Article Writing Tips to ReTweet

If you’re a Twitter user who doesn’t follow @EzineArticles, you’re missing a lot of great EzineArticles information and training!

The following is a list of (30) assorted author tips, insider info, fun facts and reminders we tweeted in the month of December. Any one of these could have been just the tool you needed to turbo-charge your article marketing efforts.

Just CLICK on to auto-populate your Twitter status field. Then just edit for length and retweet to your heart’s content!

EzineArticles Tips and Training Snippets:

• Like a river, articles need to flow naturally. Don’t drown readers with more than 1 topic/article.
  • Prioritize! Don’t agonize for hours over style or syntax – focus on clarity and organization first.
  • In titles, don’t repeat keywords for the sake of repeating keywords. Instead, introduce the article topic.
  • Grammar Tip: Sentences need structure to ensure clarity. Commas, subject, verbs and nouns all have their place.
  • Best way to make suggestions for improvement? Use the FEEDBACK form – bottom of every page in your membership interface.
  • Improve your Landing Page – include Privacy Policy, About Us, Contact Us. No contact info = Low trust.

EzineArticles Fun Facts:

• Fun Fact: Dec.1, every 15 seconds on avg, someone submitted an article to EzineArticles.com.
  • Fact: A year ago, we had over 100,000 dead links in the site. Now it’s less than half that and falling.
  • Fun Fact: Farther relates to distance, while further is used in the figurative sense.
  • Fun Fact: Many readers think of articles as website previews. Rehashed content or lots of errors = NO click-thru.
  • Fun Fact: If you can write a 7 item grocery list, you can create a 7 Tips Article.
  • Fun Fact: Did you know there are 14 tenses? http://twitpic.com/tr6pi [From my 6th grade teacher!]

EzineArticles Inside Information:

• New RBL service installed to protect against known & verified spam domains.
  • Introduced a new short URL format for tweets sent on your behalf for newly published articles.
  • Pssst… Go log in and check your Article Reports dashboard. Find the new percentage stat?
  • 57 members lost Platinum status because their emails bounced. Keep your email address current.
  • Something fresh and hot is brewing on our Twitter Home page – http://twitter.com/EzineArticles/
  • Our Video Archive pages got a cosmetic upgrade. See the new look at http://EzineArticles.com/videos/

Motivational Moments:

• @EzineArticles – I pledge to write and submit at least 100 articles before Apr 10 for the 3rd HAHD Challenge. Go me! http://is.gd/5xWJW
  • Reason 1 to not plagiarize. It weakens your ability to deliver unique value and perform well in your market.
  • Steady article writing is like tinkering. You continue to apply incremental changes to spark creativity and new ideas.
  • Writing is like exercising. If you only do it on occasion, you’ll never feel or look better. Write on a daily basis!
  • Congratulations @duncanbrodie for your remarkable 250k+ articles views!
  • Writing is like baking. Hurry and you forget the essential ingredients. Pace yourself and you’ll taste perfection.

Misc. Words of Wisdom:

• Readers will judge you based on your articles. Ensure they get the right impression – offer quality!
  • Great localized niche articles provide specific content on the locale. Impress readers with facts.
  • Beware of homonyms! They trip up even the best writers. Ex: their, there, they’re; your, you’re.
  • ‘Dragon Dictation’ app is now available free for the iPhone. Has anybody tried using it to write articles?
  • Choose your article TITLE wisely. New guidelines no longer allow title changes to live articles.
  • New Video: Leverage the EzineArticles ‘Authors Tools’ services in your membership interface – http://is.gd/5rNiw

Have you got a Twitter question? Post it here to get some answers.

Ton pascal writes:

When you accept an article, there should be an Icon available to immediatly ‘notify’ it on Twitter as Digg does.
Ton Pascal

Comment provided January 8, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Steve writes:

Do you know what Twittley.com is? It is like Digg, but for Twitter users. I was reading Christopher’s email and I realized Twittley is so perfect for EzineArticles members. You can submit your articles over Twittley with your Twitter login. These articles will then be retweeted by the user community and others that visit the site from all over the world. This can give you great exposure to your articles. Twittley also has a WordPress plugin that puts a Twittley button on your blog for each article so that visitors can retweet your articles without leaving your blog or website. It is such a perfect match for EzineArticles Writers to use. If you want to learn more you can go to twittley.com

Comment provided January 8, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Ton pascal writes:

Thanks Steve.
I use twitterFeed and tweetlater and don’t want to add more to the list. My best TP

Princeleye writes:

How do I make money through Social networking sites like Tweeter, Facebook, etc., on my blog?

Comment provided January 9, 2010 at 5:35 AM

Best to figure out how to make money with your website first and then use social media to bring a trickle of traffic back to your website.

Social Media, like Article Marketing, is about highly pre-qualified lead generation & traffic attraction rather than direct money making.

james writes:

Very nice. I’m sure it will help many people…

Comment provided January 9, 2010 at 7:12 AM

Nice tips!

Comment provided January 9, 2010 at 7:48 AM

How can I get my old articles up on twitter.All my articles are “evergreen” and twitter is very fast paced.I would love to be able to tweet them whenever I can.Thank you very much.
PS. Twitter and EzineArticles go well together to improve your business. My views have doubled since joining twitter

Comment provided January 9, 2010 at 8:10 AM

You’d have to do it manually.

We’ve often considered doing this for our members automatically, but that feature would be ‘ripe’ for abuse… therefore, it’s best if you do it manually.

Thanks Chris. I have been doing it manually and it works well. I am here to learn. Thank you very much.
Pierre

Paul Germana writes:

Hey Pierre,
You may not be able to automatically up load old articles, but what you do post can be posted to all your social networks instantly and simultaneously. Open an account at twitterfeed.com and then take the feed from your EzineArticles.com account and stream it through twitterfeed to your twitter account, your facebook account or a free ping.fm account which will send out a pure stream to “all” of your social networks simultaneously. This is one of the most impressive tools I’ve ever seen. I post to Diigo, Delicious, Twitter, MySpace, Tagged, Linked In, FriendFeed, Blogger, Identica, Plurk, Plaxo, Hi5 and about thirty others, all instantly and simultaneously. With the unique settings and configurations of the various networks, it is easily possible to stream out to nearly 100 networks instantly. Then it’s just a matter of getting out there and interacting. [which is absolutely essential] Keep in touch Pierre (ur friend Paul)

Whatever you do, know that if we get any complaints from others or we become banned by any social media network due to ‘spamming’ behavior by any of our members… know that your account could become in jeopardy.

I recommend that you do not spam or promote in mass any article on EzineArticles to a 3rd party website. Let us take care of bringing you maximum traffic while you invest your time writing & submitting new articles.

You’ll see more from us in 2010 in terms of social media syndication.

Paul Germana writes:

I agree Chris. It’s important to build relationships with friends in social networks. I have friends all over the US, India, Brazil, Africa, Arabia and Europe. According to what I have been taught, list building should center around creating good content to increase link your popularity and keep a good relationship with the list you build. Social networks are a great way to keep association with others before you ever capture them as leads. In ping.fm you have the option to specify whether you want to update your blogs, micro-blogs or just individual statuses. That way you can visit your networks at your own leisure, but still keep them regularly up to date. I would only want a status update on Facebook and a micro-blog update at Twitter, because people can allow friend updates to show in their homepage at Facebook, while they show automatically at Twitter. With these settings just the title of my post appears and only to people who have approved me as a friend. Anyone who says there is spam involved in this lies outright or is just the type of person to approve every friend request that comes to their in-box. They have the nerve to get angry with the people whom they have accepted as friends. And what’s more, all they have to do is block the person or remove them from their friend list. The power is right there in the hands of the user. They cannot blame Twitter, Facebook, EzineArticles.com or anyone else for that matter. At the end of the day it is the user needs to practice proper ethics and manners.

thank you a lot for your tips, it helps me a lot, becouse i am not that good in writing articles, you gave me useful tips

Comment provided January 11, 2010 at 6:47 AM

Paul Germana writes:

I am learning about how just being online, reading posts and participating in blogs and forums as well as twitter, facebook and friendfeed can actually be more effective than email campaigning. After all, I think were here to learn and have fun. I think spending all my time building webpages, and blasting out emails is not only a waste of time, but a very lonely means of staying broke. Twitter simplifies and speeds up the process of communication, but it can also attract a lot of fruitless hype. I learned that the hard way.

Comment provided January 11, 2010 at 11:23 AM

You are so right Paul.Their is a lot of work involved, but with people like EzineArticles they teach you the way.I found my patience with EzineArticles.I re-kindled with my love of writing useful information. I improved my communication skills and my English.
Keep writing,
Keep working hard.Pierre

Paul Germana writes:

I was just telling my writing coach today, “I have pretty good writing skills, but because I haven’t used them a whole heck of a lot over the years, they seem a little rusty and I appear to be suffering from what I like to call “contextual tunnel vision”. I’ll be so sure I’m right on point, but later discover that I completely off the mark.
We can go for years being internet vegetables and not even realize it, much less ‘why’. LOL

Geoff writes:

There are some excellent tips here.

Comment provided January 11, 2010 at 4:59 PM

KarenBrandon writes:

These tips are very useful. Article writing is very effective for of Internet marketing.It gives an idea that there are some events constantly happening in the website.

Comment provided January 19, 2010 at 3:24 AM

I love the fun facts and the words of wisdom, but I like the writing tips better. Thanks!

Comment provided January 21, 2010 at 9:50 AM