Expert Author Jeff Hopeck is in today’s Author Spotlight. As a 3-year veteran of the U.S. Secret Service, Jeff Hopeck has known a lot of busy people – in particular, the President of the United States. His goal now as a fitness instructor is to help busy people live healthier lives.
We asked Jeff to share his thoughts on how EzineArticles fits into his philosophy, business and marketing mix.
- Jeff, your background is in the Secret Service. How does that experience effect your article marketing strategy?
When I really need to drive home at a particular point, I will reference the President of the United States. For instance, some people really think they are too busy to exercise. My response? If that man can squeeze in 20 minutes each day to exercise and stay healthy, I’m certain every one of us can!
Thus, exercise is about prioritizing your time. You make time to shower, don’t you? Then you should make time for something that can help you live longer, as well.
- What would you tell others about the success you’ve had thus far with EzineArticles.com?
First, let me tell you how skeptical I was to sign up for an account with EzineArticles.com! To me, it was just another SEO tool that drove traffic, and I don’t have time to dedicate to every single new SEO tool that hits the market.
WOW! I wish I knew how impacting EzineArticles.com was 2 years ago.
In my first 20 articles, here is a list of the quantifiable results I’ve gotten:
- My article “Healthy Eating in 100 Words” is being published in an Ebook in Queensland, Australia.
- I was featured twice in a Pennsylvania small town newspaper. These features drove traffic to my blog and resulted in about one hundred book sales!
- As my article marketing tools sharpened, traffic to my blog increased significantly and my AdSense account grew exponentially.
- You said you’re amazed by the results you get from EzineArticles. How so?
I’m amazed because EzineArticles is a FREE resource. For results this great, one would expect to pay a lot of money.
- Where/how does article marketing fit into your overall marketing scheme?
After seeing results so quickly, there is no doubt EzineArticles.com is an effective platform for marketing my blogs. Therefore, article marketing has been implemented into my overall marketing strategy aggressively. On a weekly basis, I try to submit 2-5 articles that are focused on helping busy people live healthier.
I predict EzineArticles.com will remain in my top 3 marketing strategies for many years to come.
- In our eyes, you do many “right things right” by utilizing several of the EzineArticles tools at your disposal. Which are your favorites and why?
To date, there are (3) EzineArticles tools that really make life easier for me:
- Draft Button – I start writing an article and halfway through I realize that two points I make would be great content for stand-alone articles! I simply start a new article, drop in the title, save it, and then go back to finish what I was writing. It’s that simple.
- WYSIWYG Editor – For those who are new to it, it’s a simple way to make edits to your articles. You can bold, bullet, italicize, and much more! No need to worry anymore if you don’t know html code.
- Article Reports – You can see how many people read the article, but you can also see what search terms actually got them to the article. Using these analytics helped me tweak my keyword strategy and get more exposure to my articles each time I write!
- Any closing thoughts?
If there is one suggestion I can make it would be this: Finish reading this article, and hurry to write your next article! For every minute you aren’t writing and submitting, your competition is writing and submitting. If you want to keep up with the competition, one way to do so is to keep up with your writing! The more you write the more traffic you will get. It’s that simple.
We couldn’t have said it better ourselves! Writing and submitting is the key to increased traffic, improved credibility and more sales.
You’re finished reading – now go write and submit your next set of fresh, original articles!