Get Ready – #HAHD 4 Starts May 1st!

Are you ready? Because the 4th “100 Articles in 100 Days Marathon Challenge” (#HAHD) begins in just 2 days!

TO QUALIFY:* You’ll need to sign up and submit at least 100 qualifying articles of 400 words or more anytime between 12:01AM CT-US Saturday, May 1st and 11:59PM CT-US Sunday, August 8th. Once those 100 articles are approved, you’re qualified!

Sound too easy? Then you’re going to like the new Personal Goal progress bar that allows you to set and track your own personal article goal above and beyond the 100 articles needed to qualify for the normal #HAHD.

If that’s still not enough of a challenge for you, we’ve also upped the ante this time by adding a Double #HAHD Challenge! Write an additional 100 articles (200 total) in the same time frame and we’ll reward you with a leather-bound EzineArticles journal and pen!

QUALIFICATION PRIZES:

• All Qualifiers Receive:

1. Downloadable #HAHD Certificate of Achievement (frame not included)
    2. Original Limited-Edition EzineArticles #HAHD Trophy Mug
    3. Limited-Edition EzineArticles #HAHD Mouse Pad
    4. Limited-Edition EzineArticles #HAHD Canvas Tote Bag
    5. Limited-Edition EzineArticles Motivational Wall Clock
  • Double #HAHD Challenge Prizes (Click on image to see a larger photo):
    1. EzineArticles Leather-Bound Journal
    2. EzineArticles Premium Pen
  • Added Bonus:
    The top 100 members for total number of approved submissions will also qualify to be selected for 1 of 10 FREE 1-year EzineArticles Premium Membership subscriptions valued at $697 each!

Registration has already begun! Check out the left navigation bar on your Member’s Area Home page for the sign-up link.

Looking for a little additional inspiration and motivation? Invest a few minutes checking out “What is the Point of Doing the EzineArticles Challenge?” by Matt Lenzie for an insightful look at the benefits of undertaking and completing an #HAHD challenge.

For More Information:

Are YOU planning to take the #HAHD 4 Challenge? If so, let the rest of the article writing and marketing world know by leaving a comment below. Then really solidify your plans by tweeting your intentions, too (don’t forget the #HAHD) – or click [here] to let us write your tweet for you!

Your dedication to article writing and marketing begins today by publicly pledging your commitment to complete the #HAHD 4 challenge.

* The Fine Print:

1. To qualify, all articles must be submitted under the same author name. Articles from multiple author names may not be combined. Members may qualify multiple times under multiple author names.
  2. Participants are required to sign-up for this challenge prior to its completion on August 8th.
  3. Qualification is based on submission date, not approval date, of articles. However, articles must inevitably be approved to qualify.
  4. Prizes will be shipped to anywhere in the world via USPS to the postal mailing address listed in the member profile and to verifiable postal mailing addresses ONLY.

Dave Saunders writes:

I’m in!

Comment provided April 29, 2010 at 10:37 AM

Rosie Sanders writes:

Count me in as well! This time, I’m going to make it :)

Comment provided April 29, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Keith writes:

200 was already my personal target! I’ve been researching plenty of good article titles and am ready for the off.

My goodies from HAHD 3 arrived today – many thanks.

Comment provided April 29, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Gaurav Barot writes:

All my fingers and my computer keys are ready….Just blow the whistle!

Comment provided April 29, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Marte writes:

my cartoon mug arrived today. Thank you!

And I’ve already said I’m in for HAHD #4 – Not sure how I can accomplish 200 articles in 100 days, but I’m sure going to give it whirl.

Comment provided April 29, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Smit writes:

can some explaim me the
Double #HAHD Challenge Prizes pls.

does it mean, if I submite 200 article I will receve 2 extra goods (pen + notebook)

Comment provided April 29, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Yes, write an additional 100 articles (200 total) in the same time frame and we’ll reward you with a leather-bound EzineArticles journal and pen!

Lisa writes:

OMG I am so excited about the new prizes, especially the tote and journal. Of course, that clock would look great in my office as well. Better get to writing!

Comment provided April 29, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Lisa writes:

PS- to tech team, the Twitter links never work for me on the blogs. I can Facebook, Stumble, etc. but when I try to tweet, it says “that page does not exist”. I use HootSuite to Tweet it instead. Feel free to contact me if you want specifics on the error. Thx!

Comment provided April 29, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the heads up :) We have fixed the twitter share link.

Lisa writes:

Yay! Just tested and it’s working great now. Thanks :)

Thanks for the challenge, but I don’t think I will be up to it.

I have set my own target of 2 articles per week for next 12 months. Now the pressure is really on.

Good luck to all you article writers!

Comment provided April 29, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Jan writes:

OK, I’ve picked up and dusted off my dummy and now I challenge myself to make up those articles that I didn’t do in the last challenge and now have to add them to my numbers for this one. So, I’m in….

BTW, those prizes look great :-)

Comment provided April 29, 2010 at 5:35 PM

Reuben Linden writes:

I am absolutely, POSITIVELY going to make amends for not completing the 3rd HAHD.

200 Articles it is, I WILL achieve this goal!

Good luck to all entrants!

Reuben.

Comment provided April 29, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Riz writes:

Hey

I am ready to shoot off!!!

Meanwhile…did everyone receive the confirmation about the HAHD Challenge # 3 for the prizes? I havent got yet!!:(

Let me know…

200 is my target this time of course!! Aiming at the stylish Pen!!

Comment provided April 29, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Angela Linton writes:

I will also be taking up this 4th #HAHD Challenge. I received the gifts for the 3rd one, earlier this week and I took some photos of them. I will appreciate it if you will take a look at them.

Thanks Christopher Knight and the entire Ezine Article Team for the gifts and the tremendous support you have been offering.

Comment provided April 30, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Tyler writes:

There’s a big flaw in the submission process. I just submitted my articles and the dialog box saying it will be reviwed in the next 48 hours come. After clicking on ok, i’m taken to submit another article. When I go to the homepage, I find all of the submitted articles missing. It’s not in draft nor in pending articles. Chris, you;ve got to get your team to work on the management system. What if my articles are added to someone else’s account? You have been diverting too much focus towards article approvals and have failed to address some root problems which are very dangerous…

Comment provided April 30, 2010 at 12:24 AM

Tyler writes:

When I try resubmit, it tells another article by this name exists already. And then I reload and go the main page, I find the article pending. You’ve gotta correct this problem. There are many newbies who will be frustrated with this…

And it’s taken me twenty minutes to write 3 articles and 40 minutes to submit them…

Comment provided April 30, 2010 at 12:27 AM

Tyler,

This issue is specific to duplicate content. Our systems will block a duplicate article from passing. Perhaps you submitted the article before? I assure you, the articles are not being added to someone else’s account.

** What author name is associated with your account and I will take a look.

Tyler writes:

Problem solved. The articles weren’t duplicate. Completely unique. Now it all comes properly. I deleted the caches and cookies and I see it all properly.

There could be a flaw on my end. When I logged in once, it shows last log in was two hours ago and the next time, I log out login it shows about twelve hours ago. Don’t know what’s wrong with this.

And moreover, I noticed yesterdays approved articles in the pending category at that time. But it’s perfect now and the articles are seen. My author name is Russell Mulligan(a new pen name for the challenge).

And anyway, if it was duplicate the EzineArticles says the article appears too similar to so and so article stuff.

The flaw I wanted to let you guys know is that (Private). I don’t want to let you know on this blog as it could make other dirty users use it to their advantage. If I could get your contact info, I will tell you how it works.
This could make a guy with a normal account have access to mine, yours and Chris Knight’s articles.

Tyler writes:

gearing up for the challenge. Just finished 25 articles today. A few went over 400 and most didn’t. But I’m working on adding more tips and techniques to my articles. With that boost, I’ll be doing a natural 400.

Highest in one day for me…

And the problems weren’t with that name. It was with Neal Rogers/ Tyler DeAngelo. Sorry for the inconvenience…

Hi Tyler,

I sent you a private email.

Raj writes:

I got the gifts for the 3rd HAHD yesterday. Thanks a lot and they are great :)

I have also ordered the cartoon mug and still awaiting its arrival.

I have set 200 articles goal for each of my two pen names. I am just waiting to get started.

Good Luck to you all who are entering this challenge!

Comment provided April 30, 2010 at 1:46 AM

Riz writes:

Yes even I ordered for the cartoon mug..but still havent got the gifts for 3rd HAHD …

do we get any confirmation email on this? I have got the certificate but is there any more confirmations that we will be receiving?

Comment provided April 30, 2010 at 1:53 AM

Riz,

We’ve sent thousands of packages all over the world. In the process we’ve learned that there are two countries who are notoriously slow delivering the mail to their citizens … yours happens to be one of those two. :(

Your package will hopefully be arriving soon.

Riz writes:

Thanks a lot Marc for the reply and I am eagerly waiting for the goodies to reach me!

Once again thanks for the 4th HAHD which is simply fantabulous!

Ty Lamai writes:

Hi Marc, since I am also still awaiting my gifts from the #HAHD 3, I guess my country is also one of those notoriously slow in delivering stuff right?

Although this is a first as I have received many parcels before without delay, although not from EzineArticles. At this rate, the gifts for the current #HAHD 4 will get to me in December!

Ty – Unfortunately you do indeed live in one of those countries. Slow delivery, or no delivery at all, is the norm. :( I hope your package arrives soon.

Ty Lamai writes:

Hi Marc,

Just for the RECORD!!!

I got my #HAHD3 package today!!!

Sorry if I am shouting but I am REALLY excited!

Thanks to you guys.

Now I can focus on completing my #HAHD4 target. I have already written 143 article (submitted 70, 3 yet to be approved)! I have a personal goal of 200 (because I need to organizer!).

Anyways, thanks.

Is it just me, or are you guys “stricter” with the article approval?

Regards,

Ty

Well done Ty. That is awesome! Any tips for those who are only at article #48 and absolutely exhausted! Do you do this full time? I write part time and it’s a real slog.

Ty Lamai writes:

Hi very tired writer…

Can I be myself (direct)? Yes? Okay, here goes;

1. I do this “FullPartTime”. Doesn’t make sense right? Well, let me explain…

I live in a country where the power supply is nearly non-existent. So, even though I am a full time internet marketer, I am mostly forced to work the same hours as part time IM’ers like your humble self.

2. Yes I have a few tips;

(a) Stop calling yourself “very tired writer” – I believe that there is power in names; what you call yourself, you will eventually become (I hope I am not sounding too morbid?).

(b) 48 articles is really impressive! Forget about my results, focus on yours; what you’ve done here in amazing and you can do more!

If you think what I do is impressive, check out a mentor of mine Sean Mize, he does like 800 articles monthly! Granted, most are outsourced, but I learnt a valuable lesson from him…

(c) You can write 10 articles daily (he does that in like 2 – 3 hours) and these are HIGH QUALITY articles!

I do about 10 articles daily but some days I can’t due to the power supply situation, but I don’t let it get me down! I trudge on. You can too. It is not really difficult…

See, I do about an article in 30 minutes. So that is 2 articles and hour. If I work for 5 hours, that is 10 articles. Some times I break after 3 hours and continue later for another 2 hours – for me, that is all I need. BUT;

A very important BUT…I did not start there! Grow gradually. Pace yourself. Set a target. Pursue it. I also used to work for someone else before, but now I don’t. I did not start here.

For now, I do not outsource my writing, maybe in the near future, but for now, I can do all due to a great time planning skill.

For example, it is costing me almost “an article” to reply your comment, but I know that I will gain more for helping out (at least trying to) than ignoring your comment and writing an article.

(d) You can also help your situation by writing on different topics (keywords). Research other topics and write on them. That way, you will not become bored and your writing will not become something of a drudgery.

Okay, I think I have said enough! Sorry if I have droned on too much but I think this might help more than a few people too.

Let me know if it helped…and if ever you change your name, let me know too okay?

Regards,

Ty

Hi Ty

Thank you thank you thank you for using up valuable article writing (and power supply) time in order to reply. I am truly grateful. I can’t tell you how much your words and advice mean to me. 48 articles (now 52 and counting) seemed lame, but now you mention it and I look upon it objectively, it’s pretty darn impressive.

Wow you are a fulltime (fullparttime) internet marketer. Awesome. Think I want to head in this direction

Honestly, I feel refreshed and inspired. You’re absolutely spot on with your comments. Going to reach 10 quality articles a day and beyond, be positive, believe…

Ty Lamai writes:

The Super Energetic Writing Powerhousecr! Wow! You are already there I tell you.

You have the posture required to excel at article marketing. You have shown that you are prepared to change whatever is necessary to achieve your desires.

Well done. Now let us go ahead and write qualitative articles that will make the internet the “to go to” place for reliable information!

Regards,

Ty

I’m on it!! Thanks again

Ty,

EXCELLENT! Glad to hear it finally arrived!

You’re very observant – we are indeed getting stricter with our requirements. As we continue to grow, you can expect more of that kind of fine-tuning in our Editorial Guidelines. The desired end-result is higher quality articles. :)

Kate Boswell writes:

I can hardly wait to win the tote bag and coffee mug especially.
I am excited about using this as a motivation to get in the writing habit.
My articles will be about coping with anxiety and stress, and about coping with acoustic neuroma brain tumors.

Comment provided April 30, 2010 at 2:25 AM

Mah writes:

Oh, this is soooo exciting . I just got my HAHD 3 goodies and now I am all geared up for the next challenge. I love the look of that journal and pen and will work towards winning at least one set of these Double HAHD gifts too. My hubby just loves pens .. no better gift than a smart looking pen for him. I am sooo fired up :D :D

Comment provided April 30, 2010 at 3:22 AM

Leeann writes:

I’m in! my first 100 article challenge! Wish me luck everyone, this is my first time!

Comment provided April 30, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Marte writes:

OK – I give up. Where do you go to set your personal goal?

Comment provided April 30, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Marte,

You have the ability to do this once you sign-up. You’ll notice a field where you can enter it and a green box that says, “Add Goal”.

Lisa writes:

I must have missed that on sign up too. Is there no way to add your personal goal after sign up?

Marte writes:

Well, it appears that I’m already signed up, because when I click on “sign up” it only offers me my alternative author names. The sidebar shows the challenge and the Marte Cliff name and the little progress bar.

But I’m not seeing any green box. Perhaps I’m blind.

Comment provided April 30, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Maggie Dawson writes:

Sure wish they didn’t have to be 400 words :) I got pretty close to making it on the last challenge on 400-word articles, but a lot of mine are 350-400.

Sadly :'(
Maggie

P.S. Just kidding, I don’t care. The traffic I’m getting from my articles is more than enough reward.

Comment provided April 30, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Riz writes:

Hi

I find that “India” is not there in the country list….Why Marc?

Please explain.
Riz

Comment provided April 30, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Mah writes:

What country list are you talking of, Riz?

Riz writes:

Also let me know..if I want to change the address what should I be doing? As automatically the country was selected something else.

Do help

Comment provided April 30, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Tammie writes:

I ready for the 4th @EzineArticles #HAHD Marathon Challenge beginning May 1st! I am writing my first article as I leave this comment:) I want to wish everyone who has signed up for this challenge good luck and blessings. I know we can accomplish this easily and have fun while we do it:)

Comment provided May 1, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Susan writes:

Another challenge! I love the mugs so I’m in…

Comment provided May 1, 2010 at 10:48 AM

I ready for the next challenge!

Comment provided May 1, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Riz writes:

Yes Mah..the country list which comes when you sign up for the challenge. You can find the address box named :”Country”.

I dont find India in the list. Please do let me know…but in the profile column..the address is given correctly as India.

do help

Comment provided May 1, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Mah writes:

Yes Riz, you are right .. I did not notice that . Maybe it was so last time also … but I got my gifts all right.

Also, I did not get to set any personal goals ! All I could do was add the authors and click on “verify and sign up”. That’s it .

Jake Weston writes:

I’m in. I just hope I can think of enough stuff to say;).

Jake

Comment provided May 1, 2010 at 11:58 AM

DrValerie writes:

I am SO in! Got my eyes on that leather journal and pen too…

Comment provided May 1, 2010 at 12:10 PM

pakpub writes:

I am signed up for the challenge.

Comment provided May 1, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Tom writes:

OK (gulp!), I’m in…

Comment provided May 1, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Riz writes:

This is to the concerned…

To which address will the post be delivered..as I am shifting soon in another one month..I would like to change the address..so by changing the address in the main profile page..will this reflect on the signed up 4th HAHD Writer option also?

Please do let me know
Riz

Comment provided May 1, 2010 at 2:08 PM

Riz,

We will mail the prizes to the address in your Member Profile at the end of the challenge. Just make certain that always remains current.

great gifts, might just be the inspiration that i need

Comment provided May 1, 2010 at 2:08 PM

Elisabeth Kuhn writes:

Yay! Great new challenge! And I too love the new premiums!

I’m especially looking forward to the Wall Clock! And of course the tote and the mug…

And the leather journal and pen look awfully nice, so maybe I’m going to take a shot at the 200 level… though it’lll be a stretch…

And that will hopefully put me in the running for the free Premium membership too!

Speaking of which.. I have a question:

It says the Author with the overall most articles will be eligible for the drawing.

Does that mean per AUTHOR (i.e., including all the pen names) or per NAME?

Thanks!

Comment provided May 1, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Elisabeth,

That would be per Member, not per author.

So to clarify: Even if you, as a Member, qualify for #HAHD with 4 authors, your name will only appear once on the list of potential Premium recipients. You have the same odds as any other qualifying Member.

Elisabeth Kuhn writes:

Thanks for the clarification, Marc. Looks like I should have said Member instead of “Author.”

So, just to make sure I have the math right:

If one Member, i.e., me, were to write 200 articles under my own name (to get the leather bound journal), and another 100 articles each under two of my pen names, that would count as 400 articles total for the purpose of being in the running for the top 100 submitters of articles, who then qualify for the Premium memberships. Is that right?

Thanks!

Yes and no.

Your top author’s 200 articles would almost certainly put you in the top 100 (in #HAHD 3 the magic cut-off point was 114 articles. Only 30 authors submitted more than 200 articles) easily. Your top author determines the human being’s position in the top 100. And the articles would NOT be added together.

So you’re faced with a tough choice – multiple prize packages or stuff the ballot box for Top 100. Just keep in mind that stuffing the ballot box gives you no real advantage.

Darwin writes:

I’m in!

Comment provided May 1, 2010 at 7:53 PM

amber writes:

I’m in. Talk about a great motivator to get those articles written!

Comment provided May 2, 2010 at 1:13 AM

Fredie writes:

Good luck to all the participants… I wish you well… “May the Muse be with you!”

Comment provided May 2, 2010 at 4:52 AM

Sheeba Benjamin writes:

I am ready for the 4th @EzineArticles #HAHD Marathon Challenge beginning May 1st! This is a great motivator.

Comment provided May 2, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Elisabeth Kuhn writes:

I just noticed that the option to set a personal goal has disappeared from my author’s area! I was just going to set one.

What happened to it? Any chance to have that reappear? And once I set a personal goal, could there be a way to modify it?

That would be great!

Thanks!

Comment provided May 2, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Lisa writes:

I asked about this as well. I don’t seem to have the option as Penny had described to someone else’s post and I am also wondering if it can now be added, and if it is editable once added.

Elisabeth,

It appears you have a personal goal set already. Once the goal has been set you cannot modify it.

Lisa,

Once the goal has been set it cannot be changed.

Lisa writes:

Thanks! At first I wasn’t showing the option but a couple days into the challenge, when I logged in, it was there so I set one. I really love how it all looks in the account settings. Good job development team!

Riz writes:

i just got my set of goodies and thanks a lot for those!! My kids have taken up the beach ball as part of their gift in making me achieve this!!

Thanks a lot…and waiting for more of HAHD # 4

Comment provided May 3, 2010 at 5:09 AM

Any Runners in the house?

I quietly kicked off a personal 100 Miles in 100 Days challenge that coincides with #HAHD4:

All you need is a Nike+ transmitter thingy that costs about $29 to participate:

Comment provided May 3, 2010 at 7:55 AM

Maggie Dawson writes:

Is there a way to do this without either buying the armband or a Nano? I can’t see a way to buy the gizmo without one of those two things.

Angela Linton writes:

I received the cartoon mug for the Mini Challenge today.

Here is a picture of it as I rush off to do some writing.

Thanks a lot and all the best to the runners out there.

Comment provided May 3, 2010 at 3:49 PM

Count me in – I joined the last challenge part way through and didn’t quite make the grade. I’m going to try and see how close I can get to 200 articles as I really want that journal ;)

Comment provided May 4, 2010 at 3:43 AM

Wendy Davie writes:

I am excited about doing this and hope to beat my goal of 150

Comment provided May 4, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Angela Linton writes:

Thanks EzineArticles Team, for mentioning me on Twitter, I appreciate it.

Comment provided May 5, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Mah writes:

I have set my personal goal as 200 articles, so does that mean if I am only able to do 110 articles in the time span specified, I will not get the goodies ?? :(

Comment provided May 6, 2010 at 11:36 AM

Not at all! :) Your personal goal is for your own use – it doesn’t affect the prizes in any way.

If you submit 110 qualified articles in time, you’ll get the prizes!

Charlene writes:

I’m in! Going for the 200 cause I want the journal, lol

Comment provided May 9, 2010 at 8:34 PM

Amie Sugat writes:

I need clarification on something. this will be my first HAHD challenge.

It says same author name, does this mean that some people use different author names in one account and then multiple pen names for each author name? or does author name mean pen name?

I want to do the 200 but want 100 of those articles to direct traffic to my blog and 100 to direct traffic to a friends blog (and don’t want my name on the 2nd set of 100 articles.)

or do both sets of 100 need to go to one name and therefore one site?

Comment provided May 10, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Amie,

We only allow 1 member account per human being – we call those human beings “Members”. However, you can have multiple pen names or authors within each account – we refer to those as “Author Names”.

For the sake of the #HAHD challenge, you cannot combine the articles from 1 author name with those of another author name. So in the scenario you outlined above, you (the member) would qualify twice for the #HAHD Challenge – once for each author name – and receive two prize packages. You would NOT, however, receive the pen and leather-bound journal.

Comment provided May 10, 2010 at 4:29 PM

DeAnna Troupe writes:

Count me in this time! Last time I found out too late, plus my baby girl wasn’t sleeping as good as she is now.

Comment provided May 16, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Chantal Debrosse writes:

I am definitely in. This challenge is exciting!

Comment provided May 17, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Henrik Blunck writes:

I’m in. Have already completed over 80 articles, so I might go for the 200 mark.

Thanks for a nice challenge. :-)

Comment provided May 20, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Kay writes:

I submit articles for some of my clients and will want to know if I can create pen names for them under my main account and submit 100 articles each under these pen names and whether they will be entitled to each receive these HAHD awards sent to their respective home addresses.

Comment provided May 25, 2010 at 12:51 AM

Yes and no.

Yes, you can create individual pen names under your account for each of your clients. You can then submit 100 articles under each pen name and receive multiple prize packages.

No, they cannot be sent to different addresses, mainly because of the increased cost and coordination it would require. For multiple pen name qualifiers, we box up all of the items in one big box and send that one box to the Member’s primary address.

However, feel free to send those items to each of your clients as you see fit – maybe take advantage of the opportunity to include a personalized thank you note for being your client. :)

Marc,
Thanks – this is really good advice, esp. the personalized thank-you note bit. Corporate courtesy wins lots more repeat business which spells easy business success as compared to looking for new clients for sustaining business.

By integrating one’s HAHD 4’s contributions with article marketing projects for clients under a separate author name, a professional writer can avail dual benefits as an ezine member:

1) Enjoy higher value for original content creation & submissions made during the contest, thanks to the massive backlinking 200 or more qualifying articles will yield – resulting in increased top quality free website traffic for their own website/blog promotion

and

2) Gaining client appreciation for offering solutions not just services, for article marketing using an already popular online platform while an ezine member stays on track – and duly motivated – to continue making consistent quality HAHD 4 submissions.

I am in it, the challenge is a nice one. I am not just meeting my target of 200 articles, i am ruling the world with this challenge – i am taking the bacon home.

Comment provided May 25, 2010 at 1:34 AM

Raj writes:

Hi Marc,

I have a question or maybe a doubt which I would request you to clarify.

Is there any limit to the number of articles that an author is allowed to publish under each pen name, say per month? Not necessarily for HAHD but even otherwise also.

For example, theoretically, if someone wishes to publish, say, 1000 articles per month under any pen name, is that allowed?

Of course, it goes without saying that the articles should all be unique, must add value to the EzineArticles visitors and the articles should be of high quality.

Kindly advice.
Thanks
Raj

Comment provided May 25, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Raj, there’s no limit at all to the number of high-quality, original articles you can submit, provided you are a Platinum level member.

Raj writes:

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, I am a Platinum level author :)

Gemma writes:

I signed up this morning. Feeling bullish and with an eye on the leather journal so set personal goal at 210. I have just written 4 articles on topics that I had researched and planned out extensively beforehand. It has taken me hours and I am thoroughly exhausted. I hope I can better and faster!! I guess that’s partly the point of this exercise! Most of the summer blockbusters and series like Lost and 24 have finished for the season so no excuses!!

Comment provided May 30, 2010 at 6:01 AM

Robert Barnard writes:

Dear Management,
Personally, I think it is not fair that you will accept into your system 250 word articles for your site but not give credit to those who are writing them for the contest if they are less than 400 words.

After all, we are still writing the article just like everyone else and you are benefiting financially from them on your site. So, if they are good enough for that then we should earn credit for the contest as well.

Another idea is get rid of the word limit per article and instead make it a 40,000 word contest which is the same as 400 words for 100 articles.

This way everyone gets credit regardless of how many words are per article. Also, for those that make it to 40,000 words they get the same prizes as the 100 articles (400 words each) folk.

If a person hits 80,000 words that is the same as 200 articles at 400 words each.

So, then all of the people that are writing from 250 word to 399 word articles are getting to be in it as well (and not getting the shaft) and you are still benefiting from all of the content being written for your site.

Robert Barnard

Comment provided June 11, 2010 at 2:24 AM

Hi Robert,

It’s a very rare author who can write/submit a high volume of high quality unique original articles in the 250-399 range…

So rare, that we almost considered raising the base minimum to 400 words for everyone regardless as to whether a writing challenge is underway.

The #HAHD challenge isn’t feasible if the articles are under 399 words.

Let me be clear: It’s not that we’re not appreciative of members who submit <400 word articles (because we still are)… but rather, we want to encourage members to aim for the 400+ range with the sweet spot being 400-800 words/article.

Comment provided June 12, 2010 at 8:16 PM

DeAnna Troupe writes:

If you want more high quality articles, you should do a revenue sharing program with authors. Just a suggestion.

Comment provided June 12, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Aashish writes:

Hi,
I’ve reached the maximum article submission limit. Request you to please look into this matter and extend my membership to the next level and enable me to complete my article submission marathon.

I’ve already filled the contact form through my member area, but there is no response. Hence commenting here.

Thanks,
Aashish

Comment provided July 7, 2010 at 11:30 AM

We will look into this and contact you privately.

coachgrazina writes:

late and determined :o)

Comment provided July 25, 2010 at 11:14 PM

haze writes:

i went to log into my account, sabrina werles, and it said account and password not correct. i finally got my 100 articles done. what happened? i emailed you, but i don’t know whats going on. PLEASE help!

Comment provided July 26, 2010 at 6:01 AM

I will have Member Support contact you privately on this matter.

haze writes:

I can’t believe how great you guys (and gals) are! I screwed up majorly, and am very very grateful for the help that I was given. The support was faster than I have ever saw, even when you all are so busy.

Thanks again for saving me – I FINALLY got one of these challenges completed!

DeAnna Troupe writes:

Alas school started earlier than I expected it to and it derailed me from completing this one. I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled for the next one while continuing to submit my one daily article.

Comment provided August 9, 2010 at 8:31 AM

rubeina writes:

When’s the fifth challenge starting? :) Congrats to everyone who made it.

Comment provided August 15, 2010 at 3:26 AM

Rubeina – #HAHD 5 starts September 23rd.

Ty Lamai writes:

Hi Marc,

I would like to inquire about my Double #HAHD Challenge Prizes:

1. EzineArticles Leather-Bound Journal
2. EzineArticles Premium Pen

The reason for this is because I have received the Normal Prizes but am yet to receive the Double #HAHD Challenge Prizes.

Are they shipped differently? Should I keep expecting them or what?

I qualified by getting over 200 articles submitted and approved before the deadline.

Please help clarify this issue for me.

Thanks in anticipation of your usual speedy response.

Sincerely,

Ty

Comment provided October 25, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Ty,

We’ll look into this and reply to you privately via email.

Donna writes:

100 qualifying articles of 400 words is a lot of work, but the 100 Days Marathon Challenge is a fabulous motivator and great way to really fine tune article writing skills.

Comment provided July 25, 2012 at 10:24 PM