Platinum Members: Get YOUR Laser-Targeted Titles

Platinum members now get access to top-performing, data-driven article titles!

With the successful test roll-out of our Article Title Writing Service (or simply Title Suggestions) to Premium Members, we’re happy to announce that effective immediately this tool is now available to all Platinum Members as well.

To find out more, watch this short (3 minute) video:

Downloadable Versions:
WMV Format     MOV Format     MV4 Format     MP3 Format

If you’re more of a reader than a viewer, here’s the gist of what I had to say …

Up until now, a small subset of our members had a competitive advantage over the bulk of our membership – they’re experts in search engine optimization (SEO). That expertise gives them the ability to craft better article titles that are data-driven to produce superior results.

In other words, Better Titles = Additional Article Views = More Resource Box Clicks = Higher Website Traffic

With the creation of the EzineArticles Article Title Writing Service (or simply, Title Suggestions), you can now have that same competitive advantage!

We sifted through over 10TB of data to uncover the most popular keywords and key-phrases that are currently being used to find your articles on EzineArticles.com. We then handed that data over to our Article Title Writing Team and had them hand-craft tens of thousands of titles that we’re certain will produce superior results in each and every niche. Our team is working on several hundred thousand more titles even as we speak.

To get access to this treasure trove of titles, just follow this simple 10-step process:

1. Log in to your EzaineArticles Member Account
  2. Click on the “Author Tools” drop-down menu and select “Title Suggestions”
  3. Type in a representative keyword for your article in the “Keyword” field
  4. Select your niche from the “Category” drop-down menu, or leave it set to “All” to search all title categories
  5. Click on “Get your Titles”
  6. Review the list of title suggestions and select the title(s) you wish to use by clicking in the box to the right of each title
  7. Click on “Select your Titles” – the titles you selected are now “reserved” in your queue for 7 days
  8. To use a title, click on “Use This Title”
  9. You will be brought to the “Submit an Article” form with the title field pre-filled with your chosen title.
  10. Now just write and submit your article in the usual manner.

If you later decide you don’t want to use a chosen title, simply click on the “Return This Title” button to return it to the EzineArticles title pool. Titles that aren’t used within 7 days of selection will be automatically returned to the title pool. A new batch of titles can be selected once all of the titles in your existing batch have been used or returned.

Although we have no doubt that these data-driven titles will outperform anything the typical author can create, we’ll be tracking the performance of our in-house generated titles over the next few months to see just how well they’re doing and what needs to be improved. Watch this Blog and @EzineArticles on Twitter for more information.

Now go try it out. Feel free to play with it and find the titles that’ll best suit your niche and your writing style. Then stop back here and leave a comment to tell us what you think of this powerful new tool. Feel free to ask a question, too.

Remember: Dip your toes back into the title pool often – new titles are being written all the time!

Lisa writes:

I LOVE this feature! :) Just another reason you guys rock!

Comment provided March 8, 2010 at 12:05 PM

Oh Yah, this is awesome, wow. I am with Lisa – You guys rock!

Comment provided March 8, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Marian writes:

Sounds good but how do you know how many times other people have used the same title if they are all searching through the same list?

Comment provided March 8, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Marian,

Each title can only be used once – period. If you choose it for your queue of article titles, it comes out of the EzineArticles pool of titles for 7 days.

If you use it, it can never be used again by anyone.

If you return it or don’t use it in 7 days, it goes back in the pool for somebody else to use.

Make sense?

Marian writes:

I’m loving this feature! It means I don’t have to spend ages thinking of my titles, I just browse through and pick the ones that are suited to me. Awesome!

Love that you keep coming up with new benefits. Thank you! I’m looking forward to trying this service.

Kathryn

Comment provided March 8, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Don G. Asmus writes:

This strikes me as a very poor idea. There is a very strong element of competition in article writing, which you are seriously undermining with this proposal.

As you indicated, a small percentage of those who have become top tier article writers have done so by faithfully performing the hard work necessary to turn themselves into SEO experts.

Now you’ve come up with a gimmick that provides a shortcut to success for the mediocre masses. Why not offer to provide editorial assistance to those who submit poorly written articles, by modeling the editorial changes upon the writing style of those who actually know how to write?

You have taken off on a very dangerous course by providing this new crutch. Article writers should be allowed to sink or swim by dint of their own abilities.

Comment provided March 8, 2010 at 1:50 PM

We’re giving the 95% what the 5% have had.

Truth is, most of the 5% who are SEO experts aren’t always experts at being a true expert in their market niche, but rather they are experts at SEO. If they are writing about SEO, then that is good for us all. If they are only good at SEO but not the subject they are writing about, then that is not good for all over the long-term.

You know what’s “mediocre”? SEO writers who produce high volumes of thin content that is highly keyword optimized but lacks soul or it lacks the type of impact that only a true expert in their niche would deliver.

Our end users get a poor experience. That is never ok.

I’d expect SEO experts will not find this new service as a good thing… as for them, it means everyday common people will get their advantage without having had to pay the ‘price’ for that expertise.

I’d hope they’d dip into it as we have our own data that they’ve never had full direct access to.

Our primary goal with this new tool is to help our members who are GENUINE experts in their niche, craft, industry, trade… to get a higher return on their time by not insisting that they become SEO keyword research experts to figure out what to write about. That is the essence of this new feature.

We’re also selfishly motivated to optimize for maximum traffic yield. Heck, EzineArticles.com is a traffic attraction system that delivers a couple hundred thousand clicks a day to our members websites… When we help our members attract more traffic with their articles, we help them get more high value clicks to their website. When our members get more traffic, they prioritize writing & submitting more high quality original unique articles…and the cycle continues.

Iona writes:

I really love your answer to the comment that said you new idea was a poor one, based on being and SEO expert or and expert and how you choose to make your difference in the world regards of your background. This does give those who have other tasks to complete in their business an easy way to put good content and add value to peoples lives without having to learn more technical ‘stuff’.

I do have a question, when I put the keywords I think are related to my ‘niche’ they do not come up on your suggested titles. Does this indicate that my target market are not search online, or just not search through your directory on EzineArticles. I got keywords a couple of days ago, as you guys sent a link to Key Word Tracker Tool.

Just wanted some more ideas of how to may the most from the keyword tool and the articles I write.

Iona,

HINT:

Try selecting a specific category and subcategory and do the same keyword searches.

Right now, our main category article titles are the strongest and it’ll be till the end of the year before our subcategory titles are highly related. This has to do with the fact that we only have 90,000 titles in our queue at the moment and we’ve determined that 300,000 titles in the queue is what’s needed to provide the same level of comprehensiveness for each subcategory.

Chris@BetterPLR writes:

This looks like a GREAT tool!

I love these kinds of functions that come from mining all your data. I look forward to the next ones too!

In the meantime, I have some titles to generate! :D

Chris

Comment provided March 8, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Shirley Bass writes:

Oh my goodness, I am so excited to use this tool. Thank you once again EzineArticles for all you do for your authors.

Comment provided March 8, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Kevin Flatt writes:

This is a great idea and will help with SEO. You are always coming up with innovative ideas/concepts.

Comment provided March 8, 2010 at 3:34 PM

And the neat thing… The initial roll out is not perfect… even with a few thousand hours of our labor to release this feature.

You’all can expect to see a tightening of the relevancy of our Title Suggestions over the next 6 months.

Right now, we only have titles for the top 30 categories. We’re closely monitoring usage and will be strengthening the niche categories which consume the most provided title suggestions.

You can also count on us reporting the efficiency of these title suggestions vs. non-title-suggested article submissions….

We’re also tracking which editor on our article title writing teams wrote the highest traffic producing titles so that we can ensure our members get the best chance of success with our title suggestion tool…while we reward our best team members for the efficiency of their work of interpreting out keyword/keyphrase data.

Comment provided March 8, 2010 at 3:50 PM

Robert writes:

This is a great idea. Thank you! As a writer whose expertise is on the content side, I’ve always groaned when I’ve seen articles that might have great SEO, but weren’t worth reading otherwise. Now you are helping us who spend our time trying to have something worthwhile, factual, and unique to say get recognized for our work. I appreciate your attitude of innovation.

Comment provided March 8, 2010 at 5:33 PM

James Budrow writes:

I think this will help the small business get a fair playing field in their niche. We applaud you for your efforts on bring in more original material.

Comment provided March 8, 2010 at 6:07 PM

I played around with this feature a bit today, and found 10-15 great titles, which I had not considered, it actually gives me ideas to write about at a time I feel as if I had saturated certain subjects and run out of things to talk about. So, I will win twice by using some of these titles; good search engine hits, and new ideas to engage my creative flow within my industry.

Comment provided March 8, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Emily Erickson-Sandstrom writes:

Platinum membership is paid. Is Premium? If so, the video should have the price in it so one immediately knows whether it is worthwhile.

Comment provided March 8, 2010 at 7:20 PM

Emily,

Platinum membership is FREE and can not be purchased… It can only be earned.

Here’s how you can earn Platinum membership:

Premium membership is our only PAID level of membership. It’s as low as $48.50/month via the annual plan.

sewa mobil writes:

Nice article,
Keep posting stuff like this i really like it.
God Bless you.

Comment provided March 8, 2010 at 9:23 PM

GOPAL writes:

Hi every one

O LORD of love, Christopher
Highly response forever, thanks for post.

Effective to show, what?

Get aware to judge ability,
Great expose to gain power of love.

Crazy to met .
Crazy to love too.

Great title, win great
Great winner, great aboundance
Great abound is love forever.

Comment provided March 9, 2010 at 12:04 AM

Martyna Bizdra writes:

Hi

and thank you for this new tool. I am quite good at SEO, and I use several programs for checking out what type of keywords might be beneficial for the article I am writing.
This new tool will stir the market a bit, will lift the quality of articles and titles. And I am very happy about it. The more competition the better!

And- creativity will always flourish in those who have it…!

best wishes
Ciao!
Martyna Bizdra

Comment provided March 9, 2010 at 4:48 AM

Martyna,

That’s the spirit! Those who can rise to the challenge of change and competition in the marketplace are those who will ultimately succeed.

Thanks for being an EzineArticles Expert Author. :)

larry icabandi nabiong writes:

Wow! A brilliant idea from a great thinker. Thank you so much, Chris.

Comment provided March 9, 2010 at 5:13 AM

Colleen writes:

Great benefit! Thanks so much for new tool.
It will be very beneficial.

Comment provided March 9, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Christa writes:

This is a helpful tool. Aside of that – I like to hear you speak, Chris.

Comment provided March 9, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Jeannie writes:

Hey it’s a great idea. I was trying to think of a couple more articles to write on a certain theme and was getting a bit stale.
I tried your title generator and have written two complete new articles tonight on a side topic that I hadn’t even considered before.
Love it!

Comment provided March 10, 2010 at 5:35 PM

Rocky Torres writes:

Data-driven titles will outperform anything the typical author can create? Wow! This means many things for an author. This is very creative. As an expert author, this can uplift your chart and career!

Comment provided March 14, 2010 at 1:29 AM

Is there a way to secure multiple titles in multiple categories? The reason I ask is that if someone is going to produce 20-articles in many 4-different categories, then they need to know how to secure a few in one category and then go onto the next category and do the same thing. Generally, I do my titles first, and usually 10-20 at a time.

Comment provided March 14, 2010 at 1:51 AM

Lisa writes:

As of the last time I used it, no. But I did put this in as a suggestion. When I was using it, you can choose only 5 at a time and if you choose let’s say, 2, it would lock out the system for choosing more until you write those 2. So you can’t pick 2 in say, fishing, then close it out and pick 2 in wedding dresses. So I was doing them in sets of 5 per topic (5 for writing, then back for 5 on video games, then back for 5 on parenting).

I like your idea, it seems wise, and easy to use. I also know I have articles in my queue and I want to secure the titles, or I wish to run a title search as I am posting. If I have others which are secured for future use then I am wonder how that would work. I know I am a heavy user of such things, and my needs will be much different.

Keith writes:

I was upgraded to Platinum membership last night and have bagged my first three titles. Excellent idea and it should prevent that writer’s block feeling. Sometimes I can’t think what to write about and looking through the list gave me loads of ideas!

Well done.

Comment provided March 16, 2010 at 6:03 AM

Well I have been MIA I know but I will be back. In the meantime I came across a blogger who is copying off a bunch of articles and poems directly from EzineArticles and posting them as if his own. Sometimes credit it given but most times not. I thought it was just mine as I came across a couple of my poems but today I recognized Ed Weiss’ “More Examples of Haiku Poetry”. I guess you can google it, the title of your article or connect with me Ed. I did issue a complaint to WordPress. Also I did a google on his other titles and I see that most articles are from EA’s authors systematically used without credit given. It would help if you others issued a complaint to WordPress as well of course. I see that his articles come up on Google BEFORE EA’s listings. Yes of course we want people to use our articles but we want credit for it.

Comment provided March 21, 2010 at 12:12 PM

Lisa writes:

Yay! It’s my Kathy. :) We have missed you so! I’ve seen my EzineArticles content inappropriately used as well. You’re taking the right steps to correct this violation. If you run into any problems, contact me and I can help.

Bob C writes:

This is a great feature. I just got my platinum status a few days ago and tried out my first title, and there are some great choices.

But as a few people have already said, it would be even better if you could search for titles in different categories.

Thanks :)

Comment provided March 27, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Raghhav writes:

Yes, I agree with all of them, this is one of the great tool for us to write more. Thanks EzineArticles Team.

Suggestion: Why dont you also allow EzineArticles members to suggest some of the titles, will be a great feature too, but yes there chances of getting junks but I know you guys will work it out.

Thanks for the tool, EzineArticles Team

Comment provided March 31, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Raghhav,

Thanks for the suggestion. Bear in mind that the titles being generated are based on the terabytes of data we have regarding which titles work and which don’t. This data is then massaged by our team to create workable, usable titles.

Without that data, the value of the titles generated would be reduced significantly. The same would be true with member-suggested titles since they currently lack access to our data.

Emma writes:

This looks like a great tool. I just used it today to write an article. I have a few questions though as I don’t know if these are bugs or not.

1. I only grabbed one title because I just wanted to try it out (and there was only one suggestion for my particular keyword!). I’ve now submitted the article, but the article title is still listed on the Article Title Suggestions page and I can’t access anymore.

Have you designed it so the Titles are only cleared after the article is accepted?

2. I only noticed this after writing and submitted the article, but the Title Suggestion I used has a misspelling in it. Misspellings can and do pull traffic, but I’ve always been under the impression that EzineArticles discouraged targeting misspellings. So will this article now get kicked back to me because I used a misspelling in the title?

Comment provided April 6, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Bradl writes:

Great looking tool, should provide some helpful info. Looking forward to giving it a try.

Comment provided April 20, 2010 at 8:06 PM

Azmi Jahan writes:

this is great, i appreciate it a lot

Comment provided September 18, 2010 at 10:05 AM