Get Into YOUR Article Writing Zone

7 tips for changing your mindset and becoming an article writing machine.

In a recent video, I talked about how to write more articles in less time using article sets. One key component of the article set strategy is to leverage the power of “The Zone” – that hyper-productive state of mind we all occasionally experience – to write multiple articles in a single writing session.

The downside of this strategy, however, is that you have to be in “The Zone” to take advantage of it. Wouldn’t it be great if you could put yourself into that state of mind more often … ideally every time you sit down to write? Just think of the incredible boost you’d get in productivity!

That’s what this video is all about – putting yourself in “The Zone” more often. In the video, I’ll share 7 sure-fire tips to help you get into your personal writing zone.

Downloadable Versions:
WMV Format MOV Format MV4 Format MP3 Format

This concept isn’t a new one – as a matter of fact Chris Knight originally shared it with the world in his article Article Writing Strategies To Get Into Zen Flow – but the impact that getting into “The Zone” can have on your article writing and marketing success is so HUGE that it bears repeating. Most successful article marketers agree that the more you write, the larger your impact – and they’re right! Having the right mindset every time you sit down to write is the ideal catalyst for creating more high-quality articles in a lot less time.

So if you haven’t already done so, take 5 minutes to watch this video or check out Chris’ article. It could be one of the best things you’ll ever do to drastically increase your article writing productivity.

When you’re finished, I’d suggest you immediately put your new-found skills into practice (while the concepts are still fresh in your mind) by creating YOUR article writing zone. Then write and submit a new set of high-quality, original articles.

Do you have any other tips for putting yourself into “The Zone?” Please leave a comment and share them with the rest of us.

Herman writes:

I just stepped out of my zone to read this post. I find the best time to write is first thing in the morning before doing any other task. It gives me a great sense of accomplishment knowing the article will be endlessly generating traffic once published. The other best writing time is after exercising (e.g. running or biking)..it clears my mind, gets the heart pumping and am re-energized.

Comment provided March 24, 2010 at 10:07 AM

Great tips Marc, Thanks. I find it helpful to do searches on the article keywords, this helps trigger ideas when I am drawing a blank

Comment provided March 24, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Keith writes:

I love your suggested title tool for getting me writing! Type in a keyword for one of my websites, grab 5 titles and then I just don’t stop.

But I quite often find that the article doesn’t match the title, which is great. Submit that article under a more accurate title and start again!

I like to write in front of the TV (well, there’s never anything to watch at night!). Listening to the TV there are sometimes interesting phrases, that will fit straight into the article. One of those strange types of moments!

Once I get going I can be writing ideas for hours and really enjoying it.

Comment provided March 24, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Ankit writes:

Great Tips, Marc.
Well, I have a snap of them. :)

Comment provided March 24, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Thanks for the photo, Ankit – not exactly one of my most flattering poses. ;-) We often joke that video is nothing more than a collection of funny faces. Thanks for providing some proof.

Lisa writes:

Great stuff, as usual. This blog is my number one resource for finding great article ideas!

Comment provided March 24, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Emily Erickson-Sandstrom writes:

Excellent material. Great suggestions.
Once I get the idea, I sit down and write even during the day with distractions, but late at night is best. The muse is associated with midnight for me.

Comment provided March 24, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Very interesting about ‘entering the zone’

Some people do find they write better at a certain time of day, often late at night.

This is connected with how our brainwaves create certain creative states of mind when relaxed.

Often when we are winding down at night we enter these creative states.

Thankyou for these tips they are most helpful.

David

Comment provided March 24, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Vicky writes:

To get in the zone, I make sure there’s coffee and protein shakes to hand, and set an alarm for one hours time.
Once I’ve done one hour of ‘forced’ productivity and can see some progress, I’m motivated to naturally do more :o)

Comment provided March 24, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Lisa Angelettie writes:

Fantastic tips!

I get into the zone when I have a Pepsi, some chips, and a music on that I can sing to. I get into the zone when I’m singing for sure!!!

Lisa

Comment provided March 24, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Thanks so much for these tips Chris. I struggle with allocating the time and staying focused. This certainly helps.

Comment provided March 24, 2010 at 10:29 PM

Deb Lamb writes:

Excellent tips! You’ve certainly given me some ideas that are sure to generate a good writing zone.

Typically, I find my best time for writing is early in the morning before the sun comes up. Just watching the sunrise is inspiring and motivating.

I’ll put some of your tips to great use as well. Thanks so much!

Deb :)

Comment provided March 25, 2010 at 7:08 AM

Janet Robinson writes:

Thank you for the 7 great tips Marc. Being organized and having a system really helps. I carry a little book around with me because people do and say the ‘darndest’ things. And there’s always a subject within it. I also find that cleaning up my desk is a necessity for a clear mind. Thank again.

Comment provided March 25, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Marvin Barrett writes:

Great article,

I have found this useful as at times I do struggle to get in that “zone”. I have noticed though the night time is a lot more fluid for me than the mornings and afternoons.

Marvin

Comment provided April 5, 2010 at 1:44 PM

MarVeena writes:

Thanks for the inspiration, it is weird how some times I can write for a long time and ideas keep coming. Then seem to dry up for days.
You made some good suggestions, one of these days soon I will get up my nerve to submit some of my articles to EzineArticles!

Comment provided April 11, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Really great, fantastic tips! You guys make life easier for the rest of us. cheers!

Comment provided April 19, 2010 at 8:08 AM

Emily Erickson-Sandstrom writes:

Here is a tip. I am very new to the computer, and I thought everyone did this, since I discovered it and am no whiz. But my friends who ARE whizzes all say they never thought of that.

Whenever you see something written that interests you, cut and paste the part you like into a word processing program you have. I like notepad because it comes up small on the screen. Make up a title, and ‘Save As.’

I put them on separate screens. I have one going of examples of bad article writing that I keep under that one title. It is getting long!

You can do this with recipes, or anything that you would want to ‘clip’ from a newspaper in the old days.

Comment provided April 19, 2010 at 11:37 AM

lily writes:

I work in a PCB Assembly manufacturer in China,And often write articles in the web,acctually it’s a little effects.

Thanks for your tips,Marc,ther’re great.Interesting and useful.

Comment provided August 19, 2010 at 9:45 PM

jon bone writes:

I sit down close my eyes and meditate for 10 mins. By clearing my mind I then am able to write

Comment provided October 20, 2010 at 7:28 AM