Every month @EzineArticles provides well over 100 useful tidbits of information, fun facts and training – We’ve gathered 30 of the best ones from March right here. Retweet any (or all!) of them to enhance your article writing and marketing efforts.
Just CLICK on to auto-populate your Twitter status field. Then edit for length and retweet to your heart’s content!
EzineArticles Tips and Training Snippets:
- When re-purposing blog content for articles, tweak the language. Articles that say ‘in this blog’ confuse readers.
- The article body and title aren’t the only things that need proof-reading. Check the spelling in your links, too.
- Too many ellipses (…) or dashes (-) in articles distract readers. Use them sparingly and correctly.
- Eliminate wordiness and use words that are familiar and appropriate. Your article should be easy to read and understand.
- Paragraphs should be used to chunk your sentences. This allows your article to be visually and logically appealing.
- Don’t think about the keyword density of your article when writing. It’ll sound more organic if they’re used naturally.
EzineArticles Fun Facts:
- Fun Fact: 52% of our 3,500+ Facebook Fans are female, but in the first week of March, 81% of interactions were female.
- Fun Fact: Based on EzineArticles counts, ‘weddings’ are 3x more important than ‘marriage,’ which explains a lot, really. ;-)
- Fact: Readers feel more confident that info provided in your articles is correct and valuable if the grammar is clear.
- #HAHD Fun Fact: 92 members submitted 100 or more articles each in February. If they can do it, you can do it!
- Fact: ‘Evergreen‘ content will draw traffic forever; dated material is obsolete as soon as something new comes along.
- Fact: Readers have very short attention spans. Make sure they see quality content and value in your article right away.
EzineArticles Inside Information:
- Alexa rank: 122 yesterday, 130 is the current 3 month avg. Hope to be in the top 100 sites worldwide by year-end. Posted 3/3.
- Did you see the new social media syndication links below the article? Good adoption so far by our users.
- @EzineArticles is celebrating 50,000+ twitter friends/followers as of last month. Woo Hoo! Quite honored & humbled. :-)
- We’ve added 5 new EzineArticles Cartoon Mugs to our online store. Go check ’em out! http://is.gd/aa6Ny
- Our FaceBook Fan Page has moved to a new URL – http://www.facebook.com/EZINEARTICLES
- You on FaceBook? Include your #FB profile within your #EzineArticles profile! http://is.gd/bbAjC [quick video how-to]
- RT: @MariSmith: Wowza!! One of the BEST Facebook Fan Page makeovers I’ve seen!! @EzineArticles http://is.gd/8AbvO
- If you’re bored writing your content, odds are your readers are too. Spice it up! Research fresh ideas and perspectives.
- The best way to improve your writing skills is to write! Learn from mistakes. Repeat successes. Practice makes perfect!
- Perseverance is key. If you stop writing articles, you’ll stop drawing new traffic. Push through and keep on writing!
- Like any other skill, writing articles takes practice. The only way to practice is to do. So write!
- Don’t give up! Just write one article and then another and then another. Then do it again. (via @JudyHWright)
Misc. Words of Wisdom:
- Information overload will make readers click away. If your article is very dense, split it into multiple articles.
- “If 1 person is interested in the answers you can provide, maybe 100 other people are too.” (via @JudyHWright)
- When choosing article keywords, appeal to both search engines and human readers. You need both for your article to succeed.
- Articles that use headings, paragraphs and lists rather than large blocks of text do better at keeping the reader’s attention.
- Finding the quality/quantity balance is one of the hardest parts of article marketing. Develop a system and keep with it!
- Your competition is one of your most valuable resources. Watch what they’re doing and learn from their successes.
Have you got a Twitter question? Post it here to get some answers.