Expert Author Case Study: Lisa Angelettie

Today’s Expert Author Case Study takes a look at the intelligent practices and positive results of Pennsylvania author Lisa Angelettie.

Lisa founded GirlShrink.com when she made the decision to stay home with her first born daughter instead of returning to a private practice setting in New York City. Struggling at first to be seen and heard online, Lisa accidentally fell into article marketing and has used it since to increase traffic, establish credibility and authority in her niches, build her contact list and create a source of passive income.

Lisa is the author of several books including “Relationship 911! Seven Steps For Saving Your Relationship” and is also a contributing author for “101 Great Ways To Improve Your Life”.

She writes and coaches clients full-time from her home office in Elkins Park, PA, while raising her three daughters, petting her dog Pepperz, and watching football with her husband Deric.

Lisa recently responded to our call for Expert Author case studies and has landed the honor of being the first chosen from over 250 respondents! Read her responses and I’m sure you’ll understand why she stood out from the crowd. When it comes to doing right things right, Lisa definitely appears to have the right idea about article writing and marketing.

Here’s what she had to share about the role article marketing has taken in her success.

1. What sets you apart from other Expert Authors?

It is really important for me to write articles that truly teach the folks in my niche something useful. I don’t ever sit down to write just for the sake of publishing an article. It’s probably because I am a wife, mother, adult caregiver, dog mommy AND an avid reader. I’m busy and I assume the people in my marketplace are as well. So who has the time for article fluff? No one. It has to count!

2. What’s your secret to article writing and marketing success?

I think that the biggest key to my success as an article writer and marketer is that I have always written authentically and consistently.

In regards to authenticity, I always write my own articles, I always write the way that I speak and I always try to include information plus my point of view on the topic. I think including a solid point of view in your writing separates one author from another in the same niche.

In regards to consistency, I have made a commitment to myself and my business to write SOMETHING everyday. I can honestly say that it wasn’t until I made that decision, that article marketing truly rewarded me with tangible results that I could test, measure, rinse and repeat.

3. How do you stay motivated to write articles?

It’s not very difficult for me to stay motivated about strategies that work in my business, but there are days when I just want to lay like broccoli! So I try to motivate myself and my clients by looking at article writing and article marketing in the same way as I do personal care. Brush my teeth, take a shower, write an article. Then continue with the rest of my day! These aren’t especially exciting things to do, but we must do them everyday right?

4. How do you decide what to write about?

When I first started out online, I would write about things I thought needed to be said. Wrong! Later I learned that the best articles were the ones that addressed my online niche’s actual problems. Not the ones I thought that they had. That is the best way to assure that your articles will get read, forwarded, syndicated and commented on. Write about a solution to a problem that is common in your niche and you have hit the mark!

Nowadays, all I have to do is write articles based on the questions that prospects and current clients ask me, but I recommend that new authors should observe comments from potential prospects in niche-related forums or social media sites like Twitter and Facebook and see what problems people are asking for help with.

5. How do you balance writing for quality and quantity?

This is a tricky one, because article marketing is primarily a numbers game. Yet ultimately I choose not to produce as much as perhaps some other people in my niche and focus on quality. While it is true that more articles attract more traffic, it is my goal to have that traffic convert.

I think the key to conversion is to have informative, entertaining, and compelling content. So while I strive to always increase my production, I am not averse to scrapping what I think is a “crappy” article. I won’t publish junk.

6. How has using EzineArticles affected your traffic?

According to my recent Google Analytics stats, EzineArticles is responsible for 15% of my daily traffic and these visitors visit 3x the number of pages vs. my other referral traffic. Part of this traffic comes from articles that I have written and published at EzineArticles years ago that still bring me a steady stream of traffic. I think this makes an incredible statement about the power of what EzineArticles can do. These statistics will only improve as I publish more articles — so that’s basic math that I can appreciate!

7. How does article marketing fit into your overall marketing plan?

Over 80% of the traffic to my websites comes from a combination of organic search and referred traffic (EzineArticles). Need I say more? All that traffic is free and steady and completely generated from articles on the web.

Article marketing is the most important marketing strategy that I use in my business; and I highly recommend it to all — especially for authors, coaches, speakers and service professionals. That’s because writing articles is a great marketing strategy for a small fish trying to stand out in a big pond. Plus it costs you nothing. That’s very important for my marketing budget! :)

8. What EzineArticles tools do you find the most beneficial?

I’m constantly and pleasantly surprised at all the tools and resources available for free to EzineArticles authors.

I really like that our articles are automatically posted to the EzineArticles Twitter stream. I love getting the immediate reactions from folks who have found my articles via Twitter.

I also absolutely love that we receive the monthly article performance reports. These are invaluable because they let me know what’s working, what I should write more of, and what keyword phrases I should use.

One more thing I think is cool is the keyword density tool that automatically lets us know if we’ve used our keyword phrase a little too much in our articles, and stops us before we publish it. This is especially great for new article marketers because it is an easy mistake to make.

9. If you had to start over again, what would you change?

Wow! If I had to start all over again, I would buy less of the “bright and shiny” marketing systems and coaching programs promising me the moon and the stars and just do more of the consistent marketing actions that work. For me, that is writing and publishing articles, then doing it again and again. Yep, I would have taken my writing way more seriously!

10. What advice you would give newbie article marketers?

Don’t underestimate the power of article marketing. It can establish you as an authority in your niche and can bring you a steady stream of traffic that you couldn’t stop if you wanted to. It isn’t sexy, and it isn’t bright and shiny, but it is a time-tested marketing strategy that has been proven to work. So don’t worry about whether or not it will work – it will – you just have to be willing to put in the effort.

11. Anything else you’d like to share?

It’s important to remember not to over-analyze this whole process. You are not writing novels here. Write what you know. Write in your own voice. Don’t stress about grammar or spelling. Just make the decision to write, and commit to that decision. You will not be disappointed with the results and in fact you may be pleasantly surprised by just how good of a writer you really are. I love it when that happens!

By embracing and practicing the article writing and marketing strategies we recommend to our members, Lisa demonstrates that the EzineArticles system works … and it works well. Like she said, it’s not sexy and it’s not easy, but the results definitely make up for the downside.

Here are 9 suggestions from Lisa that you can put into practice today:

1. Teach your readers something useful. It has to count!
  2. Write authentically: Write your own articles, write how you speak and include your point of view.
  3. Write consistently (i.e. every day).
  4. Address your readers real problems and concerns, not the ones you think they have.
  5. Don’t be afraid to scrap a “crappy” article.
  6. Consistently use proven marketing strategies that work vs. “bright and shiny” marketing systems and coaching programs.
  7. Make use of the EzineArticles tools available to all members, like Twitter posting of new articles, article performance reports and the keyword density tool.
  8. Don’t over-analyze the whole process. You’re not writing novels here.
  9. Article marketing is FREE! Take advantage of it.

Now put Lisa’s suggestions to good use today by writing a set of new, fresh, high-quality articles. And leave a comment for Lisa. I’m sure she’d love to hear from you. :)

Good Job:

You sound like my kind of friend. Like the idea of automatic action; brush teeth, take shower, write article.

Looking forward to reading and sharing with you.

Judy H. Wright aka Auntie Artichoke

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Lisa Angelettie writes:

Thanks so much Judy. I love that name: Auntie Artichoke!

Lisa writes:

Great stuff and fantastic tips here, Lisa. Way to go!

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 11:25 AM

Lisa Angelettie writes:

Hi Lisa – I admire your work as well:) Thanks for the kind words.

Bob Andolina writes:

Very nice tips Lisa!

I became a better reader before I began to write. Reading tips like yours helps all of us who are just getting started or considering articial writing and submissions.

Thanks a bunch!
Bob Andolina

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Lisa Angelettie writes:

Thanks you so much Bob. Reading and writing go hand in hand. I found that when I increased my “pleasure” reading, my writing improved as well.

Beverly Boisen writes:

Thanks Lisa, I learned some valuable tips.
And the point of view is what it is all about

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Hi Beverly,
Thank you for the kind words. Hey, get your pic up there:)

Kevin Graham writes:

This is a good piece and interesting story although I was very surprised that Lisa only has 48 articles. She’s never been challenged by HAHD? Her success is genuine so article marketing has yet another solid story to support the mission – regardless of quantity.

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Kevin,

That’s precisely one of the reasons we chose to tell Lisa’s story. Considering the amount of success she’s had with only 48 articles, can you imagine what her level of success will be when she reaches 100 or 1000 live articles!?

It’s often easy to find examples of Expert Authors who’ve had great results with a massive amount of articles, but it can be a little tougher to find people like Lisa who’ve chosen to focus on the quality side of the equation.

As one side of the quality/quantity equation, Lisa is proof positive that quality can be highly effective when used as part of an integrated marketing and customer relationship system.

Bottom Line: Quantity = Good … Quality = Good … Quantity + Quality = GREAT!

Hi Kevin,
Trust me when I say that if I could write 100s of articles that I felt were good enough to publish to EzineArticles AND write original articles for all the other places that I “guest author” at – I would. I just can’t.

But I’m really happy with results here at EzineArticles.com, so I think I am a case of Quality + Quantity for sure:) Thanks for reading:)

Keith writes:

Good to see an example of how the system works and to compare what I’m doing right and what I could be doing.

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Hi Keith,
Thanks for stopping by:) Look forward to your articles.

Cyra writes:

thanks for the insights.. great tips!

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Lisa Angelettie writes:

Love that avatar Cyra:) Thanks for the kind words.
Lisa

Thanks Lisa, very good tips.

I’m so excited to be a new EzineArticles writer. I especially appreciate the tip about writing one article a day. That’s my new goal!

I especially appreciated the tip that emphasized teaching your readers something useful instead of just filling the article with blablabla.

EzineArticles – thanks for the sound advice you give.

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 1:15 PM

Hi Belinda,
Yes, the team here at EzineArticles is wonderful. Especially for new writers. So many resources. Did you write your article today:)

Michelle writes:

You know, sometimes we just need to hear the voice of reason by someone who’s “been there and done that”. Lisa, that is what reading this has done for me today.

I’ve been caught by a few “bright and shiny” things and, nope, they don’t work!

Thank you!

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Amen Michelle.
Those bright and shiny things can do a doozy on your marketing budget! I am off that train – finally!

Bill Marlow writes:

Great insights! I am just beginning to utilize article marketing and I appreciate you sharing your experiences.

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Lisa Angelettie writes:

Thank you Bill:) Best to you and your article marketing efforts.

Helga writes:

Loved your article, fantastic tips. Being new at this, every suggestion was helpful. Thanks.

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Thank you so much Helga.
Sometimes, being online can be a very isolating experience – it’s nice to know that my experience was helpful:)

Sokoya Joseph writes:

Lisa really hits the nail on the head about article marketing.
Keep up the good work.
Cheers

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Lisa Angelettie writes:

Cheers to you Sokoya:) Thanks for coming by.

Ray Feeney writes:

WOW!!

No wonder they picked you out of the 250 respondents.

You know what you are doing lady and I appreciate you sharing the valuable information with me and others.

Keep up the good work and may your business’ continue to grow.

Ray

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 2:06 PM

Ray,
I’m blushing! Thanks so much and I hope that your business continue to grow as well.

Nancy writes:

Great article. Motivating and practical at the same time. Excuse me–I need to go write another article now!

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Me too Nancy!

Mary Henderson writes:

I intend to copy this article and keep it in front of me. How wonderfully simple you present your ideas.

Most folks gravitate to ideas that make sense to their needs and their world.

Thanks for your advice.

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Thank you so much Mary.
I’d be honored to be printed and pasted above your computer screen:)

Lisa writes:

Planning to link this over at writingtipsblog.com

I know my readers can benefit. Thanks!

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Lisa Angelettie writes:

Thanks Lisa – just dropped by your site and left a little comment:)

Patricia writes:

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for taking the time to pass along your writing advice! Although most of us know what we SHOULD do, it’s always helpful to reinforce that belief.

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 3:09 PM

No problem Patricia.
I know its hard some days. We all have a lot on our plates. But I think the biggest motivation sometimes is when we see significant results. You know the kind of results I have yet to see with my weight loss program:) (ha ha!)

Jim Bain writes:

Just short and sweet. For a brand new want-t0-be author your article is very informative and encouraging.
Thanks for taking the time to write it.

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 3:32 PM

Lisa Angelettie writes:

Your welcome Jim:) Thanks for reading.

Rosa Chillis writes:

Lisa,
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your case study! I’ve written a few articles, but will for sure take your advice to write something every day and to do at least one thing every day to market my online business. After reading your case study, my new goal will be to post a new article to EzineArticles.com at least every two-three weeks. (I’m a slow writer!)
I appreciate your insights on the value of article writing and marketing. I feel encouraged and motivated!
Thanks again!

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Hi Rosa,
That will be a significant improvement to your marketing. I guarantee you. Just one of my articles that I wrote years ago, and was NOT evergreen, still brings me qualified traffic to my first website. Just one.

Jan-Marie writes:

Excellent article. Honestly I had been reviewing the power of writing articles. In my mind I had this voice saying. Beware of Shiny Objects in the Quick Sand.

It was Lisa’s comment that writing articles is the opposite of shiny objects in the sand. That one comment won me over. Thank you
Jan-Marie

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Yipppeeee! Jan-Marie.
I love it when someone converts to article marketing. I feel like that I have saved one soul from the useless spending of thousands of information marketing and coaching program dollars!
lisa

Ruan writes:

For newbies like me, the temptations are huge with all the coaching programs and $7 e-books claiming to bring you fortune or millions of free traffic. Thanks to a honest few like Lisa that reminds me to stay focused on marketing practices that really do work, and at the same time providing solid and helpful information to readers.

English is my second language, this makes the whole process of writing quality articles much harder and time consuming. Despite my huge disadvantage I will continue to learn, read and write. And hopefully one day be successful in my article writing and marketing.

Thank you Lisa for an inspiring Q & A

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Ruan,
That comment you just wrote sounded beautiful. All you have to do is write your articles like that and you will be just fine. And while I am not trying to step on anyone’s toes here, leave those $7 ebooks alone! Just keep writing:)

Ruan writes:

Thank you for the reply and complement :)

Paula Couchman writes:

excellant advice, it can be really hard at times.
But when you hear a story like this, it motivates you to keep going.

Keep up the great work.

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Thank you Paula.
Stick in there, you will start to see tangible results soon. I’m glad I was able to give you a little motivation:)
lisa

Diane J. Davis writes:

Hi Lisa, great article; thanks for sharing. I too liked the “brush, shower, and write…” daily routine. Had not thought of it that way, but it makes perfect sense.

Thanks again!

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Hi Diane,
Thanks so much. Did you brush your teeth (and write:) today?

James Williams writes:

How easy it is to relate to the ‘bright and shiny’ new greatest system. I think I could write on that better than my own niche!

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Janet Robinson writes:

Thank you Lisa. It was well put and I needed to be reminded that writing one article a day is no sweat if you put it on your to-do list. And you are right about the traffic. It really does improve it.

Hi Janet.
So glad you’re on the one-a-day train!

Hi James.
Ain’t that the truth!!!

Lynne Coleman writes:

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for your suggestions, I just sent my first article off and it was not excepted.
Lynne

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Hi Lynne,
This sometimes happens with new writers. No worries. You just have to pay attention to the reasons for the article rejection, fix the issue and resubmit. Make a mental note of the reasons for next time. The reasons for rejection are also clearly stated in the writers guidelines. Make sure you read ’em. Because EzineArticles.com has a stronger quality code then most article directories.

Ida Amal writes:

Hi Lisa

Woow, my respect for you. Your case study give me support power to be good writer article, likes you.

Thank you and success for you and EzineArticles.

Warm Regards
Ida

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Lisa Angelettie writes:

Thank you so much Ida. I appreciate the kinds words.

Cecilia Lenagh writes:

Thank you for the article. What resonates for me (apart from the advice to write every day) is writing about what people really want to know, and not writing dross. Good to know of your success with article writing. Inspires me to add to my woeful total of two EzineArticles!

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Absolutely Cecilia!
Think about the best teleseminar you may have participated in on your niche. What were the Q&A questions at the end of the teleseminar? That’s probably a good 5 articles right there!

Kathy writes:

Hello Neighbor,

I live about 3 miles from Elkins Park – nice to see a local girl on here. Thanks for the tips and insight. i am just getting started, but I am enjoying it very much.

Looking forward to reading some of your articles.

Kathy

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Hi Neighbor!
Maybe I’ll see you in a local Starbucks one morning. I like to write there sometimes.

Dean Hines writes:

Thanks for your intelligent and practical discussion and tips regarding article marketing. I will pass this on to my team of over 500 people interested in improving traffic to their sites.

You have renewed my enthusiasm for article marketing to improve traffic.

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Hi Dean,
So glad you are re-energized:) You MUST pass it on to your team. You all may be even to write for each other’s sites and build a collaborative article marketing effort. That’s good seo.

Art Bradley writes:

Thaks Lisa for the valuable insights. I guess I never really thought of article writing as a large marketing tool. But it really is, isn’t it! Thanks again!

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Absolutely Art.
It is my major marketing strategy. Plus it’s fun once you get on a roll:)
Lisa

Nice work Lisa! Keep up the great job!

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Janet Stroup writes:

Lisa,
Your interview was totally encouraging and helpful for this newbie.

Clear and concise advice….thanks for your light!!

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Hi Janet.
Thank you — I look forward to reading your articles.
Love your hair color!

Randy Spence writes:

As a newbie to blogging and article marketing, you provided me with many inspirational ideas to carry forward with my own writing plan. Thanks

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Lisa Angelettie writes:

Here’s to inspiration Randy!

Cherie writes:

As a newbie to article & internet marketing I always get excited when I read success stories. Hope I can follow in your footsteps Lisa!

Comment provided March 18, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Hi Cherie,
I remember reading a success story years ago from a marketer who described my online hobby as “article marketing”, and from that point on I was VERY excited! Best to you.

Hi Lisa
You are an inspiration to someone who is a newbie, but who is already finding the value from article writing. I admire your discipline and will take a lesson from it

Comment provided March 19, 2010 at 4:46 AM

Hello Cape Town Holidays,
Discipline is a word I use very loosely:) I’m more motivated then disciplined. But hey – whatever works! Thanks for the kind words.
Lisa

Lisa: Great tips. I am proud to see someone with a similar background achieve such success. I am trying to establish a second career outside of the medical facility and your points and achievements are a great motivation to me. Thank you.

William

Comment provided March 19, 2010 at 5:00 AM

Thanks so much William.
I think you will find great success with your second career. Some of my therapist colleagues don’t really get what I do:), but I have found over the years that it kind of doesn’t matter! What was once a experiment for me turned out to be a great new career. I wish the same for you.

Larry Bilich writes:

Thank you Lisa for all the great tips and advice.
Enjoyed learning about you and how you approach writing articles and reminding me to listen and observe what’s important to my readers.

Keep up the great work :)

Comment provided March 19, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Thanks so much Larry.

Rob Britt writes:

Very good information in this Lisa, Thanks!
I especially like the ‘address problems in your niche’ People searching for answers find your solutions and it solidifies your standing as an expert. very nice.
take care
Rob

Comment provided March 19, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Thanks so much Rob.
It’s the tip I use that really turned things around for me. That’s when my articles began to be syndicated, shared, bookmarked, etc. Much success to you.

Comment provided March 19, 2010 at 5:28 PM

Dollar dude writes:

LISA… You’re really ROCKING. Please keep up your good work.

Comment provided March 19, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Lisa Angelettie writes:

Thanks Dollar Dude! Love that avatar. I’m a big dog lover.

Theresa Mayhew writes:

Hi Lisa,
Your article inspires me to focus my attention on writing one article a day. Like you said, it’s easy to get distracted by all the methods out there, but article marketing is clearly effective.

I also appreciate that you encourage people to write their own articles. It’s easy to rely on PLR material for articles, but it’s also easy to distinguish which are really written by someone who cares about their subject and their reader.

Thanks again,
Theresa

Comment provided March 19, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Thanks so much Theresa.

You are so right. It is easy to lean on PLR, but I think its way more important to develop your “voice” in your marketplace. To the point where someone in your niche reads your article without a byline and says “Oh this must be Theresa’s stuff!” That’s a sweet spot in my opinion:)

Larry Icabandi Nabiong writes:

Congrats, Lisa! You are really a cut above the rest. Keep on influencing people through your great articles.

Comment provided March 20, 2010 at 12:24 AM

Hi Larry,

Will do! I’ll keep on trying.

Thanks for stopping by.

Lakshmi writes:

Fantastic tips, Lisa.
Wish you more and more success with Article Marketing.

Comment provided March 20, 2010 at 5:19 AM

Same to you:)

Jason Severe writes:

Lisa, Thank you for all your help. You write amazing articles that make a difference. Please know that I am one of the little people that you influence with your work.
Thank you for spending the time to help us new people.

Comment provided March 20, 2010 at 9:11 AM

Hi Jason,

I really appreciated those comments. I really am trying to reach people new to internet marketing so that they do not go down the rabbit hole so many get caught in. This is such an easy and proven strategy to start with. That’s why I love it so much.

Comment provided March 20, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Wireless Direct writes:

Lisa, know’s her stuff about internet marketing, Lisa is almost intoxicating with her knowledge power.

Keep up the great work!

prepaiddirectwireless.com

Comment provided March 21, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Intoxicating Huh?

Thanks Wireless Direct:)

Marie Augustin writes:

I am a newbie to everything marketing, for a year now. And boy is it overwhelming… I was looking for information.. There is a lot out there but in bits and pieces.

3 days ago I found you Lisa and wow.. I was on your site for hours…hours… I must have read everything you posted on your blog and when I was done with that, I downloaded your reports, when I was done with that, I read and downloaded your “recommended” guys free reports, and when I was done with that, I went back and signed up to your girl-shrink website.

(sorry for running on)..lol

Whew.. I have to say one thing…. Thank you for your commitment to helping… you never know who you are helping….

I see that I am not the only one who is happy to have found out about a little gem named Lisa.

Merci,

Marie

Comment provided March 21, 2010 at 1:35 AM

Hi Marie,
Thank you so much!!! Marketing is overwhelming isn’t it? But a lot of fun once you figure it all out. Everyone has to walk their path, but I assure all that come across mine that writing articles has been ultimately the BEST strategy around.

I’m sure we will cross paths again soon Marie.

Gary Cooper writes:

Hi Lisa, I don’t look at this blog very often but I should, because there’s a wealth of information here. It just happens to be coincidental that I signed up for one of your courses in this past week. Meaning I’m at this blog and I run across this write-up on you. You’re so popular and have many fans too! Thanks for all your writing tips. Gary

Comment provided March 21, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Hi Gary,
Yes – this blog is the BEST! I know we have so much reading and writing to do just on an everyday basis, but I know that i must stop by here because they have such great information and are such a supportive community.

Thanks for the warm comments.

Comment provided March 21, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Quajo Cherm writes:

Hi Lisa, After reading your masterpiece, I have become convinced that Article Marketing will WORK FOR ME!
By the way how many additional directories do you publish your articles?

Thanks alot. You’ve really inspired me

Comment provided March 22, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Hi Quajo,
Ooh that’s a loaded question to ask here on the BEST article directory – but I will tell you that I am highly selective. Only a few that meet a certain criteria. I also write for other websites and my own site.

Thanks for the kind words:)

BINNOY writes:

Thanks for this blog Lisa. It’s vital for new people like us on this blog.
However I get a bit confused about whether i can put my URL in the body of my text.
I saw some people do it. Is it allowed? I saw some articles with URLs in their text body and it was linking correctly.

I think the resource box is the place for it. However i do not know how would it appear and what exactly to put in the resource box and the keyword box and so on.
Can anyone please help me?

Also if you don’t mind…could you please share with us the actual number of visitors you get via EzineArticles?
Basically I am in a financial turmoil and i do not have any source of income other than my website.
I would like to get an idea of the potentials of article marketing through this.

Comment provided March 23, 2010 at 2:56 AM

Binnoy,

Yes, you can link in the article body. Keep the link near the end and out of the first 1-3 paragraphs. The resource box is where we like to see it but including 1 in the article body is OK.

On a daily basis, we deliver 175,000 to 235,000 visitors to our members websites.

BINNOY writes:

Sir thank you for your instant reply.
However the number that is given above in the reply i.e 175000 to 235000, is it the amount of visitors given to a single member or is it to all the members together.

Comment provided March 23, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Hi Binnoy,

I believe the numbers given to you were daily visits to all members websites. The number of visitors you receive to your website will be based on the interest in your topic, the quality of your articles, how many articles you write, etc. If you are working with a limited income, I recommend that this is the marketing strategy to try.

Much Success To You,

Comment provided March 23, 2010 at 1:43 PM

BINNOY writes:

Thank you so much mam for your quick replies.
However my quench for curiosity will not be parched until and unless i would get the exact number of visitors you get through EzineArticles on an average. The number that you give me would be vital for me to plan my carrier into this field. I actually at present have no other source of income…this being as if perhaps my last hope

with love always
BINNOY

Comment provided March 23, 2010 at 2:11 PM

BINNOY,

I’m afraid that your curiosity may have to remain unquenched since it’s impossible to give you the number you seek.

We have over a quarter million members and the traffic they each receive is dependent on so many variables that producing an average would not produce any useful information nor be representative of the success you might experience.

Attempting to “guess” at a number would be wholly unethical.

Bottom Line: You are the director of your own success and we’re here to help you, but we can’t give you something we don’t have. Sorry.

Victoria writes:

Hi Lisa,
Thank you for the experienced insight. You are right the sooner we entertain the idea of writing daily the sooner targeted traffic will be ours! And hey i once hired a writer but they did not have my style and in the end i felt robbed.

Comment provided March 24, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Hi Victoria.
I totally understand what you’re saying. Years ago I tried hiring someone and their articles sounded like generic PLR stuff. Its just better to do it yourself. Especially if you are trying to stand out in your niche.

Thanks for dropping by and reading my story.
lisa

Comment provided March 24, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Allen Strother writes:

Lisa! Nice work! I’m brand new to this whole article writing thing. I figured since writing comes relatively easy for me, I may as well let it go to work for me right? :-) So on the 23rd of March I submitted my first article and another on the 24th. So 2 in two days. They were done part 1 and part II.
“Modern Network Marketing Technology vs Traditional Network Marketing Strategies”
Tell me what you think.
Great job again!!!

Comment provided March 25, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Hi Allen,
Thanks for the kind words. I read article 1 and I loved your writing style. You definitely have a “voice” in your writing. I felt like you were speaking to me. I think that the only thing I would change is that I didn’t really learn anything in article 1, although it did peak my interest about article 2.

Once you find a blend of peaking interest AND giving something of value in EACH article — I think you will be a network marketing expert to be reckoned with!

Christine writes:

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the advice. I have recently started writing articles and found that writing is my passion, especially when I feel that I can inspire or help someone. I agree with you that it should be more about quality rather than quantity.

You have inspired me. Thanks for that!!!

Comment provided March 25, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Hi Christine,
You are so welcome. Keep up the good work and passionate writing. Quality writing will always be remembered!

Comment provided March 25, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Allen Strother writes:

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for the quick response and compliment. Yes you’re right, my main goal for the article was to not so much teach but to provoke thought. Each individual taking a moment to look into themselves. There will be an increase in actual learning content as each article comes out but not too much and not too little because I like keeping the reader engaged by getting them involved without them really knowing it. :-) Kinda fun! Hope that made sense. Second article should be out tomorrow. Anyway talk soon. Thanks again!
Allen

Comment provided March 26, 2010 at 12:40 AM

BINNOY writes:

i actually had some doubts. After i wrote my first article on ezine itself….
i.e http://ezinearticles.com/?Has-the-Law-of-Attraction-Stopped-or-Delayed-Manifesting-Things-For-You?&id=3982775

…i got an email stating that i had been selected as an EXPERT AUTHOR.
I was a bit curious to know what exactly does an EXPERT AUTHOR mean and how is it different if at all from others.

Also i personally was dissappointed by my own post…and i felt i could have made it much presentable and readable for my visitors. I initially thought of making the changes and resubmitting it.

However i had read somewhere that making only minor changes in an already submitted article and resubmitting it can lead to me being BANNED from ezine.

I however genuinely wanted to do some changes…in the form of putting more appropriate subtitles, highlighting certain words and underlining some and so on.

Can i do this and resubmit my article to replace the first one? Is there any clause for it? I would be happy if someone could answer to it.

Also…in the e-mail received…it was told that my article would appear in a high traffic page within 48 hours. When i checked …my article however was already rated by google as no 1 considering the relevant keywords. However i was curious to know….whether the high-traffic page meant some other place.
Thank you for your answers in advance.

BINNOY
WHISPERS FROM SILENCE

Comment provided March 26, 2010 at 1:43 AM

Lisa writes:

You can now make edits to the article while it is still live. Once the edits have been approved, the newly revised article will replace the original article without it ever coming down live from the site.

You won’t be banned for editing an article. You may be thinking of rules in regards to duplicate content or the rule that you cannot delete an article and then submit it a new one under the same name. You also cannot use snippets or parts of an article you have already published in a new article as it will remain in the system and will be flagged as duplicate content.

Does that help clear some of it up for you?

On that same note, I would recommend not highlighting and underlining words excessively. There are very few circumstances where this is necessary and your article could be rejected if you do this too much. For example, highlighting or underlining all the keywords in an article will get it rejected.

If you want to add more appropriate subtitles, correct possible grammatical errors or other mistakes, this is perfectly acceptable.

If you want to add new thoughts or ideas, I would suggest writing a new article instead and leaving the one you have as is.

Thanks Lisa:)

Kolniks writes:

Hi Lisa,

This is really enlightening! Great work at demystifying article writing. I’d really love to keep reading your articles. Please keep it up!

Comment provided March 27, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Thanks so much Kolniks:)

I’d love to read your work as well.

Allen Strother writes:

Hi Lisa,
I don’t know how it happened but the comments you’re leaving for other authors are coming into my email? Someone named Kolniks and another named Binoy? Not sure how this whole thing works.

Comment provided March 27, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Lisa writes:

Allen, when you leave a comment, there is a box that you can check or uncheck that says “subscribe to comments”. When you check it, you receive all additional comments made to this entry. If you come back here below the box to leave a comment, you will see a link that reads “Manage your subscriptions”.

Click on this to remove any entries you do not want to continue to receive messages about. Hope that helps!

(I’m not the Lisa you were speaking to originally but I thought I’d help out.)

Comment provided March 28, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Thanks again Lisa:)

Dale Slongwhite writes:

Lisa, Thank you for this very encouraging and informative article. I am just starting out with two e-tail stores, gloryhats.com and thedesignerbaby.com. I have been reading so much about getting traffic to my websites that I’m confused about where to spend my time. I have written two articles so far, but after reading about your experience, I will spend more time writing articles.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment provided March 31, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Lisa Angelettie writes:

Thanks for your kind words Dale. I know all about the ton of confusing information out there, and believe me it took me a while to figure out that all the stuff I was investing money in or doing was just holding me back from moving forward. At some point you have to make a decision about one or two traffic strategies and as me and my hubby say “just go hard!”

Comment provided April 1, 2010 at 8:00 PM

Robert Britt writes:

I think that your last comment is something that people should really take to heart Lisa. There are so many thing (and good things) that you can do, but you really have to stay away from distractions and concentrate on only a couple things and do them with commitment and gusto. That’s the way to succeed.

Comment provided April 2, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Lisa Angelettie writes:

Thanks Robert. I hope people are listening. I pray that folks don’t spend half the money I did figuring it all out:)

Michelle Hill writes:

Hello Lisa,

I’m a little late getting to your article, but your tips and comments were so very useful. My own writing has greatly improved simply by writing daily.

Thank you for allowing the world to get a glimpse of how you do things. Much appreciated!

Michelle

Comment provided April 3, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Hi Michelle,
Thanks so much for reading my story and your kind comments. It’s great to hear that you are writing on a daily basis. The simple act of writing consistently can improve all areas of business – I think:)

jon bone writes:

I think when you enjoy something t is so much easier and the discipline becomes apleasure

Comment provided October 21, 2010 at 1:06 AM

MrLee writes:

Thanks for your useful article that I’m looking for. I’ll try to write more to improve my skill.

Comment provided August 5, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Brett Riley writes:

Hi Lisa

I enjoyed reading about you and your writings. I’m a newbie so this gives me inspiration to write more

Comment provided November 8, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Hi Brett,
I look forward to reading your articles.
-Lisa

Hi, Your comment about buying less of the “bright and shiny” marketing systems and focus on what we all do well and keep doing it, is so perfect. Many newbies struggle to focus. Once they develop that skill the sky is the limit. Thanks. Stan

Comment provided May 12, 2013 at 10:11 AM