Premium Members Get Laser-Targeted Article Titles

EzineArticles terabytes of data generate effective titles targeted specifically for your niche.

Today, we rolled out a brand new feature to Premium Members that automatically creates a pool of (5) article title suggestions that are designed to be highly effective in each author’s individual niche. The Author has a week to either use or reject any of these titles for one of their articles. Once those (5) stock title suggestions have been exhausted, you can choose another pool of (5).

A Few Key Points:

• Title Suggestions Are Protected1) If you are submitting a new article and you happen to use a title that’s in our Title Writer System, you’ll get a notification that this title already exists in our system. It will be removed from the title inventory and you’ll be allowed to use it, or 2) If you are submitting an article title that has already been assigned to another author through our Title Writer System, you will get an error message and need to change the title in order to submit the article.
  • Use ‘Em or Lose ‘Em – Title suggestions not used or returned within 7 days of receipt will be automatically returned for the use of other authors. No replacement title suggestions will be issued.
  • Premium Today, Platinum Soon – This feature is being rolled out to our Premium Members first. Once we’re sure everything is working like it should, we’ll be rolling it out to our Platinum Level members. This may take 2-20 weeks … we’re not sure yet. If you just can’t wait, become a Premium Member today and take advantage of this great new feature right now.
  • How to Get There – To get YOUR laser-targeted article title suggestions, log in to the EzineArticles Member Interface, click on the Author Tools drop-down menu and select Title Suggestions from the menu list.

The best thing you can do for your article marketing success is to go check out this new feature just as soon as it’s made available to you. The title suggestions you’ll receive have been culled from mountains of user data to make them extremely effective in gaining readership and helping you achieve more traffic back to your website or blog.

This feature has been in development for 10+ months and a dream for more than a year. Yes, it’s intense. We’ll release in a future post details about our article title data capture/analysis/creation process.

Attention Premium Members! Since you’re the first ones to enjoy this new feature, we really need your input. Please try it out. Then stop back here and leave a comment to let us know how it went. We look forward to hearing from you.

Maggie Dawson writes:

I love love love this concept, unfortunately, so far it hasn’t worked too well for my keywords (back taxes, tax sale, etc). About 1/10 of the title returns I get are pertinent. For example I put it “unclaimed funds” (referring to government held money that belongs to citizens) and get:

10 Tips to Succeed With Mutual Funds
Is Publicly Funded Healthcare the Best Option For America?
Creating a Trust Fund For Your Grandkids – 3 Secure Ways to Set Up a Trust Fund
Trust Funds – What Types of Property Can Be Managed in a Trust Fund?

Maybe I am doing something wrong – or maybe this only works if you put in a very specific keyword?

Comment provided February 8, 2010 at 8:11 PM

In order to get this feature out the door, we determined that we needed to start our article title queues with 500 hand-written article titles (based on proprietary insider data that will be shared in a future post) based on 30 main categories…

In other words, we only have 15,000 hand-written data-driven article titles right now available.

In the coming month, we’re working to expand that to several hundred thousand article titles available.

Some notes:

• We are tracking the efficiency of how well these titles are/will perform vs. article titles that our members produce on their own so that we can prove how much more valuable these are.
  • We are tracking which article title writer on our team wrote which article title based on insider data provided to them… so that over-time, we can determine who writes the most traffic pulling effective article titles.
  • We are tracking which specific members also achieve the most success with our article title writing service.

Bottom line: It’s not a perfect system yet, but it’s going to massively improve over the rest of 2010. Keep checking back each month.

Maggie Dawson writes:

Thanks. I did get a few titles that worked. One thing I’ve always done is write about 100 titles at a time from my massive keyword lists, and then use that list to write- makes it so much easier. So this concept is definitely a winner.

By the way, I agree with the other poster about Premium membership benefits (although this may benefit EzineArticles to pass on to Platinum members as well) – I’m sure you guys could be selling so many more Premium memberships. $97/month when your articles are producing the way mine are is a drop in the bucket.

Also, PLEASE get an affiliate program!!!!!! I’m dying to sell your memberships.

Chet writes:

That is really a great concept..I would definitely like to use it and will again reply back once I use it

good going !! :)

Comment provided February 9, 2010 at 7:25 AM

Again an example of a company staying ahead of the flow instead of just going with the flow. Thanks Chris and all for this additional benefit.

Comment provided February 9, 2010 at 9:19 AM

Bryan writes:

Good idea, assuming there is data to back up the fact that those titles outperform others on the network.

One problem and two recommendations – if you have multiple author names, you can only submit them for one author (unless I’m missing something), and then those titles are used up so you can’t go in and submit them as another author. If you write under author #1’s name about a certain subject, but want titles for author #2, you’re out of luck.

Recommendation #1 – implement this feature into your API.

Recommendation #2 – don’t include this with Platinum members. This is a great value added tool, and will degrade the advantage Premium members pay for. If anyone is serious enough about article marketing that they’ll take advantage of this, they’ll be a Premium member.

Comment provided February 9, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Bryan,

There will be data to prove it… which is why we designed all of the tracking.

1) Sorry, no to the API for 2010. We’re going to hold this insider data closer to the vest. We may reconsider in 2011.

2) Will consider it… Unsure. What we need from this project is MAXIMUM leveraged YIELD. Not sure we can get that from Premium members alone… but for now, this is where we start.

I do agree that as this new feature proves itself, it’ll give a significantly improved USP (Unique Selling Proposition) for our members.

Just taken a look and selected 5 titles – thank you!

This is fantastic, particularly in such a highly competitive niche.

I also like the fact that it acts as a “refresh” button in your head – particularly on a day like today when writer’s block sets in!!!!

Thank you so much!

Comment provided February 9, 2010 at 10:46 AM

Muriel Laroche writes:

I will become a Platinum member only to receive EzineArticles title suggestions!

Comment provided February 9, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Muriel,

At this time, our article title suggestion tool is only available for PREMIUM members.

Platinum level membership isn’t a fee-based membership and can only be earned. In fact, less than half of our Premium members are Platinum.

Hopefully these can help you if Platinum is your goal:

If Premium is your goal, we welcome you as a Premium member for as low as $48.50/month when pre-paid annually ($582/yr).

Lisa writes:

I would really like to become a Premium member to check this out.

Comment provided February 9, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Shannon writes:

I’m very excited to try this feature and see if these article titles work as well as the keyword “traffic search terms” feature that I love so much. I’ve selected five articles and am very excited to give it a try tomorrow. Thank you.

Comment provided February 9, 2010 at 7:12 PM

This is very interesting, I will watch to see how well it works, it is a very decent concept.

Comment provided February 10, 2010 at 3:49 AM

Angela Booth writes:

I tried it a few days ago, and got some excellent titles for one of my niches, “writing”. I used a couple of the titles.

Next, I tried it on another niche, and it didn’t perform as well. (Can’t remember which, sorry.)

I’ll definitely try it again — it’s a great brain booster, many thanks. :-)

Comment provided February 19, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Lisa writes:

I’m really loving it so far! I used it for writing related keywords, parenting and child-related keywords as well as games/ video games. As Angela said, it’s a fantastic brain booster!

I use it in combination with the article sets idea that was just recently posted and I pick 3-5 titles at once and write them in sets. It’s great for getting more articles out there on the topics I love to write about!

Comment provided February 19, 2010 at 8:45 PM