EzineArticles iPhone Interface

EzineArticles gives you another reason to love your iPhone or iPod Touch.

If you’re an iPhone or iPod Touch user, you may have noticed a significant change in how EzineArticles.com appears in your mobile browser. That’s because we now offer an interface that is specifically designed and optimized for those devices.

The good news is that you don’t have to do anything different to take advantage of this improved interface. Our systems will automatically detect your iPhone or iPod Touch and redirect your browser to the specialized interface.

Advantages of the New Interface:

• More Visually Appealing
  • Easier and Quicker to Navigate
  • Faster, More Efficient Page Loads

What you’re currently seeing is version 1.0 of this software – and we think it’s a pretty good start. But now we need your help to tell us how we can change and improve it to better suit your needs. Later versions will strive to incorporate the features and changes you feel are most important.

So spend a few minutes checking it out and then come back here and leave a comment to let us know what you think. Better yet, tap on the “Leave a comment” link at the top of this post on your iPhone or iPod Touch instead! Either way, we’d love to get your input.

Candace Sinclair writes:

Bravo! Thanks so much for the iPhone compatible interface. It makes reading the tweets and blog entries so much more fun and viewable.

Candace

Comment provided January 6, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Adriel Yapana writes:

Very clean looking interface… Adriel Yapana

Comment provided January 6, 2010 at 12:01 PM

Jason writes:

What about people with android phones? Don’t forget us! A whole new MOBILE website would be ideal so everyone can benefit. Right now, the page is so huge it’s hard to navigate around it. Plus, it will definitely increase the amount of time people stay on the site in general. Right now, I wouldn’t browse around the site on my phone….

Comment provided January 6, 2010 at 12:11 PM

If our site looks bad on a “Droid”… maybe you should have got an iPhone?

;-)

Just kidding. We love the Droid too. It’s on deck.

Manny writes:

Where can I download the app for my iPod Touch?

Comment provided January 6, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Manny,

It’s not an “App” but rather think of it as an iPhone/iTouch skin for EzineArticles.com.

Just open up Safari on your iTouch and surf EzineArticles.com. Our site will autodetect you’re on an iTouch and serve up a customized site for it.

I can also share with everyone that we’re working on adding a lot more functionality to this iPhone site including all of your regular Expert Author profile and social media links. Expect improvements this quarter yet.

Thanks EzineArticles for sharing this great news, this will now allow my readers who have the iPhone to get my articles faster and easier. I love the new outlook!

Comment provided January 6, 2010 at 12:44 PM

I just love my iPhone and creating articles for my mentoring students at EzineArticles. This new look will make my students happy that they will now be able to navigate quicker and enjoy the site more. Great job guys!

Comment provided January 6, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Mark Kemp writes:

Great link. Thanks so much.

Comment provided January 6, 2010 at 1:10 PM

David Perdew writes:

Chris –

I’m reading and writing this on my iPhone at 34,000 feet somewhere over Oklahoma – obviously, I use my iPhone a lot. And now, you’ve made EzineArticles accessible even here.

Thanks once again for the great site.

David Perdew
nicheaffiliatemarketingsystem.com

Comment provided January 6, 2010 at 1:12 PM

Fantastic service and timely too! The shift to mobile
web usage is gaining momentum rapidly and EzineArticles is keeping up with the demand – smart move!.

Regards,

Brian

Comment provided January 6, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Felicity Macswitcher writes:

Would also love it if you could do an interface with Blackberry? :-)

Comment provided January 6, 2010 at 4:23 PM

YEA..!! i wud say blackberries r better than both of these..:D

Dave Doolin writes:

You should seriously consider making this an app and putting it into the App Store. I went to look for it, then had to come back here to dig out more info.

Comment provided January 6, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Digisha Modi writes:

Wow it really looks good…

Comment provided January 6, 2010 at 10:03 PM

Digisha Modi writes:

Woow so impressive interface.. really looks good

Comment provided January 6, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Tony writes:

i like iPhone, thats good news for us. Thanks EzineArticles for sharing the news

Comment provided January 7, 2010 at 1:21 AM

Lalit Sharma writes:

i like that iphone, my brother using iphone.

Sell Mobile writes:

Ahh I thought this was an App. So it’s just basically a mobile version of EzineArticles. Not bad but seriously, nearly every site has a mobile version. Not trying to be funny but your about 6 months late. Why not develop something useful for the iPhone? Like an App that you can use to view and write articles in and then post them from your iPhone.

Comment provided January 7, 2010 at 5:53 AM

Sell Mobile,

We’re not as behind as you would suggest. That interface rolled out in its original incarnation over 6 months ago at http://iphone.EzineArticles.com/. We’ve been tweaking it since then and just made it public and engaged the automatic redirect in late December.

Regarding an App like you describe – it sounds like a fabulous idea. So fabulous, in fact, that our developers may already be working on something like that. ;-)

Technically, we’ve had a Mobile version of EzineArticles for 2 years now.

Started developing in June of 2007:

October of 2007 we released our first version:

So where is it on iTunes?? I tried searching for it using EzineArticles, Ezine, etc. and it is not there. Why don’t you guys include a direct link to iTunes? It would make life a whole lot easier…

John

Comment provided January 7, 2010 at 12:29 PM

John,

Just open up Safari on your iPhone/iTouch and surf EzineArticles.com. Our site will auto-detect you’re on an iPhone/iTouch and serve up a customized site for it.

Sell Mobile writes:

That’s good to hear. Some of us fluent writers can tap 600 formatted words on the iPhone in a matter of 5 or 10 minutes on the keypad. (provided it’s horizontal) I am sure it would inspire EzineArticles iPhone users to write an article on their iPhone during their lunch break or something if it was possible. You can blog on the iPhone and you are EzineArticles after all. So I’d expect to see something along those lines in the near future. If not then you are loosing out as well as EzineArticles writers. Regards.

Comment provided January 7, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Beverly writes:

Chris you are nothing short of amazing. I’ve been wanting to upgrade to the IPhone from Sprint and now this. I’m ready already but I have to wait until July so mine and my son’s phone can upgrade at the same time. I can’t believe you can use it on an airplane. Is that true?

Comment provided January 7, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Jay Jennings writes:

Nice look, and very easy to use.

One suggestion I’d make is to put a “more below…” line at the end of each section. I got to what I thought was the end, saw the ad, and thought you had chopped my article off.

Yeah, most people will probably realize to keep scrolling, but if you don’t have to make them think it’s probably better.

Jay Jennings

Comment provided January 8, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Stephen Taylor writes:

I really like the new look on my iPhone. I use my iPhone a lot. And I mean a whole lot! The changes make it much easier. I haven’t checked out all the links at the bottom yet but I’m looking forward to the exploration.

Comment provided January 9, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Brian Swans writes:

impressive… im still leaning towards the G2 HTC Hero tho! Can’t decide!

Comment provided January 12, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Sam Streubel writes:

Slowly but surely the referrals from the iphone interface to my website have been creeping up. As a percentage of total referrals they are still insignificant but growing exponentially.

And I don’t have to do a darn thing.

Thanks a million Chris

Comment provided January 17, 2010 at 8:28 AM

Ken Voshall writes:

These are some snazzy phones. When I first got mine I had some doubts about how good they really are. No more, this phone is amazing with untold amounts of growing potenial. Thanks for the article, I enjoyed.

Comment provided January 17, 2010 at 6:14 PM

We’ve made an update to the iPhone interface as the URL will now stay the same EzineArticles.com instead of the iPhone sub-site we had originally used.

I know I know… we just didn’t get it right the first time, but I’m happy to see our teams improvement with this new release today.

You’ll also notice that we now show an iPhone interface for article view, category view, expert author view and several other views as we work our way to a complete website that is iPhone skinned. :)

Lastly, check out the new video our team released today:

Comment provided January 22, 2010 at 9:48 AM

It’s amazing how many different apps they have for the Iphone. They even have apps that allow you to use a merchant service provider so you can accept credit cards for your business with your smart phone.

Comment provided February 17, 2010 at 11:52 PM

iPhone Sue writes:

When it comes down to the iPhone, they really could do with adding 20% more battery life to it, that will make so much difference!

Comment provided June 3, 2010 at 6:52 AM