Here’s a behind-the-scenes look at the Developers who work to make the EzineArticles Platform the best:
[Their ThinkGeek shirts actually show how strong the WiFi signal is. Pretty nerdy, eh?]
You may already know that two human Editors review every article that is submitted (1st editorial review and a Quality Control 2nd review), but what you may not know is how many additional people are involved behind-the-scenes in touching every single article submission to ensure the success of each member, user and internal user of our platform.
As many as 15-17 people are involved in every single article submission transaction!
Example activities include:
- Ensuring the servers are operating efficiently to all of the error/handling
- Link-quality checking
- Author/member history profiles
- Social media distribution systems
- Statistics and reporting
- Site security
- Site/article “discoverability”
- Email servers for messaging/email alerts/newsletters/sequenced and segmented mailings
- RSS/XML feeds/widgets
- Usability and tracking member analytics and feedback
- API’s to all of our internal systems that ensure the continuity/accuracy of our databases
Most of our software platform development philosophies are kept fairly confidential because this is our “secret sauce” for how we deliver a delightful experience to our users, members, partners, employees and everyone involved in EzineArticles System.
Four things to share about our Development Team:
- Speed Rules – Everything revolves around benchmarking, delivering speed, tweaking code to improve performance, and using analytics and various other tools to measure our performance so that we can continually improve how fast we deliver all of our services externally and internally.
- Think in Scale – Everything we create must be able to handle massive future scaling requirements.
- Constant Innovation is What Makes Us Tick – Members, users and our internal team provide constant feedback combined with our own analytics data as the basis for our priorities and all yet-to-be-released features.
- Build Trust – Trust is built on database integrity, consistency of performance, uptime and speed of accessibility.
Most of our developers are working on multiple projects at once from a list of at least 100 different feature requests or process improvements. I’m proud of our team – their efforts form the foundation of our platform and cement our ability to execute our business strategy and to deliver on every single expectation of the million+ daily visitors to the site!
I often get the credit here in the Blog when new features roll out, but it’s our team of Developers who deserve the credit. They are the “secret sauce!” :-)