5 Tips for getting your articles picked up by ezines, newsletters, blogs, magazines and newspapers.
One of the key components of successful article marketing is maximizing the number of people who read your articles. When more people read your articles, you get more clicks. When you get more clicks, you get more conversions; and conversions equal success. That’s really all there is to it.
There are many ways you can improve your readership, but one of the best (and easiest) ways is to have your article(s) “picked up” and published in another publication. This can be online, like in ezines and on blogs, or in hard-copy, like newspapers and magazines.
In this video, I’m going to give you 5 tips to increasing your articles’ chances of being picked up by another publication. These tips are less about attracting publishers to your articles and more about maximizing your chances of having your article published once they find it.
Just in case you missed one, here are those tips again:
- No Self-Serving Links in the Article Body – Ezine and other online publishers want content and information, not links. Syndicators want a unique perspective on the subject.
- No More than 2 Self-Serving Links in Your Resource Box – For the best chances of massive distribution, limit yourself to only 1 link.
- Keep Your Articles Between 400 and 800 Words – Too short and you won’t be able to convey your information. Too long and the reader may bail on it.
- Make Sure Your Articles are 100% Original – That means you wrote it and own the rights to it. Also, make sure that it’s easy to read.
- Become the Expert in Your Niche – Publishers want to use articles that make them look good.
Got any other tips for getting your articles published? Leave a comment – we’d love to hear them.
Now put these tips to good use and write and submit another set of articles right now, because you never know when one will catch the eye of a publisher and suddenly give you all the benefits of massive distribution!