How to be sure the site you submit your articles to is worth your time, effort and content.
At EzineArticles, we’re not afraid of a little competition. As a matter of fact, we encourage it! We know the only way for you, and all of our members, to truly excel at article writing and marketing is for each of you to consider the competition carefully and use their services when it’s appropriate and beneficial for you.
Unfortunately, in the realm of article marketing services, there is a lot of … um, crap out there. Since it’s in our mutual best interest for you to be successful in your marketing efforts, we wanted to give you the knowledge you’ll need to separate the great online article services from the aforementioned crap.
In this video, I’ll take you through the 9 qualities and features you should look for in identifying a great article marketing system. When you’re done watching, you should be able to recognize a good sign and instantly spot a red flag. The 5 minutes you invest watching now could save you a lot of time, effort and heartache down the road.
If you’re more of a reader than a watcher, here’s the gist of what I talked about in the video …
9 Qualities/Features of a Great Article Writing and Marketing System:
- How long have they been in business? – Have they been in business for more than a year? Bonus points for those that have been driving traffic for 5 or more years. Systems that are less than 6 months old are too new and unable to get you traffic.
- Who’s actually running or moderating the site? – Can you figure out within 10 seconds of surfing the site who actually owns or is in charge of it? Article marketing system owners that hide themselves from the public probably don’t want to be found. And most likely they won’t worry about traffic finding you either.
- Is the article marketing service human powered or fully automated? – A fully automated system is usually a sign that the owner doesn’t intend to police the quality of the content. There’s no pride in having your articles in a system that doesn’t care about quality.
- What’s their response time? – If you email them, do they respond within 24-48 hours? Did your email to them bounce back as undeliverable? If you can’t contact them, that might be a sign that they’re not in the game to help you.
- How many authors are listed? – The more authors they have the better. Article directories with less than 1,000 authors are still trying to get their foot in the door and probably can’t give you much traffic.
- Do they provide RSS feeds, email alerts, forward to a friend functions, social media integration and other strategies to increase the distribution of your articles? – Do they have thousands of members of their own double opt-in mailing lists to promote your articles? If they do, that’s great. That just means that they are trying to help you get more exposure.
- Are they responsible with the advertising on their site? – For example, do they have pop-ups, or exit pops? Are they shamelessly promoting random products or have the ‘punch the monkey’ ads? If they do, be careful. You want an article marketing service where your success is priority #1; not the advertisers.
- Do they provide article reports to help you see which articles are getting traction? – If your success is important to them, then they’ll give you tools so you can grow your skills and improve your success.
- Does it generate traffic back to your site or not? – The whole reason you’re writing and submitting articles in the first place is to get traffic back to your site. If you don’t get traffic from them, you’re wasting your efforts.
You make your articles available for syndication because you want to …
- Improve your targeted web traffic …
- Enhance your credibility …
- Drive leads to your products …
- Grow your email list …
- And more!
Unfortunately, you don’t have unlimited time in your day to submit your articles to every newbie article marketing system that begs for your attention. Prioritize the best article sites that meet or exceed the above 9 criteria to help determine which ones should get your valuable attention.
Remember: It’s better to submit 100 articles to 1 top quality article marketing system, or niche site, than it is to submit 1 article to 100 directories.
If you’re serious about article writing and marketing, you owe it to yourself to check out our competition. When you’re done, we know you’ll come back to EzineArticles.com. So go do it now.
When you’re finished, leave a comment to let us know what you’ve discovered.