Run 100 Miles in 100 Days Challenge

To coincide with our “100 Articles in 100 Days Marathon Challenge” (#HAHD), you are invited to join us in running 100 miles in 100 days (aka, #HMHD).

This challenge is already in progress – it started on May 1st, 2010 and “runs” until August 8th, 2010.

Unlike #HAHD 4, there are no prizes for entering or winning the #HMHD (Hundred Miles in Hundred Days) Challenge … other than bragging rights and a slim, lean body that comes from being fit.

What do you need to enter?

Nike+ Sensor($19-$29) and a iPod Nano 5th gen or iPhone 3GS or iPod Touch. If you don’t have a Nano or iPhone 3GS/iPod Touch, then you’ll need the Nike+ Sportsband ($59 from

You do not need Nike+ shoes as I run with a little $3 Nike+ pouch velcro’d to my shoes for the running sensor pod. You can find the running pouches at

The Challenge itself costs nothing to enter, nor does becoming a member of Nike+’s website.

How do you enter?

Purchase your Nike+ Sensor/kit and CLICK HERE to join the challenge.

I’m in the challenge myself as are many of the behind-the-scenes EzineArticles team who are looking to get into better physical shape or just enjoy the love of running. We hope to see you at the finish line on August 8th, 2010!

Are you in?

I’m in!

Comment provided May 16, 2010 at 12:51 AM

armando writes:

I am going to Enter this contest :))

Comment provided May 16, 2010 at 9:40 AM

Renz writes:

How I wish I could have that Nike thing!! Awesome!

Comment provided May 16, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Marlene Shaw writes:

Hi, I already run, with the Nike+. I love it, its such good value for money. I’ll definitely join the challenge!

Comment provided May 16, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Hi Chris,
Great idea.
And, i don’t run anymore.
I bike.
So I wonder what the equivalent of 100 miles (150 km in Canada or Europe) would be.?
I’m on a six-day bike trip in Croatia in June – about 40 km per day = 240 km.
Whadda ya thunk?

Comment provided May 16, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Sorry Jim… this HMHD challenge is a *running* event.

I do like biking also… Perhaps another idea for a fitness challenge in the future.

Judy Hilton writes:

great idea, I look forward to starting this. I will try and do 100 miles and 100 articles. I think the miles will be easier!

Comment provided May 16, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Rick Rucker writes:

I would love to, but a motorcycle accident last August caused a burst fracture at T12, and I can’t run anymore. I used to run 10k and marathon events, and perhaps I will again, in the future.

Comment provided May 16, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Sorry to hear the news Rick.

Lisa writes:

I signed up and while I run every day, I am going to have to get the Sportsband for it to calculate. Maybe I’ll get one for my birthday this week. hehe I need to catch up for the days I’ve missed already.

Comment provided May 16, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Happy Birthday…

Glad to hear you’re a “runner”. :)

Rick Rucker writes:

This is off topic a bit, but I appreciated your clearing up the question that Chris Farrell asked about the same article being on multiple websites. We were laboring under the delusion that it wasn’t allowed. Now I can post on my new blog also!

Thanks very much.

Comment provided May 17, 2010 at 8:46 AM

There sure is a fair amount of myth and misunderstanding out there…

It is true that articles submitted to EzineArticles do not have to be EXCLUSIVE to, but they do need to be exclusive to your name… which means, that we should not be able to find any articles you submitted to us …anywhere else on the Internet under someone else’s name other than yours.

Of course we appreciate members who submit unique articles that are exclusive to, but we’d rather be more “comprehensive” for our million daily visitors than only accept articles that are not found anywhere else on the Internet.

Hope that makes sense.

Keith writes:

I would love to join in, but I think my wife would kill me if I bought any more running toys! I use my runs not only to de-stress, but also to plan my articles in my head! Strange, but that’s the way I am!

Comment provided May 18, 2010 at 7:39 AM

Sean Breslin writes:

Good luck to all the people taking part! I’m not quite ready myself for a challenge like this…

Comment provided May 18, 2010 at 7:49 AM

Carly Franklin writes:

Been running with the Nike+ Sportband for a couple of months and I absolutely love it! Great way to get your readership involved in being more active!

Carly H. Franklin
CFX Creative / BOOST Social Media
@carlyfranklin / @cfxcreative / @gimmeaboost

Comment provided May 20, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Blaine Moore writes:

I’m not going to buy a Nike+ sports band so I can’t officially make it, but as of today I’ve got 100.7 miles for the month of May.

I don’t run with an iPod, change up my shoes regularly (as well as run barefoot) so a footpod would be way too inconvenient and a waste of money. I’m happy with my Garmin.

Here’s my training log:

Training has been pretty light lately, can’t wait until I’m allowed to run long distances again. Hopefully in a few weeks…

Comment provided May 20, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Lisa writes:

I can’t afford the sports band so I am not officially in either but I decided to do it in spirit for my own personal challenge anyway. I love seeing how everyone else is going, too. I should log mine on my blog.

Lisa writes:

I got an iPod Nano as a gift right at the end of the challenge but I have no clue how to get it to work with the Nike+ site (which I did sign up for). If you’re going to do this again with #HAHD 5, I’d love someone to PM me some technical assistance. :)

Comment provided August 9, 2010 at 6:57 PM