Facebook Fan Page Gets a Facelift

Our newly renovated Facebook home is more than just a pretty face!

As Facebook has grown in popularity over the last few years it has become the first stop for many people seeking to interact with not only their friends, relatives and celebrities, but also with non-profit organizations, charitable causes, brick and mortar companies … and of course, web sites like EzineArticles.com.

In in effort to make ourselves more available to this growing Facebook community of members and non-members alike, we figured it was time to give our Fan Page a little upgrade. Not only did it need to look better, it needed to be more interactive and user-friendly too.

EzineArticles Fan Page at a Glance:

• Welcome Tab – You’ll be automatically brought to this page if you’re not already an EzineArticles Facebook fan. Here you can watch a brief video introduction to EzineArticles by yours truly. You’ll also see a not-too-subtle request to become a fan.
  • Become a Member Tab – This is where you go when you’re ready to become a member. There are several testimonials here plus a link to our Membership Sign-Up page.
  • Discover More Tab – On this tab we provide a short description and links to 8 of the most popular EzineArticles destination pages. From this tab you can jump to the:
    1. Blog
    2. Twitter Home Page
    3. YouTube Channel
    4. Forum
    5. Editorial Guidelines
    6. Membership Benefits
    7. Free Training
    8. Newsletter Sign-Up

• Sign Up Tab – This is your one-stop tab for getting more information sent directly to your email inbox – including our newsletter, Blog and email alerts. We also provide another link to our Membership Sign-Up page.
  • Video and Photos Tabs – These two tabs contain our entire collection of internally-produced videos and cartoons as well as an eclectic selection of EzineArticles mug shots and fan photos.
  • Notes Tab – This tab takes a direct feed from the EzineArticles Blog. If it’s on our Blog, it’ll be here as well.

Our fan page isn’t a replacement or substitution for our website. We like to think of it more as a our home away from home. It’s a place where our members and friends can meet to interact, chat and find out more about EzineArticles and the world of article writing and marketing.

We hope you’ll stop over for a visit soon, and if you’re not a fan already, we hope you’ll become one – just click here. Then stop back here and tell us about your experience. It’ll help us make good choices on our next round of improvements.

Lisa Duhamel writes:

Looks great! Nice job!

Comment provided February 16, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Bill Clennan writes:

Nice job on the Facebook Fan Page. You always give such great insights. thanks.

Comment provided February 16, 2010 at 9:57 AM

Hi Marc!

I’m already an EzineArticles Fan.

I read about Facebook lately. There are more than too many websites using login directly from Facebook, what means that all authors should care about having their profile there. We can submit our articleslinks at Facebook.

We can do the same at Twitter…

Now MySpace is connected to Twitter, and all our updates in one of them appear also in the other one. MySpace became somehow deserted, due to the popularity of Twitter lately, while two years ago it was very powerful online.

Facebook stands up alone, facing both, always at the top.

Comment provided February 16, 2010 at 9:58 AM

Marco Campos writes:

What a great job you guys did on Facebook!!!!!

I love EzineArticles and I love Facebook to market my business! Great combination!!!!

Thank You Very Much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment provided February 16, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Robert Gould writes:

Hi Marc,

Beautiful job! Where can I get one like that? Seriously, who did it? It’s excellent!

Comment provided February 16, 2010 at 10:56 AM

Thanks for the kudos. That was created internally by our Marketing team.

In the next week or two, we’ll be doing a Blog post to share a little more of the “how” we did it so that our Members can capitalize on Facebook in the same way.

Great- I would love to know how you set that up…expecially for the non-tech person! I’d love to include some of those concepts for the Our Little Books fan page, which right now, just looks like other fan pages. Yours is defintiely different. Nice job.

Nice use of the Facebook Platform – How do you create the large image as your first page with the video embedded in the middle. That is the way to roll in 2010

Comment provided February 16, 2010 at 11:08 AM

Like I told Robert, we’ll be revealing some of our “secrets” in the next few weeks. Keep an eye on the Blog. =)

Catrina writes:

Excellent fan page. Well done. I am starting to use EzineArticles and Face book more and more, so can see the benefits. Fantastic

Comment provided February 16, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Looks fantastic!

What app did you use to create the various tabs like Welcome, etc?

Comment provided February 16, 2010 at 11:27 AM

Lisa writes:

As I said on your FB page when you launched it, I love it! It looks great and it has functionality to boot. Look forward to the reveal of some of those secrets. :p

Comment provided February 16, 2010 at 11:35 AM

This is great,and also what a greatjob you guys are doing..

Comment provided February 16, 2010 at 11:35 AM

This is very interesting, purely from the point of view that I have a fan page set up for my book Discover Yourself On The Yellow Brick Road – but I am curious to know this…how did you get the tabs set up (e.g. become a member and discover more) – that’s really cool. And the welcome area is just awesome! Do you need code to do any of that?

Comment provided February 16, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Wow. You have really done an amazing job at this.
An inspiration for us all, and for sure also an aid for us writers! Thank you.

Comment provided February 16, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Lisa Angelettie writes:

Now that’s the way to set up a Facebook Fan Page that truly functions well and looks clean and modern. I can’t wait for you to reveal the “secrets” to how you implemented such a user-friendly design.

Great job!

Comment provided February 16, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Julie Hodges writes:

Thanks so much for all the positive advancements EzineArticles continues to make.

It gets easier all of the time. EzineArticles is the major way I get business exposure and having the opportunity to continue learning how to improve that has been brilliant.

Thank you.

Comment provided February 16, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Tom Bomar writes:

Page looks great Chris!

Comment provided February 16, 2010 at 9:10 PM

They are really working on their site, which is very good and all the changes that have been done are really helpful.

Comment provided February 17, 2010 at 12:01 AM

That is too cool. I didn’t know it was possible to create tabs like that. I’ll be working on my own know if I can figure it out. Nice job, thanks.

Comment provided February 17, 2010 at 5:58 AM

Wow. what a fantastic fanpage you guys have created on Facebook. I can’t wait for you guys to tell about how that can be done. Great Job!
Can I hire you? ;)

Comment provided February 17, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Geoff writes:

It looks cute, nice work.

Comment provided February 18, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Muriel Laroche writes:

I think it looks marvelous!

It also gave me ideas for my own page

Comment provided February 19, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Don writes:

Looks great. Looking forward to going through it all and participating.

Comment provided February 20, 2010 at 11:25 AM

Rocky Torres writes:

An EzineArticles.com facebook fan site! Did you know that I have alot of facebook already? Meaning signing up for different websites and writing on the wall, and EzineArticles.com too (Shy)?

Comment provided February 22, 2010 at 8:50 PM

jon bone writes:

Nice fan page looks good, carry on the good work

Comment provided October 21, 2010 at 1:31 AM