Get Your #HAHD Certificate of Achievement Today

Our latest addition to the “Author Tools” menu brings your accomplishments home!

If you qualified for the first #HAHD Marathon Challenge you can now print this great looking Certificate of Achievement right in the comfort of your home or office.

Here’s How:

1. Log into your EzineArticles Account
  2. From the Author’s Area, click on the “Author Tools” drop-down menu
  3. Select “Accomplishments”
  4. If you qualified for the first #HAHD Marathon Challenge, you’ll see a link for each of your authors that qualified
  5. Click on the link to open a PDF version of your personalized Certificate of Achievement
  6. Print as many copies as you need (May we suggest a framed copy in each room of your house?)

Printing Tips:

• Use the best computer printer you have available – the better the printer, the better the print!
  • The certificate is in color, but will print equally well in black & white
  • Try a few test prints with cheap paper first to get your margins and scaling right (the certificate is optimized for 8.5″ x 11″ Letter paper)
  • Once you’re satisfied, print the certificate at the highest quality using the paper of your choice (Typically certificates like this are printed on an high-quality, off-white linen or parchment paper)

The “Accomplishments” page will be a permanent addition to every member’s account. Anytime there are accomplishments to be celebrated, this is where you’ll find them. It’s also where you’ll find information on other contests, competitions or challenges you may want to check out.

You may have also noticed a message on your home page that reads “You’ve completed the 100 Articles in 100 Days Marathon Challenge! Download your certificate now.” Clicking on this link will take you right to the “Accomplishments” page. Clicking on the x will permanently remove the message.

Like all new additions to the website, we want to be sure it’s working right and exceeding your expectations. Leave a comment to let us know if we missed the mark on either of those items.

Gail writes:

I downloaded my certificate when I submitted another article. Very cool! I plan to frame it and hang it with my other writing achievements. It’s always great to get a pat on the back. Thanks Chris.

Comment provided August 20, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Thanks that is very cool!

I wonder if it might not be a good idea to post a star or some little EA-HAHD icon besides the authors name as another bonus? Squidoo does that when you have a certain amount of lenses, you get a Giant Squid icon besides your name. They have other ways of getting more icons for various reasons. People will do a lot for a star~! Hummm?

Comment provided August 20, 2009 at 9:45 AM

Marc writes:

An excellent idea! So excellent, in fact, we had it as well… It would appear great minds think alike! ;-)

If you look at the Author Name (the “by-line”) on any article written by a Platinum level member, you will see a little gold star indicating their Platinum status. This star indicates to the reader that the author has passed the article standards necessary to achieve that level.

Another indicator icon for #HAHD qualification (maybe a little mug?) is something to think about…

Comment provided August 20, 2009 at 10:13 AM

Cool! Stars!

A little mug! Darn cute!

Comment provided August 20, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Maybe the stars, etc. should show up within the authors profile too?

Comment provided August 20, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Marc writes:

Another excellent idea – Thanks!

Sue writes:

How did I miss this awesome contest? I love getting stars….can I sit in the front of the class too?

Comment provided August 20, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Lisa writes:

I like Kathy’s fabulous idea. I also converted a copy of mine to .jpg to place on my website credentials.

Comment provided August 20, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Ohh hey Lisa, very cool idea. Maybe EzineArticles should create small ones for people to post on their sites for those who are not going to go through the paces to make the certificate smaller. I really do like the cutie little mug idea.

Comment provided August 20, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Lisa writes:

Perhaps they could arrange an HTML option under the Author Tools like the widgets for those not quite savvy enough to tweak their certificates. I’m not sure how difficult it would be to code with the individual’s names on them…

I used Photoshop (or GIMP is free alternative) to convert mine from .pdf to .jpg and then resize it to multiple sizes appropriate for my website. It’s a pretty simple process even if you’re not familiar with those editing programs.

I also like the mini-mug icon idea. :)

Comment provided August 20, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Jose Bulao writes:

This is really a great challenge. I hope to make it by November 8 or before.

Thanks for this challenge.

Comment provided August 20, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Willox Perez writes:

Awesome guys! :) this was a great productive blog! awesome ideas :)

Comment provided August 20, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Merchant party writes:

Fantastic ideas. I prefer it. Thanks for taking such a great step.

Comment provided August 21, 2009 at 11:30 AM

M Petrone writes:

BTW Thanks for the Challenge… It made me step up my game a little!

Comment provided August 24, 2009 at 9:03 AM

Lance Winslow (that’s me) would like to hereby declare that he has completed his 18,000 th article at and was about to do this 4-days before his projected target date of September 1, 2009. Lance Winslow (that’s me again) is now considering taking Friday off as a reward.

Comment provided August 27, 2009 at 6:50 AM

Ohhhh man! Lance WOW! CONGRATS!

Yes, I would say you are due a day off.

Comment provided August 27, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Confirmed that Lance has 27 articles in queue and most likely by Friday, we’ll be showing he has 18k articles listed.

Congrats on reaching this milestone…and more importantly, doing it without cheating or using article rewriting software or other short-cut quality-dropping aids.

Comment provided August 27, 2009 at 10:07 AM

Daan Theron writes:

Hot damn (can I say that here?) Lance.

I think congratulations and a day off is in order.

Comment provided August 27, 2009 at 10:13 AM

Lisa writes:

Awesome job, Lance! Very good work. The day off is definitely due. Here’s hoping it’s a good one!

Comment provided August 27, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Tim Calcara writes:

Great work Lance. We who write know how much work this took. Kudos to you!!

Comment provided August 27, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Ajeet writes:

When can I participate in the next HAHD challenge? May I recommend that you make participation an on-going process, i.e., one can start on any day?

Comment provided August 28, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Marc writes:

You CAN start on any day. As a matter of fact, any published articles you submitted on or after August 1 already count toward the 100 article total. We’re only 28 days into the challenge, so you’ve got plenty of time to catch up if you’re behind. No sign up is necessary to qualify, but you need to submit the email to to claim any prizes.

SEO writes:

Is Lance one of the most prolific writers of all time?!!!

Comment provided September 4, 2009 at 1:33 AM

Plastic Surgeon writes:

No…Lance is just one of the best of the best!!!

Comment provided September 4, 2009 at 1:34 AM

As Marc said that any article written from August 1st can qualify for the HAHD. Are you talking about 2nd Marathon Marc? Does that mean that even I can participate? I was thinking I missed this one but if the contest is on then maybe I can step up my game.

I surely love to receive achievement goodies from EzineArticles.

thanks and regards

Comment provided November 25, 2009 at 6:27 PM

I’m sorry to say, both HAHD challenges are finished. Watch for the 3rd one in January!

Comment provided November 25, 2009 at 7:10 PM