What Are YOU Missing on Twitter?

If you’re a Twitter user who doesn’t follow @EzineArticles, you’re missing a lot of great EzineArticles information and training!

The following is a list of (30) random author tips, insider info, fun facts and reminders we’ve tweeted in the last month. Any one of these could have been the magic bullet to help you take your article marketing to the next level.

Just CLICK on any of the “ReTweet This” links to auto-populate your Twitter status field. Then just edit for length and retweet to your heart’s content!

EzineArticles Tips and Training Snippets:

• Ask yourself “What point do I deliver in this article?” If you have 1, you have an article, more than 1? You have multiple articles. [ReTweet This]

• Q: How long should an article be? A: A good article size is 400-750 words. Consider breaking up longer articles into shorter focused ones. [ReTweet This]

• Say what you mean & mean what you say: Proper grammar & formatting make your writing easy to understand; great content develops readership. [ReTweet This]

• Need a simple way to create an article? Try tips. Choose 5-10 tips on success within your niche, elaborate on them & bam! A helpful article. [ReTweet This]

• Resource Box Tip: Do not include multiple URL’s on all different expertise. This will confuse your readers on your commitment to them. [ReTweet This]

• Content Tip: Specific articles=Targeted traffic. A deep exploration of 1 aspect of your niche works better than just skimming the surface. [ReTweet This]

• Take the extra time to edit & proof articles. A little tweaking here & polishing there improves the quality & readability of any writing! [ReTweet This]

• Keywords are like coffee: too weak & you don’t get that “kick” you need; too strong & it’s just too bitter to drink. Find the middle ground. [ReTweet This]

EzineArticles Fun Facts:

• @JeffHerring You had asked what the current record is for single day submissions: Current record holder submitted 200 articles Nov 23rd 2008 [ReTweet This]

• Last month, the niches with most Views-Per-Article: Anniversaries (228), Triathlon (164), Concrete (163), Cardio (163), Swimming (157) [ReTweet This]

• Fun Fact: Last month 5,633 articles were scheduled for future release. Shortest scheduled release: 1 hr 52 min. Longest scheduled = 66 days. [ReTweet This]

• Fact: Our top article of all time is closing in on 500,000 clicks received and almost 2 million hits. [Sorry, can’t reveal which article] [ReTweet This]

• Fun fact: We dedicate 10 Terabytes of data to deliver our free Traffic Search Terms service. Smart members leverage it. :-) [ReTweet This]

• Total comments on all articles: 28,860! We’re also managing 14,602 unique email subscribers to those comments for follow-ups. [ReTweet This]

EzineArticles Inside Information:

• Fun Fact: 354 members qualified by writing/submitting 100 articles in the 100 days challenge! #HAHD [ReTweet This]

• @justinlee It’s pronounced either way… eZine or Ezeeen – Some say it’s similar to “magaZINE” [ReTweet This]

• Record week for members editing/fixing their dead links. Last 7 days over 25,000 articles have been edited & re-approved by hand! Wow. [ReTweet This]

• #HAHD mugs went out the door last night. A few international postal addresses didn’t authenticate & private emails sent to clarify. [ReTweet This]

• Important change to account-level upgrade process: New members no longer need to request Basic to Platinum upgrade. [ReTweet This]

Motivational Moments:

• Don’t stop writing but rather make it part of your routine. You’ll be on top of your competition and you’ll know what your audience demands. [ReTweet This]

• Finding motivation can be tough. A consistent schedule for researching, writing, & submitting will help you keep that article ball rolling. [ReTweet This]

• Chuck Norris can write 100 articles… under water… while holding his breath … while eating an apple. [ReTweet This]

• ‘Just the other day, I got contacted by a Fox TV anchorwoman who wants to do a story on mall parking because of my article!’ -Joe Pagano [ReTweet This]

• Strive for great content, but not perfection. Take too long tweaking that great article, and someone else will write it first! [ReTweet This]

• Between articles, keep a pen & paper handy at all times, in case inspiration strikes. Avoid the frustration of a PERFECT idea slipping away. [ReTweet This]

• To increase your output, write at the same time every day (if possible). Once it’s a habit, churning out articles will seem less of a chore. [ReTweet This]

Want to follow EzineArticles on Twitter? The obvious first step is to get a Twitter account. Then simply go here http://twitter.com/EzineArticles and click the Follow button.

Internet T1 writes:

Maybe 10? You will then have an average of 5 followers a day.

Comment provided August 5, 2009 at 10:03 AM

What is the optimal number of tweets per day?

Comment provided August 5, 2009 at 10:07 AM

Zack Lim writes:

Hi Chris,

I have learn many useful information from the tweets that you all have created.

Looking forward to your next set of tweets :)

Comment provided August 5, 2009 at 11:58 PM

Marilynn Syrett writes:

I tweet like once a day and that too post a link to some useful info or something. I get followers on and off. Should I do more of personal tweets like “got up” :had coffee” and so on??

Comment provided August 6, 2009 at 6:47 AM

Lisa writes:

I have a following of 20,000+ on Twitter and follow about that many myself but EzineArticles is in my favorites so the Tweets don’t get lost in my timeline. Always good stuff to read and I love that you get a real response and it’s not automated.

Good stuff!

Comment provided August 6, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Lisa writes:

Oh, and to Timeshare Relief, I think the answer to that question is relative to how many followers you have and what you have of importance to say. Too much spam will cause people to remove you but too little tweeting and you’ll get lost in the fray. If you have something important to say or to RT, I say go for it but if you’re having an exceptionally busy Tweeting day then you might want to lay off the “I’m walking my dog” posts.

Comment provided August 6, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Foodntravella writes:

I just read EzineArticles information and training and really inspired by the motivational moments.

A new blogger like me (& maybe others) tend to stop writing when there is less traffic.

Thanks for the info.

Comment provided August 6, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Ed writes:

Great Tweet training article on how to use Twitter.

Keep up the greet tweet content..

Comment provided August 7, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Fun Facts:

13617 members have us tweet new article alerts for them.

Last month, we tweeted new article alerts for 2729 members who have an aggregate of 3.2 million followers.

Comment provided August 8, 2009 at 6:51 AM

Gail writes:

I just tried to authorize my Twitter Service and got the following message:

Twitter is experiencing issues, please try again later.

I guess I’ll try again later.

Comment provided August 12, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Gail writes:

Okay, its working fine now. I just sent out my notification tweet.

Comment provided August 12, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Thanks Gail…

I don’t have the final numbers, but know at least a thousand members re-confirmed their Twitter credentials last night and they are still coming in this morning.

Comment provided August 13, 2009 at 7:38 AM

Bob Gillespie writes:

Thanks for all the great tips. I’m just all a twitter now. :o)

Comment provided August 15, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Optimal # of Tweets per day?

Choice A) is 1 to 7 per day.

Choice B) If you don’t do Choice A, then you might as well post 30-50 quality tweets per day because no one is going to pay attention to all of your tweets and because more tweets = more followers even if they don’t read every single tweet of yours. Strange, but true.

Comment provided August 16, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Lisa writes:

I wrote an article about the optimal number of tweets per day: http://ezinearticles.com/?What-is-the-Optimal-Number-of-Tweets-Per-Day?&id=2721075

Very similar to Chris’ answer, actually. :)

Comment provided August 16, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Lisa Angelettie writes:

How do we create those retweet links like you did in this post?

Comment provided August 17, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Christopher M. Knight writes:

It’s a secret.

I could tell you but, then…

Just model what we did above.

http://twitter.com/home?status=[insert your tweet here]