Plugging in the right keywords and key phrases for your articles just got a whole lot faster.
If you’ve been reading this blog for any amount of time, you know that we frequently extol the virtues of balancing speed and quality in your articles. The key to success is to quickly produce a lot of high quality articles in the shortest amount of time.
Late last week we introduced a new tool on the Submit a New Article page that promises to improve both speed and quality – the Keyword Field Helper.
- It’s FAST! – Instead of skimming your title and article body looking for great keywords to put in the Keyword field, you can just click on the keywords in the helper box and add perfect keywords and key phrases FAST!
- Get More Targeted Traffic – Keywords and key phrases are suggested based on the words of your title, summary and article body. Better keywords means more, and better targeted, traffic.
- The Choice is Yours – You can use the suggested keywords, supply your own or use some of each.
- Remaining Characters – A interactive countdown is given of your remaining characters in the keyword field (100 max.).
- Title Weight vs. Body Weight – Keywords or phrases contained in the title are given 3 times more weight in the keyword suggestion algorithm than those found in the body or summary of the article.
- Article Size Matters – Since short articles don’t typically generate high-quality key phrases, only keywords are used for articles shorter than 1,400 characters (~280 words).
- Expect Only the Best – Only high-value key phrases will be suggested. If none are found, none will be suggested.
- High-Value Key Phrases – Key Phrases that also contain top keywords are more likely to be suggested by the tool.
One of the first things you’ll notice about this new tool is that you really don’t have to do anything special to use it. You simply submit your articles in the usual manner, except now when it comes time to supply the keywords and key phrases, we’ll be able to give you a little help.
So don’t let the following (13) steps scare you. Even though it’s a bit difficult to explain, it’s really quite easy to do… plus it’s fast!
- Log into your EzineArticles Account
- From the Author’s Area, click on the “Article Manager” drop-down menu
- Select “Submit a New Article”
- Type or paste in your Article Title, Abstract/Article Summary/Teaser Copy and the Article Body
- Below the body of your article is the blank Keywords field
- Attached to this field is a pale yellow box containing a list of suggested keywords and/or key phrases
- Immediately below that is a field showing the number of characters remaining in your 100 character keyword “budget”
- Clicking on any of these keywords or key phrases will automatically add them to the Keywords field
- Notice how the added word or phrase is now “dimmed” – clicking on it again will remove the word or phrase from the Keywords field
- Clicking that word or phrase again will add it back into the Keywords field
- By adding and removing keywords and phrases in this way, you can build the most effective list of keywords possible within the 100 character budget
- You may also add keywords or phrases that are not suggested by simply typing them into the Keywords field, separating each with a comma
- Once you’ve completed your list of keywords, you just continue submitting your article in the usual manner
We’ve tried to make this new tool as quick and pain-free to use as possible while still making it both powerful and flexible. Leave a comment to let us know how we did. And if you do find any oddities, please let us know that as well.