Submitting articles right from your WordPress interface just got a whole lot easier!
When version 1.0 of the EzineArticles WordPress plugin was unveiled last month, members rejoiced at the opportunity to easily repurpose new and existing blog and website posts right from their WordPress user interface. The resulting influx of excited new users was like beta-testing on steroids!
Our development team quickly realized that version 2.0 needed to come sooner, rather than later.
As soon as the new version was live, we immediately went to work creating the following video to show you how to use it. In this video, I’ll walk you through the simplified installation and activation process as well as the enhanced article submission procedure.
EzineArticles WordPress Plugin v2.0 Features:
- Completely rewritten from the ground up based on our members’ feedback
- Fully supports PHP 4.3+ in addition to 5.x
- Works in all major browsers (Firefox 2+, IE 6+, Chrome, Safari)
- You no longer need to register for an API key – we’ll do it for you right from WordPress
- Built in support and feedback – send requests right from WordPress
- Simplified interface
- Bug fixes for all known issues
Installing the Plugin
- Log into your WordPress interface
- Click on the “Plugins” drop-down menu in the left navigation bar and click on “Add New”
- Type “EzineArticles” into the search field and click the “Search Plugins” button
- Find “EzineArticles WordPress Plugin” in the list of plugins and click on “Install” on the far right
- In the dialogue box that opens click the orange “Install Now” button
- On the next screen, click the “Activate Plugin” text link – a new “EzineArticles” menu will appear in the left navigation bar
- In the “EzineArticles” menu click on “Account”
- Type your EzineArticles member username and password in the appropriate fields. Then click the “Save Settings” button
Submitting an Article
- Write an article/post in WordPress, or use an existing post
- Fill in all the items in the “WP EzineArticles” menu on the right
- Choose the category from the “Category” drop-down menu
- Choose the author name from the “Author” drop-down menu
- Choose the appropriate resource box from the “Resource Box” drop-down menu
- Choose either “Use Excerpt” or “First Two Sentences of Post” from the “Summary” menu by clicking the “Edit” text link
- Choose either “Use Post Tags” or “Use Custom Keywords” from the “Keywords” menu by clicking the “Edit” text link
- Click on the “Validate” button to confirm that your post meets EzineArticles’ submission guidelines – a message box will appear when validation is complete
- Fix any problems listed in the message box and click the “Validate” button again.
- Once validation is successful, click the “Publish” button to publish your post on your blog and/or click the “Submit” button to submit your post as an article to EzineArticles.
If you’re a WordPress user, take a few moments to install or upgrade this plugin. The savings in time and effort will make you very glad that you invested the time!
Then, of course, submit some of your existing and/or new posts as articles today. Then stop back here and leave a comment to let us know what you think of this latest upgrade.