Put Yourself in the EzineArticles Spotlight

Become a part of our latest collaborative video project and shamelessly promote your article writing and marketing success to the world!

We’re of the opinion that almost anybody can be an EzineArticles Expert Author and use our service to help build their website, blog or online store … and we want to prove it using video. But instead of hiring actors and using representative data, we’re calling upon you, our members, to tell us your success story through video. Once we collect the entries, we’ll put the best ones together into one cohesive production that we intend to share with the world.

So what’s in it for you? Well if your video is chosen to be part of our video, your story will be seen by a potential audience of over a quarter-million EzineArticles members, not to mention several thousand other people. That kind of exposure will get you increased credibility, additional visibility and more traffic to your site … plus the accolades of the entire article marketing community.

Does that sound like a worthwhile investment of your time? If so, take about 5 minutes to watch this video – it’ll tell you everything you need to know. Plus you’ll get to see a cool Hollywood-ish explosion!

Downloadable Versions:
WMV Format     MOV Format     MV4 Format     MP3 Format

When you’re ready to put on your Director’s hat, click on the link to the right of the video window to download a PDF checklist of what you’ll need to do to enter. Then get started on producing your video! It’s due before 11:59pm CST(USA) Sunday, March 14th, 2010 – so don’t delay.

What You’ll Need to Do:

Provided your video contains no objectionable material, we’ll post a link to it right here in the Blog.

Make sure you watch the above video and review the PDF checklist. If you still have unanswered questions after that, just leave a comment below and we’ll do our best to answer it.

We’re looking forward to seeing your video!

By the way, just because we’re asking for your video testimonials for this project doesn’t mean we want you to stop sending in all those great written testimonials and endorsements. We love those – so keep those coming too!

Submitted and Approved Video Entries

1. March 07Herman Drost
  2. March 08Andrea Monk
  3. March 09Kim Robinson
  4. March 14Jose Lasa
  5. March 14Maria Alaniz
  6. March 14Lisa Mason
  7. March 14Lois DeWitt
  8. March 18Tracy Todaro
  9. March 19Dale Reynolds

James writes:

I really don’t get it… what’s the point in you offering the benifit of getting my video views when you’re asking me to get my own views on YouTube?

If I already have 100,000 views on my youtube video and have made great efforts to achieve this, why would I care about getting other batch of views from you?

The contest shouldn’t have anything to do with the number of views I can gain, it should only be based on the quality of my video. Unless you intend on having a different incentive other than giving me something I would have already achieved.

Comment provided February 26, 2010 at 12:48 PM

I hear what you’re saying James…

We’re asking for video testimonials that we can share with our 250k members as well as prospective new members.

The ideal expert author who produces a quick video like this should have received genuine value already from EzineArticles.com and wants to share their ‘success’ story to help inspire others.

Evan writes:

Really great idea!

Comment provided February 26, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Mo Bailey writes:

I see great value here.

Swapping exposure to each other has great potential as guest writers in each other’s ezines, referrals from those in other niche’s, JV opportunities and reaching new people in a viral network. Kudos to you Chris!

Thanks for putting this together.

Mo Bailey
Advocacy and Recognition Intelligence Leader

Comment provided February 26, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Marcus Baker writes:

Should be a whole lot of fun and a great opportunity for people to express their creativity other than using the written word!

Comment provided February 26, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Lisa writes:

I like this idea! Sounds like fun. Time to pull out my camera…

Comment provided February 26, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Wow! This is a great idea by EzineArticles. This video project will definitely help the author a great deal.

Comment provided February 26, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Ros writes:

What if we’ve just begun writing EzineArticles? Does this really only apply to those who’ve done quite a bit with EzineArticles and have lots of success to show for it?
My take would be on what I hope to achieve – should I take a shot at it, or would my situation not be useful for this one?

Comment provided February 26, 2010 at 11:23 PM

What we’d like to show is that anybody can benefit from the EzineArticles system to spread the word about their passion or business.

Success can mean a lot of different things to different people, so by all means tell us about your successful beginnings with EzineArticles! :)

Mabia Williams writes:

Great idea. I am preparing my self to get on video :)

Comment provided February 27, 2010 at 2:35 AM

Susan Luke writes:

The way I see it, if you participate in this (no matter how many articles you have written or what stage of success you are at) you WILL increase your exposure and could potentially drive a lot more traffic to your site, so to me it IS a useful exercise to do :)

I’ll have a think and see if I can come up with something suitable.

Comment provided February 27, 2010 at 9:10 PM

Jose Lasa writes:

I think this is a great opportunity to be seen by a far greater audience, even though as a beginer on EzineArticles, I am learning a lot from it, so I will take a shot on making a video. There is nothing to loose and as a matter of fact this could be a great learning experience.
Thanks again for this opportunity.

Jose Lasa

Blessings to those hard working authors

Comment provided February 28, 2010 at 10:17 PM

jacob writes:

Since I was in school I loved to write articles regaring any topic after doing a good research. I have been this field since years and with every passing cloud I have achieved more and more.

Comment provided March 1, 2010 at 12:19 AM

mohsin writes:

Can I use a power point presentation instead of me ?

Comment provided March 1, 2010 at 7:49 AM

I’m afraid not. We have a fairly specific style we’re looking for in our final video and a PowerPoint presentation would not work with that style.

But, if you do a PPT instead, I’d love to see it and possibly share it with our members.

Anything inspirational that tells your story and helps motivate others to write, submit and build their own story is what I think we’re after here.

Great idea. EzineArticles means a lot to Pierrette & I. We have learned to write better content and write more often. The credibility we get is measurable and we love to chat with others about this success.
We will find the way to do a video.(Never done this before) any tips?
Thanks a bunch EzineArticles.
Pierre & Pierrette Thee Quest

Comment provided March 3, 2010 at 6:37 AM

Sharon Danley writes:

You make a connection within 7 seconds visually and your voice tone is a close second. Videos are a fantastic way for people to connect with you on levels they don’t really understand or appreciate. Its a golden tool. And my camera is in the charger.

Comment provided March 7, 2010 at 9:44 AM

The first video has been submitted! Check out the entry list at the end of this Blog post for a daily update on the new entries.

Get yours in soon – the deadline is Sunday, March 14th!

Comment provided March 8, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Video entry #2 has arrived and it looks like Andrea Monk might be upping the ante. 5 days remain to get your video submitted!

Lisa writes:

My vid doesn’t have any explosions :/

But you should see it soon. A bad cough/cold slowed the production process at here at Mason Entertainment. We are soon to be back in business! :p

Comment provided March 8, 2010 at 5:21 PM

We’re all waiting with rapt anticipation for the next release from Mason Entertainment. I can smell the popcorn already …

Ben writes:

This looks like a great idea!

Comment provided March 8, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Can’t wait to see your video, Ben! ;)

GOPAL writes:

Hi every one

Water has ability to flow own self.
Innovation is ability to grow forever.
We have to flow with EzineArticles

Comment provided March 9, 2010 at 12:19 AM

Andrea Monk writes:

Hi everyone,

I really enjoyed putting my video together for Ezine. Thanks for the opportunity. Good luck everyone.

Comment provided March 12, 2010 at 8:17 AM

Jose Lasa writes:

Wow, Wow, that’s what I said when I saw my video together with rest that had been submitted already. Thanks a lot for that great idea of having videos which certainly promotes us, thanks again EzinesArticles and please keep the good work for all those members belonging to this wonderful community.
No more to say so far, just Blessings.

Comment provided March 19, 2010 at 3:58 AM