If you’re a Twitter user who doesn’t follow @EzineArticles, you’re missing a lot of great EzineArticles information and training!
The following is a list of (30) assorted author tips, insider info, fun facts and reminders we tweeted in the month of December. Any one of these could have been just the tool you needed to turbo-charge your article marketing efforts.
Just CLICK on to auto-populate your Twitter status field. Then just edit for length and retweet to your heart’s content!
EzineArticles Tips and Training Snippets:
- Like a river, articles need to flow naturally. Don’t drown readers with more than 1 topic/article.
- Prioritize! Don’t agonize for hours over style or syntax – focus on clarity and organization first.
- In titles, don’t repeat keywords for the sake of repeating keywords. Instead, introduce the article topic.
- Grammar Tip: Sentences need structure to ensure clarity. Commas, subject, verbs and nouns all have their place.
- Best way to make suggestions for improvement? Use the FEEDBACK form – bottom of every page in your membership interface.
EzineArticles Fun Facts:
- Fun Fact: Dec.1, every 15 seconds on avg, someone submitted an article to EzineArticles.com.
- Fact: A year ago, we had over 100,000 dead links in the site. Now it’s less than half that and falling.
- Fun Fact: Farther relates to distance, while further is used in the figurative sense.
- Fun Fact: Many readers think of articles as website previews. Rehashed content or lots of errors = NO click-thru.
- Fun Fact: If you can write a 7 item grocery list, you can create a 7 Tips Article.
- Fun Fact: Did you know there are 14 tenses? http://twitpic.com/tr6pi [From my 6th grade teacher!]
EzineArticles Inside Information:
- New RBL service installed to protect against known & verified spam domains.
- Introduced a new short URL format for tweets sent on your behalf for newly published articles.
- Pssst… Go log in and check your Article Reports dashboard. Find the new percentage stat?
- 57 members lost Platinum status because their emails bounced. Keep your email address current.
- Something fresh and hot is brewing on our Twitter Home page – http://twitter.com/EzineArticles/
- Our Video Archive pages got a cosmetic upgrade. See the new look at http://EzineArticles.com/videos/
- @EzineArticles – I pledge to write and submit at least 100 articles before Apr 10 for the 3rd HAHD Challenge. Go me! http://is.gd/5xWJW
- Reason 1 to not plagiarize. It weakens your ability to deliver unique value and perform well in your market.
- Steady article writing is like tinkering. You continue to apply incremental changes to spark creativity and new ideas.
- Writing is like exercising. If you only do it on occasion, you’ll never feel or look better. Write on a daily basis!
- Congratulations @duncanbrodie for your remarkable 250k+ articles views!
- Writing is like baking. Hurry and you forget the essential ingredients. Pace yourself and you’ll taste perfection.
Misc. Words of Wisdom:
- Readers will judge you based on your articles. Ensure they get the right impression – offer quality!
- Great localized niche articles provide specific content on the locale. Impress readers with facts.
- Beware of homonyms! They trip up even the best writers. Ex: their, there, they’re; your, you’re.
- ‘Dragon Dictation’ app is now available free for the iPhone. Has anybody tried using it to write articles?
- Choose your article TITLE wisely. New guidelines no longer allow title changes to live articles.
- New Video: Leverage the EzineArticles ‘Authors Tools’ services in your membership interface – http://is.gd/5rNiw
Have you got a Twitter question? Post it here to get some answers.