7 Steps to Writing Lots of Quality Articles

A.K.A. How to Write Quality Articles, Lots of Them, Without Sacrificing Your Integrity or Everything Else in Your Life!

Many EzineArticles Expert Authors are completely challenged by writing, and yet, they realize they must be constantly writing more articles to continually grow their business. Over the years, we’ve discovered several methods for writing a LOT of high-quality articles, some good … some not so good.

Here’s a 7-Step Guide to one of the best we’ve seen. It was developed by one of our most prolific authors.

Step 1: Create document files in your favorite word processing software with only the titles of articles you wish to write about.

Step 2: Go through these “title only files” and write 4 sentences of the key points or things you wish to say.

Step 3: Think on it for a while, and then come back and write the first introduction paragraph stating the problem, challenge, history, or concern of the topic, sometimes this takes two paragraphs, meanwhile you are at 100 words. At that point you may just keep going all the way through the article until you finish, keep going as long as you feel like it.

Step 4: Write a paragraph of each of the three or four points you have. You can use or re-work your sentences as sub headings, as this makes a nice looking article with a good use of white space.

Step 5: Conclude it. Write a paragraph and provide encouragement and a hook for more information or problem solving solutions. Hopefully, they’ll read your Resource Box and click on one of your links.

Step 6: Proofread your articles. The key to quality is good proof reading and you cannot rely on spell-check alone. If possible, have someone else proofread it, marking mistakes.

Step 7: After proofing 5-10 articles, submit them and do another set of articles.

This method of article production can work very well if you develop the discipline to use it. And although your brain will get very tired after writing several articles, you can take a break and then proofread and edit, as that uses a slightly different part of your brain.

If you do more than 20-40 articles in a day, you are going to need to get out of the house or office, or get a really good night’s sleep to recharge.

Give this method a try, then stop back here and let us know how it worked for you!

Nova Hotcake writes:

Awesome article! Time management is my biggest problem so this really speaks to me. I’m sooooo going to give this a try.

thanks!
NH

Comment provided December 8, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Shirley Bass writes:

You can count me in!

Comment provided December 8, 2009 at 4:18 PM

These are workable suggestions. Will definitely try it. Ideas need incubation, that’s why this will work. Great article as usual :)

Comment provided December 8, 2009 at 6:57 PM

sunyongtao writes:

yes, write a quality articles is not easy,there is much things we need to know, In addition to knowledge-rich, we should also have good writing skills, such as how to set the title, make it attractive, the article also pay attention to the organization of paragraphs,

Comment provided December 8, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Juhani Tontti writes:

Sounds very good! I write a lot and like it. One of the challenges I have met is, how my sub-conscious works best and I have found out that the physical exercise is one of the best ways to improve the content, bot the ideas and the writing quality.

After a good running outside, only one hour is enough, the brains work in a relaxed way and it is a real joy to write during the next two hours or so.

And it is true, that writing articles is mostly techniques. The more you do it, the better you will became.

Juhani

Comment provided December 8, 2009 at 10:53 PM

I can’t say that I have ever hit the 30 article in one day mark, but thanks for the challenge.

One technique I use is to make a master list of fifty or so key points and then pick and choose the points as I write articles. Most of my articles have 3 points.

Comment provided December 9, 2009 at 4:13 AM

Sue Fegan writes:

I find if I write more that five or six articles on the same niche topic in one sitting I get stale and my brain loses creativity. Doing it this way offers a way to break it up and allow for different brain thoughts to evolve.
also using the article templates EzineArticles offers will give a variety different twists to use in the introductions and you could write one for each of the template suggestions.

Comment provided December 9, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Barry Desautels writes:

Thank you Chris, excellent article.
I will definitely give it a try. Anything is better than writing ideas on slips of paper, or even in my day book. Staying organized, and on track is a daily problem I have to overcome, and I like the idea of building an article inventory.
All the Best.

Comment provided December 9, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Louisa Chan writes:

I find having a framework / outline works well for me. These 7 points provide an alternative frame work that I can try.

Particularly like it where we state the problem and then end with the hook/solutions.

Although I have not tried writing 20-40 articles a day, I am thinking I will try using your ideas here when I next feel “stuck”. Thanks for the input!

Louisa Chan

Comment provided December 9, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Rich Gately writes:

Great Article, Again! Sounds Like a great framework for me to use as I occasionally get “writers block” and could easily move on to another article or topic. Thanks for the great info., and I will be implementing these ideas directly.
Regards,
Rich Gately

Comment provided December 9, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Sally Rutten writes:

I’m afraid I’m just getting started in this “web” of article writting, I’m glad I ran across your article today, these 7 steps will defiantly be my building block. Thanks

Comment provided December 10, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Jeanne Collins writes:

I am just getting started with article writing too. Spell check would have caught the “writting” but not the choice of definitely rather than defiantly. This website has alot of resources for those of us who are just starting out. Enjoy the journey! Jeanne

Thanks for the tips. Creating word document files with titles only is a great idea and will work for any one. Thing is finding time to sit before the system and start typing is the main problem….so many distractions and duties you can not evade from. For example going to the dining table (thinking and writing sucks your glucose in the body like anything) and taking your food leisurely with due attention. Once sat before the computer you need not worry about flying fast on your topic. Certainly some mental diversion like an evening stroll helps a lot.

Comment provided December 10, 2009 at 6:49 PM

Geoff writes:

I`ll give it a try. Nice framework to create good quality articles.

Comment provided December 11, 2009 at 11:36 AM

essays writes:

Proofread your articles. The key to quality is good proof reading and you cannot rely on spell-check alone. If possible, have someone else proofread it, marking mistakes.so that is why my article are never publish never even bother to double check it thanks for the tip

Comment provided December 11, 2009 at 3:04 PM

slae mbts writes:

Comment provided December 14, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Shirley Bass writes:

Someone suggested to proof read your articles by starting at the end of the article and working your way to the beginning.

I found that it does help considerably. I found mistakes that my eyes or brain just wouldn’t have seen otherwise.

Thanks.

Comment provided December 14, 2009 at 12:10 PM

Robin writes:

I think it is better to give importance to quality rather than quantity.

Comment provided December 16, 2009 at 4:33 AM

Wende Sanders writes:

Great, I’ve been looking for a system to help me to write more. I will follow your advice and look forward to the positive results.

Comment provided December 17, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Poppie writes:

Great ideas for beginners like me!
Thanks,
poppie

Comment provided December 28, 2009 at 11:12 PM

Tyler writes:

great tips. But it’ll be better if you just speak your ideas into your mobile phone. You can do it during your retime. Then come back and just start exploding. The key is to be action minded and stop being addicted to computer games.

Comment provided December 29, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Sally writes:

These are great ideas for beginners like myself. 20 – 40 articles a day!! hope that isn’t required to get noticed.

Comment provided December 29, 2009 at 9:29 AM

Geoff writes:

We can all make mistakes when creating articles, and it seems that something termed a `general problem` was found in my latest submission. What I don`t understand is why you email me to inform me of a problem, then tell me I can contact you to find out more (in fact what the actual problem is). Why don`t you tell me in your first email, otherwise it justs wastes time and is very frustrating.

Just say we found such and such and when corrected please resubmit your article. Instead there`s this wasting of both our time.

Comment provided December 30, 2009 at 5:11 AM

Geoff,

A general problem status allows our Member Support team to detail the issue with you for clarity.

General problems falls into the grayer issues and are areas that we need to explain in detail. Our front line editors don’t have the capability to send details like this in email which is why the general problem exists.

We want you to understand the area of concern so you can avoid those traps with future submissions.

Phil Johncock writes:

Thanks, Chris. I appreciate the advice about starting with titles and 4 key points of each. I also appreciate the advice to get out of the house after writing a lot. I just finished writing copy for 2 sales letter pages, and my body is screaming to get some fresh air and exercise!

~Phil