Article Content vs. Real Life – Keyword Stuffing

The first in a series of videos that brings poor article-writing practices into the real world.

For months we’ve been struggling with the question of how to explain the “wrongness” of certain article practices. Practices that are fairly common, yet provide no real value to either the reader or the author … or are just downright unethical. They include everything from keyword stuffing and plagiarism to article spinning and copyright infringement.

What we realized is that despite the fact that almost all Expert Authors are good, decent human beings, many are doing things in their articles that they would never dream of doing in the real world. Their reaction when confronted with this fact is almost always one of confusion. They find it difficult to understand what’s wrong with doing what they’re doing.

Last week, with the help of our Editorial Staff, we found a promising method for explaining this concept. When these bad article writing practices are brought into the “real world” of day-to-day life, it quickly becomes stunningly obvious how wrong they really are.

It’s also pretty dang funny. :-)

Downloadable Versions:
WMV Format     MOV Format     MV4 Format     MP3 Format

Normally there would be a recap of the video right here. Hopefully, it’s not necessary. The point of this video should be fairly obvious – keyword stuffing is a really bad idea. So please don’t do it in your articles.

Why is keyword stuffing bad?

• It creates a poor user experience for your readers.
  • It’s a violation of author/reader trust.
  • It diminishes your credibility as an Expert Author.
  • It generates almost no clicks in your Resource Box and even fewer conversions.

So why do some people do it?

In most cases it’s a combination of laziness and ignorance. It’s easier and faster to write a keyword-stuffed article than it is to write an article that’s full of fresh, useful information. Yet, ironically, keyword stuffed articles tend to rank high in the search engine results, so many people feel it’s the smart thing to do. The reality is that once a reader starts reading the article, they quickly realize it’s useless garbage and immediately click away. The results are negative for everybody, including the author.

Watch for more of these Article Content vs. Real Life videos in the coming weeks. We hope you find them enlightening and entertaining all at the same time.

Please share this video with others and let us know what you think of the concept by leaving a comment below.

Dan Blackburn writes:

Love it! I am going to show our authors this video. Thanks!

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Rob Britt writes:

I’ve probably fallen on the opposite end of this extreme, where I write like I talk, and I should probably think about adding some more keywords. I think I had a little bit of stuffing in my Thanksgiving article.

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Dr. Dorothy writes:

Love your pun.

Martin Security writes:

“I think I had a little bit of stuffing in my Thanksgiving article.”

Was it a turkey?

Ramon Greenwood writes:

The video was probably interesting and helpful, but I wouldn’t know since I could not hear/understanding most of the words spoken by the two your ladies.

And there’s nothing wrong with my hearing.

Definitely not up to your normal high standards of communications.

Ramon Greenwood

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 10:47 AM

That’s odd – in listening to the video on several different platforms, we heard no difference from our other videos. We used the same microphones we normally use in our studio-based productions as well as the same editing equipment and quality-control standards.

Has anybody else experienced this problem?

Robert Britt writes:

sounded fine to me. I listened on firefox and IE.
It’s all good.

Joe Lee writes:

I listened to it in Chrome, FF, and IE – all are fine. Maybe the original commenter forgot to turn on his speaker? :P

ChrisCD writes:

No problems here. Using FF.

Mike Jones writes:

Maybe if you are American you can understand it but I’m not and I have trouble with accents, is it possible to put subtitles on the video?

Russ writes:

I have this problem with many videos (and I have a new windows 7 with a HUGE speaker system) and I have to use earplugs sometimes and YES I did need earplugs for this video because it was difficult to hear. The ear plugs in this computer make it extremely loud. I’m tellin you it’s some of these computers. This was a MAJOR problem in the 30DC most people could hear just fine and others of us could not hear a single word. And with that computer the ear plugs did not help at all. But yea if you have the wrong computer this video is difficult to hear. “Same mic same everything…” go figure.

Dave Keys writes:

Sounded excellent. @Ramon Try a reboot.

Robert writes:

It’s a matter of annunciation, not poor equipment.

Lugene Brantley writes:

I didn’t respond at first. But I certainly agree that it is an annunciation thing. Some videos I listen to come across clear, then others I fail to understand. I am an American and I don’t think it is the accent. Younger people seen to jumble their words more. A lot of times I just click it off. I prefer the written copy. Videos are great but, but a lot of us are left out. A PDF file should accompany all videos. No, all do not.

Great Brit writes:

OMG – it’s true, Americans have no sense of humour. Did you not see the wit & irony practically dripping from Ramon’s comments…

obviously not

Being an American of British heritage, I’m certain many Americans would accuse Brits such as yourself of the same crime. ;-)

SandieM writes:

Message came through loud and clear on my headset, and using Chrome. Loud and clear meaning I could hear the message in my headset and understand the message.

Quite amusing video example. Maybe not if one is guilty. Offenders must be thankful EzineArticles chose not to publish articles in question for this lesson. Thanks for the heads up.

Martin Security writes:

I must admit that the accents were a bit of a problem for my Cockney ears. (But the message was loud and clear.)

No doubt that many folks would have difficulty with my accent.

Ron writes:

Sounded fine to me, and my volume was turned very low.

Karen Wilhelm writes:

I wouldn’t want to put it down to age, but some younger people talk a lot faster than others of us can listen.

Patch writes:

lol @ great brit

Even after you said that still got people talking about headsets and that! hhahahahha

(Patch – Stoke UK)

MG writes:

Great advice, and the video drives the point home. I guess if one reads their article out loud, perhaps that might make a difference.

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Eamon Greville writes:

Its a fair point but you have to be a little more realistic. People do write articles for a reason – I think sometimes the advice is a tad ‘Ivory Tower` although always interesting!

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Rob and Eamon,

You both drive home a key point, but from opposite ends. Successful article writing and marketing is all about balance. Of finding ways to capitalize on SEO techniques while also bringing value to your readers, credibility to you as an author and clicks to your site.

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 11:37 AM

Russ writes:

Damn Eamon
I was gonna say the exact same thing but I like the way you say it “a tad “Ivory Tower”” beautiful wording wish I woulda thought of it. So ditto on what Eamon says.
But Marc got what you say about balance but the video really doesn’t address the issue of “balance” although I guess it could be said it would be common sense.

I’m not sure what you mean by “Ivory Tower”…

The concept of Ivory Tower from Wikipedia:

From the 19th century it has been used to designate a world or atmosphere where intellectuals engage in pursuits that are disconnected from the practical concerns of everyday life. As such, it usually carries pejorative connotations of a wilful disconnect from the everyday world; esoteric, over-specialized, or even useless research; and academic elitism, if not outright condescension

The video wasn’t designed to address balance.

It was designed to mock and make fun of writers who submit content identical or worse than what our two Editors shared in this video. Instead of telling these writers they are ‘bad’… we’re giving a fun light-spirited way to communicate how not to write.

If you listen closely, you’ll also detect that we were showing that not only do writers submit content that is overly keyword stuffed, but they also SAY NOTHING… ie: They never deliver on the promise made in their title…and the article reads as if it talks in circles without ever getting to the value promised.

Dr. Dorothy writes:

Are inane and banal articles considered to [SAY NOTHING]? It seems EzineArticles favors inane and banal articles since there are thousands and thousands of articles in this category.

Jessica writes:

I love the new beta Member Stats! That information is so helpful. Thank you for all the ways that you help us. This is truly a wonderful resource!

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Shhhh… that’s top secret stuff.

More in early June when we announce the final updated interface for the member stats overhaul in progress.

Elisabeth Kuhn writes:

Was the video supposed to end mid-sentence after about a minute and a half?

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Russ writes:

Yes it was Liz. This was for effect. The point was made in the short minute or so.

Scott LaPlante writes:

Loved the video!

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Penny Krieger writes:

Excellent. Great video!

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 1:15 PM

Emmett writes:

Good video, message loud and clear and no problems with hearing the words at our end. Well done guys.

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 1:15 PM

Penny Krieger writes:

Excellent video and you really brought your point home. I have read a few articles whereby when I thought about what I had just read, it really said nothing so this was a needed, entertaining live demo!

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Erwin Powell writes:

OK, and the same information delivered real world?

I have walked behind young people who talk like that and go from thought to thought with no apparent confusion.

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Dominick writes:

100% true. Write like you talk and not like your sounding like a robot.

example…. How to install a tile floor.

Tile floors are easy to install. Once your TILE is ready to be installed next to your bathroom TILE floor. Pick the right TILE can be hard. Make sure you buy the right color TILE.

The above really makes no sense because I was trying to STUFF the word tile.

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Really funny video.

I bet the practice of reading your articles out loud to someone, or yourself, can really help you see whether they are written in a more conversational manner… or just sound plain silly like the example you two gave.

Loved it.

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Jerry Garaffa writes:

Keywords? Keywords? I try not to use you know too many Keywords.

If the keywords I use are too many keywords then I guess I should try not to use as many keywords.

So the key then is not to stuff articles with keywords.

And I certainly didn’t plagiarize what I just wrote. ;-)

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 1:23 PM

ChrisCD writes:

I know I just recently experienced the problem with re-purposing. I basically had the same info, but presented it in two different formats focusing on different phrases. The second wasn’t unique enough. So my lesson, I can use similar info, but each article should stand on its own and provide value. Honestly, the 2nd doesn’t and deserves the extra nudge for a better re-write.

cd :O)

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Russ writes:

On reading your story I’m think you may have a misunderstanding about what keyword stuffing is as this is what the video is about (not re-purposing stand alone articles).

Edie writes:

Good point. The bottom line, unfortunately, is that keyword stuffing does bring traffic to a site. I’m not sure those who stuff on purpose care how long someone is on their site, they just want to brag about the visitor stats.

I’m glad you are taking a stance on this, and doing what you can to keep the authors honest. This reinforces that EzineArticles is a class act.

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Patch writes:

Pretty funny, but you know what? I do know and hear people who talk like this all the time…Not sure if that is sad or funny, but I digress…..Anyway, I get your point but I fear many may not.
Keep up the great work – this series is sure to be a hit!

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Mike G writes:

Article writing is fun
Article writing is interesting
Article writing has key words .
Article writing has key word rules.
Article writing is for SEO
Article writing conveys a message
Article writing is used to take a stance.
Article writing is used to voice an opinion.
Oh did I mention article writing has key words?
and did I mention article writing has key word
“Successful article writing and marketing is all about balance” oops plagarism!

Great video Thanks!

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Dr. Dorothy writes:

I agree with all your reasons for avoiding keyword stuffing. I have absolutely NO intent to commit the crime of keyword stuffing. Keyword stuffing is difficult to identify when I am writing. I write to teach a concept and to create an opportunity to learn. I use the same word(s) to identify the concept for the ease of reading. People become ‘confused’ if I use different words to identify the same concept that is why I might use the same word and then sometimes I use a word)s) too often, thus, trip the keyword stuffing alarm bells.

I rely on the software to flag my article if I have ‘gone over the limit.’ Is this not a reliable tool? If the software is not a reliable source then, please give me the formula to monitor words.

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Cathy Chapman writes:

Yup! I often have the same problem. Sometimes I just have to give up on the article and start on another. There are certain topics I can’t write about due to this issue.
But I keep writing!

Dr. Dorothy writes:

Hi Cathy: Thanks for sharing your frustration. I am extremely frustrated that if I use a word 5 times in the same article it is considered keywork stuffing. Thinking of another way to identify the concept without confusing the reader is difficult. I think if we all wrote banal and inane articles like thousands of them are, it would be easier, however, it would defeat the purpose of writing for me.

Darlene Norris writes:

Hey ladies, I run into this problem too. It takes me about a half hour to write an article, but then another half hour to make sure I haven’t overused anything that can be construed as a “keyword,” including words that I haven’t even designated as such, since I’ve been flagged for using just about any word more than 5 or 6 times in an article. It’s frustrating, and adds considerably to the time it takes to write an article. This is time that could be spent productively writing another article instead of trying to avoid tripping a “keyword trigger.” As you say, sometimes clarity suffers, too. I am not a keyword stuffer, either!

Martin Security writes:

I hand raised in agreement here!

Write an article targeting the phrase ‘dog chews” and you get flagged for overuse of the word dogs.

You are not hoping to get ranked for ‘dogs’, you would not stand a chance of that and you would not want to rank for that.

So you have to substitute words like mutt, hound, canine etc.

A gripe . . . but i love EzineArticles anyway.

Dr. Dorothy writes:

Darlene: Thanks for adding your voice to my frustration. I agree it takes more time to avoid the keyword Nazis than it does to write an article. Keyword stuffing is deliberate and produces poor quality articles. However, using the same word because it is a definition for a concept, protocol or descriptive word is not keyword stuffing, but the software doesn’t know the difference and we who write legitimate articles get caught in the keyword Nazis’ web. My other ‘rant’ while I am on a role is the thousands of banal and inane articles that are posted – poor grammar, misspelled words, etc. These banal and inane articles are written 60 different ways and pass as a new article. But, if I write an article about cancer and also about lupus and use one protocol that serves both diagnosis, the article is flagged because it doesn’t contain new material/information, therefore, rejected. I have stated my case with no response.

Have a wonderful day all ways always.

If there is a specific issue that you would like to address with us, we will address it privately.

Grammar: There are many variations of the English language and we should be kind to others who have not mastered it or it is not their native tongue. On the flip side, those who cannot write well, should have their work reviewed by a 3rd party for feedback.

Staying on topic, you are allotted 1-2 keywords/keyphrases for every 100 words written. This means that if you write a 500 word article, you can potentially have 5-10 keyphrases which is a high number. Any more than that, your article would read stuffed. 2-3 sentences realistically makes up a 100 words. It’s better to write without keywords in mind. When you write organically, your articles are clear and natural. Readers like simplicity and finding balance is necessary.

Marc Sandefur writes:

Me too. It’s difficult writing when a word can only be repeated once every 100 words. People don’t speak like that either. I’m not going to write like people speak because they use slang, they stutter, they make sounds like ummm, ahhh, and yes they do repeat themselves. Grammar also suffers.

Dr. Dorothy writes:

Grammar!! You bring up one of my frustrations. It seems grammar ceased to be taught after I graduated high school as I see the same grammar and spelling errors from the same age group. I am not saying I am perfect, but, if errors pop out at me, then they are in the grade D range.

Marc Sandefur writes:

My tone was a bit harsh in the above comment. Sorry.

Dan Johnson writes:

Nice video, worked just fine on my computer and I’m running xp. thanks for sharing the info.

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Ingrid Geronimo writes:

This IS dang funny and does get the point across very well. I hope those who are using this practice will come to understand that there are better ways of achieving their goal.

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Helena writes:

Thanks for ‘outting’ keyword stuffing.

As a long time writer and PR practitioner, it disturbed me to see quality content mutated to fit keyword demands.

I am relieved to see a normalization of messages, even though I am cognizant that our language is fluid and ever evolving. This is comment is based on my interest in good writing AND intercultural communication in the larger sense of interests, ages, ‘other Englishes’ and technology.

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 2:01 PM

Being fairly new to all of this, I must admit that I had no idea what keyword stuffing was until I saw this. I completely agree that it is a very bad thing.

I would have never thought about doing something like this and I hope that I never come across an article that utilizes this method.

By the way, I am on Windows 7 and was able to hear the video without problems.

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Raymond writes:

I found it hilarious because I do write about those exact fitness topics the actors spoke of and appreciate how things could get so wrong!

Yet fortunately my articles and others authors I have read so far don’t seem to “keyword stuff”?

Anyhow thanks I do like these types of short and entertaining videos. Hope you will do some more.

P.S The audio quality was fine but I did find it difficult to understand the conversation more as a combination of annunciation exasperated by their accents.

I’m from Australia and I thought I was use to American chat? Anyhow that’s another idea for an article! HaHa

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Pierremarie writes:

It is very enticing to put redundant keywords over and over on your articles. Your articles will not flow if you are conscious about keywords. Just write! The rest will take care of itself.

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Pat Mussieux writes:

Ok – now I get it! What a brilliant way to bring home a point. I wasn’t sure what keyword stuffing was all about – now I get it clearly. Well done!

Thank you for all the good work you do and the training you provide. I, for one, really appreciate it.

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 2:42 PM

Evelyn Gallardo writes:

Thanks for the informative video. Humor always works. This was especially helpful for a newbie like me who’s just learning about using keywords. The sound was fine on FF.

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 2:47 PM

James Apps writes:

Okay, so the conversation was American but by listening I managed to get the point. The lesson seems to be – write an article that is honest, makes sense, is interesting and is not stuffed with keywords. The video conversation was so stuffed that I lost interest in the subject and concentrated on identifying the keywords instead. Fun.

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Donna Patterson writes:

Fantastic article without belaboring the point. I love these series of help topics.

Annunciation was the problem for me. Had to listen a couple times to understand.

Besides that, please keep the series coming. We, the writers, greatly appreciate the effort.

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Clare Kelway writes:

Thanks for highlighting this issue! I agree with Dr Dorothy; I have fallen foul of keyword stuffing myself due to a topic including heading (suggested by EzineArticles) repeating certain words. Now I too use software to check my keyword to ensure I don’t do this. There is a balance. Thanks to EzineArticles, I am learning how to get my point across to my reader using keywords for relevance without over-use. Reading it back aloud is a great suggestion.

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Rudy McCormick writes:

Too Funny, Keyword stuffing has always been bad!! Good content is king, will always be king, and will never be anything but king!!
One time when I was driving to burger king….LOL!!

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Lillian Marie writes:

I’m a Filipino and not a native English speaker (although we speak English at home), so most of my articles are well thought of. I need imagination most of the time on now I’d project topics and issues in my articles. Also, I’m very conscious of good grammar and spelling.

Thank you for sharing this.

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Rocky Torres writes:

For me, real life topics are okay but not always.

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 8:36 PM

Dave Keys writes:

Some people are so pedantic! vitamins belly fat enlarge reduce pharma. v1agra white teeth

That’s why we can’t have nice things.

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Terry Ritschard writes:

First of all I would like to thankyou Penny and the whole team at EzineArticles mag. for all of the quality information that you pass along to us struggling marketers. Next I would like to say I had no problem with the audio on the video, I had to watch it twice inorder to catch the point of keywrds but it was well worth it for the homor involved…Thankyou Tr

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 11:06 PM

adamtaha writes:

Yep. That’s exactly what I feel like when I read some blog posts. Like this one..

“Fitness is a great way to get good at fitness. Because of you get your mindset focusing on fitness, then fitness because so easy as you explore the world of fitness.”

Hahaha. Oh man, I have read stuff like this on some blog. Really destroys the article. My head spinning with “fitness,” and I’m like, “Ok, erm, what gives?”

Great video. That really nailed it for me and got me smiling and laughing too.

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Terry Ritschard writes:

Thankyou for the great information-Penny and the team at EzineArticles make our efforts a lot easier with the information they pass along. Every once in a while a chuckle or two is added in , as in this post. Thankyou…Terry Ritschard

Comment provided May 28, 2010 at 11:12 PM

Paul writes:

This is a great way to make people finally get that there is a reason to publish articles, and just to get some “backlinks” is actually not the best one. I hate when I read an article that is a blatant attempt to filtrate a link with no meat. It feel just like the video. Thanks for the time and effort used for producing this video.

Comment provided May 29, 2010 at 12:26 AM

poch writes:

I can’t believe what I just read. I think EzineArticles should give these authors an ultimatum and ban them if they insist being stubborn. I wouldn’t be surprised if these authors don’t care if they spread malware.

Comment provided May 29, 2010 at 1:48 AM

That was a great way to illustrate your point – when you hear it being spoken you can immediately see how irritating, and downright un-user friendly overuse of keywords is!!
I think the thing to bear in mind is to ask yourself – if I picked up a magazine to read this article would it
a. make sense
b. read well
c. add value to my day (if it’s a topic I’m interested in)

If you can answer yes to those three, then it should avoid the keyword-stuffing trap!

Thanks again

Comment provided May 29, 2010 at 5:17 AM

Obviously, I totally agree with this topic as I think is quite ok to write articles that can only benefit the readers and not just for SEO purposes. So all you folks out there take note…

Comment provided May 29, 2010 at 5:36 AM

This is very good and genuine advice. In fact, by showing us how to avoid people getting bored and aborting reading of our articles, you might even lose revenue from your own ads, so really thanks a lot Chris, great advice.

My only gripe is that the keyword check can be overzealous, especially with a two word phrase that occurs regularly in a niche. Maybe this can be tweaked for future to avoid such “false positives”?

Comment provided May 29, 2010 at 6:09 AM

Melisa writes:

I am fairly new to writing articles. I write much like I speak in conversation. I have a Master Degree in Education so I don’t speak slang and I don’t write it. I also don’t speak keyword rich either. lol. I think newbies tend to write with more simple wording and to the point without the keyword stuffing because we don’t have the knowledge and experience of how much it can increase SEO, increase our viewer numbers, send people to our website, and other benefits. In other words, ignorance is bliss in this case.
Thanks for the cute video. It was informative and it sounded clear to this Southern Georgia girl. The sound quality was fine from my XP on IE. Keep making the videos to help us learn. Even the old pros need reminders sometimes. I appreciated everyone’s comments and I actually learned al great amount just from reading them.

Comment provided May 29, 2010 at 9:59 AM

Carla Gardiner writes:

I am a very literal person, understanding sometimes is an issue for me…well, really the interpretation of what I hear is the issue.

In this case because I am new to writing I wasn’t following the point in the article…but, when I watched the video…I got it!

Point well taken, “we must write like we are in a conversation”, NOT like we want those things called spiders to crawl our article…did I get the point? I’m pretty sure I did.

Comment provided May 29, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Dr. Dorothy writes:

Grammar lesson. [Thank you for all of the people out there that reason like I do, the video helps!]
Correct grammar – Thank you for all of the people who reason like I do, the video helps!

‘out there’ is redundant and hackneyed.
‘Who’ connotes people.
‘that’ connotes things, places, animals, creatures, etc.

John Bonifant writes:

Only two things wrong with this video:

1.Only one of the women was blonde.

2. Neither of the women was wearing a bikini.

Two blonde bimbos woud have helped drive home the point about bimbo articles.

Comment provided May 29, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Dr. Dorothy writes:

Can’t believe this has generated sooo many comments!!!

Comment provided May 30, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Anthony Burke writes:

Great video…also the way we speak and communicate changes over time as we are influenced by what is around us and what we see, hear, feel etc. Language is changing all the time and for me, grammar school educated in England, it is becoming harder and harder to know. In the same way that the Normans changed our language from Anglo Saxon/Celtic the internet is changing the way we speak. Is keyword stuffing part of that?

Comment provided May 31, 2010 at 5:29 AM

Lalitha Brahma writes:

Excellent. A very simple but powerful demonstration through a Video. Thanks

Comment provided May 31, 2010 at 11:04 AM

kay johnson writes:

If the ladies had not talked so fast or had such high voices the skit would have been easier to understand. But it was still good.

Comment provided May 31, 2010 at 2:06 PM

Steve Denning writes:

…thanks for the heads-up. & you’re right, it’s all too lazy (& easy) to pander those keywords like they mean anything beyond a crawler’s ping.

Looking forward to more or your videos. Nothing better than worthy messages from the grounded realm of real life.

Comment provided May 31, 2010 at 2:21 PM

David writes:

Sensible people rarely consciously do keyword stuffing as it has a way it can boomerang. But I think it is a good idea to resound this rules from time to time.

Comment provided May 31, 2010 at 2:32 PM

peteslsspr writes:

I am frustrated with this topic. I am farily new to all of this with 10 articles written and have not practiced keyword stuffing. I believe it is better for my readers and for EzineArticles to write content rich articles but I am not sure how effective it is all the time.

For example, I am selling a very timely book on gold and the economy…I believe anyone with money to invest needs to learn this informaton right now. I mean right now.

My click through rates are quite high as are conversion rates but they are not finding me. How do you drive traffic with these articles when you don’t have the luxury of slowly building a list while writing content rich, keyword light articles?

Comment provided May 31, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Unfortunately, article marketing isn’t a quick process. It takes time to build an article base and hone your writing skills to your specific niche. We typically see both take off at around the 100 article mark.

Sorry I can’t give you better advise than to simply keep writing! :-|

Carl writes:

That’s it, I’m moving to the US. I understood every word the ladies said and got the point of the video straight away.

I’m living in the wrong country – it’s UK accents I don’t get.

Belly fat belly fat belly fat web design web design web design. I enjoyed the vid.

Comment provided June 1, 2010 at 3:56 PM

Please note that we have now added subtitles to the video for everybody who was struggling to understand the Wisconsin accents.

Comment provided June 1, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Very entertaining video! Can the subtitles be translated into Californian? We speak a different language here too. :>

Appreciate your works.

Having lived in Southern California I can relate, Dude! ;-)

I struggled as much with their unique language as they did with my Midwestern accent.

Martin Security writes:

Hey, with the subtitles I now understand that I should write more about marathon belly fat web design. ;0)

But seriously, thanks for the subtitles.

Marc Andre Gaensslen writes:

just got a maybe weird question:

I watched the video and I totally agree that an article written in that fashion should immediately go into the trash bin. But my job is to write articles (in german) and my customers want them SEO friendly with a keyword density between 2-3%.

So this is no keyword stuffing, is it? Where’s the border betewwe an SEO article and a “stuffed” article?

Comment provided June 8, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Tony Lauria writes:

Very funny!

However, people DO talk like this!

Comment provided June 8, 2010 at 2:10 PM

NZmoores writes:

Sarah Palin was deeply impressed with your video, but she would like you to clarify exactly what it was about. Something about website thingees? And turkey stuffing?

Comment provided June 8, 2010 at 7:34 PM

David Brenowitz writes:

I think that if EzineArticles rules say no article stuffing there should be no article stuffing. I definitly think the video was over done as far as the key words. It did not leave anythink positive with me.

Comment provided June 13, 2010 at 9:34 PM

mbtmarts writes:

No problems here. Using FF.

Comment provided June 15, 2010 at 8:56 AM

fivefingers writes:

I’m living in the wrong country – it’s UK accents I don’t get.

Comment provided June 15, 2010 at 8:57 AM

Glad to hear it!

Just an FYI, that’s a Wisconsin accent you’re hearing – it’s different than standard American dialect. Some Americans might take offense to you grouping us all together like that. ;-)

Golf For Life writes:

Great Video. gets right to the point. Did I mention that this was a Great Video.

Comment provided September 22, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Grady Pruitt writes:

Is there going to be more in this series? I’ve loved all four and would love to see more!

Comment provided April 12, 2011 at 11:50 PM

Grady – We plan to make more of these in the future, but right now there are only four in the series.

tv anchor writes:

Thanks for the marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed reading it, you
may be a great author.I will always bookmark your blog and may come back later in life.
I want to encourage you continue your great writing, have a nice weekend!

Comment provided July 25, 2014 at 6:47 AM