Part 3 of the “6 Ways to Overcome Obstacles and Write High-Quality Articles in Large Quantities” video series.
One of the biggest challenges you’ll face as an Expert Author is getting yourself motivated to actually write. For some reason, even the most accomplished writers often struggle just to get started.
Gary is no stranger to this particular writing obstacle. Thankfully, he’s found a variety of methods for overcoming it. In this video, he shares six of his tried-and-true techniques for focusing his energy and putting himself in the right frame of mind for writing.
Invest a little over 3 minutes with Gary and you’ll come away with several tools you can use to kick-start your writing sessions and ultimately generate more high-quality original articles.
This Video in a Nutshell:
- Put Yourself in the Right Mental State – Eliminate distractions so you can focus. This will allow you to focus your energy on writing articles.
- Reflect on Why You’re Writing Articles – Think about more clicks, sales, referrals, fame, and credibility to get yourself motivated.
- Use Mental Tricks – Set self-imposed deadlines and create writing games to put yourself into the right frame of mind.
- Use Positive Self-Thought – If you’re in a bad mood your writing will reflect it. So always have positive thoughts when writing and your article will always have a positive feel.
- Imagine You’re Telling a Friend – Speak out loud because that forces your brain to focus. Then quickly convert those thoughts to words in your article.
- Force Yourself to Write – Struggle through a writing session until you finish the article. Then put it aside and edit it later. By editing it with a fresh mind, you’ll be able to quickly turn it into a quality, traffic-getting article.
If you haven’t already tried some of these tips for yourself, test a few of them during today’s writing session. You should find at least one or two that work for you.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of all the ways you could put yourself in a writing frame of mind. So as always, we would love to hear your tips and suggestions for jump-starting your authoring mojo.