbered list.

You’ve already established yourself as the judge and jury for this particular myth. Now you get to be the executioner! Mwa-ha-ha-ha-haa …

• Conclusion: Deliver a Dose of Reality – Now that you’ve effectively busted the myth, give your reader a dose of reality to take its place. Tell them what they need to know so they can finish your article with a feeling of, “Huh, who’d have thought that?”

Just think of the incredible number of myths that exist in your niche. Each one of these offers a prime opportunity to create a fresh and exciting new article. Take some time now to jot down a list of the most common myths in your industry or niche. Then turn that list into titles and get to work writing a full set of traffic-driving, credibility-building, exposure-generating, myth-busting articles.

A Strong Word of Caution: Avoid using the word “Scam” or any of its relatives. “Scam” has been effectively banned from the EzineArticles lexicon.

Leave a comment and share your favorite myth from your niche! Or add it to our Facebook Fan Page.

Thanks for very useful article template. Cool idea for those who are scratching their heads for article writing ideas. EzineArticles.com might be flooded with myth-busting articles.

Comment provided June 25, 2010 at 3:53 PM

This is a nice template. I especially think that the conclusion is overlooked.

Every article, no matter how long or short, needs a beginning, the meat and the end.

btw your template is especially good for those niches where the “myth” is the common solution and the “reality” is the natural, drug-free solution.

Chris

Comment provided June 25, 2010 at 4:57 PM

anthony writes:

awesome article. I’m definitely going to try this one. Thanks for sharing.

Comment provided June 25, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Helen Wenley writes:

Thanks for the idea. I can certainly use it in my niche.

Comment provided June 25, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Terri writes:

Thanks for this article. My product of healthy chocolate lends itself perfectly to this format. I’ve already begun composing an article from this idea.

Comment provided June 25, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Matt T. Scouter writes:

Great take for some new articles! I guarantee this will shape up to be a highly interesting series. I am submitting my article now, and look forward to seeing all of yours!

Comment provided June 25, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Sunganani writes:

Outdone yourselves again!

I like the fact that the word “scam” has been banned from EzineArticles. I think it is a marketing tool gone bad because of misuse and overuse.

Keep up the great work. My blog ranks far better these days because of you.

Comment provided June 25, 2010 at 10:29 PM

Elaine Berry writes:

“May have been ALLUDING them!” (2nd paragraph) This is is hardly a good example is it?!!

Comment provided June 26, 2010 at 2:17 AM

Elaine,

Considering the fact that I write and publish thousands of words daily, I’m always afraid that some unspeakable error such as this will slip by.

Thankfully, I have my second line of proofreaders, like yourself, who are only too happy to catch my occasional errors and point them out in a kind and thoughtful manner.

Thank you so much for your assistance! You’ll note that typo has been fixed.

pj writes:

Elaine —eluding— is correct
to evade, avoid or escape.

ALLUDING—is incorrect.
to refer to, or indirect reference.

Sibin S. writes:

Really good idea. I have many ideas how to use this form for my articles.

Comment provided June 26, 2010 at 8:27 AM

Sibin S. writes:

Really great article. I have many ideas how t use this template for couple of my articles!

Comment provided June 26, 2010 at 9:26 AM

Raymond writes:

Excellent reminder! I like to write on how to improve fitness and know a lot of myths but I easily forget to write about them!
thanks

Comment provided June 27, 2010 at 2:24 AM

I love this article template, and have had a blast debunking; Y2K, Global Warming, Peak Oil Theory, 2010 Prophesy, various religious notions, anti-Capitalist statements, and in the industries I’ve participated in, all the common misconceptions people have. It’s fun to write these articles, and people like them too.

Comment provided June 27, 2010 at 2:25 AM

GreenHearted writes:

Myth busting is supposed to be about busting myths, not coming up with your own facts. No? Let’s ensure we’re doing this for the highest good of all concerned, especially future generations.

Mamunur Rasid writes:

Hi,
This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I enjoy seeing websites that understand the value of providing a prime resource for free. I truly loved reading your post.
Thanks!

Mamunur Rasid
oDesk Outsourcing Provider.
Be Your OwnCoder

Comment provided June 27, 2010 at 5:18 AM

Damodar writes:

Sure, a very good suggestion. I have some real life ghost stories to share. Seems got a perfect platform.

Comment provided June 27, 2010 at 7:29 AM

Eamon Greville writes:

Useful article – always good to have a new angle to pursue!

Thanks

Comment provided June 27, 2010 at 8:21 AM

This is excellent advice! I can see how it may help in the non-profit sector as well. Many not for profit organizations are trying to build online income and staff are feeling overwhelmed. I will pass this idea on, an give it a try as well.

Comment provided June 27, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Spence writes:

Great article. I will definately utilze this format as I write more articles.

Thanks for the clarity.

Comment provided June 30, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Wow! I will definetely use this great template to write my future articles!

Thanks

Comment provided July 4, 2010 at 3:31 AM

Patricia writes:

Great template!
Now, can you please add a list of myth to debunk? then all we have to do is to fill the blanks :-)

Seriously, great tip!

Comment provided July 12, 2010 at 7:41 AM

jon bone writes:

A very good template for an article as I think if written properly it will be intersting

Comment provided October 20, 2010 at 5:26 AM

Great! I am excited about this idea and busting some myths!

Thank you!

Comment provided July 1, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Ampra Xu writes:

A myth-busting title is really important. Besides, “Answering these questions will help put you in a position of credibility where the reader begins to accept that perhaps you know a little bit more about the topic than they do.” This sentence is my favorite because if I don’t know more than readers do, how can I write something that can draw their attention? Great article!

Comment provided January 12, 2015 at 9:39 PM