More Facebook Upgrades for Your Author Bio

Add your Facebook Fan Page URL to your Expert Author Bio today!

Fact: Our Expert Authors are 4 times more likely to include a link to their Twitter page versus a link to their Facebook page.

This is interesting, especially considering Facebook has 4 times as many members as Twitter! Our guess is that many members see Facebook as a channel for personal interaction and not a good place to promote a business – so they use Twitter alone.

Facebook recently made it much easier for business owners and entrepreneurs to promote their business AND themselves separately through the use of Fan Pages. So we’ve upgrade your Extended Author Bio to now include a link to both your personal Facebook page and your Fan Page.

Adding Your Facebook Fan Page URL:

1. Optimize your Facebook Fan Page so it’s unique, inviting and attractive
  2. Log in to your EzineArticles Member Account
  3. Click on the “Social Media” drop-down menu and select “Facebook”
  4. Copy and paste your Facebook Fan Page URL into the second text field (If you have a personal Facebook page, add it to the first field)

Our other Facebook-related upgrade allows members to “Like” your Expert Author Bio page. If a reader finds your bio interesting, they can click on the “Like” button. Now a link to your Expert Author Bio will appear on their Facebook page!

Fact: The “Like” button will only be displayed if you’ve filled out your Extended Author Bio information. So if you haven’t yet updated that information, now would be the perfect time to get it done.

Updating your Extended Author Bio:

1. Log in to your EzineArticles Member Account
  2. Click on the “Profile Manager” drop-down menu and select “Edit Author Bio” and the author name you wish to modify.
  3. Add all the information you can and update any outdated information – the more you include, the more ways your readers can interact with you!

Harnessing the power of social media is like surfing a wave – it’s constantly moving and changing, so you need to adjust accordingly to keep yourself in perfect place. Incorporating these two upgrades into your Bio is just another way to keep surfing that wave!

Leave us comment to share what you’re doing to take advantage of the ever-increasing power of social media in your article writing and marketing efforts.

Edward Weiss writes:

Twitter … great for celebrities and twenty somethings and lower. Facebook attracts a more mature audience and is far more versatile.

I’m surprised Twitter is as popular as it is. Here’s a guess … youngins love to text.

Comment provided May 5, 2010 at 12:58 PM

CD Rates Blog writes:

It would be nice to see an example fan page. I have a personal account, but am not familiar with fan pages.

cd :O)

Comment provided May 5, 2010 at 1:15 PM

Our Fan Page:

CD Rates Blog writes:

Thank you. I’ll take a look and I saw someone else kindly post an example.

cd :O)

Fabulous to see – especially the options between personal and Facebook Business Page (formerly fanpage) as some people only have a personal profile and some that have both work them equally for their business.

CD – an example of a facebook page you can find here –
They are intended to be set up for a business to help create an engaged community of Facebook for a business or brand.

Comment provided May 5, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Jason Matthews writes:

I find Facebook infinitely more valuable to my ebook business than Twitter. Plus it’s far more fun and social. Seems like Twitter is in need of a major overhaul in the realm of profiles and personal touches.

Comment provided May 5, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Tom Cincurak writes:

You’ve opened my eyes, I only wanted to be humble yet knowledgeable and not turn people off, But I can honestly say I have not been using Facebook like I should have, to the maximum benefit of others as well. Thanks Tom

Comment provided May 5, 2010 at 3:52 PM

Is it correct that your personal (first Facebook page) account is limited to 5,000 friends? And any subsequent Fan pages can have unlimited fans or followers? Yeah or nay?

Comment provided May 5, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Yes Gerry, that is semi-correct.

Your personal Facebook, called your profile, has a limit of 5000 friends , as do groups you set up. Business Pages are unlimited in the number of fans (now called people who like your page). Nothing to do with first or subsequent.

Keep in mind Facebook has a rule only one personal account – you the person would open and own a business page or pages or groups.

Thanks Kathy for the clarification.

Thanks for adding the FB Like page option. I logged in last week to change my personal FB link to one of my Like pages but couldn’t. So GREAT that I was able to do that just now…

For those EzineArticles writers who have more than one FB Like page, a second slot would be great for at least the main profile…

Thank again!

Comment provided May 5, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Lisa Angelettie writes:

Does anyone have any bright ideas on how to move my “friends” over to my fan page. I’ve been trying and it hasn’t been easy. It’s like I’m starting all over!

Comment provided May 5, 2010 at 5:41 PM

One way is to click the “Suggest to friends” under your facebook page profile picture.
Another is to ask them directly by posting on your personal wall to connect on your facebook page – but keep in mind people will , and should, only like (or fan as it was in the past) a page that they have a reason to join. And as the Page owner you want the same. Give people a good reason to join you on your page and if they are interested they will. That is the biggest factor in success with a facebook page – having a purpose for people to connect with your Page. People interested in being there will engage, others will just be a number.

Comment provided May 5, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Lisa Angelettie writes:

Hi Kathy,
Thanks for that suggestion. I have started offering to answer any Q&A on my Facebook Fan page. Hopefully that will help create some movement to the page.

Bravo, Kathy! You hit the nail on the head!

Hi Kathy,

Great extension to the Bio.

It would also be great to include the Facebook Fan page for my second site as well.

By the way, I know that I am very new to all this cyber socializing however I do find all your instructions easy to understand and doubly easy to implement.

I think I did it all correctly.

Marylyn(SuperNan/Nannie CanDo)

Comment provided May 5, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Hey Marylyn,
They were easy instructions – but they were from Marc at EzineArticles, not me – I was just joining in the conversation here!

Silly me!

Well once again thank you Marc from EzineArticles.

I have bookmarked your site so that I can learn up on all this twittering, Facebooking etc cyber-socializing. Expect a sign up to your newsletter.

Thanks for the reply. I seem to make a silly suasage out of myself quite often in what I call the Cyber Sandpit.

Marylyn(SuperNan/Nannie CanDo)

Not a problem Marylyn! I like to make certain credit goes where it is due. Feel free to connect on the facebook Page I have and ask away there – asking also gets you some exposure to new contacts! ;-)

Hey Kathy, do you work for EzineArticles? If I was them, I’d be worried about my job!

Funny Gerry, No I don’t just like having conversations online and helping people.

And we appreciate it! Thanks Kathy.

BTW, Marylyn, may I use this expression: “make a silly sausage out of myself”? I love it! :D

You are welcome Marc. Wasn’t meaning to step on any toes and hope it did not come across that way.
And might I say, this has been one of the more interactive blog comment threads I have ever been part of! Just fabulous!

Oh my, no toes were stepped on at all! We love to see our knowledgeable members working together. :)

Of course you can Kathy, I could have said worse but I do have to keep in mind the word …moderation.

Go girl!

Sorry Marc,

I really need to read the Comment Author’s name! Sure you can use the phrase, “make a silly sausage out of myself” love you too.

And Kathy you can as well! LOL!

Marylyn(SuperNan/Nannie CanDo)

Rocky Torres writes:

I already upgraded my author bio, my profile is now 100% complete! If I upgrade my facebook, it will attract more fans because of its attractive features.

Comment provided May 5, 2010 at 7:41 PM

kaia writes:

i can’t open the url facebook,what can i do?

Comment provided May 5, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Could you clarify your question please?

kaia writes:

thanks, i have solve my questions yesterday.

I have discovered that freelance is not actually freelance after all. There are no actually freelance writers articles out there looking for what I am looking for in writing. I write novels, short stories, and poems and no one is looking at what I do.

Comment provided May 6, 2010 at 1:08 AM

haber scripti writes:

I find it quite suitable for its purpose

Comment provided May 6, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Very interesting site. Hope it will always be alive!

Comment provided May 7, 2010 at 9:03 PM

I liked it. So much useful material. I read with great interest.

Comment provided May 7, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Geoff writes:

I must admit I’ve always thought of Facebook as more of the way you described some view it ” …a channel for personal interaction and not a good place to promote a business.” I’m much more comfortable with Twitter in that regard, and I suspect that’s how a lot of others see it too, certainly among my ‘friends’ on Facebook.

Comment provided May 12, 2010 at 4:50 AM

jon bone writes:

I never though of using facebook for business. I will start to incorporate it afer reading this

Comment provided October 20, 2010 at 6:23 AM

led streetlight writes:

Thanks! I will go to apply for one facebook at once!

Comment provided December 20, 2010 at 6:23 AM

I find Facebook infinitely more valuable to my ebook business than Twitter.

Comment provided July 19, 2011 at 2:56 AM