Every article you submit to EzineArticles gets a minimum of 2 human editor reviews. These reviews ensure that your article follows our Editorial Guidelines, offers valuable content and provides a positive user experience.
During these reviews, we also ensure that all links offer that same positive user experience. In other words, we make sure they work!
We know that the Internet is constantly changing. Links that worked when the article was initially approved may become “broken” or no longer lead to a functioning website. So we perform random checks on links and report any invalid links to you.
How does invalid link detection system work? [Download Chart (PDF / 120KB)]
- Day 1: We discover your article’s invalid link and mark it for further testing.
- Day 3: The link is tested again. If it’s invalid we mark it for another check.
- Day 5: The link is tested again. If it’s still invalid, we notify you via email using your email address on file.
The next time you login to your EzineArticles account you will be presented with an option to go directly to the Article Diagnostic Center [learn more]. Here you will see a list of the invalid URL(s) by article title. From this list, you’ll be able to edit, remove or re-validate the invalid link(s).
In the Article Diagnostic Center…
- Click on the invalid URL to determine whether or not the link is working properly.
- If the link IS working, click “Report as valid”. The text “URL working?” will change to “Reported and in review” until our editors can verify that the link is valid.
- If the link is NOT working, click to edit the link directly in the article. Once the link is fixed by you, it will be removed from the invalid link database and no further action is required.
If you choose to ignore any links that generate a 404 (Page not found) or 403 (Forbidden) error code, we will automatically unlink it on Day 35 (30 days from initial notification) and send you an email explaining what we have done.
Creating a positive user experience is vital for the success of your article marketing campaign. Review your links frequently and repair any invalid links immediately to insure that your readers don’t go someplace you don’t want them to go…
Please leave a comment if you have any questions.