Discover the Value of EzineArticles

Our internal team and our 200,000+ members all know about the incredible benefits of EzineArticles membership, but it’s always been a challenge to explain what we do to the rest of the world. This video strives to bridge that gap by answering two simple questions:

1. What is EzineArticles?
  2. What’s the value of membership?

Watch this video to get the answers to those questions and more. And at the same time, meet 4 of the key players on the EzineArticles Team:

• Chris Knight, CEO & Publisher
  • The Other Chris, VP of Operations
  • Penny, Managing Editor
  • Marc, Marketing Manager and Public Relations

Downloadable Versions:
WMV Format     MOV Format     MV4 Format     MP3 Format

We’d prefer you hear our message straight from the horses’ mouths (so to speak). In the process we hope you’ll see, and feel, the passion we have for EzineArticles, our team and our huge family of domestic and international members. None-the-less, we’ve also created a downloadable transcript of the video for those who may need it. [Download PDF – 236K]

Watch the video now. Then leave a comment to tell us what you feel are the biggest benefits of EzineArticles membership.

Larry Barkan writes:

I’m so grateful for your wonderful service. I love knowing there’s an outlet for my thoughts, opinions, information and you make it very easy to submit material. Additionally, I appreciate your help with keywords and the “resource box” gives me an opportunity to publicize who I am and what I do.

Is there anyway to speed up the approval process? Some of my articles have been with you two weeks and I’m still waiting. I know you receive lots of submissions and I’m asking a lot to request a speedier process and…I’m requesting a speedier process.

Comment provided September 22, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Christopher M. Knight writes:

Larry,

Basic level members have the longest wait…therefore, seek to reach Platinum status as Platinum members [PDF] receive an article review speed that is currently 300% faster than our basic level members.

Every single article submission is reviewed by 2 humans on our team and that’s why it takes a while.

Know that we’re working on improving our human article review speed because we’re not meeting our own internal speed targets.

Specifically, we’re hiring 4-8 new full-time local Editors every single month, we’re running two shifts of Editors right now from 7am to 11pm M-F, we’re allowing our best Editors to work overtime on the weekends and we’re working on innovating the submission process to help you get your articles accepted faster.

If you don’t want to wait, your articles can skip the wait and go to the front of the line for same or next business day review by becoming a Premium member.

Dan writes:

“In the process we hope you see, and feel, the passion we have for EzineArticles”

it’s quite frankly HARD to see and feel the passion, when the video is so obviously SCRIPTED :P – It’s just too notorious

don’t get me wrong, I love E@, but the message would be a lot more effective if it came directly from the speakers. keep it up

Comment provided September 22, 2009 at 3:43 PM

Christopher M. Knight writes:

Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, so we were all a little nervous shooting it except for the Marketing guy (he wasn’t nervous).

In the end, talk is cheap, video is cheap; all that matters is that we deliver.

If anyone else hated the video, please tell us specifically what we could do in the future to make it better. Thanks!

Frank Dickinson writes:

Chris and Gang,

I loved the video! Well scripted and full of great information!

Most of all, I love your service. I took a break for a while, but I’m back and loving all the new stuff you guys have added.

Know that you are truly appreciated!
Frank

Comment provided September 22, 2009 at 4:27 PM

I appreciated seeing some of our EzineArticles team talking. I thought it was cool.

While I adore writing, I really love seeing a face, especially here because you have helped me to have exposure that is hard to come by. Another thing about EzineArticles is the discipline it takes to be accepted as an expert. A decent writer could crank out a newsletter or an article that had some interest but I know when I prepare my newsletter it must be good enough to be in EzineArticles, too.

So thanks for your efforts; they have made me a better writer.

MJ

Comment provided September 22, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Dr. Bob Clarke writes:

Hey guys,

In today’s world, too often we hear criticism for what we do wrong and not enough praise for things we do write.

Let me tell you that EzineArticles.com is like a breath of fresh air in what has become a hype driven, bait and switch atmosphere of the Internet today. It is truly “search at your own risk”.

You guys deliver 100% of what you promise, and most of your services are totally free! In fact, I make your email training mandatory for anyone my team interested in article writing and marketing.

Thanks for the honesty and integrity of your site.

Bob

PS I also loved your video. From one who dislikes doing videos, you guys were terrific.

Comment provided September 22, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Kim Miller writes:

As a videographer who films others and myself to add video to our marketing efforts, I know first hand how hard it is to get someone who is not a trained actor to deliver good takes with “passion and energy”. It seems the minute that camera turns on, people get the deer in the headlight syndrome. I know I do!

So I thought your video was spot on and I know the effort that was put into it. I appreciate your production values. And your service!

Kim

Comment provided September 22, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Mike J writes:

Hi Chris, I always appreciate your videos, but please remember you have Deaf folks who also need access to your videos. I can’t like or not like it because I can’t hear the video.

Any chances od getting text on this video so EVERYONE can access it fairly?

Thanks
Mike J

Comment provided September 22, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Marc writes:

Mike,

We’re very conscious of our hearing-impaired members, so you’ll find that each of the videos on our YouTube Channel is closed-captioned. To activate this feature, simply click on the arrow icon in the lower-left corner of the viewer.

Note: Videos get posted to the YouTube Channel about 10 days after they debut on the blog. So in the meantime we’ll add a link to a PDF transcript in this blog post before the end of the day.

Mike J writes:

Marc (and Chris)

Thank you very much for your response! I will let all of my Deaf colleagues know this as well. I realy appreciate your terrific response.

Mike Jay

In addition, we just released this PDF transcript of the video: http://media.EzineArticles.com/pdf/discover-EzineArticles.pdf

Steve Wickham writes:

EzineArticles Leadership Team

It is your venture and your realm that has given growth to my desire to write. I find it such a strength-giving thing for me personally to write. I love it how you guys seem to always be raising the bar and I loved the #HAHD promotion(s).

All I can say is keep up the great work!

Blessings in every way
Steve

Comment provided September 22, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Adriel Yapana writes:

Great to see the EzineArticles leaders on video… cute bonus clip @ the end with Penny… You guys do Rock!

EzineArticles free and paid memberships are TREMENDOUS asset to the author in the future.

Keep up with fantabulous work!

Adriel Yapana

Comment provided September 22, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Clay writes:

I have been a member but haven’t writen any articles don’t really know where to start. Any help would be usefull.
Thanks

Comment provided September 22, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Marc writes:

Clay,

You’re doing one of the best things you can do to get you off on the right foot – reading today’s blog. Now read the rest! =D 90% of our blog posts are tips, hints and training, so it’ll definitely be worth your investment of time. Our best authors read the blog religiously.

Two other pages you’ll want to check out are the Editorial Guidelines and our Free Training page.

Welcome aboard and best of luck with your article marketing efforts!

Renee writes:

Thank you for the free training page link. I have been thinking about writing my first article but was not sure exactly how. This link is great! I should be submitting my article by this weekend. Thank you.

Pat Patterson writes:

I clicked the first star with the idea that I would work my way up to 4 but when I clicked the first one it recoreded it sorry about that.

Love what your are doing, I am on the first page of Google on one of my articles which is great, but working with company is going to be good for the Internet as well as my website.
Kind of a challange I am new to writing articles and I am getting my articles through faster. We are puting out a better product.
thanks,
Pat Patterson

Comment provided September 22, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Willox Perez writes:

Awesome guys! the video is great and Ezine just keeps on getting better!

Comment provided September 22, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Excellent PR Video, can I hire you guys to do one for me too? Great stuff, keep up the good work!

Comment provided September 22, 2009 at 9:49 PM

EzineArticles is the best of what the web has to offer. In my coaching, I tell my clients to focus on posting articles here — and it works! Thank you for being so much a part of our web adventure.

Comment provided September 22, 2009 at 11:13 PM

SEO Tips writes:

Thanks for pretty good video to explain what is benefit of EzineArticles.com . Keep your work up

Comment provided September 22, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Tom Nolan writes:

I love the fact that all submissions are reviewed by two humans. So much internet content is wrong and a lot of it, especially in the medical field, is frankly dangerous.

I know it would be a huge job but have you considered employing expert reviewers in certain critical niches? This would make EzineArticles even more authoritative.

Comment provided September 23, 2009 at 2:17 AM

Zack Lim writes:

It is awesome to see more real faces behind the EzineArticles team.

Excellent video as it helps to build good relationship with the members.

EzineArticles is getting better as the day goes and I can’t wait to see more new features by them :)

Zack

Comment provided September 23, 2009 at 2:24 AM

Shirley Bass writes:

1. I luv your service. I luv that you give us the opportunity to feel confident and special.
2. I luv how your friendliness welcomes new authors.
3. I luv how I’m deemed an Expert Author.
4. I luv that I’m a Top Author!
5. And I luv that I was rewarded for reaching Platinum membership by receiving my Ezine Article’s mug and stuff.

I guess you could say, “I love EzineArticles for all the things they do for me!”

Shirley Bass

Comment provided September 23, 2009 at 2:26 AM

Geoff Dodd writes:

Chris x2, Penny and Marc – that was a very good video – concise efficient info in ‘bite-sized’ chunks that my brain could handle. Your site too, works well and after 27 or 28 submissions I’ve experienced NO rejections! Very professional outfit and one I’m pleased to be a part of and an author for!

Geoff Dodd
Australia

Comment provided September 23, 2009 at 3:34 AM

John Murphy writes:

It’s a good video and it’s also good to see what you guys look like. It’s a great service, though I know I’m going to have to bite the bullet and get that Premium membership soon because I get impatient.

Comment provided September 23, 2009 at 5:12 AM

Great to see and hear the awesome foursome behind the scene. The EzineArticles warmth is oozing out of the video to touch us directly.

Comment provided September 23, 2009 at 8:31 AM

Thanks…

EzineArticles is managed by dozens of full time team members who work tirelessly behind the scenes. Just wanted to give credit where it’s due as there are many more than just the “4” in this video.

In the coming months, we’ll introduce more people who run the behind-the-scenes.

Pat Mussieux writes:

Christopher,

Well done! I LOVE ‘meeting’ the team behind e-zine articles. I love being involved and having the opportunity to share my expertise (and my valuable information on HAPPINESS with the world via your platform). I love knowing I am in the hands of experts! Your tutorials were incredibly helpful. I could go on and on. Keep up the good work!

Happy Pat :)

Comment provided September 23, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Matthew Little writes:

I am on Twitter and are writing 5 articles this month. Because i have to work out how to use it.

Comment provided September 24, 2009 at 1:48 AM

Teresa Schultz writes:

Being a member of Ezine and having articles accepted is great. The tutorials and newsletters I receive in my email inbox are fantastic. I receive a lot of emails from various sites I belong to in an effort to create exposure for my website and business, and I have to say I simply don’t have the time to go through them all, but Ezine’s ones I don’t simply delete. I still have many in my inbox waiting for me to go through them. They don’t deserve to be deleted as they hold much value for me.

I enjoy seeing that members have good quality articles accepted, and knowing that I am part of this crowd. However, from time to time I have come across some EzineArticles with some grammatical errors in them, or poor word choices as if the article has been spun, and wonder how they got accepted. I wouldn’t feel like a good Ezine writer if somebody pointed out to me I’d made a few errors, but the article was accepted anyway. It’s not many I have noticed, but I still feel it’s something that should not be overlooked.

I also feel the video was a bit too scripted, but the 4 of you were certainly brave to do it, and to try control your nerves. I couldn’t do it.

Comment provided September 24, 2009 at 1:55 AM

Donna writes:

I LOVE EzineArticles. Especially the e-mail tutorials which help me to continally learn how to get the most from this free tool. I’ve kept everyone of them and always read them first in my mailbox. Keep it coming E-zine and thanks so much!

Comment provided September 29, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Matthew Little writes:

I am writing a another article, but it is Repercussion from US recession on the rest of the world.

Comment provided October 8, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Bobby Stiawan writes:

So many people told me about best traffic by eZine Article services, than I joined today!

This day, I have no articles. I’m on research to learn something about article structure.

I always need more advice from expert.

Comment provided October 22, 2009 at 1:19 AM

asad iqbal writes:

i like this and it will help me promote my articles

Comment provided December 22, 2012 at 3:46 PM