Jeff Hopeck – Author Spotlight

Expert Author Jeff Hopeck is in today’s Author Spotlight. As a 3-year veteran of the U.S. Secret Service, Jeff Hopeck has known a lot of busy people – in particular, the President of the United States. His goal now as a fitness instructor is to help busy people live healthier lives.

We asked Jeff to share his thoughts on how EzineArticles fits into his philosophy, business and marketing mix.

1. Jeff, your background is in the Secret Service. How does that experience effect your article marketing strategy?

When I really need to drive home at a particular point, I will reference the President of the United States. For instance, some people really think they are too busy to exercise. My response? If that man can squeeze in 20 minutes each day to exercise and stay healthy, I’m certain every one of us can!

Thus, exercise is about prioritizing your time. You make time to shower, don’t you? Then you should make time for something that can help you live longer, as well.

2. What would you tell others about the success you’ve had thus far with EzineArticles.com?

First, let me tell you how skeptical I was to sign up for an account with EzineArticles.com! To me, it was just another SEO tool that drove traffic, and I don’t have time to dedicate to every single new SEO tool that hits the market.

WOW! I wish I knew how impacting EzineArticles.com was 2 years ago.

In my first 20 articles, here is a list of the quantifiable results I’ve gotten:

• My article “Healthy Eating in 100 Words” is being published in an Ebook in Queensland, Australia.
    • I was featured twice in a Pennsylvania small town newspaper. These features drove traffic to my blog and resulted in about one hundred book sales!
    • As my article marketing tools sharpened, traffic to my blog increased significantly and my AdSense account grew exponentially.

3. You said you’re amazed by the results you get from EzineArticles. How so?

I’m amazed because EzineArticles is a FREE resource. For results this great, one would expect to pay a lot of money.

4. Where/how does article marketing fit into your overall marketing scheme?

After seeing results so quickly, there is no doubt EzineArticles.com is an effective platform for marketing my blogs. Therefore, article marketing has been implemented into my overall marketing strategy aggressively. On a weekly basis, I try to submit 2-5 articles that are focused on helping busy people live healthier.

I predict EzineArticles.com will remain in my top 3 marketing strategies for many years to come.

5. In our eyes, you do many “right things right” by utilizing several of the EzineArticles tools at your disposal. Which are your favorites and why?

To date, there are (3) EzineArticles tools that really make life easier for me:

• Draft Button – I start writing an article and halfway through I realize that two points I make would be great content for stand-alone articles! I simply start a new article, drop in the title, save it, and then go back to finish what I was writing. It’s that simple.
    • WYSIWYG Editor – For those who are new to it, it’s a simple way to make edits to your articles. You can bold, bullet, italicize, and much more! No need to worry anymore if you don’t know html code.
    • Article Reports – You can see how many people read the article, but you can also see what search terms actually got them to the article. Using these analytics helped me tweak my keyword strategy and get more exposure to my articles each time I write!

6. Any closing thoughts?

If there is one suggestion I can make it would be this: Finish reading this article, and hurry to write your next article! For every minute you aren’t writing and submitting, your competition is writing and submitting. If you want to keep up with the competition, one way to do so is to keep up with your writing! The more you write the more traffic you will get. It’s that simple.

We couldn’t have said it better ourselves! Writing and submitting is the key to increased traffic, improved credibility and more sales.

You’re finished reading – now go write and submit your next set of fresh, original articles!

Bob writes:

This is really good information. I have yet to publish any EzineArticles but I am certainly interested especially after reading this article about Jeff Hopeck. Thanks for the information. I will certainly take advantage of this “free” opportunity.

Thanks

Comment provided July 7, 2009 at 10:06 AM

andy hyman writes:

Jeff – Your a definite inspiration! You’ve got me pumped to go workout and BLOG! I know what to do, it’s just working on the discipline needed that is the tough part on a daily basis….I’ll get there. I’ll also check out EzineArticles more in depth – keep up the good work.

Comment provided July 7, 2009 at 10:16 AM

Chris Scully writes:

I have been following Jeff’s blogs for the last year and have seen him post to EzineArticles routinely. I have found EzineArticles to be an interesting platform for every imaginable subject (especially the health-related ones)…and have found myself referring to the site on a regular basis. I hope Jeff continues to contribute to this database.

Comment provided July 7, 2009 at 10:18 AM

John J writes:

Jeff Hopeck is an impressive individual with a passion for life. Spending a few minutes with him makes one truly want to “Grow on the Inside and Shrink on the Outside.”

Comment provided July 7, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Keith Elliott writes:

Every time I get an Email from Ezine – it gets opened right away. I may be very new at this, but I recognize great value when I see it. Receiving Jeff’s article was no exception. I can’t wait to see what comes next.

Comment provided July 7, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Katie writes:

This article is so helpful- I have been hesitant to publish articles, but knowing how helpful eZine has been for you, I’m starting right away. Thanks for your insights…looking forward to reading more of your articles!

Comment provided July 7, 2009 at 11:13 AM

A member asked, “How do you find what keywords led them to your article as Jeff mentions in Item #5, the third bullet?”

Answer: Traffic Search Terms

Comment provided July 7, 2009 at 11:42 AM

It’s indeed amazing that EzineArticles is free. I hope it stays free!

Gunter

Comment provided July 7, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Kelly writes:

I have used Ezine to publish a few articles but haven’t really gotten into using it. I think after reading this I’m going to give it some more attention in the weeks to come. Thanks!

Comment provided July 7, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Pamela Turton writes:

As a relatively new ezine author, I found Jeff’s comments really reassuring, encouraging and clear.Thanks for this :)

Comment provided July 7, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Adrian Sasine writes:

Jeff not only talks the talk, he walks the walk. The content of his articles are great and they are based on the overall philosophy he lives and works by. You will feel it when you talk to him and see it when you read his books.

Comment provided July 7, 2009 at 1:38 PM

sandra writes:

Yes I also am inspired and see how important they are but still having trouble with my first LOL

Comment provided July 7, 2009 at 2:33 PM

John Johnson writes:

One need only spend a few minutes with Jeff Hopeck to recognize his passion for good health and physical fitness–for himself AND others. Clearly his passion extends to writing.

Comment provided July 7, 2009 at 4:51 PM

david writes:

The articles on child obesity are fantastic. Our family has been blessed that we had no obesity in our family but I know some that do. With this kind of information their kids,hopefully, will have a good chance of a more healthy life.
When our son went off to college he gained the “freshman flab” by eating you name it, no exercise, and very little sleep. Since he has been home for summer he has eaten sensibly and has been working out with karate along with outdoor jobs. Thanks to Jeff and his “words of wisdom”.

Comment provided July 7, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Mark Garnham writes:

I really enjoyed Jeff’s article and commentary. I have learnt that with the assistance from Adsense, there is a way to generate income from writing articles – must check this out

Comment provided July 7, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Roxanne writes:

I’ve been doing some research on blogging and Jeff’s advice is very clear and easy to follow. I think he’s created a very successful strategy that can work for many people. Assemble a core of related blogs that you have expertise and interest in and provide solid content. Pretty soon you’ll have advertisers knocking at your door.

Comment provided July 7, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Dr. Ramsey Amin writes:

Wow! Talk about credibilty…Jeff Hopeck in the Secret Service! Talk about trusting someone. If the President’s life was in your hands, I would trust what he has to say about everything else!

Comment provided July 7, 2009 at 11:25 PM

novianti writes:

Jeff is the best experts author among others. He’s very expert in writing . This is really encourage me to write more and more, as Jeff did. Thank you for philosophy that share with us. really help.

Comment provided July 8, 2009 at 12:28 AM

Joseph Geraghty writes:

As an expert in self-esteem, I was impressed how Jeff shared some simple results that would help others overcome any doubt about the validity of writting blogs. And the win win they create.

Thank you Jeff.

Comment provided July 8, 2009 at 4:14 AM

Yvonne Finn writes:

Congratulations, Jeff!
Clearly you “get” how to use article writing to drive your business.

Thank you so much for sharing and articulating it so well.
I am more motivated than ever to make full use of this incredibly free and useful site that is EzineArticles.

Continued success!
Yvonne

Comment provided July 8, 2009 at 9:49 AM

Sam writes:

Thanks so much and l have learned many things about article marketing… l will continue to follow what l have learned too

Comment provided July 8, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Thomas Scott writes:

This was a great spotlight. It really encouraged me to start writing more articles!

I was so inspired by this I posted about it in my latest blog.

Congratulations Jeff! All the best to you.

(And thanks EzineArticles.com for e-mailing this to me! :) )

Regards,
Thomas

Comment provided July 9, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Martin - Security. writes:

Jeff’s article is truly inspiring and the tip on using “traffic search terms” – priceless!

Comment provided July 10, 2009 at 11:47 PM

Jeff has such a passion for life and really wants to help people become their best self, he got me to read labels and take more time when shopping to buy the right things, his book is easy to read and understand, can’t wait for the third!

Comment provided July 12, 2009 at 9:45 AM