Every month @EzineArticles provides well over 100 useful tidbits of information, fun facts and training – We’ve gathered 30 of the best ones from April right here. Retweet any (or all!) of them to enhance your article writing and marketing efforts.
Just CLICK on to auto-populate your Twitter status field.
EzineArticles Tips and Training Snippets:
- Depending on your writing style, your tone can be light … but ‘LOL’ is not OK unless you are defining text slang.
- Grammar Tip: Watch for homonyms, words that sound the same but have different meanings. Be right when you write.
- Use ‘bold’ to emphasize headings, not keywords. Readers get distracted from the content if the wrong words stand out.
- Simple way to increase your CTR: Optimize your Resource Box with links to content relevant to the article and call to action.
- Article Title Tip: Do not include Quotes or Apostrophes around your article titles. We’ll just strip them out each time.
- Following easy-to-use article templates not only speeds up your writing, but gives all of your articles a similar feel.
EzineArticles Fun Facts:
- Social media click data shows that our SCRAPBOOKING articles get shared the most of any niche by over 20X our site avg!
- 31% of our members have added extended author bio’s and social media links to their profiles.
- 3,265 folks just like you subscribe to our FriendFeed: http://friendfeed.com/EzineArticles (You can SUBSCRIBE too!)
- It was a big day on our Facebook Fan Page on April 27th as over 875 members *Like’d* us in just 1 day!
- You can now add your Facebook Fan Page URL to your Expert Author Bio – Your readers will ‘Like’ that! http://is.gd/bVvFO
EzineArticles Inside Information:
- Using EzineArticles – A Behind the Scenes Look Inside this Matching Service http://is.gd/biOpT (via @lisaswrite)
- Users can now DIGG any article on EzineArticles. Look for it in the Social Media Toolbar below the resource box.
- You are hearing this news 1st: Our FREE Article Title Writing Service just became available for all BASIC Members!
- New Facebook Fan Page exclusive feature: ‘Question for Today’ – Add your 2¢ on a new topic every day! http://is.gd/bF7ps
- Our Fan Page now shows all our tweets AND our Facebook updates. Become a fan and get both in one place! http://is.gd/bFrFm
- Discover some surprising benefits of participating in an #HAHD Challenge from Expert Author Matt Lenzie. http://is.gd/brrPt
- Don’t write about the rainbow, write about the colors! The continuous flow of unique content fills your Pot o’ Gold.
- Set concrete, realistic goals and outline the steps to take to achieve them to give yourself a better chance at success.
- Thanks @jeniferharris for including EzineArticles in your book, ‘Complete Idiot’s Guide to Social Media’! http://is.gd/bfWRs
- ’50 Article Ideas in 2 Minutes’ is on YouTube: http://is.gd/bhEIo – While you’re there, why not become a subscriber?
Misc. Words of Wisdom:
- Article marketing is like running a marathon. A steady pace will create better results than sprinting and inactivity.
- Articles don’t just draw traffic, they enhance your brand. Be proud of everything you submit and readers will notice.
- Limit distractions while writing to increase your speed. Fewer errors the 1st time = less time spent proofing.
- Your articles will work to draw traffic, so make sure your website is ready! Your landing page quality matters.
- When brainstorming new article ideas, focus on delivering info your niche audience hasn’t seen before to keep it interesting!
- Finding the quality/quantity balance in article writing can be difficult. Overcome it with time and consistency. Practice!
Have you got a Twitter question? Post it here to get some answers.