If your niche has anything to do with Internet Marketing, our videos could be just the ticket for keeping your website visitors around longer while leveraging our Article Writing & Marketing free video training library!
Back in August of 2009, we showed you how to easily add EzineArticles videos (or any other videos for that matter) to your website or blog using YouTube.com’s embed code. Since then, YouTube has revised the process for creating the HTML code to provide more flexibility and a better user experience – so we figured it was time to revisit this topic.
We’ve also upgraded our YouTube Channel recently to be more eye-appealing and user friendly. If you haven’t seen it lately, stop by and take a look around.
(5) Easy Steps to Embedding an EzineArticles Video:
- Go to the EzineArticles YouTube Channel and pick out the video you’d like to add to your site. You’ll see a complete list of available videos on the right-hand side of our channel view. Click on the one you want to embed and it will begin playing immediately in the main viewer.
- Click on the title of the video you selected beneath the main viewer – this will take you to the main page for that particular video.
- Click in the field to the right of the video window labeled “Embed” – this will open a menu of options for customizing the video to suit your needs.
- Right click within the field labeled “Embed” and select “Copy” from the drop down menu. The code for the video “Discover the Value of EzineArticles.com” looks like this:
- <object width="500" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wJKmWWI6Lug&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wJKmWWI6Lug&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="315"></embed></object>
- Open the source code of your web page, or go to the appropriate place in your blog (Widgets for WordPress, Gadgets for Blogger) and paste the code where you want it. When you’re all done, the embedded video should look something like this … only larger:
- Go to any video at http://EzineArticles.com/Videos/
- Click on the YouTube icon under the video of your choice (Only videos older than 10 days are currently available on YouTube).
- Follow steps 3-5 from above.
The embed process works in Firefox, MSIE, Safari, Chrome, and most other browsers. Most browsers have Flash already installed, if not, your viewer will be prompted to get the free download.
Now that you know how simple this process is, get out there and start adding videos to all of your sites and blogs! Of course, this technique works with any video on YouTube, but we sincerely hope at least one of them will be ours. =)
Our videos are created to help our members and potential members alike. Leave a comment and tell us how you put them to good use.