Joe Cline – Author Spotlight

Expert Author Joe Cline is in today’s Author Spotlight.

Joe is a professional real estate broker, investor, and Realtor with RE/MAX in Austin, Texas. He uses article marketing to not only draw traffic to his website, but also to educate his current and potential clients.

What sets Joe apart from many Expert Authors is that he does something very few members can do effectively – he uses the power of localized niche articles, within EzineArticles Guidelines, to promote his city, his site and his services. His key to success is simply delivering on the promise he makes in the title. When his title mentions a specific aspect of Austin life, his article body delivers on that promise by providing valuable information specifically about that particular aspect of Austin.

We asked Joe to share his thoughts on article marketing, writing localized niche articles and how article marketing has impacted his business.

1. You do something very few authors manage to do – you write and use localized niche articles effectively. What’s your secret?

No secret really. They say knowledge is power and that’s very true. Writing is just my way of making sure that I am staying professional and informing prospects and clients about local news in a way that allows leverage. It would be difficult to call every client and tell them of every development every day, writing let’s my clients subscribe and read what interests them while ignoring what doesn’t.

2. Your main article topics center around real estate, which is your profession. However, many of your articles are simply about local Austin, TX attractions or other topics. Why the multiple topics? Do those off-topic articles have a positive impact on your business?

Austin is an amazing city and just talking real estate would do a disservice to people interested in Austin. Austin is known for its live music scene, cycling enthusiasts, dog-friendly businesses, progressive eco-friendly attitude, and laid back atmosphere. These things make buying a home or investment property in Austin safer and more appealing and folks need to know about the environment in which they are purchasing.

3. You’ve been writing and submitting articles since 2005, but about 90% of them have been written in the last few months. What spurred this recent activity?

The market had picked up so much in 2006-2008 that I didn’t make time to write. I really wish that I had because it has significantly increased traffic to my site and comments from prospects about how much information I provide them. With the economic uncertainty in 2009 it became apparent that I needed to step up my marketing and really demonstrate my professional acumen so that clients would find me instead of me chasing them. Writing articles and showing your local knowledge is a great way to do just that.

4. How does article marketing fit into your overall marketing plan?

I have all but abandoned traditional print marketing. I still make fliers for my listings, but other than that, I write articles, do press releases for notable Austin events, and occasionally make videos to give my readers some interactive content. Article marketing is a key aspect to gaining both traffic and links and also showcases my extensive market knowledge in a way that is unpretentious, but effective.

5. What’s the one piece of advice you would give newbie article marketers?

Keep at it. Measure where you are at before you start, then give it 6 months before you try to evaluate your results. At the 6 month mark, see if you want to keep going. I think you will if you just keep at it and let the traffic build, let links flow, and write quality content.

6. You’ve written more than 5 articles per week for the last several months. How do you keep yourself motivated and on track?

Make the writing of articles a daily habit. Set a time, just as you might with prospecting, and get it done. You won’t feel like doing it every day, but just like working out, you need to be consistent to see results. Set a time every day and write one article.

Thanks, Joe!

Remember, the techniques Joe uses are not a secret – the knowledge is available to all of our members! EzineArticles membership is FREE, as are all of the tools and training materials. Take advantage of all we have to offer and you too can reap the benefits of added traffic, increased credibility and more sales!

Now put this information to good use by writing and submitting some great end-of-year articles. Approval times for Basic, Basic+ and Platinum level authors are less than 2 days. And keep in mind that our Editorial Team wraps up for the holidays this Wednesday afternoon, so get those articles submitted now!

Micheal Savoie writes:

One thing I noticed about article writing is that they keep on bringing you traffic long after you have forgotten about the article you wrote.

One article in particular, where I wrote about a Tampa hotel, actually got me a phone call from the hotel, thanking me for the article and how they had made all of their employees read that article to show them what serving their customers meant for them.

Now I have learned that I can use my FLip Cam to videotape myself and turn that content into articles, too. So my New Year Resolution is to write more articles using the Flip Cam so that I also have a video I can submit to the Video sites like Youtube for an extra burst of traffic!

Thanks!

Micheal Savoie

Comment provided December 21, 2009 at 12:22 PM

Jared Wiener writes:

Hi Michael,

How exactly do you use your Flip cam to turn articles into videos? What I do is read my article into the mic of the flip and have a black background on the video with the title of my article and my name and website address.

Jared

Micheal Savoie writes:

Actually, I just make some notes about what I want to write about, and take my camera somewhere cool and talk into my camera. Then I extract the audio and send it to my transcriptionist.

Easy as pie!

Micheal

I would like to thank author Joe Cline for the information about promoting his city of Austin Texas. Thats something I would have never thought of, and I would be happy to promote the state of Michigan and especially the area in which I live.

Comment provided December 21, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Shirley Bass writes:

Congratulations Joe Cline!

It sounds as though you’re about to help a lot of authors who have difficulty in this area. Nice.

Comment provided December 21, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Hi Chris!

Joe is really a very good example. If he can write so many articles about only one place, imagine how many articles someone can write if they analyze different aspects of various complex topics.

I agree with him when he says that we should make article writing a daily habit; I do the same. And since I decided that I had to write at least an article per day I’m keeping my promise, and many times writing even more than just one, while before I couldn’t find enough time for article writing…

Comment provided December 21, 2009 at 4:35 PM

PS. Hi Shirley! How are you?

I’m curious about why my picture doesn’t appear in this blog when I leave a comment. What did you do about that?

I use gravatar, and I uploaded my author picture at EzineArticles a long time ago…

I’m sure that many other authors are curious about this matter, and this is why I’m asking you this question.

Comment provided December 21, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Jim Bonner writes:

Point 5 was very interesting. 6 months seems initially like a lot of time to get a blog up and running. It isn’t at all it just flies by and the skills you learn are extremely valuable to your career.

Comment provided December 21, 2009 at 6:05 PM

Hi Marc,
Great article about Mr. Joe Cline. Many of us are just like Joe, ordinary people trying to do extraordinary things with our lives. We are not movie stars or are we invited to guest on Oprah. Being respected from you and your team at EzineArticles is an honor. Congratulations Joe, you do represent many of us small time very important Human Beings.
Pierre William Trudel.

Comment provided December 21, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Joe Cline writes:

HI guys,
Thanks for all the words of encouragement. I’m happy to help other authors who are working like me to market effectively with articles. Good luck to you all and remember consistency is the key. If you get stuck or need help just find an author who is doing it and shoot them a mail. We’re all willing to help!

Happy holidays!
Joe

Comment provided December 22, 2009 at 5:29 PM

GK Eckert writes:

Congrats Joe!

Well done. I’ve been writing like crazy in the last while, and coming up with new things of value to say, can be a challenge. But I feel inspired with a whole new angle.

Thanks,
GK

Comment provided December 22, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Lisa writes:

Great to see another Austin author in the spotlight. I’m just a bit outside of Austin myself. I’ve read your work before so recognized the name when I saw your interview on the blog. Good stuff- keep writing!

Comment provided December 26, 2009 at 7:42 PM

Big thanks for this helpful revelation. For example I didn’t yet make writting article a day habit. But in reading your expertise in that matter I will focus on it.

Comment provided December 27, 2009 at 9:22 AM

Dorothee writes:

One article everyday, if you feel like writng or not… You’re such a good role model!
Thank you!

Comment provided December 29, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Congratzzzzz, Joe and Thanks! You’ve made me remember that I haven’t written many articles about Jamaica. Will ‘i-ditate’ on that a bit for ideas…

Comment provided January 7, 2010 at 7:27 PM