Discover the value of using pen names to manage your multiple brands.
At EzineArticles we call them alternate author names. You’ve probably heard them referred to as pen names, allonyms, nom de plumes or pseudonyms. Whatever you call them, they’re essentially the different unique names that authors use as bylines for their written materials. Each name is used in association with a particular writing style, genre, audience or niche, depending on the needs of the author.
In this video, I’ll help you understand the primary reasons why you might want to consider using alternate author names in your article marketing plan: To maintain your brand integrity, build your Expert Author credibility and foster brand loyalty.
Key Points in this Video:
- Each niche you write about is basically a different brand.
- If you write in multiple niches, you’re managing multiple brands.
- Good branding increases your credibility and the readers’ brand loyalty.
- Confusing your brands can hurt your credibility as an Expert Author.
- Create alternate author names, each branded to a niche you write in.
- Use variations of your real name as your alternate author names.
- Have only one topic or brand associate with one name.
How to Create an Alternate Author Name:
- Log in to your EzineArticles member account
- Select “Edit Author Names” from the “Profile Manager” drop-down menu
- Scroll down the page to “Add an Alternate Author Name”
- Click on the “Alternate Author Name Terms of Service” text link to review the TOS
- Click on the “I agree to the Alternate Author Name Terms of Service” check box
- Type your alternate author name in the field labeled “Name to Add”
For more information on creating and using effective pen names, plus a fun cartoon, check out this Blog post.
If creating alternate author names will help you better manage your brand, then by all means use them! Just make sure that you continue to build each of your individual brands by writing more high-quality, original articles under each of those pen names.
Any questions? If so, leave a comment!