Every month @EzineArticles provides well over 100 useful tidbits of information and training – we’ve gathered the best ones here.
The following is a list of (30) assorted author tips, insider info, fun facts and reminders we tweeted in the month of January. Any one of these could have been just the tool you needed to turbo-charge your article marketing efforts.
Just CLICK on to auto-populate your Twitter status field. Then edit for length and retweet to your heart’s content!
EzineArticles Tips and Training Snippets:
- How to shut off the WYSIWYG editor: Account Manager, Account Preferences, Article Editing, select NO.
- Don’t re-invent the wheel every time you write. Build on what you know & have a system in place.
- Reader Confidence Tip: Make sure your resource box links to a site that is highly related to your article topic.
- Tip to write more articles in less time: Write first, edit later. Don’t get bogged down on 1st drafts.
- Out of ideas? Remember, Top 5’s and 10’s never go out of style! Write one today!
- On article topics: Remember, the more closely related the article content is to your link, the higher your CTR.
EzineArticles Fun Facts:
- Fun Fact for 2009: We knocked out over 100,000 dead links thanks to our Article Diagnostic Center tool.
- Fun Fact: 1 reason Premium members signed up: Article Scheduling feature. Upload many articles…then delay release.
- Fun Fact: In December our Premium members scheduled 6,378 articles for future release.
- Fun Fact: 8am CST is the most popular time for articles scheduled for release.
- Fun Fact: You can submit articles that you’ve used on your sites and blogs as long as you OWN it.
- Fun Fact: Readers love finding info quickly. So help them out with lists and headings!
EzineArticles Inside Information:
- Check out the new look of our YouTube Channel. We brewed it fresh, just for you! http://is.gd/6PLbu
- Didn’t attend Chris Knight’s “Scaling Article Marketing” talk at ASW10? Here’s what you missed: http://is.gd/6PGXW
- Qualifiers for the Holiday Mug Mini-Challenge discovered a little surprise in their mug box! http://is.gd/6LsUi
- Developers: http://API.EzineArticles.com/ – Create new accounts for your members and submit articles directly via the API.
- Congrats to the 55 members who earned an EzineArticles holiday mug! Were you on the list? http://is.gd/65Fuc
- Happy New Year from the entire team at EzineArticles! http://is.gd/5Hsso
- Article Acid Test: B4 you submit, do you feel your article is REMARKABLE? If not, improve some more.
- Stay ahead of your market by delivering both QUALITY and QUANTITY. 2010 is a good time to start adding more bulk.
- Writing without a target audience is like throwing darts while wearing a blindfold. It’s still possible to win, but it’s much harder!
- ‘Write your article 1st thing every morning, you won’t have to worry about it for rest of day.’ http://is.gd/5KEbG
- Read @JeffHerring’s post about the 3rd HAHD Marathon Challenge – http://is.gd/5KEtN
- It only takes minutes to fact check or fix grammar, but much longer to earn back lost readers.
Misc. Words of Wisdom:
- How To Use Traffic Search Terms, now on YouTube: http://is.gd/8buUh
- Good titles use SEO-friendly long-tail keywords. Great titles do the same yet still read organically.
- Want to improve your CTR? Focus on CONTENT, not SEO.
- If EzineArticles were Nike, instead of JUST DO IT, our slogan would be, JUST WRITE IT!
- Your author name should match the name on articles posted on other sites. Don’t confuse your readers with different names.
- Increase Your Content Footprint by Increasing Your Article Inventory. More articles = More traffic potential.
Have you got a Twitter question? Post it here to get some answers.