Scaling Article Marketing Reviews

How to Increase Your Content Footprint on the Internet.

Last week I spoke at Affiliate Summit West in Las Vegas on “Scaling Article Marketing for Affiliate Marketers”.

The theme of my talk was how important it is to write more articles if you want more traffic. Your website traffic is proportionate to your article inventory.

I won’t be sharing the slide presentation, but thankfully several dozen audience members took notes on Twitter and 3 of them even posted reviews in their blogs. So, if you missed the event…

Here they are:

1. EzineArticles Expert Author Brad Gosse did a video review. [ReTweet This]

2. Eric Nagel was on fire and took 3 1/2 pages of notes of which he summarized for you here. [ReTweet This]

3. Shannon Weidemann (aka, the Marketing Elf) posted a nice comprehensive blog review. [ReTweet This]

In conclusion, if you want more traffic … write and submit more high-quality original articles to EzineArticles.com in exchange for more exposure, credibility-boosting power and highly pre-qualified visitors back to your website!

James W. Chase writes:

Chris, thanks fot the advice. Good information.

Comment provided January 25, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Hi Chris!

Thank you for your guidance!

I understand that you give more importance to quantity than to quality, because we need too many articles online if we want to see positive results.

I still give more importance to quality though, because Im educating my readers, and teaching them something they dont know. I have to beat my competitors with the quality of my work, because this is what makes it totally different, and far superior from what my competitors are doing.

However, Ive noticed that now that I have so many articles online my business is much better than it was in the last two years.

Therefore, Im trying to be more productive, besides still caring a lot for my articlesquality. Everything is important…

Comment provided January 25, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Emily Erickson writes:

If you write quality, you get the same extra traffic BUT IT TAKES LONGER.

Emily Erickson writes:

If you write quality, you get the same extra traffic BUT IT TAKES LONGER.

Jeff Herring writes:

When I want more traffic, I write more articles…

When I want more prospects, I write more articles…

When I want more subscribers, I write more articles…

When I want more online visibility, I write more articles…

When I want more listeners, I write more articles…

When I want more profits, I write more articles…

I could make it more complicated, but why?

Chris could make it more complicated, but why?

It really is as simple as that…

Jeff

Comment provided January 25, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Charles Moore writes:

That was written perfectly! Now I better go and write an article…or make that a few. I need more of it all so there is work to do!

Dear Jeff,

Even though you have no talent on poetry, your content is very good!

Chris, even though this is not part of todays topic, could you please solve a problem at our author page?

I want to write an article about an old topic, showing something different about it. I found my best article about it, submitted in 03/04/2008, using the advanced search tool, because I wanted to read it.

But then I wanted to see its traffic search terms and use them in my new title, since Im writing about the same topic again, even though Im going to explain the meaning of something else related to this old topic.

So, I had to look for this article written in 2008… in my article report, in order to find its details. I have already written too many articles… its hard to look for a specific article among so many, even when I know its date of publication.

Couldnt you give us all the details about an article when we look for it using the advanced search tool? We need to be able to see the traffic search terms, and everything else about an article, once we find it using your system, as if we were examining our articles report.

Thank you in advance!

Comment provided January 25, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Christina,

Are you asking for all the stats we track to be displayed in the advanced search results?

I have offered your recommendation to our developers for consideration. Right now, we do not offer that information in this search function.

Yes, Penny! Thank you for asking!

When we look for an article, we usually want to see all the details about it, for many reasons.

PS. My old article appeared as published in 03/04/2008 when I used the advanced search tool, while in my article reports it appears as published in 03/06/2008. Another reason why it is difficult to find an articles traffic search terms based on its date of publication, after finding it through the advanced search tool…

Comment provided January 25, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Eva Pasco writes:

Chris,

Thanks for the pep talk…often we need a coach to egg us on–to the finish line of our next article.

Eva

Comment provided January 26, 2010 at 9:12 AM

WEC writes:

Ok, ok ok. I’ll submit more articles! haha, great info, thanks for the constant support you guys provide us writers.

Comment provided January 26, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Earlyn Shuffler writes:

Thanks again for sharing.

I committed to writing one article a week this year to promote my new website but after reviewing your recommendations I know now that it will have to be a lot more.

My focus was on the primary key phrase but I will now have to go after the long tail phrases in order to get more articles written.

You gave us a faster approval system so we need to produce a little faster to take advantage of the service.

Keep up the great work

Earlyn

Comment provided January 26, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Elisabeth Kuhn writes:

Well, I’ve been of the quality over quantity school myself, but realize that both is important.

And since I’m enjoying my new Holiday mug so much, I’m definitely aiming for that HAHD3 mug, which means… lots more articles ;-)

And Jeff put it perfectly, great poetry or not.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Comment provided January 26, 2010 at 3:36 PM

I really love EzineArticles. Your service Rocks.
Launched a product last week.
Got seen via my article #3 in Google even before my page was indexed – made sales!

Takes me hours to write 1 article – but it sure is worth it.

Cheers,

Kitty.

Comment provided January 26, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Jeff’s comments are right on. i took Jeff’s Article Marketing for Beginners an it changed the way I write articles. Jeff’s course gave me the knowledge to put out more articles and quality articles. I will be attending NAM3 and hope to learn even more from Jeff Herring.Thanks Jeff an Chris
Gail J Richardson

Comment provided January 26, 2010 at 3:57 PM

It is amazing how much I learn when I write an article.

Comment provided January 26, 2010 at 7:24 PM

George Cullen writes:

Hi Friends…

Well i have 21 live articles on EzineArticles and frankly speaking.. it means a lot to me having those on EzineArticles … but i am not able to recall the real benefits from the same.

As the visitor count head is not growing in comprehensive way to my website.

Although i found that my article ranked well within the EzineArticles system but the real traffic is missing from a long time.

Please suggest me some points on which i am missing.. so that i can also get along with Jeff’s poem

Comment provided January 27, 2010 at 2:04 AM

George,

I’m not sure what you are asking. What are you referring to when you say “real traffic” ?

George,

Most Members find that they don’t see an appreciable jump in traffic until they reach 100 articles or more.

The best approach is to take a look at these training materials:
http://EzineArticles.com/training/ to figure out what you might be missing.

Also, review past blog posts for ways to improve your article marketing efforts and then put those newly discovered skills into practice by writing and submitting more articles.

Article Marketing isn’t a system that requires “Faith” but rather it requires consistency over the long-term of writing & submitting new articles.

I see Brad’s gonna start Article Marketing:

Cool.

Comment provided January 27, 2010 at 5:30 AM

Mark Stein writes:

I’m starting to get the idea that I need to start writing articles. I knew I needed to, but did’nt realize how important it is. I’ve got to get hot on it! Thanks

Comment provided January 27, 2010 at 3:51 PM

Don H. Morris writes:

Okay, I obviously need to get something straight.Did you say it increases click-throughs to have your photo in you bio box? ‘Cause the EzineArtices system will not allow this. I just tried it. –(

If not the bio box, then where?

Comment provided January 27, 2010 at 4:15 PM

Don H. Morris writes:

It seems I was confused about the author bio box, or profile as I would call it, and the article resource box (what I thought was meant by the bio box). You need to be clear about which one you mean when you ref to these, since I am sure i am not the only one who made this mistake–I hope. ;-)

Don,

Here is some more added value that will help you along: http://blog.EzineArticles.com/2009/07/create-a-great-extended-author-bio.html

Calvin writes:

Anyone else having trouble submitting articles today? I’ve been getting errors for the past 14 hours. Tried FireFox, IE, and Safari. Everything failed. Even restarted my PC – still couldn’t submit.

I also noticed two things:
1) The keywords box is not automatically generating keywords anymore.
2) The Save Changes button is not working.

I successfully submitted articles from Monday to Wed. There were error messages displayed, but the articles went through. I’ve tried the contact form, but there has been no reply yet. (I know it is a little soon to get a reply.) However, with no announcement of downtime on the author’s home page, it seems as if EzineArticle’s management do not know about the problems.

Comment provided January 28, 2010 at 6:20 AM

Calvin,

Are you adding the article body last? Omitting this will not allow the other fields on the interface to work properly. You must add the content in the article body to get these fields to work.

ie. Don’t skip over the article body and add info to your other fields first. I recommend entering the body before moving on.

Emily Erickson writes:

I think this is probably good advice, based on when I have been attacked by the ‘yellow box monster.’

Calvin writes:

The helpdesk (?) managed to help me get the article submitted. Apparently, my article mentioned a prohibited organization and was kicked out by the system. Unfortunately, it only showed me a generic error message, “Unable to submit article. Please try again later.” without letting me know the specific error.

Frankly, I rather miss the old article submission interface. I feel that it was more reliable because it did not use all the fancy AJAX and Javascript stuff.

Jojo writes:

Submission Speed

Is there anyway you can speed up the submission process on articles?

Comment provided January 28, 2010 at 10:38 AM

Jojo,

Can you be a little more specific about what you mean by the “submission process”? Which aspect in particular?

Jojo writes:

When I submit an article it takes about 1-2 minutes to be sent to the editors

Emily Erickson writes:

Not my experience. The yellow box monster accuses me of the strangest things. The site said they were going to work on that.

Emily Erickson writes:

Reputation (quality) is more important to me than putting 300 articles on chicken coops out there. I find my recipes attract more readers than my aritcles but attract not ONE click to my site. Gee, are they running to the kitchen, or what? My clients (I am a telephone advisor) all say the same thing: WE WANT RECIPES. Recipes generate no traffic. Hmmm. What is this all about?

Comment provided January 28, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Emily,

Then perhaps a better route would be to write articles on cooking tips, kitchen preps, the best ingredients, taste tests results…etc. AND then offer them the recipes on your site. After all, the best cooks with the best recipes, know all the best cooking tricks.

Food for thought :)

Emily Erickson writes:

If you are one person, and you want a limited number of quality clients, you do NOT want to troll for quantity responses. If you are selling a ten-dollar to fifty-dollar item or items, then you DO want quantity responses. Personally, I am looking for what the Marines are: ‘a few good’ men. If a large number of tire kickers contactd me, I would be swamped. ‘Traffic’ may or may not per se be a given writer’s objective.

Comment provided January 28, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Julia Trudeau writes:

I think the quantity vs. quality issue is a matter of what you want to accomplish. If you have a reputation at stake, then obviously it’s more important to post quality stuff at the expense of less posts/week. But if you are just looking to bring in as much traffic as possible, spend less time on each article and pump out more per week.

Comment provided October 27, 2010 at 2:06 PM