Articles Remain LIVE While You Make Changes

Until today, any live article that was edited by you, was removed from live status. That has now changed. Moving forward, any article that is edited by you will remain live while it is being reviewed by our editors.

What This Means to You:
If you make a change to your article, a new version of this article will be sent to us (just as if it were a new article), and our editors will review it. During the editorial review process, your old version will remain LIVE and will still be working for you to drive traffic back to your site and build your credibility and exposure. Once the article review is complete, the newly accepted version of the article will replace the old version.

Your Member’s Area will also look a little different. When you make an edit to an article, you’ll notice a “subline” under your article title. This allows you to track the status of your edited articles as they run through our editorial review process. When your edits are approved, you’ll be notified, the subline will disappear, and your old article will be replaced with the new version.

Revisions Not Accepted:
So what happens if we do not accept the new edits you’ve made? Your old version will still remain live, but we’ll notify you that we have encountered a problem and need your help. We’ll alert you via email just like we do with first time submissions. You’ll then have 30 days to make changes to your edits and resubmit your article for another editorial review. If, after 30 days, you haven’t taken any action, that revision will be removed.

KEY POINT: Just because you have the option to edit an article, doesn’t mean you should. If you want to tweak the message because you learned something new, don’t edit an already existing article; WRITE another one. Allow your articles to keep working for you. Remember, the more high-quality live articles you have, the more traffic, exposure and credibility you’ll receive – so only edit the articles that REALLY need it. Your time can now be better spent writing great articles and not agonizing over making each one perfect.

Now get back to writing more articles, and reserve this new feature only for necessary edits.

Leave a comment to share your thoughts on this new procedure.

Grant Gerver writes:

Well all right!

Comment provided February 4, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Joanie writes:

I like this new idea very much. Thank you for continually making it easier for us!!

I don’t know where to begin with you guys. Thanks for keeping our articles live during re-approval waiting time. You’re #1 in your field and deservedly so. The way that you work WITH your writers is fabulous. It truly feels like a team concept here. Your site is beautiful, your stats are useful, etc, etc, etc. Please don’t ever change. It’s an absolute pleasure to work with ultimate professionals!

Holly Eburne writes:

Fantastic news! I wanted to update my resource information and change one of my titles–easy process now.
I appreciate your advice on writing another article rather than trying to perfect an existing one.
Thanks for the changes.

Comment provided February 4, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Holly,

If you have discovered a new article title insight, we encourage you to write a new article with that insight rather than editing an old article title.

MSJ writes:

Thank you for the changes that are taking place on EzineArticles these have enabled our article to still remain on the top in Google. We will also have to take great advantage of all these changes.

Comment provided February 4, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Tyler writes:

Pretty awesome guys. Finally, what we all were awaiting.

Comment provided February 4, 2010 at 11:45 PM

This is great! Thank you!

Comment provided February 5, 2010 at 8:13 AM

craig writes:

This came too late for me but in the future it will be helpful as I deleted an article because I couldn’t get it published with you but no problem on other sites/blogs.

Comment provided February 5, 2010 at 8:26 AM

insuranceman writes:

thank you this makes life a lot easier when changes need to be made.

Comment provided February 5, 2010 at 8:42 AM

Thanks Guys (and one Gal, lol),

It was an obvious evolution after reading all the feedback from the other post. There was an overwhelming majority of users who independently suggested this including myself. Way To Go!

Comment provided February 5, 2010 at 8:48 AM

Michele writes:

Makes perfect sense. I too would rather write a new article than agonize about an old one. Thanks for updating the tool.

Comment provided February 5, 2010 at 8:56 AM

Alex Mitchell writes:

This is a MUCH better solution than what was done in the past. Very nice work folks!!!
Alex

Comment provided February 5, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Jose Jacobs writes:

Thanks for the infomation still working on first
I will haeto start again as think made a muck up first try.
I will write a draft then post it
Jose J L Healthcare

Comment provided February 5, 2010 at 9:23 AM

Jerry Smith writes:

Really good addition. Quick question: Does this also apply to the URL link in the resource box? The link I have there is still active but not ideally the one I want there going forward.

Thanks!

Comment provided February 5, 2010 at 9:27 AM

Jerry,

Your URL will not change. Only the content once the recommend changes have been approved.

Just what I thought I would suggest! Mind boggling mind reading! Thanks and telepathically yours!

Comment provided February 5, 2010 at 9:28 AM

Lisa Mininni writes:

Great idea! Thanks for always looking at how things can be improved. Nice job EzineArticles!

Comment provided February 5, 2010 at 9:31 AM

I totally agree with this new decision. I always hated having my articles not show anymore until you decide if the changes would be accepted. I rarely change anything, but it is nice to know I won’t get penalized for it if do and it will give the site less errors for missing articles.

Comment provided February 5, 2010 at 9:34 AM

Hans writes:

Very good indeed! What took this so long one might wonder; technology or organizational priorities.

Comment provided February 5, 2010 at 11:01 AM

This is another great update. Thank you!

Kathryn

Comment provided February 5, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Pat Fenn writes:

How about if we just want to change the title or change the URL? Does that change the article enough that it has to go through the entire editorial process.

Comment provided February 5, 2010 at 11:15 AM

Pat,

No matter how small, every change requires another editorial review. Please note, that once an article is live, you cannot change the title. At this point, we recommend writing another article.

MJ writes:

Great, thank you so much for this!!!

Comment provided February 5, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Darwin writes:

Great news! I understand about possibly just writing a new article but please clarify if the URL in the resource box can be changed.

Thanks

Comment provided February 5, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Darwin,

Yes, the URL can be changed.

insuranceman writes:

Can you go back and add a link in the text?

Comment provided February 5, 2010 at 12:12 PM

Yes, you can change the content or links in the body and the resource box. Please note that including links in the article body is OK so long as it is near the bottom and is never in the first 3 paragraphs.

(Also, links should never exceed 4 total; 2 non self-serving and 2 self-serving links.)

Shirley Bass writes:

Another nice feature. Thank you EzineArticles.

Comment provided February 5, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Jo de Jong writes:

Invaluable for when you might find a typo, spelling error, or grammatical error that needs fixing…omitted and duplicated words, too. Even the most careful proofreading sometimes isn’t perfect.

Thanks for this improvement.

Comment provided February 5, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Sunganani writes:

This is what I wanted. It’s a great provision. To the rest of us, let’s do a great job at the beginning so that we won’t have to use this feature much.

Sunga

Comment provided February 5, 2010 at 4:46 PM

Julia Gray writes:

I Think this is a fantastic provision. Most of my edits come when I find a typo or some grammatical thing that needs to be tweeked. Thanks guys!

Comment provided February 5, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Sid writes:

I think this is what all of us were hoping would eventually happen. Thanks for making it a reality.

Comment provided February 5, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Gregory writes:

This is why you are the best when it comes to article submission sites. You have helped me a lot in the past with small problems in my articles, and you continue to help all of us with great updates like this. Keep up the excellent work!

Comment provided February 5, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Ruth Seebeck writes:

Thank you – what an improvement. I’m working with a marketer/coach and will be changing my resource box only. Can that be done on my articles without having to resubmit every one?

Comment provided February 5, 2010 at 9:17 PM

George Josserme writes:

My nickname is GeeJay, and for those who do not know me, I am the most hated writer of the tens of thousands EzineArticles has. Quite a TITLE is not it?

One more time, I am the Devil’s Advocate in total and complete disagreement with our Managing Editor Ms. Penny and our CEO Mr Chris.

Ms. Penny stated: “…don’t edit an already existing article; WRITE another one.”

Mr. Chris stated: we encourage you to write a new article …rather than editing an old article title.”

Each word in both statements and the intents in both minds is that EzineArticles is all about “quantity”, “quantity”, “quantity”, and more “quantity”.

What happened to “Quality !”

Well… we are all about numbers, and quality articles wrtten by authors encouraged to update their gradually becoming obsolete information is not a bit part of EzineArticles.

So very sorry to be on the other side of the fence.

I seriously doubt that these words will be published in this forum. Nonetheless, but I will die fighting for quality writing with articles that make a reader realize that he never found quality reading like the one in articles published at EzineArticles.

George “GeeJay” Josserme
The Devil’s Advocate

…also known as the most hated author barely part of EzineArticles.

Comment provided February 5, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Rare is the article edit that actually improves the quality of an article. Majority of edits are purely resource box updates.

In fact, it pleases us when an author updates the quality of their articles and we don’t mind investing the extra labor for this type of edit.

George Josserme writes:

If that is the case, Chris, what is the reason then for your statement “…we encourage you to write a new article …rather than editing an old article and another with the same message from Ms. Penny?”

I would VERY MUCH like to receive e-mails and newsletters signed by EzineArticles’ CEO and Managing Editor anouncing to ALL writers that quality writing must be the number 1 and leading rule of every writer at EzineArticles.

Then… someone may claim that “we are the best”. But all of that is part of Fantasy Land. On my side, I WILL give priority NUMBER 1 to quality, then, comes EzineArticles rules.

George Josserme

The Devil’s Advocate

and…

the most hated writer at EzineArticles
still waiting for his articles’ TITLES to
be re-instated to their original state.

They were altered and truncated many
months ago.

They are MY intellectual property.
I want them back ! – ALL of them !

I maintain that QUALITY is important and EQUALLY important is QUANTITY. You need BOTH to be successful. Quality without Quantity is an incomplete or bad recipe if traffic success if what you’re after.

You’re not the most hated writer. We don’t have a “most hated writer” contest nor do we think that way. Frankly, we don’t hate anyone.

This blog is *not* for member support issues that are better handled privately.

I see one article of yours that our system autocapitalized incorrectly and it’s been corrected:
Including someone in Member Support who received a verbal reprimand for their response to you; which was inaccurate. For that, I apologize.

If you have additional issues other than the one above which appears to me to be resolved, please contact us privately via the CONTACT US link in the upper right corner of your Membership interface.

George Josserme writes:

Thank you Chris !

I do appreciate your taking the time and effort to respond. I really do. I wanted other authors to know that it is gratifying to see that there is at least one down-to-earth person to deal with at EzineArticles.

Using this forum ~which at your request I promise NOT to use for issues other than the intended purpose of it~ was an act of mine as a result of my months-long frustration working on TITLES based on several paramenters ~and after I am done~ an editor decides to change it capriciously.

At that moment, Chris, my intellectual property gets raped and violated as my efforts go down the drain and the aggravations of being passed from one Tech Support person to another makes my experience at EzineArticles pityful.

The actual TITLE is question is “hGH human Growth Hormone…” without the quotes if you want it to show the way scientists decided.

I will continue to provide the best “quality” writing that my abilities permit. I will not ignore your words about “quantity” which have a clear value. Also, I will not update my articles unless necessary to inprove that quality or the information they provide to readers.

Once again, this author thanks you very much once again.

Yours kindly and respectfully,

George Josserme

Laya Bajpai writes:

I think this is an excellent idea. It helps one improve the quality of their articles. For instance, some of the articles I submitted in the initial phase of my career as a freelance writer, met the EzineArticles writer guidelines but lacked any kind of punch. I want to improve on them, this gives me the chance. It is like being offered a second chance in life. I LOVE IT!!

Comment provided February 6, 2010 at 2:53 AM

George Josserme writes:

Laya,

It is not only “an excellent idea”, it is a “mandatory feature” to have, and so, to allow writers “to often” come back to his or her articles to improve them with better English and/or better, more accurate information.

The issue ~if you can understand it~ is NOT the feature. The issue is that EzienArticles’ CEO and Managing Editor offer the feature but they want you and all writers NOT to use and to NOT edit our articles.

They want “quantity”, and consequently, forget what you said in your post about editing your articles becasue they did not have “punch”. Instead, they want you to ignore you punch thing and write another article, and then another, and then another, and then another, and then another, and then some more ignoring the little writing messes you may have left behind for readers to find.

Welcome to EzineArticles !

I like the new Articles Remain Live Procedure a lot. Futuristic indeed!

Regards,

Comment provided February 6, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Rocky Torres writes:

Hi! This is a very good topic. I am one of the new expert authors, as an author, I make it a point to submit my articles and be sure that I already finished it wisely and beautifully! I am really not interested in editing articles while it is live. This is Rocky and this is my comment.

Comment provided February 7, 2010 at 12:58 AM

CCraig@Unique Necklaces writes:

I say thank you. It is a fantastic new option, especially the speed of information aquired now a days. Or maybe a new inspiration hits and now there is an option to share that new twist to your article.

Comment provided February 7, 2010 at 6:28 AM

Thank you so much! What an excellent, high value feature! You folks are number one on the net and with me. Thank you again!

Octavien

Comment provided February 7, 2010 at 11:55 AM

Great Option! Its a sign of the times. We publish and edit at the speed of light. How Amazing!

Comment provided February 7, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Thanks for the info article. I appreciate it.

Comment provided February 7, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Norman writes:

I made a post (which was approved) but was submitted under my wrong pen-name. I re-edited the article just by changing the author name to the correct pen-name. When I resubmitted the article and approved, the author name did not change.

What’s the process in getting the article changed to the correct pen-name?

Thanks

Comment provided February 9, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Norman,

You cannot make that change. We would need to assist you with that one. Please see your email for the details.

Well now, that makes EzineArticles more special than others. Thanks a lot EzineArticles.

Comment provided February 11, 2010 at 8:09 AM

Geoff writes:

Leaving them live is a better idea I agree.

Comment provided February 11, 2010 at 8:37 AM

paul writes:

This is a great idea. i’ve just used it to make some small changes and point an article to another site. It was all sorted within a few hours. Really efficient.

Comment provided February 18, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Cecilia writes:

I accessed this blog to see how to edit my articles but have now decided not to do that but to write new ones. I am glad to have read all this info, thank you.

Comment provided July 25, 2010 at 5:13 AM