This newly-added stat helps you evaluate the effectiveness of your articles.
Have you checked out your Article Reports recently? If so, you’ve probably noticed a new column titled “Click Rate” (a.k.a. “Click-Through Rate” or simply “CTR”).
This number tells you what percentage of people who found your article actually clicked on one of the links in your article or resource box. This number is very important because it’s a gauge of how effective your articles are at generating traffic back to your website.
On average, you’d like to see a click rate of 2-12% or more. Obviously, the higher the click rate, the more effective your articles are.
If this number isn’t quite where you’d like it to be, here are some things you can do to improve your CTR:
- Include both a full URL and an anchored text link – Why? Because if your article gets picked up by an ezine, there’s no guarantee that your anchored text link will stay linked up. Putting the full URL somewhere in your article or resource box means that your readers will be able to find your website no matter what.
- Include 2 self-serving links – We allow up to 2 self-serving links. Take advantage of that and use both! It makes no sense to include only 1.
- Include only self-serving active links – Simply put: Why would you want to give traffic away via your articles? Readers who click on non-self-serving links may never come back to your article.
- Don’t tell your life story in your Resource Box – Calculate your Resource Box size to be short, sweet and to the point.
- Include a compelling offer in your Resource Box – Offer something FREE (and use the word “FREE”) or provide supplemental information that can only be found on your website.
If you haven’t checked out these reports lately, here’s a quick refresher on how to find them:
- Log into your Member account
- Click on the “Author Tools” drop-down menu
- Select “View My Article Reports”
Go check out your CTR. Even if it’s good, there’s always room for improvement! Leave a comment and tell us about the methods you use to improve your CTR.