“If writing seems hard, it’s because it is hard. It’s one of the hardest things people do.” –William Zinsser
Are you one of those marketing people who has yet to take the plunge into article marketing? Or were you once an effective article marketer who’s now fallen off the wagon? Do you keep saying you’ll begin writing and submitting articles to EzineArticles.com “someday”, yet someday never comes?
If so, it’s time to face reality. You’re stuck. Fortunately, today’s post is all about giving you that proverbial kick in the shorts you need to get yourself unstuck.
(7) Sure-Fire Ways to Get Unstuck and Turn “Someday” Into “Today”:
- Have a goal – know what you want to deliver before you write. This will help you organize your thoughts.
- Use our article templates to help you begin.
- Pre-write a few titles based on ideas you have. This way, you won’t lose your ideas. You can always finish the article another day. This allows you to think about what you want to deliver. You may shock yourself on what you conjure up in that day or two. Remember, you can save your draft articles.
- Go with your gut. If you think your market wants to hear about it, then deliver it. You may lose potential opportunities by allowing someone else to nab it first.
- Set a timeline for your research and writing. Know when to stop researching and when to start writing. Forcing yourself to develop this habit is essential and will make your writing less of a chore, and more of a routine.
- Enjoy what you are writing about. If you don’t, your writing will reflect that.
- Lower your standards. (WHAT?!) This means that your article doesn’t have to be a masterpiece! Don’t worry about perfection.
There’s no cure for procrastination. Ultimately, the best thing you can do to turn “someday” into “today” is to find some way to begin writing and do it today!
If you have other ways of getting unstuck, please leave a comment and share your thoughts with the rest of the EzineArticles community.